It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden : Video, photos of body, autopsy, and return of remains to family

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by vipertech0596

Just like the US took JFK's death into account? Oh and btw the brain of JFK grew feet and disappeared. Yeah, dumping your only source of viable evidence now makes the alleged story of Ladens death that much more unbelievable.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by vipertech0596
reply to post by Whereweheaded

SEAL Team 6 in conjunction with the CIA, not just the CIA, not just the SEALs but both...toss in the Army helicopter pilots for good measure. Its not a matter of the story changing...its a matter of waiting for the facts. Last night was another illustration on how the media can get ahead of itself in reporting a story. First, it was the CIA raid was last week, reported by Fox and CNN. But when the story is "officially" released, its a raid on Sunday run by SEAL Team 6 with the assistance of the CIA and the Army.

And for those of you whining about the 'quick' disposal of the body.....Muslim beliefs, the body must be buried within 24 hours of death, and burial at sea is allowed. In other words, even in the death of this monster, the United States took his faith into account.
edit on 2-5-2011 by vipertech0596 because: added

Please, if they wait for the facts then how can they come back and claim the story is changing? As for the burial at sea, I hope they just tossed his corpse overboard, I hate to think that they gave this monster the same dignity they offer our people.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by hooper

if they wait for the facts then how can they come back and claim the story is changing?

Wouldn't you want to have the story submitted when the facts are in? Not say one thing about a CIA op, then two hours later claim it was the SEALS?

The point is, the alleged " facts " weren't in, thats how the story changed dramatically in 2 hours.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
i really dont get it! how anybody can think by killing one guy it will end what has been started, if it was actually down to these so called extremists in the first place. common sence says dont kill the guy if it was him in charge of all this! you will only make a marta of him and this terror will esculate, lets face it there are prime targets all over the place that sit totally unguarded... im talking about gas storage towers, nuclear power plants etc etc...so once again in a rash jump of stupidity the u.s now prolongs this war and puts the people in further danager from terorist attacks!

if in fact it was him why didnt they capture him and lock him up in secret! why make a marta of a guy!

all i can say is either the u.s goverment are a complete bunch of born again dickheads or this is a complete load of bollocks and they have some ageneda planned that this will somehow justify!

time will tell! one thing i can bet on! this will only instigate further hatred against our countries if in fact it is true

well done the u.s goverment! get a grip and start reading a bit of history before you think you can police and control the world with less than 250 years of being a nation let alone any history of conquest or rulership of another nation! time and time you muppets jump in and get your arses kicked by 2nd and 3rd world countries, in my opinion we might be looking at the begining of the end for the u.s! you made so many enamies world wide and all i hope is that you dont drag the u.k down with you! truthfully i really cant wait for our goverment to wake up and pull out of getting into these wars with the u.s , if you have found and killed bin laden then i would be #tin it big time cus it was totally the wrong way to go about it!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by hooper

if they wait for the facts then how can they come back and claim the story is changing?

Wouldn't you want to have the story submitted when the facts are in? Not say one thing about a CIA op, then two hours later claim it was the SEALS?

The point is, the alleged " facts " weren't in, thats how the story changed dramatically in 2 hours.

You heard the CIA was involved. They were. You heard the Navy Seals were involved. They were. Where's the dramatic change?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Because that is how the media works, they get a hint of a story and then work to scoop their competitors. Thats how you it was just the CIA, that it happened last week, that WTC7 has fallen, that Columbia astronauts had survived, that George HW Bush had died after throwing up in Japan.......the media never waits for all the facts on a "big" story.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I am just saddened by this whole mess. I can't believe they buried him at sea! This can only lead to one conclusion that the story is another lie. Why the sudden need to rigorously observe Islamic law? Puh leeeeeze!

Wikileaks release warns of a nuke then Bin Laden is killed. It's got me nervous.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by hooper

The SEALS operate under the Joint chiefs. Not the CIA. I may be mistaken, but if the CIA was involved in any way, the SEALS would not have been used.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

United States Code Title 50. US military units can be "chopped" to the CIA for operations. All strictly legal. And all makes me want to puke that we have morons in our country that insist that laws are needed to allow Federal Agencies work together for national security issues.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by hooper

The SEALS operate under the Joint chiefs. Not the CIA. I may be mistaken, but if the CIA was involved in any way, the SEALS would not have been used.

They all operate under the command of the Commander-in-Chief and the Chief Executive.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Nothing sudden about it. We have been rigourously observing Islamic law in regards to our treatment of prisoners ever since the war on terror started. Granted, there have been some cases of troops going off the reservation, but by and large, we observe Islamic practices.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Do these crooked politicians really believe all Americans are stupid enough to believe their political ploys and ridiculous propaganda attempts? Think people. According to Obama "Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation...." But the claims are this operation was launched a week ago. Is the US Military deliberately making Obama look the fool? Do the lying politicians ever tell the truth?

What do you know, the FBI finally put a DECEASED under Usama's most-wanted picture today. Only 9 years and 4 months late, but he was never WANTED for 911 was he? Wonder why? Surely 9+ years is enough time to find or manufacture the necessary evidence.

Buried at sea by the US Navy? With full honors maybe? Laying a top Al CIA da agent to rest? Why would they not want the body identified? The FAKE photos don't count. And why would nobody want to collect the $27,000,000.00 in rewards?

Where would they have gotten the real DNA for bin Laden to compare to DNA from this alleged dead body of bin Laden? Do SEAL Teams carry a little vial of Usama DNA with them along with a quickie DNA test kit? Do all DNA labs carry Usama DNA just in case a military jet rolls in with some dead Usama DNA? Or do they just fake it like they did at the Pentagon with heat-resistant DNA?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPreston
What do you know, the FBI finally put a DECEASED under Usama's most-wanted picture today. Only 9 years and 4 months late, but he was never WANTED for 911 was he? Wonder why? Surely 9+ years is enough time to find or manufacture the necessary evidence.

It's been pointed out ad nauseum that it's not the FBI that declares what suspects are charged with on the Ten Most Wanted list. It's the grand jury, which files the actual charges. The US gov't has said from day one that they wanted to try Bin Laden in a military court (becuase theyc an keep the proceedings secret) rather than through a grand jury (becuase everything would be made public).

Doesn't it bother you in the least that your spouting demonstratable falsehoods like this is making the credibility of the 9/11 conspiracy movement suffer as a whole? If you can't even get past a bunch of nobodies here on ATS then what do you think is going to happen if you ever actually do get your independent investigation?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by vipertech0596

Regardless of codes, my point is, until they roll his bones down the hall for all to see ( which we know aint gonna happen because they conveniently jettisoned his ass over the side into the ocean ), there's no way to conclude that the OS is true. Its a ruse to get Obama brownie points for the coming election.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by hooper

if true the seals shot a defenceless dialysis and stroke victim
thy could have captured him if they were real men
obviously they were AFRAID of him
and his one good arm and freaky big dialysis machine

Couple of problems with your logic.

1-A dialysis patient is not hooked to a machine 24/7. They have their treatment 1-2 times per week for 4 hours.

2-Even a person on dialysis can fire a weapon.

3-Even someone with one good arm can still fire a weapon.

So, go back to the drawing board and start over.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

It's been pointed out ad nauseum that it's not the FBI that declares what suspects are charged with on the Ten Most Wanted list. It's the grand jury, which files the actual charges. The US gov't has said from day one that they wanted to try Bin Laden in a military court (becuase theyc an keep the proceedings secret) rather than through a grand jury (becuase everything would be made public).

On June 5, 2006, the Muckraker Report contacted the FBI Headquarters, (202) 324-3000, to learn why Bin Laden’s Most Wanted poster did not indicate that Usama was also wanted in connection with 9/11. The Muckraker Report spoke with Rex Tomb, Chief of Investigative Publicity for the FBI. When asked why there is no mention of 9/11 on Bin Laden’s Most Wanted web page, Tomb said, “The reason why 9/11 is not mentioned on Usama Bin Laden’s Most Wanted page is because the FBI has no hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11.” Surprised by the ease in which this FBI spokesman made such an astonishing statement, I asked, “How this was possible?” Tomb continued, “Bin Laden has not been formally charged in connection to 9/11.” I asked, “How does that work?” Tomb continued, “The FBI gathers evidence. Once evidence is gathered, it is turned over to the Department of Justice. The Department of Justice than decides whether it has enough evidence to present to a federal grand jury. In the case of the 1998 United States Embassies being bombed, Bin Laden has been formally indicted and charged by a grand jury. He has not been formally indicted and charged in connection with 9/11 because the FBI has no hard evidence connected Bin Laden to 9/11.”

Just to clear that up, they haven't charged him in connection to 911 as there is no evidence connecting him to that event. It has nothing to do with keeping the proceedings "secret" and everything to do with absolutely no evidence, not 1 single piece of hard evidence, connecting him.

Other than that I pretty much agree with most of what you have said in this thread.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

From the FBI website:

Bin Laden was a suspect in a number of terrorist attacks around the world in addition to the 9/11 attacks.

The website:

www.fbi.gov...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
Just to clear that up, they haven't charged him in connection to 911 as there is no evidence connecting him to that event. It has nothing to do with keeping the proceedings "secret" and everything to do with absolutely no evidence, not 1 single piece of hard evidence, connecting him.

Other than that I pretty much agree with most of what you have said in this thread.

This is incorrect. Thanks ironically to a link Impressme posted, it's been shown the FBI stated there is no DIRECT evidence linking Bin Laden to 9/11. They stated there is in fact a large amount of INDIRECT evidence, such as his connections to his lieutenant Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and the connections from KSM to the hijackers. There is no document anywhere that will have Osama Bin Laden's signature ordering the 9/11 attack. That's not how Al Qaida is organized. You will OTOH see a paper trail of money and go betweens linking him to the 9/11 attack.

Not that it matters as Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is alive, in custody, and heading for trial for the 9/11 attack, and yet KSM wasn't charged for the 9/11 attack by the grand jury when he was on the FBI's most wanted list either. The explainion I go by is that the gov't always wanted to charge him under the military commissions court instead of a grand jury (which is exactly what the gov't did). How do you explain this?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Pardon me, but does the picture show a blue left eye?Id swear it does....
Anyone else see it?
just sayin....

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

It was inevitable that truthers would be frothing at the mouth having got it wrong again. They have been saying for years OBL was dead and all the videos and audio fake. Not going to let that go easily.

Over the next few days I predict that it will become obvious to anyone with an open mind that he has just been killed. Al Jazeera are already reporting threats of reprisal from al-Qaeda and the Taliban :-

english.aljazeera.net...

How does Obama organize that ?

Maybe he gets a few of the British officers on the ground in Libya to arrange it with the members of Al-Queda they are assisting to take out Gadaffi.

Also sends out a BIG warning to Gadaffi. Look, get out or this could be you!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join