It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Prayer Circle

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

Heavenly father, I offer this prayer for the user maybee. May you send your son Jesus and the healing Holy Spirit forth to lift them up and comfort them in their time of need.

Dear Heavenly Father,

I thank you today for family, both far and near. I pray that this day You would comfort the hearts of those who are hurting and that You would make Your presence felt and known. I ask that You would give us wisdom as we seek to comfort and encourage souls that know You not, patience as we wait, and a willingness to follow wherever You might lead.

I know, dear Lord, You make no mistakes and for this I am grateful. No one takes a final breath without the knowledge of a Holy God. I am humbled by Your awesome love.

In Jesus name,
Amen

And a psalm just for you

Psalm 139

1 You have searched me, LORD,
and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue
you, LORD, know it completely.
5 You hem me in behind and before,
and you lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.

7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,”
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand—
when I awake, I am still with you.

edit on 24-5-2011 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
A piece of scripture from Matt 6 for those who worry about the future:

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Just need a prayer to be able to see my son more.

Thanks to all

God Bless.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
ATTENTION!!

The topic of this thread is ATS Prayer Circle. If you are not here to contribute and participate in the PURPOSE of this thread....do NOT respond or your post will be actioned for being OFF TOPIC.

Final warning!

edit on May 25th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Heavenly Father we pray for the user Maybee, may you comfort them and lighten their heart in these dark times. Your love is infinite and your compassion boundless. We thank you for the small graces you send us every single day, they are the things that make our life that little bit more bearable.

We ask you to remember Maybee's ill friend. May Jesus walk with them every step of their journey and help them bear their cross of suffering. May your will be done with this person and may they never feel alone or apart from your love.

Lord, may you also remember the user Daikaiju and let them see more of their son. May you help remove whatever obstacles that stops a parent from seeing their child and help bring them close together once again.

As always, we ask all of this in the name of our most merciful saviour Jesus.

Glory be to the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning,
is now and ever shall be
world without end

Amen
edit on 26-5-2011 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by daikaiju
Just need a prayer to be able to see my son more.

Thanks to all

God Bless.

Prayers to you and your son. I truly feel in the old saying, Where there's a will, There's a way. So hang in there, OK?

Thank you all so much for the many kind words and beautiful scriptures. I have way more flaws than I care to even think about, but lately I know I need to try to sort some things out. You are all in my prayers. And Mark, a special thanks to you, my friend.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
A prayer for healing

Lord, You invite all who are burdened to come to You. Allow your healing hand to heal me. Touch my soul with Your compassion for others. Touch my heart with Your courage and infinite love for all. Touch my mind with Your wisdom, that my mouth may always proclaim Your praise. Teach me to reach out to You in my need, and help me to lead others to You by my example. Most loving Heart of Jesus, bring me health in body and spirit that I may serve You with all my strength. Touch gently this life which You have created, now and forever.

P.S Maybee, we are all riddled with faults and flaws - this is part of the human experience. None of us on this earth can claim to be more holy that the other....

I also want to thank you for starting this thread, you have inspired me to pray again. Praying is something I have not done for years, because I believed God wasn't interested in listening to me any more (long story
)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
A prayer for guidance

Lord Jesus, may everything I do begin with You,
continue with Your help,
and be done under Your guidance.
May my sharing in the Mass free me from my sins,
and make me worthy of Your healing.
May I grow in Your Love and Your service,
and become a pleasing offering to You;
and with You to Your Father.
May the mystery I celebrate help me
to reach eternal life with you.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Thanks markosity1973 and all who have prayed or requested a prayer. Like you, I usually prayed when things were good. It's much easier to be thankful in good times than in troubled ones. It's' easy to doubt faith, but then sometimes that's when the most extrodinary things happen. I recently found a song on YouTube that I hadn't thought of in years. Not sure how to imbed, but it's called.. "Thank You for the Valley" It confused me as a child, as to why you would be thankful for burdens. I use to hear the words, but didn't really listen. Again, thank you all, and many blessings to you and yours.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Psalm 150 - a psalm of praise

1Praise the LORD
Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens.
2 Praise him for his acts of power;
praise him for his surpassing greatness.
3 Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise him with the harp and lyre,
4 praise him with timbrel and dancing,
praise him with the strings and pipe,
5 praise him with the clash of cymbals,
praise him with resounding cymbals.

6 Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.

Praise the LORD.

P.S My apologies for not being so active on this thread lately - I have just started a new job and I am now very time poor. You are all still in my thoughts and prayers though

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

Thank you and you are in my prayers as well. I have read here, in the past day or so, so many members with needs. All in my prayers as well. Congratulations on your new job. With jobs so scarce, a good blessing for you it seems.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
For all of those folk out there that feel let down by friends and family, Jesus is the one friend you can always rely on.

“Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends” (John 15:13, KJV).

A Prayer of love for Jesus (excuse the old school english - its an old Catholic prayer
)

Accept the love of a soul which has offended Thee so
deeply.
Show me the immense good Thou art,
that I may love Thee exceedingly.
I desire to love Thee exceedingly in this life,
that I may love Thee exceedingly in the next.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join