It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Prayer Circle

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

well, the text is from the Bible.... so I guess your opinion on this matter is more holy than God's opinion on it

I'll stick with this Holy prayer of Nehemiah's from the Holy Bible just as it is written, and will continue to prayer for it as well.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Ezra's prayer against racial intermarriage and the sins that come from it:

Ezra chapter 9:1-15

1 Now when these things were done, the princes came to me, saying, The people of Israel, and the priests, and the Levites, have not separated themselves from the people of the lands, doing according to their abominations, even of the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Jebusites, the Ammonites, the Moabites, the Egyptians, and the Amorites.
2 For they have taken of their daughters for themselves, and for their sons: so that the holy seed have mingled themselves with the people of those lands: yea, the hand of the princes and rulers hath been chief in this trespass.
3 And when I heard this thing, I rent my garment and my mantle, and plucked off the hair of my head and of my beard, and sat down astonied.
4 Then were assembled unto me every one that trembled at the words of the God of Israel, because of the transgression of those that had been carried away; and I sat astonied until the evening sacrifice.
5 And at the evening sacrifice I arose up from my heaviness; and having rent my garment and my mantle, I fell upon my knees, and spread out my hands unto the LORD my God,
6 And said, O my God, I am ashamed and blush to lift up my face to thee, my God: for our iniquities are increased over our head, and our trespass is grown up unto the heavens.
7 Since the days of our fathers have we been in a great trespass unto this day; and for our iniquities have we, our kings, and our priests, been delivered into the hand of the kings of the lands, to the sword, to captivity, and to a spoil, and to confusion of face, as it is this day.
8 And now for a little space grace hath been shewed from the LORD our God, to leave us a remnant to escape, and to give us a nail in his holy place, that our God may lighten our eyes, and give us a little reviving in our bondage.
9 For we were bondmen; yet our God hath not forsaken us in our bondage, but hath extended mercy unto us in the sight of the kings of Persia, to give us a reviving, to set up the house of our God, and to repair the desolations thereof, and to give us a wall in Judah and in Jerusalem.
10 And now, O our God, what shall we say after this? for we have forsaken thy commandments,
11 Which thou hast commanded by thy servants the prophets, saying, The land, unto which ye go to possess it, is an unclean land with the filthiness of the people of the lands, with their abominations, which have filled it from one end to another with their uncleanness.
12 Now therefore give not your daughters unto their sons, neither take their daughters unto your sons, nor seek their peace or their wealth for ever: that ye may be strong, and eat the good of the land, and leave it for an inheritance to your children for ever. 13 And after all that is come upon us for our evil deeds, and for our great trespass, seeing that thou our God hast punished us less than our iniquities deserve, and hast given us such deliverance as this; 14 Should we again break thy commandments, and join in affinity with the people of these abominations? wouldest not thou be angry with us till thou hadst consumed us, so that there should be no remnant nor escaping?
15 O LORD God of Israel, thou art righteous: for we remain yet escaped, as it is this day: behold, we are before thee in our trespasses: for we cannot stand before thee because of this.
edit on 14-5-2011 by KJV1611 because: i can

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Hmmm, I hope you realise that even most white folk are the result of interracial marriages. My family tree has Scots, Irish, German and Welsh blood for instance. 4 races with separate identities. So, whom am I permitted to marry, or am I forbidden
If I say this prayer, I am praying against myself if I wish to marry, and I am an abomination for having been born........

I do not deny what is in the bible, nor do I wish to start an argument, but I am sure that with all that is going on in the world we could be praying for more constructive things.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Yeah but....did you ever stop to think all that is going on in the world could be a result on not taking heed to this prayer? Or Ezra's same prayer. Or Joshua's, Moses, etc, all dealing with the same thing. Just a thought.

Man disobeys God, such as not taking heed to the prayers mentioned above. As a result, we have the problems in this world you speak of. Its a sad truth, yet quite evident.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Oh I totally agree with you in that the world is in the diabolical state that it is in today through man's ignorance of God's will. You might be interested in reading my thread I started here about a letter of warning that was written to the Pope in 1982 for instance.

I guess we are just looking at the same problem from different perspectives. I believe my efforts are better spent praying for the conversion of souls, for the sick and the needy. From what I have seen and heard through the living church, we are in a time of great danger from the wrath of God but it is also a time of great mercy and grace for those who ask for his help and forgiveness.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Psalm 23

A Psalm of David.
The LORD is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell[a] in the house of the LORD
Forever.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Thanks so much to you and all the rest who have posted here. I love Psalms 23 and the Lord's Prayer which you also posted.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

They are 2 of my favorites too.

It is funny, I never know what I am going to post until I post it, it just comes to me when I sit down to write. A few words of scripture or a prayer pop into my head, I look them and I look them up and away I go.

And thankyou KJV for your insights, I enjoy being educated and hearing different viewpoints. We are all part of the body of Christ and just as the right hand is different to the left leg, we can differ in opinion and viewpoint, but we are still parts of the same body

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Oh most Holy and merciful father, I ask that you pour our your loving and healing mercy upon the friend of creator of this thread. I also thank you for bringing all of the people who participate in this thread together for you yourself have promised that when a group prays, special things will happen.

As always, I ask this in the name of Jesus, your son and our only saviour and light in these dark times.

The Beatitudes (Matt 5 3 - 10)

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Stars for you sir!! (for whatever there worth?)
Glad to see people are reading this thread

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Prayer for the conversion of souls

Lord Jesus Christ, most merciful Saviour of the world, we humbly beseech You, by Your most Sacred Heart, that all the sheep who stray out of Your fold may in one days be converted to You, the Shepherd and Bishop of their souls, who lives and reigns with God the Father in the unity of the Holy Spirit, world without end.
Amen.

Isaiah Ch 55

1Come, all you who are thirsty,
come to the waters;
and you who have no money,
come, buy and eat!
Come, buy wine and milk
without money and without cost.
2 Why spend money on what is not bread,
and your labor on what does not satisfy?
Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good,
and you will delight in the richest of fare.
3 Give ear and come to me;
listen, that you may live.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Psalm 100 - a psalm of praise

1Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
2 Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
3 Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
"Give wisdom and understanding to my leaders. Protect my warriors and bring them back safe. Give to the young, love and contentment. Give health and long life to my old people, so that they may remain with us a long time. Make my enemy brave and strong, so that if defeated, I will not be ashamed. And give me knowledge, so I may have kindness for all. And let me live each day, so when day is done, my prayers will not have been in vain."

Francis X. Guardipee, Big Lodge Pole

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Thanks to all of you for the beautiful prayers and scriptures. You can't know how much they mean to me. All of you are in my prayers as well. Hope everyone has a wonderful day or evening (depending where you are)
I'll check back later. maybee

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Psalm 34

1 I will extol the LORD at all times;
his praise will always be on my lips.
2 I will glory in the LORD;
let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
3 Glorify the LORD with me;
let us exalt his name together.
4 I sought the LORD, and he answered me;
he delivered me from all my fears.
5 Those who look to him are radiant;
their faces are never covered with shame.
6 This poor man called, and the LORD heard him;
he saved him out of all his troubles.
7 The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him,
and he delivers them.
8 Taste and see that the LORD is good;
blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.
9 Fear the LORD, you his holy people,
for those who fear him lack nothing.
10 The lions may grow weak and hungry,
but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.
11 Come, my children, listen to me;
I will teach you the fear of the LORD.
12 Whoever of you loves life
and desires to see many good days,
13 keep your tongue from evil
and your lips from telling lies.
14 Turn from evil and do good;
seek peace and pursue it.
15 The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous,
and his ears are attentive to their cry;
16 but the face of the LORD is against those who do evil,
to blot out their name from the earth.
17 The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them;
he delivers them from all their troubles.
18 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
19 The righteous person may have many troubles,
but the LORD delivers him from them all;
20 he protects all his bones,
not one of them will be broken.
21 Evil will slay the wicked;
the foes of the righteous will be condemned.
22 The LORD will rescue his servants;
no one who takes refuge in him will be condemned.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

The Psalms 34 is beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing. You are much in my prayers, too. It's truly a blessing to read your posts. Keep up the good work. Thanks again, maybee

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by maybee

I am humbled by your reply, but please do not thank me. Rather thank God for the words that I find to post, for they are not mine - I am just an unworthy sinner passing on a message

edit on 20-5-2011 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
A prayer for anyone suffering or going through tough times:

Behold me, my beloved Jesus,
weighed down under the burden of my trials and sufferings,
I cast myself at Your feet,
that You may renew my strength and my courage,
while I rest here in Your Presence.
Permit me to lay down my cross in Your Sacred Heart,
for only Your infinite goodness can sustain me;
only Your love can help me bear my cross;
only Your powerful hand can lighten its weight.
O Divine King, Jesus,
whose heart is so compassionate to the afflicted,
I wish to live in You;
suffer and die in You.
During my life be to me my model and my support;
At the hour of my death,
be my hope and my refuge.

Amen.

Psalm 118 v 1-4

1Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
his love endures forever.
2 Let Israel say:
“His love endures forever.”
3 Let the house of Aaron say:
4 Let those who fear the LORD say:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Prayer for Those Affected by Tornadoes

Angry wind
Swirling pictures
Hearts amazed beyond belief
In an instant
Dreams blown away
Lord, have mercy!

Lord, have mercy
as your people sift through the rubble
Lord, have mercy
as bodies continue to be found
Lord, have mercy
when displaced people begin to long for home
and church leaders begin to assess damages.
Lord, have mercy as the people who have been afflicted
settle into the process of rebuilding their lives. Amen.

John Chapter 14 - Jesus' words of comfort to his apostles

1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Hello. I just want to say thank you again, for the kind responses to this thread and I do believe in the power of healing and an occasional miracle. My heart is kinda heavy right now, so as all of you are in my prayers, please continue to keep me in yours. Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join