It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Prayer Circle

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Apologies for my short, abrupt reply then.

I hope all of your prayers are answered by someone or something.

Peace

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
A Prayer Of Adoration For God's Presence

Most Precious Lord Jesus…
Gentle And Wonderful God…
Truly Awesome And Ever-present Holy Spirit…
Thank you for this time of thought, worship, reflection, and meditation.
Thank you for these few moments with you.
Precious Lord Jesus, I want to express my love to you but sometimes I am caught up in my own life in my own worries.
So many things within me get in the way of expressing my love for you.
As much as I am able, I express my adoration for you.
My words cannot express my thankfulness for all you are and all you have done for me.
To say "thank you" for your sacrifice for me on the Cross is feeble and seems lame, but my words are often all I have.
During the coming days I turn my eyes and heart to you.
During the coming days I shall be tested, but in your name I shall resist, persevere, and be renewed through you.
In this world, no matter how dark the world may become, I know I can still be in your presence.
In this world, even though I am weak and tempted, I know I can be strong in my love for you as I seek to be steadfast in your sight.
Help me as I try to be your witness.
Give me courage, inspiration, and power to be a person who always glorifies your name.
All these things I humbly pray in the name of my most Blessed Lord Jesus Christ, my Mighty God, and my Ever-present Holy Spirit upon whom I can rely.

Amen

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

Amen

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

you make some what good points...but when your not welcome or wanted some where, why stick around? Your just causing trouble. Does that make you feel better about yourself in some sort of weird way?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Not really, Its just nice for other skeptics to have another opinion.

Bye.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
A prayer for the power to forgive one another

Faultless Lord, enduring death for me,
You have consummated the debt of my sins:
Your sacrifice of forgiveness was absolute!
Grant me the strength to also forgive others,
To excuse their transgressions against me.
So I may truly reflect this spiritual fruit,
Obliterate any persistent feelings of malice.
Let each trespass end as a closing chapter,
My continuing on the road of righteousness.
Forgive my sins as I aspire to forgive others.
You are truly archetypical of forgiveness.
You are a most forgiving Lord!

Amen

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Anyone is welcome here, even skeptics as long as we stay on topic - which is saying prayer for ourselves, each other and those in need.

Remember, our prayers are like radio waves, just because we can't see their effect or sense them beyond the sound of our voice or thoughts they make their way to God's ears, no matter who we are or what we believe.

edit on 11-5-2011 by markosity1973 because: atrocious grammar

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by markosity1973
Anyone is welcome here, even skeptics as long as we stay on topic - which is saying prayer for ourselves, each other and those in need.

Remember, our prayers are like radio waves, just because we can't see their effect or sense them beyond the sound of our voice or thoughts they make their way to God's ears, no matter who we are or what we believe.

edit on 11-5-2011 by markosity1973 because: atrocious grammar

Thanks to all and to you for that. I agree. That's a cool perspective, with the radio waves. I like that. Again to skeptics, I never intended to convert or preach or offend anyone with this thread, it's just something I wanted to do. Blessings to all of you and please remember me and especially my friend. Thanks so much.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Heavenly Father we thank you for the idea that the user Maybee had in creating this prayer thread. May you continue to bless and comfort them in their life. I also offer the following prayer for their ill friend.

Prayer for the Sick

Watch, O Lord, with those who wake, or watch, or weep tonight, and give your angels charge over those who sleep.

Tend your sick ones, O Lord Christ.
Rest your weary ones.
Bless your dying ones.
Soothe your suffering ones.
Pity your afflicted ones.
Shield your joyous ones.
And for all your love's sake.

Amen.
edit on 12-5-2011 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Heavenly
Father,
forgive
this
sinner.
Help
those
who
seek
find
your
mercy.
In
the
name
of
Christ
I
pray.
Amen.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Dear Heavenly Father,

Bless this man inside of me. The man outside cannot see.
I hear him rant, I hear him rave, but I know the gift you gave.
Sometimes he feels so ashamed. I know though sin is to be blamed.
He often ponders life and death. Your word is life, life in your breath.
He has his flaws, more than a few. That's why you came, why we count on you.
So when your near and time is nigh. Remember me Lord, inside this guy.
Though so I may be, the least that you know. My shouts for your glory will be heard in the front row.

In Christ's name I pray,
Amen.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Hail Odin
Grey Wanderer
For many years You have knocked at the hidden doors to my soul.
Patient yet ever insistent: awaiting my response.

Hail Odin
All Father:
Ye who knows the passageways to my heart.
Yet patient, waiting, not treading there within, uninvited.

Hail Odin
Wise One
You teach me the greater worth of a path freely chosen.
i welcome You now into my heart, unfettered by reservation.

Hail Odin
Spear Shaker
Ye who incites wars amongst nations and the battles within each man’s heart:
You spur me now to rise to Your challenge.

Hail Odin
One Eyed God
Your quest unhalted by sacrifice.
So do i commit to follow Your will.

Hail Odin
Master of the Runes
Through Your Gift we glimpse the web of Wyrd
So do i seek the knowledge Your Staves reveal.

Hail Odin
Patron to the skalds
Bringer of the mead of inspiration
May my words be pleasing to Your ears.

Hail Odin
Master of Fury:
Primal and uncontained: dictated by necessity.
May i persevere, unrepressed, in adversity.

Hail Odin
Valföðr:
My Your Valkyries find me worthy
When the web of my life is cut.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
The Lord's prayer

Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.
Your Kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as in heaven
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins,
as we forgive those who sin against us.
Lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power and the glory are yours.
Now and for ever.
Amen

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Nehemiah's prayer against racial intermarriage:

Nehemiah chapter 13:23-31
23 In those days also saw I Jews that had married wives of Ashdod, of Ammon, and of Moab:
24 And their children spake half in the speech of Ashdod, and could not speak in the Jews' language, but according to the language of each people.
25 And I contended with them, and cursed them, and smote certain of them, and plucked off their hair, and made them swear by God, saying, Ye shall not give your daughters unto their sons, nor take their daughters unto your sons, or for yourselves.
26 Did not Solomon king of Israel sin by these things? yet among many nations was there no king like him, who was beloved of his God, and God made him king over all Israel: nevertheless even him did outlandish women cause to sin.
27 Shall we then hearken unto you to do all this great evil, to transgress against our God in marrying strange wives?
28 And one of the sons of Joiada, the son of Eliashib the high priest, was son in law to Sanballat the Horonite: therefore I chased him from me.
29 Remember them, O my God, because they have defiled the priesthood, and the covenant of the priesthood, and of the Levites.
30 Thus cleansed I them from all strangers, and appointed the wards of the priests and the Levites, every one in his business;
31 And for the wood offering, at times appointed, and for the firstfruits. Remember me, O my God, for good.
edit on 14-5-2011 by KJV1611 because: i can

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
The Lord's Prayer:

John Chapter 17:1-26

1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.
7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.
8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.
9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.
10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.
11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.
13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.
14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shallbelieve on me through their word;
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.
25 O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.
26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.
edit on 14-5-2011 by KJV1611 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
Nehemiah's prayer against racial intermarriage:

Nehemiah chapter 13:23-31
23 In those days also saw I Jews that had married wives of Ashdod, of Ammon, and of Moab:
24 And their children spake half in the speech of Ashdod, and could not speak in the Jews' language, but according to the language of each people.
25 And I contended with them, and cursed them, and smote certain of them, and plucked off their hair, and made them swear by God, saying, Ye shall not give your daughters unto their sons, nor take their daughters unto your sons, or for yourselves.
26 Did not Solomon king of Israel sin by these things? yet among many nations was there no king like him, who was beloved of his God, and God made him king over all Israel: nevertheless even him did outlandish women cause to sin.
27 Shall we then hearken unto you to do all this great evil, to transgress against our God in marrying strange wives?
28 And one of the sons of Joiada, the son of Eliashib the high priest, was son in law to Sanballat the Horonite: therefore I chased him from me.
29 Remember them, O my God, because they have defiled the priesthood, and the covenant of the priesthood, and of the Levites.
30 Thus cleansed I them from all strangers, and appointed the wards of the priests and the Levites, every one in his business;
31 And for the wood offering, at times appointed, and for the firstfruits. Remember me, O my God, for good.

Why are we praying for such hateful things? Is there not enough pain and misery in the world

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Moses's prayer that saved the Israelites from God slaughtering them all:

Exodus 32:7-14

7 And the LORD said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves:
8 They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them: they have made them a molten calf, and have worshipped it, and have sacrificed thereunto, and said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which have brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.
9 And the LORD said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people:
10 Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation.
11 And Moses besought the LORD his God, and said, LORD, why doth thy wrath wax hot against thy people, which thou hast brought forth out of the land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand?
12 Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people.
13 Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever.
14 And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
A publican's prayer for personally salvation and forgiveness for his sins:

Luke 18:10-14

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Elijah's prayer asking God to help him make a fool of other religions:

1 Kings 18:36-40

36 And it came to pass at the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near, and said, LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, let it be known this day that thou art God in Israel, and that I am thy servant, and that I have done all these things at thy word.
37 Hear me, O LORD, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the LORD God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again.
38 Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.
39 And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The LORD, he is the God; the LORD, he is the God.
40 And Elijah said unto them, Take the prophets of Baal; let not one of them escape. And they took them: and Elijah brought them down to the brook Kishon, and slew them there.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
David's prayer for forgiveness after committing adultery, murder, and multiple lies: (see, there is hope for you too!)

Psalms 51:1-19

1 Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. 11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.
15 O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
18 Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.
19 Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join