It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New FBI Documents Provide Details on Government's Surveillance Spyware

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Most mainstream hacker tools have the ability to collect this information. The security measures you take like your firewall and antivirus can help protect you from hackers but really if someone wants to break in badly enough, they can. What it looks like is this spyware can scan your ports, the contents of your browser cache, and your RAM. Not too sophisticated really, I'm sure they are able to probe deeper than that.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This is JUST what the FBI is making public. Can you imagine what other agencies have (like Homeland Security) or what they don't make public?
I know for a fact, these programs are going to be used to silence government critics instead of searching for illegal behavior.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Well the thing they have on my computer is the most interesting critter I have ran into in 20+ years of fixing infected computers.... I think my network traffic is re-routed, and if I were them, I would re-route it too.

Not sure why - they are turning our world into a prison - there must be a reason - I refuse to rest until,
I see a future worth living for my siblings... does that make me danergous....? No, Am I dangerous, No.
is the knowledge, I have collected - Yes, I consider that knowledge dangerous.... oh! Yea....
Oh~ what tangled webs we weave when we practice to decieve. and someone opened that can on Sept. 11, 2001. the day the American Dream Died.
and I dont expect any American to let up - until our children have a life worth living... thats what America is all about... dreams, most dont come true - but those who know The Secret.... and now it's wild totally viral...

edit on 1-5-2011 by ISRAELdid911 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Internet sales companies have been doing this for years with info from FB and other sites and when you sign in to anime fuel if you use megavideo it tells you that they have been logging you and cuts you off after 72 mins
I have told ats repeatedly that the NSA has info on the system and is sharing for years but have been ignored so when your computers start turning themselves on at three in the morning because you didn't power off (unplug it)
like mine has on several occasions the compuer is off but turns on then you'll know what I'm talking about but I shouldn't be posting here because some don't care if their computer is suddenly turned on and running
This does not happen by itself so now i unplug the power at night

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Curling1

if you really want some eye fulls - download a trojan port listner -- or tcp/ip traffic monitor... that should get your attention. also, these new kids on the block have absolutely no knowledge of DOS... and DOS Utilities.
edit on 1-5-2011 by ISRAELdid911 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
How many of YOU, ATS users have been infected with this "spyware"?

Inquiring minds want to know... Maybe all of the site staff and owners have been infected as well.

Come on boys, you know what you are looking for, but you don't know who has it... It would be logical for you to have used this tool in this case... Right?

Good luck.

What happens if a team of people (that develope this offline) has a custom os,custom browser,and custom programs(not that many) running on a custom puddy-ware(randomly rewired IC like fpgas,cellphone dsps etc) and a custom commandline limited functionality os.

What if they do thier attacks within 39 secs then poof offline and rescrampled the entire thing. Its very annoying trying to stop REAL hackers because they are very hard to "patch away".

I don't want my creative IP getting stolen by a paid hacker just to see my competitor reverse engineer it clone it and making money off of it.

This is coming from a person that had hackers screw up at least 2 of my favorite games due to cheating/exploits. I don't like hackers for that reason.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
This is JUST what the FBI is making public. Can you imagine what other agencies have (like Homeland Security) or what they don't make public?
I know for a fact, these programs are going to be used to silence government critics instead of searching for illegal behavior.

Like ring 0 rootkits that spy on you that are almost undetectable.

You could remotely spy on people with that crap at anytime. Even though your webcam.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ISRAELdid911

One of the main reasons for releasing the internet to gemeral public was to keep tabs on them.
So they are doing just that.
When you create an ats account, the reply comes back pronto with your ip add. Go figure

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

You shouldn't read the IPv6 spec then if that scares you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join