It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police punch women at local restaurant

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I really wish I knew the whole story here. But from what I can see in the video, the cop was the one to start getting physical first. Don't these people get taught submission techniques? Or is socking a woman in the face one of them? I honestly wouldn't doubt it. I've come along way over the years trying to be a less violent person after a lot of bad choices, but I worry if I were there that I would snap. This kind of stuff makes me see red.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DuceizBack

Exactly. And any one of those idiotic things could range from; being publicly intoxicated to simply the manager of the IHOP not wanting them there because they were only ordering water and were refusing to leave when told.

So you hit it right on the nail head with that.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Looks like the cop is grabbing and pulling at something next to the women, could be another person but hard to tell, she is trying to stop him grabbing whatever, or whoever it was. That is why her hand is on his arm.

The thing I notice about cops lately is they seem to not be able to handle a situation without getting angry, and taking it to an unnecessary level. Instead of taking the situation as it is they pre-empt any potential violence by being violent first.

Most people fight cops because the cops are fighting them. Someone puts you in a painful hold you are going to tense up, but the cops take that as fighting back, and the situation just escalates, and then it takes two cops to bring a woman down.

The woman was sitting at a table, I doubt there was any violence until the cops got there. Bravo to her for fighting back. I think cops in general are on a power trip and the slightest sign of disrespect for their 'authority' and you're gonna get hurt no matter what you did.

I can only think it's down to training, or the lack of it.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
that is rediculous

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
From the video I can see the cops are in a bad situation to begin with. The place is packed and they seem to be surrounding the cops to get a bettter look. That would get anybodies adreniline up.

The woman did get physical first. The fat cop was cuffing someone in the corner? The woman then put her hands on him, he pushes her harshley away, she punches him and he punched back.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu

I am not going to go into details about the unnecessary and brutal actions of the cops in this case. My record and posts in various other threads make my position clear.

It appears, though, as though the investigation is complete, and it was determined that the cop did NOT use excessive force.
There was something about "amount of force necessary" in this incident, and something about the cop possibly fearing for his safety.

“Officer J. Vidal’s use of force was reasonable and necessary given the totality of the circumstances that were present during the incident,” the internal affairs probe concluded.

However the report did state that Vidal violated the provisions of standard operating procedures concerning extra jobs by attempting to enforce the policies of a private enterprise through the use of his police power.

A muscled, trained, officer feeling threatened or that his safety was in jeopardy from this little girl?? YEAH, RIGHT.

Once again, this proves how corrupt our system is and the police state in which we are now living.

The point of this post, however, is to link to the news article and the documents.

This type of stuff makes me sick, and even sicker still that they (cops) continue to get away with this type of behavior and people continue to tolerate the exonerations .

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence
A muscled, trained, officer feeling threatened or that his safety was in jeopardy from this little girl?? YEAH, RIGHT.

Of the 48 LEO's killed in the US in 2009, 45 out of 48 were killed by firearms. The other 3 were killed by vehicles.

Seems that they would have died regardless of physical attributes of the assailants.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420

Originally posted by Liquesence

Of the 48 LEO's killed in the US in 2009, 45 out of 48 were killed by firearms. The other 3 were killed by vehicles.

Seems that they would have died regardless of physical attributes of the assailants.

Seems they would have died regardless, since everyone dies.

But since she was obviously neither armed nor was she driving an automobile inside a restaurant, your reply is moot.

And it has nothing to do with this incident. If the officer suspected her of being armed with a firearm, he would have acted much differently. It's called unnecessary and excessive force, because he could have dealt with the situation much differently than he did (being a trained professional), and she was clearly not a true threat to him. He reacted in a way inappropriate to the situation.

Being much larger than she, he could have easily restrained her without decking her. That's the point.

Of course, many cops like to give people the ol' "what for" when their authority is not immediately respected or their "commands" not immediately followed.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
wasnt this vid posted months ago?
yes i think that cops a loser.(diffuse the situation by punching a woman, uhm....?)
yes i think that woman is too(hitting a police officer in a crowded room, uhm...?)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Curling1

I sa it different to me it looked like he punched her first. She hit him back and he punched her again. I was surprised that she hit him back. I wish i knew why he was in the restaurant to begin with.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join