It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you explain religion to an alien?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
How would you explain religion to an alien?

Simple... the way mankind has been doing it for years..

Get on hands and knees and worship them

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I wouldn't explain it to them at all..

However, I would ask them to explain it to me. Perhaps they can enlighten us on TRUE religion, and then I would embrace their ways.

I grow tired of our EARTHLY ways.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Show them clips of the farting preacher and say that pretty much sums it up

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
ok, a honest response from me:

To: An'Tel, High Commander
Re: Aliens

An'Tel. The subject of religion is actually quite simple.
You have scientists and inventors. The concept is just that. A superior single scientist and inventor on a cosmic scale far beyond our technology one day decided to create, as a scientific experiment, our universe...this inventor may be from a different dimension, or may simply be in this dimension as a eternally existing sentient being.

Like any inventor, he made some test runs beforehand (angels, kingdom of heaven) and then finally got serious after beta testing and created what is now the complex universe we view today.

This is not a tested theory, but rather a very old hypothesis that conforms and contorts when new information is presented, but the hypothesis tends to remain even after soo long due to its untestible aspects overall. For this, we have entire movements on the planet that still agree with the hypothesis and make chambers of learning for the hypothesis (called churches, mosques, etc)...but there are mulitple hypothesis's on the subject, which means our scientists tend to clash in ideas as to what the most relevant hypothesis is.

This being said, it has become so hotly debated that people end up murdering one another over which hypothesis is the most valid. (we take our hypothesis's seriously)

There are also procedures preformed to try and further the hypothesis into the next phase (theory) however, it has yet to fully reach that point. So far, the only evidence presented for the hypothesis is various subjective claims that often times runs against the previously formed hypothesis...often creating even more splinters in the community.

I think that could explain it in a nutshell towards a scientifically driven mindset.

I stopped reading this thread after your post. I cant see any postings doing anymore justice in answering the exact question asked by the OP.
Star for you, SFX

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
They would say, " Gods....Angels....power......You mean us and our technology??"

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

You wouldn't have to ! They know the Bible forward and BACKWARDS.
edit on 29-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

What if I told you.... if there were aliens, they would already know what "religion" is, in my opinion they already have universal knowledge, which many humans don't, nor you since I remember the many debates we have had about God. So I am going to ask you to view my link with an open mind, please listen to all of it, it may just answer your question about aliens and their religion or beliefs or spirituality. When you go to the link and play the videos, it may be a couple before it actually talks about aliens and their beliefs in religion/God.

link...www.youtube.com...

HINT- press play all, this is my "George" playlist

Peace again,
Marriah

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Wouldn't need to explain it. Obviously religion was invented to keep the savages from killing each other, stealing from each other, etc... Now that folks are less religious, we need a lot more police now don't we? Humans will always need something to fear to hold them in check....

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
Wouldn't need to explain it. Obviously religion was invented to keep the savages from killing each other, stealing from each other, etc... Now that folks are less religious, we need a lot more police now don't we? Humans will always need something to fear to hold them in check....

What savages ?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

What savages ?

Humans of course. Haven't you ever watched the show, Cops?

edit on 29-4-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I'd say :

"Sorry if this is confusing, it's just the belief systems that the beings in this sphere use."

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouDeserveToKnow
I don't think i could explain, I'd be too embarrassed.

Good line dude. How would I explain the same impulse that makes some of us throw themselves on a grenade to save our brother's, or be tortured to death after we let Jews stay in our home because we who only heard negative thing's about Jews by our priest? "They came to my door and asked my help, I didn't ask their religion or their politics. But thinking I was a "Christian" did not hear the hate in the priests voice, but listened to the words the son of man spoke. "Help them now" "And I and my family in 1944 paid a dreadful price. And I would do it again. In my current incarnation". That of course is a "hypothetical theatrical play" but it is based on cold facts of truth. Between 1934 and 1945, many tried in the occupied countries of Europe those who had nothing to gain and only agony as their prize, to hide those because of they were "labeled" as Jews to keep them in the basement, or barn, or under the bed. That is the best we can ever hope to be. I would say to an alien, this is what the concept of religion should be, I grieve with loss it so often is not.

And yet others are those who bastardize religion. They are the ultimate perverts. Par excellence. Any one who uses religion as an excuse to hate, demean or, mock other's? You want to know what will really happen on December 21st', 2012? We are entering a period of greater natural disasters, that is a fact. At first I thought it was better and more communications world wide but no, there is more. There is true coming "Great Awakening", and who should I thank? Everyone who has anything to do with the technology of "most rapid" communications and most of all sites like this; social media. Social media is terribly intimate. In some ways it strips you naked, and after some time you hit your face and say; "Why did I reveal SO F****** MUCH!? What the f is wrong with me"! It gave all a slight glimpse into your heart. Good, bad, or poop, it does give us all the chance to show our true nature. And now know you all know why I freak out with the anti-Semitic crap I sometimes see on this site. But if you are "ant-Jew", be it known I am a New Testament man myself, so my view in that is "no sweat booby"

Do not lie to me, please extend the same courtesy to all who consider this site so prime... Doing so defiles it, and that offends me greatly. Anyone who does not like what I say, or offends you, or anything else, then target me and don't be shy... Let it rip honey.
edit on 29/4/11 by arbiture because: Need to be more specific , augment my post

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

What savages ?

Oh ! So savages are people who try to out run the police on mopeds ? Just check'in.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
(Yes, I love the hypothetical threads..good mental exercise).

So, you are given the opportunity to test out the first warp drive engine...it shoots you over to "that star over there...to the left"...ya, that one..well, you end up being tractor beamed by the Zorn empire...a alien race of course.

They discuss things about their culture and your culture. You let a word slip that they never heard about...."God"...or "religion".
They ask you to explain this concept (they are very scientific aliens, theology is unknown to them..lets say they are a race of nearly robotic type logic that has long ago tossed off even the most benign of superstitions when they were barely out of caves).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fd7f9b7dbfce.png[/atsimg]
How would you explain religion and god...and how your planet (Earth) deals with the very alien subject to them?

Given their totally different viewpoint, how would you then explain it to yourself? Could you abandon everything you held dear to dare examine and explore an unfamiliar mindset?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitoshura
I'd say :

"Sorry if this is confusing, it's just the belief systems that the beings in this sphere use."

Your point is very valid, and you may be right but if you may please provide greater "targeting" may help all. I need more, start with your idea of what is a definition of "a belief sphere" I am not in anyway making less of, or mocking what you have said. Please give me more, by your leave. You are close to ideas I came up with that equivicate aspects of "actions" in the world of 4d "physics" or our so called world Einstein defined. To gather a brief and not well written (thats MY FALT, and good God don't blame Albert for my own trouble's in the written word...) Check out my threads on "Quantum mechanics; et el" They include the words "Prototypical, and A Future by Design". Know me by my words, good, bad, dippy, stupid; or just my form of "free association". [edit by]edit on 29/4/11 by arbiter because: Past my bedtime, and wanted more from the party of post , anything you can me send me. But I encourage all those to let[/edit by] Why was part of my last post "censored"? Look guys, who did I offend or say that "out of bounds?" (OK, maybe some blabbering, when tired that happens so bite me.) Don't insult not just me but all those on your site. by "being censored in this case " it is insulting. Al I try to do is express myself, not just an explanation that you, ("The Mods" Hey guys your site I will abide by your rules, they are most reasonable but how can I better express myself here, help me out guys? You know who I am, call me.) Don't have my direct line you should I provided it before. No trouble, use my address on this web site you know me.
edit on 29/4/11 by arbiture because: Worries about being censored in my attempts to express myself. And explain why I my edit my posts.

edit on 29/4/11 by arbiture because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

What savages ?

Oh ! So savages are people who try to out run the police on mopeds ? Just check'in.

Rarely watched the show. Since it made me embarrassed for all of humanity. I hope no aliens ever "tune in" to that show.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Rarely watched the show. Since it made me embarrassed for all of humanity. I hope no aliens ever "tune in" to that show.

Hey I hope you know I meant to laugh with you and not at you partner. If you would have seen the episode I was talking about? I'm not kidding you would 've been on the floor lyao.
edit on 29-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I can not explain something to someone when I do not understand it my self.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evaux
Ah, nothing I like more than a good "lolol People with beliefs are stupid. lol" thread.
We don't get nearly enough of them on ATS.
Even in threads that have absolutely nothing to do with religion, every fifth post is "Lol thers no gawd!" - so this thread should make for an interesting read.

Keep religiously practicing that sarcastic atheism, kids!

So...you care to answer the OP's question at all?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
First I would require proof they are here legally,

Then I would require them to learn English so I could speak to them.

Thirdly most everybody on the planet has some kind of religion.

OH are you speaking of the fairy tale green men that do not exist?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join