It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you explain religion to an alien?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by Perfectenemy
I hope they kill every single person who tries to tell them about our stupid useless religions. The last thing we need is a religious war with another species.

Gonna agree with the rest here...thats not a great hope.

I am agnostic-athiest, but do have some beliefs that are not validated by science yet...would hate to be murdered over that.

What if one tenant of science is not correct yet we believe it...does that mean anyone whom discusses said science (say gravity) is discussing religion and therefore must be eliminated for corrupting knowledge?

Aliens may not understand religion, but they surely would understand errored scientific concepts...no reason to murder someone over an error in a hypothesis

Alright i should rephrase it a little. I hope they kill every person who radically tries to convince them about religions and forces them to believe in it. That´s clear enough?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
In effort to cease my hijack of this thread the last thing I would recommend is that you all take a a look at this article.
skeptoid.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
reply to post by SaturnFX

They are all insane and know very little truth... dont listen to a word they say about anything is how I would explain (religion) to an ET.

However, that is not really explaining anything beyond your opinion of religious people.

What if they took your word that it mattered not, then later on talked to someone else about religion...and come to find out, that religion was in fact dead on correct

"oh, yes, the superorganism..yes, we made contact with the being 40 years ago and discussed the process of universe creation through singularity and vibrational alterations..along with the "eden" project it initiated"

then suddenly said alien race would view not the religious as insane, but the ones telling them to ignore religious people as insane.

opinions matter not...they didn't ask for opinions, just what this stuff is to begin with.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I believe every intelligent species would go through a religious phase once they acquired language. So I don't think I would have to. They'd already understand. Hopefully they would have moved past the phase themselves. Otherwise the alien invasion would surely be more like a crusade. On both sides.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by redwine425

While I don't believe in Genocide. I have hypothetically thought that if every single religious person was killed at the same time that just maybe that would be less of a dent in the population, than if we continue to have all of these deaths in the name of religion over the next million years.

Although I wouldn't like that to happen, it is something i've pondered before

Imagine if its was all who didnt believe were turned into food................

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru
I believe every intelligent species would go through a religious phase once they acquired language. So I don't think I would have to. They'd already understand. Hopefully they would have moved past the phase themselves. Otherwise the alien invasion would surely be more like a crusade. On both sides.

I think that´s exactly what the church is going to do when we have the ability to travel to another planets. Send out crusaders and kill everything in sight who doesn´t convert to christianity. The pope said he would love to talk about the bible with a alien being. I hope they zap him afterwards.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Reply to All

We can't recommend the killing of the Religious ones.......... That makes us as bad as they are.
We should pity them like we pity a sick child.

I'm sure an advanced Alien would do the same.
edit on 29-4-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Punisher75

Well I believe in God too, but obviously my conception of what God is is a little different than the mythologies used for the people. Its no less powerful, sacred, and omnipotent, its just not anthropomorphized, and I do not forget that "God" is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living. (That you have to constantly be observing and changing to follow the flow of "Gods will." )

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
Reply to All

We can't recommend the killing of the Religious ones.......... That makes as bad as they are.
We should pity them like we pity a sick child.

I'm sure an advanced Alien would do the same.

How about the TPTB are they worth killing?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perfectenemy

Originally posted by sepermeru

I think that´s exactly what the church is going to do when we have the ability to travel to another planets. Send out crusaders and kill everything in sight who doesn´t convert to christianity. The pope said he would love to talk about the bible with a alien being. I hope they zap him afterwards.

Well said, apart from zapping the pope afterwards. Maybe a kick up the backside will suffice!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy

TPTB are the evil ones.................. are therefore will not be saved!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Perfectenemy

TPTB are the evil ones.................. are therefore will not be saved!

I so hope you are right but we don´t even know who or what TPTB are. It´s possible they aren´t human at all.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I guess, as we always did it. First we tell them that there's only one real God who created everything, including the Universe and alien life as well. Than we tell them about the miracles and that we should be nice to eachother and show mutual respect. Than gradually we teach them that our God is better and persuade them gently to join us.

If they have a different opinion, we convince them the hard way and probably start an interplanetary crusade.

Greetz,

Sander

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
My feelings are: That we would not have to explain about religion to a space alien race, because they would already know about religion themselves; save for the translation of "religion."

But I would say to the space aliens- That the United States expresses, freedom of religion, guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution which is the greatest and freest country on Earth.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

A contradiction my friend, as the US is one of the most corporate corrupt countries in the world too.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I'd make sure to bring my copy of Dogma. That should just about sum everything up lol.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
So, we had these strange beings fall from the sky with lots of light and sound, that looked like giants to us.

They had advanced technology that made us think they were Gods. They gave us farming, advanced building techniques, and several other skills that normal human development can't account for.

Our early ancestors were so enamoured with these visitors that they called them Gods, and the stories of the genetic manipulation of the Apes through the "missing link" through to humans got passed down "that the Gods created us".

Several bedtime stories from all parts of the ancient world were cobbled together into a big book after a massive argument, and these stories were called 'the word of God', despite the fact that they were only a collection of folk tales handed down through the ages.

Examples of these folk tales include (1) The Great flood (melting of polar ice caps after last ice age), (2) Noah's Ark (aliens taking genetic samples of life to preserve), (3) Visitations from Gods (alien sightings), as well as several other majorly misinterpreted meanings of stories over 12,000 years of history since the polar caps melted.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Erno86

A contradiction my friend, as the US is one of the most corporate corrupt countries in the world too.

"One of the most"? You're dreaming, my friend.

USA is #1. USA doesn't play second fiddle to anyone, especially when it comes to corruption and failure on a massive scale, and denial that it's going on.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

reply to post by Erno86

"One of the most"? You're dreaming, my friend.

USA is #1. USA doesn't play second fiddle to anyone, especially when it comes to corruption and failure on a massive scale, and denial that it's going on.

Oh, I think saudi arabia and various other middle eastern nations gives us a run for the money in regards to corruption.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I would look over to my extraterrestrial pal, and then proceed to ask him if he cares he to hear a joke

2nd

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join