It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you explain religion to an alien?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I would explain how one human could never answer that question.

That question has been explored by countless humans with no real answer just a bunch of beliefs that are as different and confusing as the people who have them.

But can you tell me what you teach your children?
That is the more important question.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Hey I hope you know I meant to laugh with you and not at you partner.

I know.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Well I dont have to worry bout it, because they are not real, just like barney.

But if I did have to, well I would say look at our incredible earth and the life it contains... Then I'd say "My God made that, and this is what I live for"

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38
First I would require proof they are here legally,

Then I would require them to learn English so I could speak to them.

Thirdly most everybody on the planet has some kind of religion.

OH are you speaking of the fairy tale green men that do not exist?

You suck at hypothetical threads.

Fail

Sorry, hard to even be remotely pleasent to someone whom didn't even read the first damn paragraph.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Aliens would probably ask us instead "why do you worship our early colonists as gods?"

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
We know of this god upon whom you speak! He sent to us his ONLY EGG to hatch and become the leader of our people! He gave us laws such as you can only consume ooze slime on the 27th rotation of the third moon! He also taught us that god does NOT want us to touch our 11th tentacle to our third induction orifice! Wait you have no 11th tentacle? Sorry God teaches us that you must be killed and consumed now. PEW PEW PEW! OM NOM NOM!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina

Originally posted by randyvs

Originally posted by elouina
Wouldn't need to explain it. Obviously religion was invented to keep the savages from killing each other, stealing from each other, etc... Now that folks are less religious, we need a lot more police now don't we? Humans will always need something to fear to hold them in check....

What savages ?

Humans of course. Haven't you ever watched the show, Cops?

edit on 29-4-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

Sir or Lady, I don't watch so call "reality shows" OK, thats a lie, I do "channel cruise" and from time to time like to see, as much as possible. Game shows amuse me but soap"s ? Never saw one. My very best friend from when I and he was 13 years old became a Cop. I was very worried not that he would not be cautious, he had "a good nose" for such things. But he was dreadfully unaware, and in the end wounded by his decency and innocence. Minnesota lost "The best of all possible Cops". A decent man, in the most important and oh, so rare, who had no prejudice (at least nothing I ever could pick up) attitude. He did confide in the person in my family who knows me best, and that person was told by my friend he became so disgusted but so much worse, by then he had married a lovely Lady, as a policeman, my good and decent buddy injured by seeing children treated so ghastly by there parents or whoever they ended up with. He said to my relative, "I could deal with the stupid drunks, the drug addicts and these infants or terrible two's the only problem, they are in mens and women's bodies, But I guess it was my job to handle this stuff" We need police men and women like this. And soldiers, and covert agents, and the people at the very highest of our (and the worlds) governments. You think?

I told him, my friend that "I think Cops have the worst job in the world" He gave me a look like I was slandering all Cops, and I said what was the truth then very long ago, as much as now, best as I could. The truth as I saw it? " ******, you have the most difficult job on Earth. You have seen humanity at it's worse. And I don't have the balls or courage, stomach, call it what you will to do what you and all police officers have to handle". Humans can be the true so called "animals". Animals are said not to know the ultimate sin, cruelty. Since some are capable of very complex concepts, well we "think" they are being complex, they can exploit weakness to such an extent it so exceeds need to "take down and take out my food". Very so called advanced animals, interestingly the ones we call "social animals" the more highly advanced who deal with others of their kind, some can be strangely cruel. I think it's part of what makes social animals social, it's a complex theory and I'm going to add to post on "Proto-prediction" by design, "Quantum Mechanics", etc, etc. And kitty? No. They are "hard wired" to track movement. Thats one of the reasons they are innately so successful in any environment. They don't "play" with little animals but they learn and are beautifully cautious.

My good friend was so wounded by his experience as a policeman, he left the force to be a school and city building caretaker, at a considerable loss of pay. He let his wife follow her profession first as a special education teacher 1hour, 45minutes from his south Minnesota home. He did this for at least 10 years while he was a Cop in the community of his birth and the one he knew so well. Wow. When I mentioned to him some thing like "thats quite a commute, he mumbled something like "not for my family" a Man who was obvious not encumbered by his "manhood" (I have NO IDEA what that primitive term manhood defines, but so you know if you don't by now my friend is as straight as they come, I know because I am gay and never would insult him at any time in my life by making a pass at him.) That would such a f****** insult, no pun intended.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I wouldn't bother as im sure when aliens were primitive they had their own religions/Gods and understand why we do(although sadly still have in the 21st century). It is the natural result of an intelligent and sentient animal like humans looking at the world around them, superstitious and fearful....religion and gods are undoubtedly going to be the first and worst attempt of any intelligent animal whether human or alien to explain what they do not understand.
edit on 30-4-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I would ask them if they have wars, and if they said yes, I would ask why. I would be baffled if the answer was not religion.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

I don't understand the connection to religion
and explaining it to an Alien.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Human beings like to praise that which they envy, and appease those whom they pity.
edit on 30-4-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I would say that organised religion is an effective way of keeping the masses brainwashed.

The I would say that I believe in the good, taught to us by someone, and I would ask if they knew who I meant.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I have to admit I absolutely LOVE the question posed in this thread. I mean really... what are you supposed to say? Oh there is an invisible man who lives in the sky. He knows everything, he sees everything, and he loves you. However if you do not believe in him, he will cast your soul into hell to be tortured for all of eternity.

Am I the only one who can actually hear the alien laughter?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
I have to admit I absolutely LOVE the question posed in this thread. I mean really... what are you supposed to say? Oh there is an invisible man who lives in the sky. He knows everything, he sees everything, and he loves you. However if you do not believe in him, he will cast your soul into hell to be tortured for all of eternity.

Wow *clap *clap *clap, well this is exactly what the OP wanted to hear, that is the point of this thread right OP, to mock, once again, peoples belief in God. So if I was the OP I guess I would slap a big fat "WINNER" here.
Congrats on your cliche view and answer to his question.
edit on 30-4-2011 by marriah3330 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by marriah3330

Originally posted by MrWendal

Wow *clap *clap *clap, well this is exactly what the OP wanted to hear, that is the point of this thread right OP, to mock, once again, peoples belief in God. So if I was the OP I guess I would slap a big fat "WINNER" here.
Congrats on your cliche view and answer to his question.

Scroll back and check out my link for a try
, tell me what you think the aliens would say then.
Peace,
Marriah

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I know im not answering the question asked

BUT

Have a read of this
www.pleiadians.net...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I think that maybe we should be aware of the Creator - some call Him God.

Otherwise, how are we here?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Abiogenesis. "God" is not required for life to form, sorry, science > magic.

If you're asking where does matter come from then let me ask you: why does everything have to have a start and an end? That is human thinking. There is such a thing as infinity....

edit on 30-4-2011 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

Can I ask you where it started?

If there was nothing, where did something come from - just asking, but it came from somewhere.

So, where did it come from?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
This is my "how"

"Hi, Hello there !"
"Well, you see, ..... life in general is so mysterious to us human, we have spent thousands of years to figure it out, but we still can not; some of us (majority) got lost in the process of figuring out life itself, so they've started to band together and imagine/assume there is a know-it-all figure out there in the universe to put on a pedestal to worship."

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join