It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation extremely increased, No.4 power plant .. S/C: 6100Sv/h,

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dalke07
In last 2 days, radiation extremely increased ..
4/29 _ 6100
4/28 _ 6550
4/27 _ 4250
4/26 _ 4250
4/25 _ 4250
4/24 _ 4250
4/23 _ 4250
4/22 _ 4200
4/21 _ 4200
4/20 _ 4300
4/19 _ 4350
4/18 _ 4450
4/17 _ 4250
4/16 _ 4400
4/15 _ 4900
4/14 _ 4850
4/13 _ 4850
4/12 _ 4750
4/11 _ 4900
4/10 _ 5000
4/09 _ 4900
4/08 _ 4950
4/07 _ 4950

These figures are measured at the pressure suppression chamber which you would expect to be a very dangerous place. Not detracting from the fact that these figures are rising and are indeed disturbing, outside of the building readings would be a fraction of these numbers.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Well,how about 580 microSv/h?
Check out this site.These guys are doing live tweets from there
with a map of all of Japan with geiger counter readings.

japan.failedrobot.com...
Watch the tweets for awhile and when there is english you can pick up stuff going on with #4.
Wish I could translate the Japanese.

Its from this group

community.pachube.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Wish I could translate the Japanese.

Its from this group

community.pachube.com...

You can!

translate.google.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

It usually gives me the option to translate,but I guess not for tweets.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

You can copy and paste text into most translator programs.

it might be wonky, but it will get the point across.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Thanks,but I got it to work when I click on the individual tweet.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Here is a map they have released of Fukushima radiation.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5905476c93a9.jpg[/atsimg]

Sorry,map is to large,all readings in micro S/h from 4/20 to 4/26

blogs-images.forbes.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
i could see the radiation going higher and the problem still getting better.

one way if for these reading to be IN the cooling pool of reactor 4.

First you need to know what radioactive isotope it is.
some are more water soluble then others
Caesium-137
Strontium-90
Iodine-135

Iodine is the most soluble and the water level in the pool will shield little of it.

A higher % of melted fuel will produce higher % of isotopes soluble in water.

The amount of water over the fuel causes a shielding effect.

If you have dissolved isotopes in the water some of them are on the surface and not being shielded.

The reactor can still be stable but the radioactivity can still be rising

Remember that if they put to much water in the reactor pool it overflows.

Too little water and it boils off exposing the fuel.

Its a balancing act to control the amount of cooling without overflowing radioactive water outside of the cooling pool.

As long as the radioactive material is trapped in the cooling water and in the fuel pool i am not that worried.

They can when they get robots in to clear away the damage pump and filter this water to remove the dissolved isotopes.

Its been done before at Three Mile Island.

The whole point now is to keep the fuel covered and cooling to buy time till they can get to the stage of cleanup and removing the fuel to a safe site.

With all the damaged reactors they are going to need to design and build a lot of robots to do the cleanup and that will take time.

edit on 30-4-2011 by ANNED because: bristwe

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper. --T.S. Eliot

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Do you think they will be able to carry out
this balancing act? What else could go
wrong that hasn't?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Never ever say those words...that's when the universe shows you!
2nd line wishes it had a bunker in the backyard.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
They put the handle on the outside of the microwave for a reason.

THERE AINT NO WAY OUT!

our nation in future is gonna be distorted and retarded. yes i said retard...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
!?!?!?!?

WTF?!?!

AHHH!!!!!

THE MATRIX HAS OUR BALLS!!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

edit on 30-4-2011 by curioustype because: Issues with failed link - will have to investigate and re-post

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
My thread on Leuren Moret the whistle blowing Scientist was a warning to us.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Japan Senior Nuclear Adviser Resigns On Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan
On Friday, April 29th, 2011, Toshiso Kosako, a Tokyo University Professor resigned his post as Senior Nuclear Adviser to the Japanese Prime Minister stating that the government had failed to heed his advice, and failed to follow the law. Professor Kosako was recently appointed within the last 30 days, and was upset that the Japanese Government had raised the exposure limit for children to 20mSv/year despite the objections he had raised. He openly accused SPEEDI of not openly publishing information about the threat to the children of Japan outside of the restricted area.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
The Fires in Mexico - wondering about that one that was a whirl of fire.

Well Read This: This is SERIOUS!

From CNN:
"The state of Texas is under siege," Saginor said. "Wildfire is dangerous and it's threatening homes, lives and property on a daily basis. We caution residents to take this threat seriously and heed the call of their local authorities when told to evacuate."

The tinder-dry landscape has provided no shortage of fuel: On Wednesday, emergency personnel responded to four new fires across more than 1,000 acres, according to the Texas Forest Service. On Tuesday, they responded to 10 new fires, totaling more than 2,000 acres.

The issue being overlooked is the presence of radiation in the burned areas. Radioactive particles cling to the ash being generated by the fires and swept across the state, bringing the radiation from the atmosphere down to the ground. This radiation contaminates the soil and the things that the soil produces. The radioactive particles in the soil send out invisible Gamma Radioactive rays, like an invisible fire. Each and every one of those tiny particles is radioactive, but in a slightly different way. You can think of the lighter elements, like Iodine, as if they are the mellow yellow coals, barely
hot and turning to ash quickly. The heavier elements, like Plutonium, are immensely hot and throwing sparks, they are the white hot burning coals. The more radioactive ash that is spread emits stronger and more concentrated Gamma rays.
Once the soil has been contaminated it can take months or years for it to be safe for production.

lucaswhitefieldhixson.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Ash spreads to neighboring states
Reported by CNN

"We're actually seeing Texas burn from border to border. We've got it in west Texas, in east Texas, in north Texas, in south Texas -- it's all over the state," Forest Service spokeswoman April Saginor told CNN Radio. "We've got one in the Dallas area that's four fires that have actually merged together."
As the ash spreads towards the borders of Texas, surrounding areas must brace for the impact. Local recordings must be taken and reported to ensure the safety of the population.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
OP - how did you find this page?

I can't seem to navigate to it from their main page here: atmc.jp... No hotlinks on the site (that I can see) lead to that page.

Considering there is no fuel in reactor 4 (and hasn't been for several months now) those readings in the Suppression Chamber would seem to be impossible.

My guess is that you changed the URL from plant/rad/?n=1 to plant/rad/?n=4 - and that's taken you to a page with a glitch of some kind.

Well, I'm afraid that I have read in several places that there IS fresh fuel IN THE STORAGE POOL at R4 (NOT IN IT's CORE AS IT WAS REMOVED FOR SERVICING, e.g.:

NUCLEAR REGULATORY COMMISSION
Title: Advisory Committee on Reactor Safeguards
Excerpt RE: Fukushima Daiichi
Nuclear Power Plant 582nd MEETING 4
ADVISORY COMMITTEE ON REACTOR SAFEGUARDS 5
(ACRS) 6
OPEN SESSIONThursday, April 7, 2011:

Transcript of 582nd ACRS meeting regarding Fukushima...source Googledocs and www.nealgross.com

Page 36/Line5:

Now, Unit 4 was the exception. There was a 105-day-old full core offload, and of course Unit 4 is where the problem was.

MR. RULAND: Just to kind of put this in perspective, the spent fuel pools -- we don't know what the condition of the spent fuel pools were after the seismic event.
MEMBER REMPE: I'm talking about just
MR. RULAND: We don't know
MEMBER REMPE: -- structure, John.
MR. RULAND: We don't know structurally what their condition was. We don't know how much water was in the spent fuel pools after the seismic event. And we don't know how much water was in after the explosion. So there is lots of uncertainty to -- you know, trying to -- you know, truly it is a rough estimate. Anything that we could have done was a rough estimate about time to boil.CHAIRMAN ABDEL-KHALIK: But in terms of geometry, there were indications that there is a shallow part of the pool. And if that is the case, was the full core offload for Unit 4 placed in the shallow part of the pool?

or this on slide/Page no. 32 of "The Fukushima Daiichi Incident – Dr. Matthias Braun - 7 April 2011 © AREVA 2011" powerpoint (ppt file) sorry I haven't the link handy - I'm sure google would oblige:

The Fukushima Daiichi Incident
4. Spend fuel pools
Spend fuel stored in Pool on
Reactor service floor
 Due to maintenance in Unit 4 entire
core stored in Fuel pool
 Dry-out of the pools
· Unit 4: in 10 days
· Unit 1-3,5,6 in few weeks
 Leakage of the pools due to
Earthquake?
Consequences
 Core melt „on fresh air “
 Nearly no retention of fission
products
 Large release
It is currently unclear if release
from fuel pool already happened

I'm afraid I have run out of time but look, if you really want to understand about unit 4, you need to look up how many spent fuel rod assemblies were in there (several hundred in R4 SFP - the largest of all the in-reactor building SFPs and except the several thousand in the main SFP building next to the reactor buildings), it's all been covered in the main thread www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-4-2011 by curioustype because: removed numbers from ext text transcript (lines on page numbers) as they may confuse those who haven't seen the original document)

edit on 30-4-2011 by curioustype because: added reference including source link

edit on 30-4-2011 by curioustype because: Added proper link to source

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
Its a balancing act to control the amount of cooling without overflowing radioactive water outside of the cooling pool.

As long as the radioactive material is trapped in the cooling water and in the fuel pool i am not that worried.

The whole point now is to keep the fuel covered and cooling to buy time till they can get to the stage of cleanup and removing the fuel to a safe site.

With all the damaged reactors they are going to need to design and build a lot of robots to do the cleanup and that will take time.

Now that is a concern of mine, especially as in the main thread it has been established that the water levels have been decreasing and calculations suggest that TEPCO are not in control of that. Also TEPCO have made it clear in brirefings and documents that a "concern" of theirs is that the structure of the pool needs "shoring up" from below...it seems to me the structure/leaks may be getting worse, and it also seems to me, that if you take these indications of VERY high radiation, and flooding, and debris/lost access to the structure below, all badly damaged by explosions and tsunami and 9.0 quake, we could yet see either another drain/burn then collapse, or collapse then drain/burn, and that's if much is left to burn.

I wonder a little whether the fresh sandbagging at the sea-wall may be to catch such floods/failures from R1-4 and just how much it could do to stop further tsunamis, as they have indicated it was for?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join