It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation extremely increased, No.4 power plant .. S/C: 6100Sv/h,

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
2011年03月15日(火)~2011年04月29日(金)
最新の値: D/W: _Sv/h 、S/C: 6100Sv/h
NO.4 Power plant ..

atmc.jp...

edit on 29-4-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
In last 2 days, radiation extremely increased ..
4/29 _ 6100
4/28 _ 6550
4/27 _ 4250
4/26 _ 4250
4/25 _ 4250
4/24 _ 4250
4/23 _ 4250
4/22 _ 4200
4/21 _ 4200
4/20 _ 4300
4/19 _ 4350
4/18 _ 4450
4/17 _ 4250
4/16 _ 4400
4/15 _ 4900
4/14 _ 4850
4/13 _ 4850
4/12 _ 4750
4/11 _ 4900
4/10 _ 5000
4/09 _ 4900
4/08 _ 4950
4/07 _ 4950

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
So now the number 4 reactor's containment is failing?
This is so bad.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Remember that 10 Sv/h will kill you for sure. Between 6-10 Sv you are most likely to die...

Let's see here...

At 6100 Sv/h

To get 6 Sv : 3.5 seconds of exposure
To get 10 Sv : 5.9 seconds of exposure.

At 6550 Sv/h

To get 6 Sv : 3.29 seconds of exposure.
To get 10 Sv : 5.49 seconds of exposure.

So... yeah.

Don't worry, according to MSM, radiation is good for you! And at those levels, it's SUPER DUPER GOOD!
edit on 29-4-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
It's getting alot worse before it gets any better...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by RenegadeScholar

i personaly dont think we will be around to see it get better.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Solsthime331

Second star I gave you today, I totally agree.

Thank god we have the war in Libya, a royal wedding, the Obama-Trump debacle, revolution in Syria and a failing world economy to keep us busy, busy, busy while this has been allowed to develop in Japan.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by OleMB

Thank god we have the war in Libya, a royal wedding, the Obama-Trump debacle, revolution in Syria and a failing world economy to keep us busy, busy, busy while this has been allowed to develop in Japan.

I want to high five you right now. Star my man, STAR!!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by OleMB

i totaly agree, most of us have so much going on atm that we arnt focousing on the Issues we just want to be happy RIGHT NOW but this wont end without the unhappy fixes we have to go through well keep cycling to Horrid events being ignored for small ones that make you happy for the time being

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I don't understood..
Way don't have any info of this news..
Maybe link or instrument are not in function for No 4, lo00l ??

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I had this discussion on the mega thread. I do not think these numbers are possible unless they are taking readings out of an explosion. We would see something that was as bright as the sun is these numbers were right.

The core from chernobyl was exposed and they only got readings of about 300 Sv/h, and that core was fissioning. I do not see how a fissioning core can be at 300 and others can go as high as 6000.

Chernobyl also had spent fuel pools, although not as much as Fukushima, but even then they are spent for a reason. There is barely any fissionable uranium left, making a reaction like a nuclear bomb damn near impossible to happen.

I just these numbers hard to believe with previous data.

Pred...

ETA: we would also see much higher numbers around the plants. There would be no one that could get anywhere close to these plants, as it would be instant death. You cannot hide numbers like these.

I think it is nothing but a mistake and it should read mSv/h.
edit on 29-4-2011 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

It's milli, so 6000 is 6, which according to your post is still fatal.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The obvious needs to be belaboured before it sinks in.
From the very first blast we have been looking at a world polluting event.
It will spread, and contaminate for virtually centuries.
The lowest levels of radiation will be building up over time,and the longer lasting stuff will be here for an eon or two.
Who knows what many mutations and deformites will take place, much less whos gonna get zapped.?
There is NO stopping this slow motion train wreck for humanity.
The AUTHORITIES WILL CONTINUE TO LIE TO YOU ........THE DANGER IS GRAVE INDEED, IT JUST WONT HAPPEN OVER NIGHT..
THIS MASS STUIPIDITY NO LONGER EVEN ANGERS ME.....ITS TOO BEYOND DUMB.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
I had this discussion on the mega thread. I do not think these numbers are possible unless they are taking readings out of an explosion. We would see something that was as bright as the sun is these numbers were right.

The core from chernobyl was exposed and they only got readings of about 300 Sv/h, and that core was fissioning. I do not see how a fissioning core can be at 300 and others can go as high as 6000.

Chernobyl also had spent fuel pools, although not as much as Fukushima, but even then they are spent for a reason. There is barely any fissionable uranium left, making a reaction like a nuclear bomb damn near impossible to happen.

I just these numbers hard to believe with previous data.

Pred...

ETA: we would also see much higher numbers around the plants. There would be no one that could get anywhere close to these plants, as it would be instant death. You cannot hide numbers like these.

I think it is nothing but a mistake and it should read mSv/h.
edit on 29-4-2011 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

Hi there, I read your critique on this in the main thread, and do not discount your hypothesis entirely, but have a couple of queries about your argument:

1. There was/is a very high number of spent fuel rod assemblies in the R4 Spent Fuel Rod Pool, several hundred.

2. I have read official reports (I don't have time to search for them but I'm sure they're out there) that say that two (I think) new or nearly new fuel rod assemblies were also in that pool at the time of the accident. Had they gone critical, AND triggered other assemblies...could that be part of it?

3. I wondered (now you've got to remember I am not a nuke scientist) whether the exact chain of events, timings, and environmental differences between SFP/R4 and Chernobyl may also have enabled the accumulation of VERY high levels of radiation to have been trapped in that environment AND be increasing as it enters another cycle of deterioration (water level again dropping, speculation on main thread that water loss is via leak rather than steam due to estimates of flow rates)?

Personally, I'm not yet ready to right off the decimal point placement, after all, why was that data page so well hidden from view yet comparable data on the other priority units were in easily accessible and well linked pages? As I recall this data page was only found by manually adjusting a value in the URL by a fellow ATSer?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by naycalvert

If you go and find the links to the page where this data came from (you could also find it via the main thread "Japan Declares Nuclear Emergency" I think), and look at the accompanying data on the other critical units, they were, as I recall, reading hundreds of sieverts, not millisieverts...R4/SFP has been through extreme trauma, explosions, overheating and sustained coolant loss just like the others, but has certain factors that differentiate it from those other units, including far higher numbers of spent fuel assemblies, and a couple of new/in use assemblies in it too...which would suggest to me you'd likely see a similar few hundred sieverts like the other hot units of prime concern....so I'm not sure whether I'm convinced it's millisieverts.

Also, as I say, if it was JUST a typo, why was this page made so much more difficult to find, and if it is an error, I'd be more inclined it would end up 600 sieverts than 6,000 millisieverts..?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Comparing with values for the other reactors which are under 100 and reflect this in their graphs, the graph for #4 is maxed out at 100 and the same values are used for each graph.These numbers would indicate active fission going on uncontained in the fuel pile.And it does not seem unlikely this could occur.
seed

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Hi Vitchillo, I noticed something in your numbers,

I noted that today, on Youtube, a video appeared alledgedly showing a camera being dipped into and out of the R4 SFP, and it lasts for.....7 secs.....

Maybe it's not actually of that pool, for how are we to know, they do have others to film, but if it is, could that have been a run-in, run-out job by one of the few workers there issued with a proper lead-lined type safety suit?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WillNiendick

Originally posted by OleMB

I want to high five you right now. Star my man, STAR!!

me too!
one up high and one down on the low, because us ATS ers have to stay in the know!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
OP - how did you find this page?

I can't seem to navigate to it from their main page here: atmc.jp... No hotlinks on the site (that I can see) lead to that page.

Considering there is no fuel in reactor 4 (and hasn't been for several months now) those readings in the Suppression Chamber would seem to be impossible.

My guess is that you changed the URL from plant/rad/?n=1 to plant/rad/?n=4 - and that's taken you to a page with a glitch of some kind.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Also wasn't chernobyl only a 3% meltdown?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join