It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation extremely increased, No.4 power plant .. S/C: 6100Sv/h,

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Key words: "released" and "external readings" perhaps??

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

Considering there is no fuel in reactor 4 (and hasn't been for several months now) those readings in the Suppression Chamber would seem to be impossible.

Have you read this excellent post by Silverlok on the main thread:

Originally posted by Silverlok

"Now those video/picture of the pool at four seem oddly free of debris and almost insanely disorganized , but let's assume that Tepco ( who would never ever betray our trust and could never hurt us , just like the Sta-puff marshmellow man ) is not just FLAT-OUT LYING, like their last failure at the pool , and that this really is #4, what does it prove? that a small isolated section seems to still have some water ...we knew that , but since they were kind enough to give us some numbers , the pool should have 291,600 (u.s.) gallons of water in it , and (if I converted it right ) they claimed to be adding 119,000 gallons of water a day , so....

Either it's being converted to steam ( four does not seem capable of sustaining this heat ) or it's leaking, or they are lying .

If it's leaking where is it going , that is an awful lot of water ... frankly I think that water is being lost but not at the rate Tepco says , I believe the number of gallons a day that Tepco claims to be using is based on the normal evap + actual leak amount that would be happening if all the heat from all the intact rods were still in the pool .

so...it's an estimate that is designed to make it seem as if there are no missing rods , clearly somewhere Between 1/2 and 2/3 of the waste rods have been lost and given that no pumping was going on in the video and the remaining rods seem to be under some water it's a safe bet that Tepco is not pumping anywhere near what they claim and are in fact only adding back water lost due to evap , and leakage for say 1/3 of the rods , given the rods 35c-85c 'safe' temperatures we might be able to estimate about less than a few thousand gallons a day if that

the implication here is that they are intentionally boiling those containments out of #4's pool at the highest safe temperature they can because they cannot keep dealing with the radioactive waste water accumulating in the basement of #4 from the run-off.

Another though occurs to me and that is they are telling the truth and all that water is still getting into the ocean somehow, so Greenpeace could help them by coming and checking it out..wait what do you mean 12 miles...

also we still lack a good clear photo of the fubarium falls region , and the possible as yet unnamed poolium deposit on the east south east side of #4 (you know those areas conspicuously missed by the drone camera of the ever so expensive and crappy quality.)
edit on 30-4-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Basement/suppression chamber - same location - no?
edit on 30-4-2011 by curioustype because: added link to page of post by Silverlok

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by curioustype

Again, just to clarify, reports suggest there was a mixture of spent and in-use fuel assemblies in R4 SFP:

Fuel Ponds: background

At the time of the accident, in addition to a large number of used fuel assemblies, unit 4's pond also held a full core load of 548 fuel assemblies while the reactor was undergoing maintenance, these having been removed at the end of November.

World Nuclear Organization: Fukushima Accident

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Link don't work any more..aaaaaaaaaaaa
I use this link all time but no00 more, bi.... close info for No.4 ..

I'm very concerned for this, now we are blind ..

Any other link for No.4 ??
edit on 30-4-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

Dalke, yes, I confirm, I have tried everything I could think of to find it, or a cached copy, but THAT SPECIFIC PAGE FOR R4 RAD INFO HAS GONE ALTHOUGH THE PAGES FOR ALL OTHER Rs1,2,3,5&6 REMAIN... why could that be?

Ayway, although the page visible misses some of the increased and higher values you alerted us to appearing in that data stream in the past few days, there is a visible copy of the actual page showing similarly high (c. 4k sieverts) that was posted in the main thread courtesy of Zorgon's post here:

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake, page 787

IT WAS NOT A DREAM!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mustard seed

My suspicions are now confirmed as to low level active fission taking place driving the extreme radiation levels in #4.
dcoda.amplify.com...

Given that despite the reactor being "down for service" the fuel was being stored in the roof top containment ponds.
One can easily see there are no longer any 'ponds' in the rubble of #4 and that what ever fuel was not blown into the air by the explosion is likely in a pile down in the wreckage.Since this is the more dangerous MOX fuel and there were fresh rods stored during the change in the ponds above the reactor. We are really seeing the worst case scenario of a nuclear disaster. Open uncontrolled fission, explosions of spent fuel areas scattering not just radiation but active and highly toxic particles. and active denial by the regulatory agents.
Make no mistake this dwarfs Chernobyl many fold and the next decades will show us the utter folly of piling up uranium to boils water.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
It was originally reported that #4 contained both spent and new fuel, as #4 was down for maintenance and that is where they stored its fuel.

I didn't know #4 was MOX though - they made it sound like it was just Uranium.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by OleMB

You said, what I've been thinking all along. Star to you. and I'd give you more if i could, for the, they live, piper avatar!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I google translated that site
atmc.jp

and there is note for Reactor 4

No. 4 in the absence of inspections stopped reactor fuel assemblies for, are excluded from the list.

Not sure but that probably means they are not providing us with readings from No.4 because lack of measurements.
Which is very suspicious especially few days after rise of the radiation.

edit on 1-5-2011 by Zmurfix because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
And yet the news for the last 12 hours has been the exclusive story of an imaginary corpse dumped at sea... the story of a man who's been dead since late 2001 according to the assassinated Pakistani PM. We need to get our collective eyes back on the ball before it's too late.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
enenews.com... deo
vimeo.com...

edit on 2-5-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Video of reactor No.4 ..
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

edit on 3-5-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Nuclear collapse looms? Fukushima No. 4 reactor 'leaning'

May 10, 2011

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Depopulation...is what they want and is what they are going to get.

Another article I came a I came across a few days ago www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
i found some interesting stuff on this site search.japantimes.co.jp...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Any news for No.4 online readings ??

This is last readings for Fukushima Daiichi ..

2011-05-24 11:49:19.

325.000 uSv/h = 325 Sv

Peace ..

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dalke07
Any news for No.4 online readings ??

This is last readings for Fukushima Daiichi ..

2011-05-24 11:49:19.

325.000 uSv/h = 325 Sv

Peace ..

no it doesn't.

uSv/h is Micro Sv/h not mili Sv/h

325.000 uSv/h = 0.325 Sv/h
edit on 24-5-2011 by SirCoxone because: bad spelling

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SirCoxone

Outside of America "." takes the place of "," in math. I'm prusuming that's the case, because they have no reason to report 3 decimil places when it's already 1/1000 of a Sv.

And in that case, he was right.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Konah

Outside of America "." takes the place of "," in math. I'm prusuming that's the case, because they have no reason to report 3 decimil places when it's already 1/1000 of a Sv.

And in that case, he was right.

No, as I stated the u refers to Micro sieverts, he is measuring in mili sieverts.

A micro Sievert is 1,000,000th of an S/v

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Oh, sry my mistake thanks you for correct my ..

Millisievert (1 mSv = 0.001 Sv)
microsievert (1 μSv = 0.000001 Sv)

I only want to inform, here is links for radiations news ..

japan.failedrobot.com...

community.pachube.com...

Is 383.000 uSv/h = 0.383 Sv7h x 24 h = 9.192 Sv/day

Symptoms of acute radiation (dose received within one day):[4]

0 – 0.25 Sv (0 – 250 mSv): None
0.25 – 1 Sv (250 – 1000 mSv): Some people feel nausea and loss of appetite; bone marrow, lymph nodes, spleen damaged.
1 – 3 Sv (1000 – 3000 mSv): Mild to severe nausea, loss of appetite, infection; more severe bone marrow, lymph node, spleen damage; recovery probable, not assured.
3 – 6 Sv (3000 – 6000 mSv): Severe nausea, loss of appetite; hemorrhaging, infection, diarrhea, peeling of skin, sterility; death if untreated.
6 – 10 Sv (6000 – 10000 mSv): Above symptoms plus central nervous system impairment; death expected.
Above 10 Sv (10000 mSv): Incapacitation and death.
Source

edit on 24-5-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV
extra DIV
extra DIV
extra DIV

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join