It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got my letter for the Selective Service today. What should i do?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

But i was 16 when i got my permit. I thought you had to be 18?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Dont trust the thing, dont regioster, forget a government Job in the future, make yourself independent of grant money from the government, even if you have to set back your standard of living, join others who got the same letter, resist and wipe your behind with the the letter! Thats my advise. Tell them, you are not prepared to do slave labor for ANYONE !

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by maestromason

Our philosophy was always to stay as low as possible.
You know nothing, you hear nothing, you see nothing, you do as little as possible.

One day every cookie crumbles.
The really top guys shake hands with the "enemy" and make their secret deals.
They decide who goes down - and it's usually some guy in the middle.

One good thing about conscription - it sure justifies the "we only did as we were told" reasoning.

But you see, history never stops, and some make it their life's work to expose the officers and chain of command.
So maybe they can live in society, but they are never free.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
reply to post by OrphenFire

But i was 16 when i got my permit. I thought you had to be 18?

very interesting! I see the way they are doing things now are very different from my days many moons ago!
They are high-jacking the youth now! Straight from their privilege to drive an automobile before you guys are even legal eagle!

Quite interesting!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Don't register. It's just a waste of time, really. They register you automatically if you don't do it yourself. Unless you get lucky of course, and they miss you. There are too many people who have failed to register (such as myself) to prosecute them all.

I didn't register, and they just sent me my card in the mail. I think I destroyed it. I don't remember, but anyway I don't have it anymore.

If I'm drafted into any war, I'm disappearing. No way in hell I'm getting involved in that mess. I'd give them a chase back home first.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Well, I see in your future either a battlefield or a Federal prison. You, OP and the "like-minded" are DEFINITELY heading EAST when TSHTF!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab
wow Im sorry but this thread makes me sick, Zoloft is your crutch op??, you really don't need it, well what about the brave soldiers, marines, all the branches in the military, my brothers, my husband who did their selective service, and served in the service, AWW you don't want to go you poor little baby but you want help for school?, wow WOW, Grow some balls and do what men do, if not for yourself for your country, and fellow brothers who are in.

Ugh What is happening to Men these days, are there any???
edit on 29-4-2011 by hapablab because: Yeah no reason

Star from me.

This is what we have going on:

cdn-www.i-am-bored.com...

It's pathetic.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
reply to post by scghst1

True. The good thing is that i really don't need the Zoloft. It's a crutch, i can function without it but it's easier with it. But if it gets me out of a draft, should be a good thing.

I had to read that 3 times.

You don't need Zoloft but you keep taking it ?

Why the need to play with your life like this ? ?

Just sign up, hell everyone has to. You can always go AWOL if they call your number...

Hey, at least you don't live in a country that requires military service from all citizens...like Israel.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
OP- Everyone has to register for the selective service. I have been registered since 1993.
There won't be another draft as long as people who remember Vietnam are still alive.
There won't be another draft unless WW3 happens and even then it's going to be a hard sell.

Don't worry.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Star from me.

This is what we have going on:

cdn-www.i-am-bored.com...

It's pathetic.

So you are saying it is better to have men who are killing each other than it is to have men who are loving each other??

Okey dokey... We will have plenty of that soon enough!

I'll go for neither extreme myself, neither killing my fellow man, nor taking it to the extreme of loving them over women.

My oh my are we a confused species.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
A draft is beyond unlikely anymore... They have a waiting list 6 months long because they are so backed up with people trying to get it. Register, it is the law.... No sense in going to jail and no sense in worrying about the draft coming back.... It wont.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Wow, I see why they are forcing you guys to register. There will be a rather large war soon, and you guys will have a visit from the Military Police getting dragged from the house one way or another! Is this what America has been reduced to? Dragging "soldiers" onto the the battlefield by force? We are SERIOUSLY f%$#'d up!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by js331975
OP- Everyone has to register for the selective service. I have been registered since 1993.
There won't be another draft as long as people who remember Vietnam are still alive.
There won't be another draft unless WW3 happens and even then it's going to be a hard sell.

Don't worry.

Same here, registered since 1990. There's likely not going to be anymore drafts as people are fighting thier way to get into the Armed forces for College funding and what have you.

I'd fill it out. You get a neat little card too (you can carry in your wallet;at least I did), that can be used in a pinch for ID purposes.

Like I said Registered since '90 and never heard a word from the military.I remeber being worried as well when I got mine, but as I said, 20 years later, never heard a word from the military, although at thip point I'm inelligable(sp?) to join the military. So yea from my experience you have nothing to worry about.

My advice would be to just fill it out. By trying to say you never got it, or some other "story", that could (though unlikely) get you in trouble over nothing.

GL to you.OP

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Perhaps the irony is that large swathes of male cultures in many many countries are bound by class and gang issues.
Prohibition has a lot to with this.

They are probably already so violent by the time they could be drafted that the military would first have to attempt to pacify them.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

Didn't you read his post? They already have registered him for Selective Services. They register them now regardless of their signature. Slick Sammy worked it into the laws somehow. Bravo I say! Force register EVERY abled body male of 18 for it, and when they do reinstate the draft....

COME AND GET'EM!

edit on 29-4-2011 by maestromason because: *correction

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

You don't have a license yet?

You can't still have just a permit...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

No. And that is not the point that image is trying to illustrate either.

Men have become a bunch of whiny, do nothing, useless pansies who know more about make up and fashion than they do about how to change the oil in a car. They simultaneously decry any real man who stands up for himself and is independent and strong while requiring their protection when things get rough.

We live in a society where a man being a man is looked down upon while a man in nut squeezing tight purple pants is looked upon as a symbol of what society should rather be.

It's pathetic.
edit on 29-4-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by maestromason
Wow, I see why they are forcing you guys to register. There will be a rather large war soon, and you guys will have a visit from the Military Police getting dragged from the house one way or another! Is this what America has been reduced to? Dragging "soldiers" onto the the battlefield by force? We are SERIOUSLY f%$#'d up!

Assuming that's what will go down, wouldn't it be easier to just burn a few well-placed nukes and end the war, ya know, like WW2?

Oh yeah, that's not the purpose of war any more, is it?

Used to be war was like a forest fire. It started, but you attempt to overcome it before it burns your house down.

Now it's more like a campfire. You need to keep it stoked so it burns bigger and longer. Too many companies making too much money making firewood...

edit on 29-4-2011 by AwakeinNM because: added awesome campfire analogy

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Mine got lost in the paper shredder, I mean mail. Happened to all my jury duty summons as well....
I was a working man, working 6 days a week, 8-12 hours a day when I got any jury duty letters. I didn't have time for that crap, I sure wasn't going to miss a mortgage payment for it. If they would have come on a slump time, I would have went, and hoped to have a drug case so I could hang the jury, or even get a jury nullification going.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
No. And that is not the point that image is trying to illustrate either.

Men have become a bunch of whiny, do nothing, useless pansies who know more about make up and fashion than they do about how to change the oil in a car. They simultaneously decry any real man who stands up for himself and is independent and strong while requiring their protection when things get rough.

We live in a society where a man being a man is looked down upon while a man in nut squeezing tight purple pants is looked upon as a symbol of what society should rather be.

It's pathetic.

What is interesting about the photo is that the Man in the middle is missing. It shows only two extremes to get you to glorify one OR the other as if the middle path is non-existent.

That is what is pathetic.

With Love,

Your Brother

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join