Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Got my letter for the Selective Service today. What should i do?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

The "middle" path stands for nothing and falls for everything.

The middle path teaches one that there is nothing worth fighting for. That all philosophy is equal, that all ideology is equal.

The ones "in the middle" tend to be the worst kinds of sheep.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
GUYS! OP here, apparently i misread the letter. I'm already registered. I have no idea how i am, because i don't remember signing anything, but i'm registered.

Here's a scanned pic of the document:

edit on 29-4-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

Well I guess you have learned a valuable lesson... Always, I mean always read what you are signing before you sign it. Welcome to adulthood!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Dude the civil backlash from a scenario where the government reinstates the draft prevents them from reinstating the draft, instead they're spending hand over foot to attract new mercenaries. If things get bad enough for them to forcibly conscript soldiers, it wont matter at all at all at all weather or not you signed a piece of paper.

Originally posted by mossme89 GUYS! OP here, apparently i misread the letter. I'm already registered. I have no idea how i am, because i don't remember signing anything, but i'm registered.

haha oh, did you register to vote, did you get a drivers licence, did you attend public school?

www.brennancenter.org...
edit on 29-4-2011 by Funshinez because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

The world is not black and white, there are many shades of grey in between. Like me, I would have gladly joined up, if there was someone actually threatening invasion, defending the US. I don't consider fighting other people's wars, like vietnam, iraq and lybia fighting for our country. I would not join up on that kind of war.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
The "middle" path stands for nothing and falls for everything.

The middle path teaches one that there is nothing worth fighting for. That all philosophy is equal, that all ideology is equal.

The ones "in the middle" tend to be the worst kinds of sheep.

The only one's who believe this are the one's so attached to their flesh that they cannot see beyond themselves for a better tomorrow for OTHERS.

You will die one day my friend. Whether by a tyrants bullet, or a weary old age, your flesh will perish. If you advocate violence as the solution to your problems, as the enforcer of your will, you will only leave a violent world as YOUR legacy.

And we wonder why the world is so violent. So many "real" men walking around flexing their manliness.

That's ok though. We are on the cusp of the battle royale. Those who wish to kill, will be killed.

Final Warning

It is more courageous to die for peace, than it is to fight a war.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by maestromason
Well, I see in your future either a battlefield or a Federal prison. You, OP and the "like-minded" are DEFINITELY heading EAST when TSHTF!

I don't see either, and the way I figure, I'm in a better position to see my own future than you could be.

The only way they're getting me to a federal prison is if they bust down my door at the right hour of day when I'm sleeping and take me by surprise. Any kind of indication I'm being drafted, or anything like that, and there's not going to be anything left to find by the time they show up to my door.

And there is no way in hell I'm going to fight a foreign war of aggression in this day and age. Let me just say right now that I'm crazy enough to turn my gun on other Americans first (not like we Virginians haven't been pushed to doing as much before, and still being PROUD of it -- half a million Yankees dead in Southern dust like they say). I think that's enough to get me out of fighting any war for them automatically, and you know how they have to screen everyone before putting them into service.

Like I said though, there are so many people opposed to the draft, and who never registered with the SS, they would really have their hands full trying to reinstitute the draft today. This is not the same country as it was during WW2, or even Vietnam, which saw its fair share of successful draft dodgers. This country is in no state to ask so much from its citizens, for so little in return, and to result in the deaths of so many foreign innocents. It's disgusting to even think about.
edit on 29-4-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
reply to post by mossme89

You don't have a license yet?

You can't still have just a permit...

Procrastination. I only got my permit a month from my 17th birthday. I'm hopefully going for my license test soon. I don't really need it, the grocery store and school i can walk to, the pool i can run to. everything i need is around me.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

So far all the people who support this seem to be hardcore "feminists".
They seem to be saying that the male gender can potentially be disadvantaged in the name of some special "sacrifice", and that women can enjoy "equality" by studying, being interns, gaining work experience or building their businesses while men must EXCLUSIVELY go and fight some future, or snow-balling current war.

At least such forms should set young men at ease that they will be especially advantaged after their duty, or that women will perform some state duty that similarly disadvantages them too.

The world is tough enough for male children in the politically correct gender system.
I simply cannot see what this has to do with courage or personality traits, or whatever else.

A dated method from the time of male privilege is used in a post-feminist set-up that distinctly and clearly threatens to undermine and stunt males socially and economically.

This is no longer the age of chivalry where the princess waits for her knight with a chastity belt.

In today's world this an affront to the civil rights of men because it is blatantly unequal.

Clearly some Americans have such a love-affair with the mythos of violence in masculinity that they will not secure the EQUAL rights of their boy-children.

It is the biggest argument for de-masculinizing society I have ever seen.

edit on 29-4-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

At what point in my post did I "advocate violence"?

You spend too much time in the world of symbolism to know how to properly decipher it.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Oh please, the concept of gender neutrality is new age BS.

There's a reason for the need for males in the military, particularly infantry and SF.

It's not some notion of equality or lack thereof. It's called biology.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

At what point in my post did I "advocate violence"?

You spend too much time in the world of symbolism to know how to properly decipher it.

All those military men in that photo you presented must have represented Budhists and Hare Krishnas maybe even Christ himself. Your avatar photo must be Gandhi leading the salt march or is that Dr. King.

Forgive me for not understanding what the symbolism actually meant.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Fair enough if you believe that (I know some women who would disagree).
But then make females do something else for that time that is also conscription, and make them sign similar forms.
It doesn't have to be the same thing.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Dude. Seriously. Who died and made you Gandhi?
Why would we NOT be worried about the flesh? If we spent LESS time worrying about your god fighting someone else's god than about real problems and issues that affect us as a human race we would have way less violence than we do now.

And please don't push another final warning thread into our faces. I absolutely hate absolutes.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Unlike most people i don't hide behind the notion of 'non-violence'. While I don't advocate wanton violence, I most certainly am NOT anti-violence. Why? Because people are animals.

And there are those of us on this planet who are willing to do violence so that you don't have to cower when the animals come for you.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
Dude. Seriously. Who died and made you Gandhi?

Gandhi. It's a relay race to the finish line.

Why would we NOT be worried about the flesh?

If you worry about the flesh, you will only die worried.

Originally posted by webpirateIf we spent LESS time worrying about your god fighting someone else's god than about real problems and issues that affect us as a human race we would have way less violence than we do now.

God doesn't fight in these silly wars my friend. It is his children that can't seem to get along.

And please don't push another final warning thread into our faces. I absolutely hate absolutes.

"real problems and issues that affect us as a human race we would have way less violence than we do now. "

These real problems and issues is WHY I shared that warning. It is because you are not looking at what is causing these events that I tried to show you in that warning. Do not heed it or even think about it if it bothers you so. You will not be able to say later that you do not know why. I told you why.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

And there are those of us on this planet who are willing to do violence so that you don't have to cower when the animals come for you.

Exactly, and this is the whole idea behind Eastern martial arts too, which are most often purely exercised for self-defense purposes.

The idea is to protect yourself, protect your family, friends, people weaker than yourself in general, from others who are actively aggressive towards other peoples and nations (such as the modern US, Nazi Germany, etc.).

As someone famous once said, the best way to prevent a fight, is to be 100% prepared and ready for it. Otherwise your enemy would not think twice.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Really?

You sound proud of yourself as to your course of action when/if your country heralds for you in time of war. I hate to break the news to you but, "your door" as you so politely put it, resides on US soil, so they would not have a problem picking up your entire house to grab you and cart you off. Don't believe me, check it out!

So you say? Sad!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Unlike most people i don't hide behind the notion of 'non-violence'. While I don't advocate wanton violence, I most certainly am NOT anti-violence. Why? Because people are animals.

And you suppose you can show them how not to be an animal by being an animal yourself?

I cower from nothing my friend, nor do I need you to defend me. You do violence for yourself. You have none to blame for yourself.

Disclosure: I served 14 years in the United States Marine Corps. I learned the error of violence. You may not have. If you feel you must learn of it first hand, go for it. You will find no glory you can be proud of, and the atrocities you commit under your delusions of righteousness will kill your very soul. Learn of it if you must.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

You are so self righteous.

You present yourself as an absolute with all the pompass attitude that goes with it. You present yourself as a high and mighty authority of peace on Earth and yet all you really do is post on ATS and get nothing done.

But most of you self righteous peaceniks do just that. NOTHING. Because if you ever had to put effort into your words you'd have nothing to complain about and feel high and mighty about if you ever actually succeeded. You'd have no one to look down your nose at. And in the event that you are within reach of your success you would decry the efforts of men like me to defend you when your enemies come to destroy you.

You say stop worrying about the flesh because you will die soon anyway. How selfish. I worry about what I can provide my children, and their children. Americans have always been the kind of people who provide a better future for the next generation than the one they had precisely because they worry about what they will pass on AFTER they are dead...Not anymore. Part of that is because we're being brainwashed into believing that the only thing that matters is "tolerance". Tolerance for ideologies that are incompatible with free societies, tolerance for those who would seek to destroy our national identity, tolerance for those who would rather use me as a human shield while they curse my name behind my back because they lack the stones to say it to my face.

That is the kind of society we're raising today. one of "Tolerance" instead of UNDERSTANDING. One that says there's nothing worth fighting for so lay down your arms...

One day this mindset will deliver us into the evil we fear the most. Something no Selective Service piece of paper will ever accomplish.
edit on 29-4-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by maestromason
Really?

You sound proud of yourself as to your course of action when/if your country heralds for you in time of war. I hate to break the news to you but, "your door" as you so politely put it, resides on US soil, so they would not have a problem picking up your entire house to grab you and cart you off. Don't believe me, check it out!

I assume you're referring to FEMA camps? Why else would anyone single me out in the first place?

When you consider the logistics of what it would take to round up so many people, you will see that it would really be hard to do it without immediately alerting locals. Maybe in a big city it would be easy to hide, but I don't live in a big city.

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join