It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got my letter for the Selective Service today. What should i do?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab
wow Im sorry but this thread makes me sick, Zoloft is your crutch op??, you really don't need it, well what about the brave soldiers, marines, all the branches in the military, my brothers, my husband who did their selective service, and served in the service, AWW you don't want to go you poor little baby but you want help for school?, wow WOW, Grow some balls and do what men do, if not for yourself for your country, and fellow brothers who are in.

Ugh What is happening to Men these days, are there any???
edit on 29-4-2011 by hapablab because: Yeah no reason

I'm in a lot better mood if i take it, and am sorta down and depressed when i don't take it. Either way, i can function without it, but my quality of life is better with it.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
I'm 17 and turning 18 in a week. Yesterday in the mail, i got a friendly letter in the mail from the Selective Service saying "it's time to register". I'm trying to decide what to do. I need to register to get Financial Aid (which we were counting on), as well as have any hope for a stable government job in the future.

I just DO NOT want to fight a war. It's not that i'm afraid of it, i just see myself and others as more than cannon fodder and would rather not fight a pointless war so the rich can stay rich. With the way the world is going, i wouldn't be surprised if the draft is reinstated within the next couple years. And i would be the perfect candidate. I'm 5'9", 135lbs and athletic (run distance in track).

Just sign up. If you have plans in going to college, they will force you to sign up anyway.

Its not a BIG deal. Its a right of passage in a way.

edit on 29-4-2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
sign it and be a man

your not going to get drafted becacuse currently they are turning many people down from military service
the military is actually over populated with people right now

you could also be a man and join the Corp, you get many great benifits from serving your country

i leave for parris island on monday

peace
edit on 29-4-2011 by caf1550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I'm 17 and turning 18 in a week. Yesterday in the mail, i got a friendly letter in the mail from the Selective Service saying "it's time to register".
edit on 28-4-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

Letter or no letter...MOVE TO SWITZERLAND !!!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Be thankful you're in one of the countries that doesn't literally force you to serve.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
It appears it is not just symbolic in all states.
Some on this thread (across the pages) report having lost real business hours due to this.

Perhaps it is symbolic and a rite of passage for some, but surely such things only have meaning to those who choose it.

Now this custom comes from WW I, some explain.
But that was still a time of great male privilege.
There was no equality or competition from women in most jobs.

However, now the times have changed, and so must the forms and the customs.

I'd just like to hear the feminists wail if the law demanded them to do anything that wasn't purely biological differently from a male.
Imagine females had to sign a form (no matter how symbolic) that they had to give special service potentially affecting their time, bodies and careers not expected of the male gender.
They would scream: GENDER DISCRIMINATION!

Now why should the male gender not cry out: DISCRIMINATION!
And how can one really blame men for being violent if their own government tells them from a young age they were born for war (no matter how symbolic)?
Is war really what males naturally tend to do more than females?
So violent men have a "natural" excuse for being violent?

This thread makes me wonder as a South African.
There is hardly a radio discussion or media writing about the youth where National Service or Conscription isn't presented as a remedy for our "ill-disciplined" youth.
The ANC has even mentioned something to the effect that some National Service will return.
Most of the nostalgic versions of young men going to basic training focus on just that - YOUNG MEN.
However, here it cannot legally happen like that, because we have gender non-discrimination written in our Constitution.
Most students, especially medical students already perform years of community service, and many leave the country.
The army itself is mostly in shambles.
Nevertheless, everyone thinks that young men need National Service.

It's strange how people want change but cling to the past in some ways.
edit on 29-4-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

O Canada, we stand on guard for thee. ( But by thee, we mean we, the people, not our poloticians )

Did you know that more than half the worlds population is under 25? meaning without you, there is no army, no warmachine, no puppets for the goverments. Its our generation, not theirs.

And someone said to join for your country. Sorry but i havnt seen anything good come from your army in 60 years. In fact your army has put your country in debt, made you more enemies than friends, and created the very force of brainwashed patriots that will gun you down when it comes time to overthrow our own corrupt goverments.

WWIII wont be won with troops, get real, you really think having a massive army means jack # in this day of satallite and laser guided thermonuclear missiles and such?

And the real war, the one for the people, not the poloticians, will be faught at home, on your soil, agaisnt your own military. Do you see where im gettin at?

When Civil war comes, it sure as hell wont be the poloticians shooting civilains.
edit on 29-4-2011 by kman420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

You have to register man, if you dont you can face prison time...thats only for the draft like a SHTF scenario, and they would only use the draft if our military suffered severe casualties or if we got nuked to basically nothing you have to have a defense

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

Oh, so because the OP doesn't want to get involved in useless wars he's not a real man? Why don't you go enlist then, instead of criticizing him? It has nothing to do with gender, after all. Or are you all talk?
If you wouldn't practice what you preach, then why shove it down others' throats?
edit on 29/4/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Except that military service is mandatory in Switzerland (optional if female) - grass is always greener. This emo generation of angst-begotten kids have no idea how good they have it. I think 3 years abroad in foreign countries should be mandatory for our citizens when they come of age.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

It is unlikely there will be a draft barring a major war.

It is likely that you would get the government coming to ask why you haven't registered.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

I am a proponent of several variations of this. A military, domestic service. Women, you get out just like men but you have an extra option. You can have a kid.

And yes, having children is a service to your country. Immigration costs, even good immigration. Raising good children is a service.

Otherwise, I see no reason for women to not be included.

And try to remember for the future, with your rant, THAT'S RIGHT you deny and oppress someone else's rights , you get oppressed by your the consequences of your stupidity. Try to remember that, if you don't like how it went down.
edit on 2011/4/29 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I have not read through the whole thread my friend, so forgive me if I am simply repeating what has already been said.

What should you do with that letter?

What does your conscience tell you to do? What ever it says, that is what you should do.

It is better to be imprisoned than suffer the guilt of going against your conscience.
It is better to be a beggar than go than suffer the depravity of of having your own will subdued.
It is better to be educated by yourself than suffer yourself to receive anothers education.
It is better to be at peace, through peace, than be at war with yourself for war.

In all things, follow your conscience.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Sign it and select Coast Guard as your choice of service. I signed mine and selected the Coast Guard and I'm 41 now and was not drafted. Chances are good the same will happen to you.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I'm 17 and turning 18 in a week. Yesterday in the mail, i got a friendly letter in the mail from the Selective Service saying "it's time to register". I'm trying to decide what to do. I need to register to get Financial Aid (which we were counting on), as well as have any hope for a stable government job in the future.

I just DO NOT want to fight a war. It's not that i'm afraid of it, i just see myself and others as more than cannon fodder and would rather not fight a pointless war so the rich can stay rich. With the way the world is going, i wouldn't be surprised if the draft is reinstated within the next couple years. And i would be the perfect candidate. I'm 5'9", 135lbs and athletic (run distance in track).

What i'm hoping is that even if the draft is reinstated, i could have an exemption. I take Zoloft for anxiety and i know it's an exemption, at least for the voluntary draft.

1: War is a racket.
2: Yes, sign it yet undersign it "Under Duress" which is the best advice I have seen on this thread.
3: College is also a racket.
4: The terms "Stable", "Future", "Government" and "Job" do not a stable equation make young jedi

5: this is the END GAME kid, they have special provisions where they can draft nurses, doctors and many other professions and if things get bad enough they will simply pass a new LEGALITY, its not lawful and the constitution which they will all have to swear an Oath to is the document that enables them to do so.
6: ZOLOFT? really? My nuerologist put me on a high dose of Mike Tyson Medicine and had me zombified in short order before I refused to take it, stopped going to the nazi scientist doctors, resigned from my high stress job and found my place in the world without a corporate or government cushion to sit on.
7: You dont think alot of troops are on something right about now? That Klinger section 8 crap aint gonna cut it anymore soldier!!!

Here is something else that may help yet if things go as many think they will....all bets are off.

Conscientious objector

Good luck!
I hope you do not find your way in college and do not end up sucking on We The Peoples teet doing work for some criminal cabal that works for the NWO and instead find that you are a unique individual with the awesome ability to make your own way, find your little niche and otherwise prove the system wrong!

OOOORAH!
I am America and so can you!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

What i'm hoping is that even if the draft is reinstated, i could have an exemption. I take Zoloft for anxiety and i know it's an exemption, at least for the voluntary draft.

It is your civic duty as an American male of age to register with the Selective Services youngman, I did and every male of the legal age of 18 has before me. Don't coward out or become afraid, if they reinstate the draft then so be it. It is better than going to Federal prison!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

Except that military service is mandatory in Switzerland (optional if female) - grass is always greener. This emo generation of angst-begotten kids have no idea how good they have it. I think 3 years abroad in foreign countries should be mandatory for our citizens when they come of age.

I heard that there you get to and are expected to keep your guns and ammo as well. I think we should do that here in America an do away with all this gun control crap. Everyone gets to be armed and trained!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mahon
Many letters and documents go missing while in transit via US Postal Service.

Are you sure you really got the letter? Because I thought you said you were still
waiting for it to arrive.

Priceless... absolutely priceless. LOL... oh that's good.

I say sign it, if they come a-knocking one day to collect you, try your zoloft reason, then the conscientous objector. If those 2 fail, grab all the supplies you've been saving just in case something like this were to happen, take your family, and disappear into the forests of some random location... War, death, and most of all, THEIR agenda is not worth killing for, much less dying for...

My 2 cents

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
All the tens of millions of young male adults in America have to sign it. It's no big deal. There isn't a draft and there probably won't be one. If there ever is, just sign up for the Airforce real fast or something, before they draft you into the Army. That is, unless you want to be in the Army at that point. My grandfather signed up with the Navy during Korea just so he wouldn't have to be in the Army. He still almost died several times, according to his memoirs. Anyways, just sign it. It's not a big deal.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
All the tens of millions of young male adults in America have to sign it. It's no big deal. There isn't a draft and there probably won't be one. If there ever is, just sign up for the Airforce real fast or something, before they draft you into the Army. That is, unless you want to be in the Army at that point. My grandfather signed up with the Navy during Korea just so he wouldn't have to be in the Army. He still almost died several times, according to his memoirs. Anyways, just sign it. It's not a big deal.

The way things are going with China, I would not call it just yet. You may wake up one morning and find yourself being hauled off to the Far East for combat. I suggest that you sign it and get it over with, it is like an "American rite of passage", EVERY AMERICAN MALE SIGNS IT!

Please do not listen to those influences that tell you not to sign it, they know they sent it to you, that is all there is. There is no excuse for ignorance of the law. Check that out in your law books if you think otherwise!

You as an American male of the age 18, know this, they TAUGHT this to you in school, and your parents should have sat you down and explained your patriotic duty to register for Selective Services.

They will come for you dude, and Federal prison on your record as a draft dodger does NOT look good to ANY FUTURE EMPLOYER!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join