It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was this big ball of light?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I am curious what other people make of this...

In the past I have seen very small orbs of light (around baseball sized) flash off and on around my house. Other people have also seen them and I never worried too much about them. As crazy as it may seem to some people I have come to accept that my house is haunted and I never get bent out of shape over some of the weird things that happen here like lights or water turning themselves on or doors opening by themselves. Nothing seems like it wants to harm me. This has gone on for 5 years.

Several weeks ago something different happened. My bedroom window faces a structure with lights on 24/7 so we have a black out shade that extends past the window and then over that we have a set of heavy duty vertical blinds. Not much light gets in past those two window coverings. I was sitting on my bed in the middle of the day, the window coverings closed, the overhead lights in the bedroom on. One of my cats was sitting at the end of the bed. Movement caught my eye and I witnessed what looked like a huge orb of bright white light shoot out of the wall and kind of hang in the air before it blinked out. It even had a small tail like a comet. I would estimate that the ball of light was basketball sized and bigger than anything I had previously seen. Immediately after seeing the light I felt what I can only describe as a wash of electricity pass over me. Starting at the top of my head and slowly moving lower I felt this tingling sensation that traveled down until it reached my feet and dissipated. I looked over the cat and he was crouched on the end of the bed and his hair was half standing on end.

I have had a lot of weird ghost type stuff happen to me since moving here and I have remained pretty calm about it all but this felt different and I felt kind of freaked out. I did not feel threatened or that this was malevolent but it just seemed different. I think the physical feeling of the electricity disturbed me the most. The thought of being scanned popped into my mind since it started at the top of my head and traveled down to my feet but I have nothing to base this on other than something that I thought while it was happening.

I am open to the idea that this could be some kind of natural occurrence. I thought about ball lightening but the weather was clear and calm that day and the light came out of an interior wall. There was no sound or smell associated with it. I ruled out a reflection from outside by making sure there were no gaps in the window coverings. I thought maybe something was wrong with me and I went into the doctor's, explained what I had seen, was evaluated and had two rounds of tests on my eyes by an opthamologist to see if maybe it was the beginnings of a detached retina but have been given a clean bill of health. Whatever I saw left an after image when I closed my eyes so my physician doesn't think it was a hallucination.

As I said, I am curious what others think it was...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Why do these type of threads never have pics? Drives me insaaaaane

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

That is why I posted this here since it is my personal story with no evidence. I probably didn't make this clear but this happened in seconds. No time to react and grab my cell phone and get a picture.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
You wouldn't happen to live in Texas would you? Near Big Bend National Park? Perhaps near Marfa, TX?
edit on 27-4-2011 by EL1A5 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

No, I don't live anywhere near there. Were you thinking about the Marfa Lights? As far as I know there hasn't been any activity like that reported around here.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Was it storming outside whenever this happened? There is this thing called ball lightning where when lightning strikes it transfers all its energy into an orb of light and it travels a pretty good distance sometimes. Heres a link to wikipedia
Ball Lightning

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ammilam

No, no storms and there was no smell (I was under the impression that ball lightening sometimes smells like sulpher).

I don't know if this has matters but it came from an interior wall not the wall with the windows or connected to the outside.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by angrywhitechick

Question. Is there a stream of water nearby? Don't have an explanation but I have often heard about this type of problem and usually the people who complained lived near a stream.

Balls of light are sometimes associated with geomagnetic changes prior to eq's.

If it came out of the wall, could it be stray voltage? Maybe you know someone with a voltmeter who could check it out for you? Here's a link below to one such story that's worth reading.

"Electrical pollution" is a term used around the world to "describe many of the phenomena surrounding unseen but measurable forms of electricity," says Colling.

"It is caused by 21st century technology operating on 19th century electrical utility distribution lines." The primary neutral lines are not big enough to handle the returning current and, as a result, it goes through the ground.

From the way you and your cat reacted, does this sound plausible? link

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

From the sum of your description, there's really nothing I can think of to ask you to help us find a logical explanation for something like this... A ball of light right in your room? And it scanned you?! I'm not sure how I would react to something like that, once I woke up from fainting that is. And here you want us to try to tell you what we think it is?

No idea, maybe it was just stopping by to recharge your implant?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

There is a little stream nearby...maybe about 1/2 a city block away.

Thanks for the pointer to the article on stray electrical volts. Both interesting and disturbing. My husband did immediately check the overhead lights with a meter when I told him what happened but the readings were normal and I don't think he checked anything else. I do know we have kind of a unique electrical situation here where we are between two transformers (I think that was the explanation) and when the power goes off often only 1/2 the lights go off...the rest of the place goes dark but my kitchen and living room stays on. Maybe that contributes to it somehow.

I really appreciate your thoughtful answer. Gives me something to look into!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Well, I am not really on the scanning band wagon although I did have that weird thought while it was happening. It could totally be a random thought generated by too much Star Trek!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by angrywhitechick
reply to post by EL1A5

No, I don't live anywhere near there. Were you thinking about the Marfa Lights? As far as I know there hasn't been any activity like that reported around here.

very well, sorry my explanation would be invalid then.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I do know we have kind of a unique electrical situation here where we are between two transformers (I think that was the explanation) and when the power goes off often only 1/2 the lights go off...the rest of the place goes dark but my kitchen and living room stays on. Maybe that contributes to it somehow.

Now that sounds really freaky!
edit on 28-4-2011 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

top topics

join