It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where the Wild Places are... What are your choices

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Arizona? New Mexico?? Sounds like a prime spot for an abduction so maybe your REALLY thinking that if shtf you can just hitch a ride to a new galaxy? I get it. LOL

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I am not too sure what the plates are like but we are on the Canadian Shield,not sure what repercussions that would have if something happened.
I am not really into watching the plates really so I have no clue and you might have to educate me in that matter because I am lost when it comes to that kind of stuff.

Thanks for linking some more pics of The Gats.

That second link...if that was a trip you did then it looks absolutely amazing.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

I realise this thread is mainly aimed at you guys in America/ Canada ... I envy your space and wonderful wild places.
Im in a rural location in the UK - anyone else here from the UK?
Where would you fellow Brits go?
I think I would stay local , I know the terrain, know what grows here, know some good hiding places!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I did a search and it really depends on what happens, but Quebec has good stats overall. In fact the Amercians might cross the border in droves.

If i we were going to leave BC, then Quebec would be my first choice, due to its beauty, have thought that for years. Parts of Manitoba are very nice too. Harsher winters than we're used to though.

Due to this I would suspect alot of control and hidden bases.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
So here's my pick... the Gila Wilderness...
Down in the southwestern corner of New Mexico...

HAY! Quiet! That's where I live!
And I must agree.

Great idea for a thread!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by katseyes

I realise this thread is mainly aimed at you guys in America/ Canada ... I envy your space and wonderful wild places.
Im in a rural location in the UK - anyone else here from the UK?
Where would you fellow Brits go?
I think I would stay local , I know the terrain, know what grows here, know some good hiding places!

To be fair, there isn't anywhere in the UK that's worthwhile. If you can pack enough food etc. Then try the lake district, snowdonia or the highlands...don't know how that will pan out to be honest which is why I'll be nicking the nicest yacht I can find and heading for the horizon.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

Good plan! Im next to a river - but no boat! It truly worries me what I would do , Im a single mum of three girls. We grow a lot of our own food and have chickens. I have a sister with a farm in the highlands of Scotland ... but dont fancy my chances of making it there if all goes tits up. Do I stay put and watch strangers steal my veg and take my chickens - or pack our bags and move?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
do you city people think any of you will be allowed to leave the city when SHTF??. And do any of you think the people already living in the wild places across america will let you just come and destroy the countryside like you destroyed the cities??
I see these comments as to how people in the cities will bug out and head for the wilds, I laugh since i live in the wilds area and we will be haveing our own little war with locals, so any city people who show up will be gone before they get even close !! I dont think you city people know how we country folk are. It will be sad for the city people on that day[s]-
My advise to you is plan on staying right where you are. Its your safest bet.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
There are several possibilities as far as locations go

but - I feel no obligation to survive

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by katseyes

I'm betting that we will know in sufficient time to grab our bags and scoot.

I deffo wouldn't hang around for the looters to turn up, get what you can and go, down river would be good, a small rib would see you cover the miles fast and there's always time to learn to handle a boat, should be easy with 4 of you!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I was just at Lake Mead last week, stopped off on my way to Las Vegas.

Man was the wind howling (around 60-70 MPH at the by pass bridge below the Dam....

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Have 2 places..
1. The jungle in s.e asia where have resided for several years. Get everything that need from the jungle, my garden, fishing and trade with the local villagers.
2. The mountains in japan - everything that need can find there. And most likely will end up there when finish up assisting in the area hit by the quake in japan. Taking a couple day off for the first time in 3 weeks..
Never was keen on cities and avoid them as much as I can..

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I concur with the Gila wilderness. My grandparents live there near Lake Quemado(close to Reserve, NM) and I have family in Silver City. I, however, live in Montana. Lots of open spaces here and wilderness to hide out in.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JJRichey

Ah Montana... I love the high country... still own a cabin up in Pinedale WY not to far from Yellowstone...
But damn it gets cold there... coldest place I've ever been...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join