It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Hypocritical Christian

page: 3
4
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon
 



But why won't you accept them for who they are?


Because that's not what Christ said to do with the wolves/tares, He instructed us to "beware" of them. The Word says to "contend earnestly for the faith", not to accept false teachers and heretical doctrine. Martin Luther said it best:

"You cannot be too gentle with the sheep and you cannot be too harsh to the wolves."




posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon
 



But why won't you accept them for who they are?


Because that's not what Christ said to do with the wolves/tares, He instructed us to "beware" of them. The Word says to "contend earnestly for the faith", not to accept false teachers and heretical doctrine. Martin Luther said it best:

"You cannot be too gentle with the sheep and you cannot be too harsh to the wolves."


Yes beware of them and their beliefs, but he didn't say turn from them... he taught us to accept them for who they are... see for yourself...

27But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, 28Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

Would you not agree?



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon
 


But you don't have to let them into the church or allow them to teach to either love them or pray for them.



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon
 


But you don't have to let them into the church or allow them to teach to either love them or pray for them.



I said nothing of church, i said love them for who they are....thats all, accept them as an equal and move on...

Beware of their beliefs....ya sure, but let them have their beliefs.




posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon
 


But you don't have to let them into the church or allow them to teach to either love them or pray for them.



I said nothing of church, i said love them for who they are....thats all, accept them as an equal and move on...

Beware of their beliefs....ya sure, but let them have their beliefs.



I do let others have their beliefs, I'm not Muslim, I don't hold a knife to unbelievers throats and make them subjugate or die.

People are free to believe what they want, you may not be speaking about "The church", but that's the context of the OP. What happens or has been witnessed by the OP.



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Good to see you IAM and NOTurTypical! It's been some time and I miss reading your thoughts on spirituality. I know we will never find one belief/thought/opinion that everyone clings to but it's important for us to see all the issues we do agree upon.



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Good to see you IAM and NOTurTypical! It's been some time and I miss reading your thoughts on spirituality. I know we will never find one belief/thought/opinion that everyone clings to but it's important for us to see all the issues we do agree upon.


How about this one.

We all want to be loved and respected and free to find God in our own way, so why not just agree to love, respect, and allow that freedom?

With Love,

Your Brother



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'm all for creative ways to follow Christ....as long as we accept his salvation and realise he is our salvation. :up;

God is understanding, if we are a bit off in our interpretation of the Bible he understands.....he understands everything and still grants us salvation through Jesus.



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
I'm all for creative ways to follow Christ....as long as we accept his salvation and realise he is our salvation. :up;

God is understanding, if we are a bit off in our interpretation of the Bible he understands.....he understands everything and still grants us salvation through Jesus.


Fair enough my friend, Jesus can save those who follow the Bible. I'll show those who want nothing to do with the books how to save themselves.

Everything is in divine order.

With Love,

Your Brother



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM
 



how to save themselves.


If man could 'save himself' why did Jesus need to incarnate as a man and die in our place?



posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by IAMIAM
 



how to save themselves.


If man could 'save himself' why did Jesus need to incarnate as a man and die in our place?


Why did Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. need to incarnate as a man and lead the civil rights movement?

Why did Gandhi need to incarnate as a man and lead the salt marches?

Why did YOU incarnate as a man? That is the question you should be asking yourself.

With Love,

Your Brother



posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by IAMIAM
 



how to save themselves.


If man could 'save himself' why did Jesus need to incarnate as a man and die in our place?


Why did Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. need to incarnate as a man and lead the civil rights movement?

Why did Gandhi need to incarnate as a man and lead the salt marches?

Why did YOU incarnate as a man? That is the question you should be asking yourself.

With Love,

Your Brother


Red Herring.

None of us incarnated as men, we never pre-existed our humanity. Christ was the Word of God made flesh and the Creator of the universe. (John 1:1-3)

So answer the Q. If man could save himself why did the Creator of the universe leave heaven, incarnate as a human being, and die in our stead?




He hung on a cross made of wood, yet He created the hill on which it stood.



In Psalm 22 Jesus Christ gave David a prophecy that reads first-person singular as Christ hung on the cross, yet it was given 1,000 years before Christ was manifest in the flesh.

The Son of God, Jesus Christ was the voice from the burning bush who spoke to Moses. He was the 4th person in the fiery furnace who protected Daniel's friends from death.

He is the great I AM, the Alpha and Omega, the Creator Himself.



"And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for [his] only [son], and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for [his] firstborn."

Zechariah 12:10





edit on 28-4-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Red Herring.

None of us incarnated as men, we never pre-existed our humanity. Christ was the Word of God made flesh and the Creator of the universe. (John 1:1-3)


Believe that if you wish, but you are only deluding YOU. I KNOW better.


Originally posted by NOTurTypical
So answer the Q. If man could save himself why did the Creator of the universe leave heaven, incarnate as a human being, and die in our stead?


Jesus isn't the creator and not one single word out of his mouth leads to that conclusion. He spoke for that SPIRIT that was within him, and within all of us. You cannot hear because your king is only on the pages of a book, on a movie screen, or nailed to a cross in your church. You worship the flesh that was Jesus, not the spirit he was speaking for. You are in the cult of the dead, and you fear life.




Originally posted by NOTurTypical

He hung on a cross made of wood, yet He created the hill on which it stood.


So did I, so did you.



Originally posted by NOTurTypical
In Psalm 22 Jesus Christ gave David
a prophecy that reads first-person singular as Christ hung on the cross, yet it was given 1,000 years before Christ was manifest in the flesh.


Christ yes, Jesus - NO. That prophecy is written about the Son of Man. You and I. If you wish to exclude yourself, then stay outside the bridal chamber.


Originally posted by NOTurTypical
The Son of God, Jesus Christ was the voice from the burning bush who spoke to Moses. He was the 4th person in the fiery furnace who protected Daniel's friends from death.


So too am I!

So too are you, unless of course You exclude yourself.


Originally posted by NOTurTypical
He is the great I AM, the Alpha and Omega, the Creator Himself.


I AM



Originally posted by NOTurTypical

"And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for [his] only [son], and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for [his] firstborn."

Zechariah 12:10


Meh, stay outside the bridal chamber all you want. Worship the flesh if you must. It perishes and so will you.

I came for the living, those who wish to live, and those who will live eternal.

I AM

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 28-4-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM
 


You're not God.

I'll take it you refuse to answer the Q why Jesus had to come to Earth and die in our stead?

Here is your quote:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am." ~ Jesus

I know Psalm 22 is about the Christ. What you don't get is Jesus said He was the Christ, the Son of the Living God.

Mark 14:61-63

"But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him,

"Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?"

62And Jesus said,

"I AM: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven."

63Then the high priest rent his clothes, and saith, What need we any further witnesses?"



Jesus Christ was the only begotten Son of God Almighty, you're just a man.



posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Who said this:


"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last."



How can Jesus be both the root of David and at the same time be the offspring of David?


"I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, [and] the bright and morning star."



posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Who said this:


"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last."



How can Jesus be both the root of David and at the same time be the offspring of David?


"I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, [and] the bright and morning star."



reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


that is a seriously good question, what do you make of these though?-

[If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?

For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes

His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.

For if Jesus (other versions Joshua) had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

all quotes in KJV and can be viewed for free by phrase search or key word at www.biblegateway.com


Originally posted by NOTurTypical
The Son of God, Jesus Christ was the voice from the burning bush who spoke to Moses. He was the 4th person in the fiery furnace who protected Daniel's friends from death


and these?

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds

Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

the same did God send to be a ruler and a deliverer by the hand of the angel which appeared to him in the bush.

This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers

unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son

to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands

the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot

But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
To redeem them that were under the law

He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?


edit on 28-4-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM
 



Jesus isn't the creator and not one single word out of his mouth leads to that conclusion. He spoke for that SPIRIT that was within him, and within all of us. You cannot hear because your king is only on the pages of a book, on a movie screen, or nailed to a cross in your church. You worship the flesh that was Jesus, not the spirit he was speaking for. You are in the cult of the dead, and you fear life.


did you know when I first believed was when I had just started to open the cover of a green Gideon NT when suddenly an invisible audible voice as if sitting on my left (like a friend would) said my name then "I am Jesus, I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish"?? awestruck I stood to my feet turned to the voice and said yes Lord- keep in mind this was associated to after an abortion had taken place, and came across these later, what do you think the odds are?-

Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus

What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy

For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.

For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

edit on 28-4-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


And if Jesus pointed to the moon, you would think Jesus' finger was the moon.

Still you worship the flesh, knowing not what that invisible spirit is.

That's ok though. When Jesus was spreading his message, the blind men known as Pharisees also said "You are not God!"

LOL...

The more things change the more they stay the same.



posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rustami
did you know when I first believed was when I had just started to open the cover of a green Gideon NT when suddenly an invisible audible voice as if sitting on my left (like a friend would) said my name then "I am Jesus, I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish"?? awestruck I stood to my feet turned to the voice and said yes Lord- keep in mind this was associated to after an abortion had taken place, and came across these later, what do you think the odds are?-


Yes, I knew this my friend. How can anyone on this forum not know this?

Since you bring up again, what do you think is meant by "Believe in me and you will never perish?"

What does it mean to believe?

With Love,

Your Brother



posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Who said this:


"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last."



How can Jesus be both the root of David and at the same time be the offspring of David?


"I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, [and] the bright and morning star."



You actually answered your own question


Christ was the man who understood the spirit more then any man ever created... he examplified the spirit in every way... He never once said i am God... but he knew what the spirit was.... he understood that it is in everyone and everything in creation.

I AM the root of the offspring of David... The holy bloodline yes, but thats not what hes saying. He was exactly what the spirit is, which is perfect... without sin. He's saying the same spirit lives in him that lived in David, and Abraham, and Moses....and you and me, and everyone.

Matthew 6:25
Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?


edit on 28-4-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
4
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join