It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hypocritical Christian

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by IAMIAM

Sorry, but I don't need you to explain the parable to me, the Lord Jesus already did in verses 36-42. He told the disciples exactly what it meant.

I wasn't expounding for your sake. I was expounding for those who see.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Ummm, you clearly missed the point.

Which was that Christ did the 'expounding' of the parable in verses 36-42.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

Ummm, you clearly missed the point.

Which was that Christ did the 'expounding' of the parable in verses 36-42.

And I expounded on his expounding for even then his message was not understood, when it was understood it was not believed.

Such is true even to this day.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

And I expounded on his expounding for even then his message was not understood, when it was understood it was not believed.

No, you feel His explanation needs to be altered because it clearly doesn't align with your Gnostic doctrines for the end of the world and judgment in Hell for the wicked. I'm sure you also take offense to Christ saying not all people are children of God, that some people are children of the devil.

You're free to believe whatever you wish to, but don't expect anyone to believe Christ needs you or anyone else to explain His explanations.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

No, you feel His explanation needs to be altered because it clearly doesn't align with your Gnostic doctrines for the end of the world and judgment in Hell for the wicked. I'm sure you also take offense to Christ saying not all people are children of God, that some people are children of the devil.

You're free to believe whatever you wish to, but don't expect anyone to believe Christ needs you or anyone else to explain His explanations.

Some are indeed children of the devil. Bear in mind when Christ said these things, he was NOT talking to Christians. He was talking to his disciples.

Children of the devil are those who have been deceived into not believing we are ALL children of God. They are not children of the devil because Christ made them that way, they are children of the devil because they submitted to iniquity and division.

Are you a worker of iniquity? Or do you see all as the children of God?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Adam was a direct creation of God, you, I and everyone else are born sons and daughters of Adam. The scriptures say so. The only ones who become the sons of God are those who are believers in Jesus Christ, His blood atonement and resurrection. Those who are "born again" by the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit.

"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, to them that believe on his name:"

John 1:12

Unbelievers are the "children of the devil". That's precisely why Christ told the Pharisees their father was the devil in John 8:44:

"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."

Some are indeed children of the devil. Bear in mind when Christ said these things, he was NOT talking to Christians. He was talking to his disciples.

A "Christian" is simply a believer/follower of Jesus Christ. His disciples were the first Christians. Or you could say it another way, all born-again believers are disciples of Jesus Christ.

edit on 27-4-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

A "Christian" is simply a believer/follower of Jesus Christ. His disciples were the first Christians. Or you could say it another way, all born-again believers are disciples of Jesus Christ.

Let me be blunt. Most Christians are liars. They claim to believe what Christ taught, yet gorge themselves on self righteousness. They do not give all they have to the poor. They do not comfort the mourning. They do not relieve those who suffer in the name of righteousness. They do all manner of evil in Christs name. They judge, they hate, they divide, and they fornicate wit their own hubris. They are indeed as this thread title proclaims, hypocrites.

So, when you have sold all that you own and given it to the poor, picked up YOUR cross and actually walked in the ways of Christ, you do not know a thing about what he was teaching.

And I do not know who you are, for I have done these things and will continue to until every person who has judged Christ based on liars like yourself have seen the true light and splendor of the Man and his message.

Now if YOU are not a child of the devil, sell your belongings and join the walk of Christ.

With Love...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

based on liars like yourself

Yes, let your hatred out, better to do that than keep it bottled up inside. Now, show me where I have "lied", I asked you to do this in another thread and you went silent. Put my "lies" up for all to see. Secondly, if you're sitting comfortably typing away on your computer over the internet you have certainly not given all you own to the poor. That makes who the hypocrite and liar in this thread??

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

based on liars like yourself

Yes, let your hatred out, better to do that than keep it bottled up inside. Now, show me where I have "lied", I asked you to do this in another thread and you went silent. Put my "lies" up for all to see. Secondly, if you're sitting comfortably typing away on your computer over the internet you have certainly not given all you own to the poor. That makes who the hypocrite and liar in this thread??

You lie by saying you believe Christ while NOT doing anything he said. You have put your trust in what other men said after his death and refused to do what HE said do while he was alive. I do not judge you for I know the allure of the easy path you are on. I know how hard the road that CHrist laid out is because I walk it. What I can tell you though is that as long as you continue to preach Christ is the way, without believe it yourself enough to actually WALK it, people will judge you and you will have no peace. You are judged as you have judged others.

As I have said before, I own one cheap crystal white samsung n210 notebook. That is what I own and I have that to reach the world with. I lay my head were ever someone takes me in. I trust that I will be provided for and I am. In whom do you put your trust? The teachings of Christ or your money?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

You lie by saying you believe Christ while NOT doing anything he said.

When Christ spoke He was operating and living under the Law, speaking to Jews. Christ didn't institute the New Covenant until the Last Supper before Passover when He shared the cup of wine with His disciples. The first covenant wasn't fulfilled until He exclaimed "It is finished!"

If you'd like to know what Christ said for the Church you'd need to look at Acts, the upper room during Pentecost was when the church was born by the Holy Spirit, and furthermore, Christ didn't instruct the gospel to be sent to the Gentiles until He instructed Peter to do so in Acts Chapter 10.

The Apostles had full-time jobs while they planted churches, Peter, James and John were fishermen, Paul was a tent maker. I certainly don't rely on money I can assure you. I make $10/hour, I'm below the poverty line for a single person..

I AM THE POOR.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

You lie by saying you believe Christ while NOT doing anything he said.

When Christ spoke He was operating and living under the Law, speaking to Jews. Christ didn't institute the New Covenant until the Last Supper before Passover when He shared the cup of wine with His disciples. The first covenant wasn't fulfilled until He exclaimed "It is finished!"

If you'd like to know what Christ said for the Church you'd need to look at Acts, the upper room during Pentecost was when the church was born by the Holy Spirit, and furthermore, Christ didn't instruct the gospel to be sent to the Gentiles until He instructed Peter to do so in Acts Chapter 10.

Christ isn't found in acts. He is found within you. He walks the earth through you when you do as he did.

The Apostles had full-time jobs while they planted churches, Peter, James and John were fishermen, Paul was a tent maker. I certainly don't rely on money I can assure you. I make $10/hour, I'm below the poverty line for a single person..

The Apostles did not do as Christ asked because they did not believe him. He said told them they would not believe him to go ahead and do it anyway. Do you remember his whole speech about taking two swords? You are not going to do what I ask anyway, so do what you like. He was forgiving them for a betrayal before the fact. All things happen as Christ said it would.

I AM THE POOR.

And I am telling you how to gain the Kingdom but you reject my words. You reject them even though I say what Christ said. You reject them even though I do what Christ did. You reject them because I love all as Christ loved all. You reject ME when I come in the name of Christ!

Didn't he tell you that those who receive his disciples who do as he had done, would be receiving Christ?

He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Pick up your cross and follow Christ and you will be poor no more.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 27-4-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Hey guys, hope everyone is having a good day....it's going to be beautiful here in AZ today.

Thanks for the thought provoking conversation.

It's my belief we can't be saved by works (what we do). We are saved by the sacrifice Jesus made for us by dying for our sins. God already knows we are imperfect sinners, that's why he sent his son...he was the sacrifice..

During our lives we should work harder to be more Christ like but in the end it's just impossible to meet that standard...only God is good.

Anyway I know god is more understanding than you would believe. Just follow Jesus the best you know how...and try to love your brother as yourself.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

True, we have no righteousness of our own, we need Christ's. We're only justified before God by His shed blood.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Hey guys, hope everyone is having a good day....it's going to be beautiful here in AZ today.

Thanks for the thought provoking conversation.

It's my belief we can't be saved by works (what we do). We are saved by the sacrifice Jesus made for us by dying for our sins. God already knows we are imperfect sinners, that's why he sent his son...he was the sacrifice..

During our lives we should work harder to be more Christ like but in the end it's just impossible to meet that standard...only God is good.

Anyway I know god is more understanding than you would believe. Just follow Jesus the best you know how...and try to love your brother as yourself.

All Hail the Lizard King! He can do any thing!

It has been some time since we crossed paths in a thread my friend. I hope life has been treating you divinely.

I suppose I will have to disagree with you on this point. You are perfect as far as I am concerned. To say you are not, would be to say the creator of all has made a mistake. Such judgements are what keep us apart and forever at odds with each other. So, knowing you are perfect, I suppose even your belief in your own imperfection is part of the divine order of things. Perhaps in time, the father within you will reveal his finished work in you and you will reflect in amazement at what you see.

You are perfect in you imperfection.

43Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. 44But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. 46For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? 47And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? 48Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Actually thats exactly what it means. Jesus tells the disciples the meaning of the different idioms later in the chapter. It describes what will happen to the righteous children of God and the wicked children of Satan at the end of the millennium.

I won't deny what the words mean its quite clear, but its not about dividing you from your brother...the time we will be divided is after your death, not during this life time or any other... All will be revealed after you pass.

24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Christ said NO don't divide anything....there will be a time for division but now isn't the time.

This isn't a reference to some crazy rapture in the near future... Though im sure you believe thats what it says. If im not mistaken you are a believer in the whole rapture thing am i not correct.

I've already explained in other threads that the rapture "according to christians" will never happen...ever.

And it says nothing about the end of the millenium either my friend... You're waiting for something that will never happen.

edit on 27-4-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Christ said NO don't divide anything....there will be a time for division but now isn't the time.

This isn't a reference to some crazy rapture in the near future... Though im sure you believe thats what it says.

Christ said that the wheat and tares should not be divided until the "end of the world", obviously that's not happening as we speak. Secondly, it cannot mean the rapture because the "tares" are removed from the Earth and cast into hell.

But this is getting quite a bit off topic, it was merely important to say that Christ warned there would be wolves in sheep's clothing and tares among the wheat. Therefore, we shouldn't be surprised like the OP seems to be when they are observed in the church.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Glad to see we agree on some things...

What will you do to those wolves in sheeps clothing though, will you cast them out or accept them for who they are?

Are you a wheat, or a tare... For the wheat grows with the tares, its not removed

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Christ isn't found in acts. He is found within you.

Umm, I think you should re-read what I said, it didn't include the idea that Christ exists in a letter from Luke. Ponder the context in which Christ was speaking before the new covenant and after the new covenant was established.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

What will you do to those wolves in sheeps clothing though, will you cast them out or accept them for who they are?

Well, since Jesus said the tares are "children of the devil" I certainly won't 'accept them as they are'. Likewise, I am not an angel so I also will not be gathering the tares together to cast them into the fires of Hell. Christ said to "beware" of them, which I take to mean to not follow their doctrines of demons/man. And not to allow them to be teachers in the church.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Well, since Jesus said the tares are "children of the devil" I certainly won't 'accept them as they are'. Likewise, I am not an angel so I also will not be gathering the tares together to cast them into the fires of Hell. Christ said to "beware" of them, which I take to mean to not follow their doctrines of demons/man. And not to allow them to be teachers in the church.

Simply put, children of the devil are people obsessed with the material world. But why won't you accept them for who they are? If you can't convert them and they continue to believe what they believe are they cast out from your sight? You already know what they believe is wrong, but you can't change that....so what do you do?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join