It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

shouldn't we worry about a possible nuke being transported inter-state rather than into the US???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
shouldn't the government (or whoever is in charge of doing this) be MORE concerned about terrorists bringing a nuke to its destination by inter-state traveling rather than terrorists bringing a nuke into the country???

lets face it, terrorists (sleeper cells???) might be able to build a nuke while they are in the us, so why are we concerned with the country's boarders so much???

if you were a terrorist, would you risk getting caught while trying to bring it into the us after working so hard on building it OR would you build the nuke inside the belly of america and bring it to its destination...

i think that inter-state security sucks...

all a terrorist has to do is put the nuke in a car / truck and pay the toll in between each state and then look for a sign that says: "welcome to New York", right???

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
shouldn't the government (or whoever is in charge of doing this) be MORE concerned about terrorists bringing a nuke to its destination by inter-state traveling rather than terrorists bringing a nuke into the country???

lets face it, terrorists (sleeper cells???) might be able to build a nuke while they are in the us, so why are we concerned with the country's boarders so much???

if you were a terrorist, would you risk getting caught while trying to bring it into the us after working so hard on building it OR would you build the nuke inside the belly of america and bring it to its destination...

all a terrorist has to do is put the nuke in a car / truck and pay the toll in between each state and then look for a sign that says: "welcome to New York", right???

Build a nuke?

"Gee, that looks like an uranium enrichment plant in that guys back yard"
"Nah, thats just the reactor he built there last year."

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Suitcase nukes of the type most people talk about these days are high tech gadgets that cant just be thrown together in a garage. The very best I think someone could do from a normal house would be build a dirty bomb. And even that owuld require getting ahold of enough radioactive material to make it work. That then brings us back to garding our boarders against radioactive material.

- Was

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangeroftheeast

Build a nuke?

"Gee, that looks like an uranium enrichment plant in that guys back yard"
"Nah, thats just the reactor he built there last year."

sry im thinking WORST CASE thing sry...

ok...

a dirty bomb then...

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
A sleeper cell could not build a nuke within the USA - no chance of that. That however is not the same as a sleeper cell being in possession of the oft mentioned suitcase nuke.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Without violating civil rights, how could you implement more interstate security? On the borders it's obviously warrented to search peoples cars and trucks, but how could you do this inside without turning the place in to a police state?

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   

And that is a problem?

I understand your concerns, but to divide the states into "internal passport" needed zones, is highly unconstitutional, and is against the basis of this country. Freedom.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
i am NOT saying in any way (or at least not trying to) trying to make ideas for america being turned into a police state, as i am against that...

i am just making a general statement: it is very easy for a terrorist to bring a nuke OR dirty bomb OR ANY weopon from one state to another without ANY government official knowing...

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

i am NOT saying in any way (or at least not trying to) trying to make ideas for america being turned into a police state, as i am against that...

i am just making a general statement: it is very easy for a terrorist to bring a nuke OR dirty bomb OR ANY weopon from one state to another without ANY government official knowing...

Same in any nation. It can happen in dictatorships, and communist nations.

You cannot watch everything that everyone does at all times.

Look out the window when you are driving.

How many cars might have a suitcase nuke in them?

How can you tell which one would?

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel

Same in any nation. It can happen in dictatorships, and communist nations.

You cannot watch everything that everyone does at all times.

Look out the window when you are driving.

How many cars might have a suitcase nuke in them?

How can you tell which one would?

good question i DONT know the answer that is why i am having this discusion!!!

all i said was: it is very easy for a terrorist to bring a nuke OR dirty bomb OR ANY weopon from one state to another without ANY government official knowing...

NOW...

lets ALL help and ALL give ideas on how to prevent terrorists from bringing any weapon from one state to another WITHOUT violating constitutional freedoms and laws...

happy???

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
If we had border security at every state line, then the terrorists would
just build the bomb in the state they plan to set it off in...

If there are sleeper cells in the US they must be in some deep sleep.
Don't you think 9/11 would have woke them up?
Suposedly the terrorists attacked us, so why didn't the cells become active then and take advantage of the fear and confusion of a first strike?
What are they waiting for?
It doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Suposedly the terrorists attacked us, so why didn't the cells become active then and take advantage of the fear and confusion of a first strike?

for this discussion we are pretending that the "terrorists" are infact terrorists and NOT government propoganda or tools of the government

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I guess thats the whole pourpose of the Patriot act. Doesn't mean it won't violate our rights, just means they have a paper saying they can if they want to.

The whole sniper thing showed how they would do it tho. Here is what happens:

Remember how they stopped traffic on 95 while they dragged the drivers of many white vans and trucks out of their vehicles at gunpoint and lay on the road while dogs and men searched their stuff only to find nothing.

Remember Donald Rumsfelf offering military drones to scout the area looking for barrel flash from guns?

Remember every federal agency crawling around this area like maggots on rotten meat?

I remember all that. I live in northern Virginia. At the time I could see I95 from my apartment, I could also see traffic at a standstill the day they shut down 95. I also remember seeing Police everywhere, didn't make me feel any safer. Infact, the police were not the ones that cracked this case. It was an ordinary citizen.

Perhaps it was all a dry run to see how easy they could herd people when they do decide to implement such measures again. Be it a terrorist attack, natural disaster, civil unrest, or what ever, they know basicly how people will react when faced with fear.

Herd um up!

Should the athorities be allowed to infered scan peoples homes like they use to for grow rooms, untill it was made illegal to do so? An invasion of privacy, plain and simple.

Should there be a checkpoint at every state line where you are subject to search?

I think it's fine the way it is (actually the way it was), but I think it's all a way of life that has slipped thru our fingers. I only see it getting worse unforuniatly.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by baked
I guess thats the whole pourpose of the Patriot act. Doesn't mean it won't violate our rights, just means they have a paper saying they can if they want to.

The whole sniper thing showed how they would do it tho. Here is what happens:

Remember how they stopped traffic on 95 while they dragged the drivers of many white vans and trucks out of their vehicles at gunpoint and lay on the road while dogs and men searched their stuff only to find nothing.

Remember Donald Rumsfelf offering military drones to scout the area looking for barrel flash from guns?

Remember every federal agency crawling around this area like maggots on rotten meat?

I remember all that. I live in northern Virginia. At the time I could see I95 from my apartment, I could also see traffic at a standstill the day they shut down 95. I also remember seeing Police everywhere, didn't make me feel any safer. Infact, the police were not the ones that cracked this case. It was an ordinary citizen.

Perhaps it was all a dry run to see how easy they could herd people when they do decide to implement such measures again. Be it a terrorist attack, natural disaster, civil unrest, or what ever, they know basicly how people will react when faced with fear.

Herd um up!

Should the athorities be allowed to infered scan peoples homes like they use to for grow rooms, untill it was made illegal to do so? An invasion of privacy, plain and simple.

Should there be a checkpoint at every state line where you are subject to search?

I think it's fine the way it is (actually the way it was), but I think it's all a way of life that has slipped thru our fingers. I only see it getting worse unforuniatly.

VERY GOOD...

i ALSO remember the sniper and his son killing people and the cops going crazy and doing radical things to find them...

REMEMBER when i said: i am NOT saying in any way (or at least not trying to) trying to make ideas for america being turned into a police state, as i am against that...

REMEMBER when i said: it is very easy for a terrorist to bring a nuke OR dirty bomb OR ANY weopon from one state to another without ANY government official knowing... (my general statement)

im just pointing out that security sucks on state boarders and the government is ONLY concerned with the american-mexican boarder AND american-canadian boarder...

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Theyre waiting because they likely dont exist. Not to say the terrorists dont exist, but this fear of them using nuclear weapons, or bio weapons, is probably just the carrot the Bush administration is holding in front of the donkeys face (the donkey being public fear). They continue to get support because they keep this fear alive. Cmon people, they probably would have used it by now. If they have a nuke in the USA, suitcase or otherwise, why would they wait to get caught? How hard would it be to pull off the attack? Not too hard I would imagine, just drive to the middle of a city and detonate, no planning or logistics needed there. Just push the button. Not to say its impossible either, but we have seen the Bush administration conveniently come out with urgent terror warnings every time something goes politically wrong for him. But I understand the need for this discussion, as anything is possible, but not likely. And since the Aussie Bloke hoax is over, something needs to fill the doomsday prediction void.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Theyre waiting because they likely dont exist. Not to say the terrorists dont exist, but this fear of them using nuclear weapons, or bio weapons, is probably just the carrot the Bush administration is holding in front of the donkeys face (the donkey being public fear). They continue to get support because they keep this fear alive. Cmon people, they probably would have used it by now. If they have a nuke in the USA, suitcase or otherwise, why would they wait to get caught? How hard would it be to pull off the attack? Not too hard I would imagine, just drive to the middle of a city and detonate, no planning or logistics needed there. Just push the button. Not to say its impossible either, but we have seen the Bush administration conveniently come out with urgent terror warnings every time something goes politically wrong for him. But I understand the need for this discussion, as anything is possible, but not likely. And since the Aussie Bloke hoax is over, something needs to fill the doomsday prediction void.

for this discussion we are pretending that the "terrorists" are infact terrorists and NOT government propoganda or tools of the government

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
My statment wasn't directed at you, sorry if I came across that way.

It was basicly a reminder of how these things can get way out of hand before people realise they are at the mercy of the government. In this case it was all caused (suposedly) by a crazy ex-army muslim and his underage illegal alien sidekick. All that caused by a kid and a nut job (suposedly). So what kind of damage could those with tactical experience and more than a quarter brain cause?

Once again, didn't mean to come off as lashing at you. I wasn't lashing at all. Just reminding!
Baked

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
No, I didnt mean to suggest that the terrorists arent real. I am not one of those people. I believe in terrorists, but I also believe the Bush government "fancies" things up a bit to achieve their goals thats all.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by baked
My statment wasn't directed at you, sorry if I came across that way.

It was basicly a reminder of how these things can get way out of hand before people realise they are at the mercy of the government. In this case it was all caused (suposedly) by a crazy ex-army muslim and his underage illegal alien sidekick. All that caused by a kid and a nut job (suposedly). So what kind of damage could those with tactical experience and more than a quarter brain cause?

Once again, didn't mean to come off as lashing at you. I wasn't lashing at all. Just reminding!
Baked

apology accepted!

that WAS a good reminder also

27jd---

i ALSO believe bush and his peeps ONLY bring fear into people and this will make some people vote for them...

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Ok LOL
In that case OMG there are a bunch of arabic lookin ppl living in my apartment building and they all have big suitcases. I've seen them, honest. One of them has carrier pigeons and a big beard. I was chatting with him one day and I mentioned I was feeling sleepy, he gave me a funny look. Then he said he had to go, flying lesson to attend.
(to the powers that be reading this, I'm just kidding, no need to visit me)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join