It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awe Inspiring Giant Ant Hill Excavated

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
Welfare drones do much the same thing in project housing all across Amerika...and with less energy and determination than ants have to work with

I dont know anything about welfare drones ..thanks for your reply

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Welfare Drones are a subspecies of human that lives in Section 8/Project Housing.They are expected to get by on whatever their government gives them on the 3rd of each month,they are allowed to steal,sell dope and live as animals any way they choose and,in return,every two years they are expected to get on a bus to the local polls and vote a straight democratic ticket.
The story of the ants is inspiring,but I was pointing out that other groups can do pretty much the same thing with less intelligence

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg

Welfare Drones are a subspecies of human that lives in Section 8/Project Housing.They are expected to get by on whatever their government gives them on the 3rd of each month,they are allowed to steal,sell dope and live as animals any way they choose and,in return,every two years they are expected to get on a bus to the local polls and vote a straight democratic ticket.
The story of the ants is inspiring,but I was pointing out that other groups can do pretty much the same thing with less intelligence

Thanks for clearing that up but i have nothing to say on that subject i dont know enough about it to make a reply..thanks for posting~~

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
We could learn a lot from the ant.

Any evidence of any civilization basing its societal structure on an animal/insect observations?

That would be cool.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdocpublishing
We could learn a lot from the ant.

Any evidence of any civilization basing its societal structure on an animal/insect observations?

That would be cool.

hi sdocpublishing
Thats a good question i will have to look it up but as far as i know there is none and yes it would be neat..thank you for posting

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
All i can say is WOW what a great find, thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by avvie
All i can say is WOW what a great find, thanks for sharing.

your very welcome avvie
Im glad you enjoyed it

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Incredible. As a child I used to love ants - I played with ant farms, read books about them and studied ant nests in my back garden. Somewhere deep inside my 9 year old self is overjoyed at this spectacular discovery.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamwarder
Incredible. As a child I used to love ants - I played with ant farms, read books about them and studied ant nests in my back garden. Somewhere deep inside my 9 year old self is overjoyed at this spectacular discovery.

I rember doing the same thing i use to put food out and watch them carry it away as a kid that was fun
thank you for your reply

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Ants are great, their societies are mind baffling not only because the "infrastucture" BUT by the fact that an ant hill works like a giant brain.
Bees are also awesome, maybe even more awesome than ants

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Yeah, this is very interesting and reveals the group-hive-intelligence and nature's complexity at work. But when I watched the vid a couple of days ago I couldn't help but feel sorry for the hundreds of thousands (millions?) of ants these guys killed in their quest for knowledge. Like a giant magnifying glass burning them up, only this one made of cement. So here is one poster passing along a RIP to the ants who died in the name of "cool vid!" and groundbreaking (literally) zoological and scientific knowlege.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by testradio
Ants are great, their societies are mind baffling not only because the "infrastucture" BUT by the fact that an ant hill works like a giant brain.
Bees are also awesome, maybe even more awesome than ants

Ants and Bees are awesome,Its amazeing how those insects all work together and do what the do
thanks for your reply

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
Yeah, this is very interesting and reveals the group-hive-intelligence and nature's complexity at work. But when I watched the vid a couple of days ago I couldn't help but feel sorry for the hundreds of thousands (millions?) of ants these guys killed in their quest for knowledge. Like a giant magnifying glass burning them up, only this one made of cement. So here is one poster passing along a RIP to the ants who died in the name of "cool vid!" and groundbreaking (literally) zoological and scientific knowlege.

Nature is wonderful isnt it
there were no ants killed the hive was empty the ants had long ago left so no harm was done to our tiny friends

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Thanks! This makes the video more interesting to me. But why would the ants move? When they had such an amazing city (nation?), I would think that twentith or hundreth generations down-line would be living in the mound. But, yes, thanks for the info.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister

Thanks! This makes the video more interesting to me. But why would the ants move? When they had such an amazing city (nation?), I would think that twentith or hundreth generations down-line would be living in the mound. But, yes, thanks for the info.

Good question i dont know why they moved seems like they would have stayed and went on but it seems they didnt ,,thanks for your reply

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Fascinating yes...

But given what was uncovered, and the complexity of it, and the size of it - did we witness a genocide as they were pouring the cement into the structure?

Complex structures require complex intelligence.

Would have thought a mod would have bothered to read the thread. As many have stated, the queen had died and the workers already moved on when this was done. There were very few ants remaining when they flushed it with cement. So no, there was no genocide.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by 420CUMMINS
that is rad.

Thanks! Im glad you enjoyed it

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by BriggsBU

Originally posted by neformore

Fascinating yes...

But given what was uncovered, and the complexity of it, and the size of it - did we witness a genocide as they were pouring the cement into the structure?

Complex structures require complex intelligence.

Would have thought a mod would have bothered to read the thread. As many have stated, the queen had died and the workers already moved on when this was done. There were very few ants remaining when they flushed it with cement. So no, there was no genocide.

Its not just the mod many dont read the threads so i just nicley point out they didnt die not much else i can do and the mods are often busy so its ok

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I loled when they started pouring the cement into the holes. They were like "F the ants" lol.

then when there's a tiny ant walking on the cement formation of one of their tunnel he's all like "wtf happened to our awesome city O_o"

Interesting video though ! Thanks for sharing !

Flagged !
edit on 1-5-2011 by ZikhaN because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2011 by ZikhaN because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join