It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awe Inspiring Giant Ant Hill Excavated

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I knew that those pesky little buggers were up to something!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by inven104u2
I knew that those pesky little buggers were up to something!

lol yep..watch out they might be digging right under your house as your looking at ATS theads

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I hate bugs but scientists doing this killed billions of ants and destroyed a wonder that most likely took years to build, in order to satisfy their curiosity.

Doesn't seem right. IMO

I understand what you mean, but in the greater scheme of things these ants are probably 1/1000th the amount that are actualy in the world, quite possibly evenless significant than that.

But The things these ant are doing is truly amazing. If people weren't considered with only making themselves happy then we might get something done. Truly a great find, thank you for sharing.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by THEuntouchable

Originally posted by jude11

I hate bugs but scientists doing this killed billions of ants and destroyed a wonder that most likely took years to build, in order to satisfy their curiosity.

Doesn't seem right. IMO

I understand what you mean, but in the greater scheme of things these ants are probably 1/1000th the amount that are actualy in the world, quite possibly evenless significant than that.

But The things these ant are doing is truly amazing. If people weren't considered with only making themselves happy then we might get something done. Truly a great find, thank you for sharing.

THEuntouchable
Thank you for your post ..yes there is still billions of ants left in this world ..and ants are amazing they work together live together in peace they onley take what they need to live and we can learn something from them..also im glad you enjoyed to thread

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Nice video, but what happen to the ants, did they died?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkNova
Nice video, but what happen to the ants, did they died?

thanks for the reply..no the ants moved on to find another queen..when they filled the hive with cement the ants were already gone the hive was empty..

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Cool, those ants have better roads than us.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkNova

Cool, those ants have better roads than us.

Welcome to ATS DarkNova i see your new and here is your frist star and the road building is true

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Well I'll be!
That's crazy though, they're all slaves too though.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
You ever feel like really cool and interesting topics are posted so as to divert our attention somewhere else?

Why is this a top subject. It has nothing to do with anything secret, or top secret...or even above top secret.

Were all being played. I really dont understand what the hell these ants have to do with anything thats going on in the world right now.

What conspiracy is being discussed on these ants? What is being speculated?

Late

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mthgs602

I don't really care if something isn't a conspiracy. It's the mix of amazing stuff on ats that makes it what it is. And this is very a thee essy indeed.imo

These not so conspi topics are as good as, if not better than the average thinfoilers. The information one can dig out of these nsc topics is probably far more definite so there be far less debunking going on. There is no boring bickering between believers/disbelievers. Just people enjoying the core of the topic and the inevitable one or two poor lost soles being distracted from what they deem more important.

When your attention is being diverted, why blame others for that?

My answer to your question is no, I don't feel like that. This topic is on the toplist because the hive put it there.

You even helped lay the "chemtrail" to this topic because I don't look at the toplist. I refresh the "recent post" tab and now it gained another s&f because of your post.

Epic.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
We underestimate the power of nature.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mthgs602
You ever feel like really cool and interesting topics are posted so as to divert our attention somewhere else?

Why is this a top subject. It has nothing to do with anything secret, or top secret...or even above top secret.

Were all being played. I really dont understand what the hell these ants have to do with anything thats going on in the world right now.

What conspiracy is being discussed on these ants? What is being speculated?

Late

Thank you for writing, I appreciate your opinion though I don't know why you needed to insult me.There is hundreds of other threads on ATS that are conspiracy related if you dont like this then find another that suits you

edit on 27-4-2011 by sugarcookie1 because: the ants made me do it..

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by unknownman024

Well I'll be!
That's crazy though, they're all slaves too though.

thanks for the reply
yes there all slaves to there queen...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warpthal
We underestimate the power of nature.

your right i think we do sometimes..thanks for posting

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Poor ants, but other than that, this is amazing. We humans think we're the most intelligent creatures on this planet, and if ants are intelligent enough to make such a complex home and even have their own cooperative tribes, then maybe that concludes animals like cats are as smart as us. It's known a cat has an IQ of a 7 year old, but perhaps they are just as developed as us and could do similar things if they had hands, etc? It's time we realize that critters big and small are just as important as we are.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This is amazing, now I feel bad about killing the ants when I was a kid. It really does prove how little we know about the world around us, that's for sure. It also proves just how much we can accomplish if we put our minds to it... I wonder if other insects have huge "cities" too, just last night I was thinking about bees.. it's finally starting to warm up where I live, and yesterday was the first I've seen bees flying around this year... so while being bored and trying to get to sleep last night, I found myself thinking about thousands of random things like usual.. and I was wondering where the bees go during the winter? I think it's safe to assume that they just hibernate in their hives during the winter, but it's funny - because I've never seen a bee hive anywhere out in the snow, have any of you?

If they don't hibernate in the winter, where do they go.. inside the trees?

Birds also make their nests, but do they live in the same nest all the time, or do they keep moving from place to place, only to stay and rest in their nests when it's time to give birth... I don't know, do you?

What about beetles, moths, flies, grasshoppers - where do they all go during the winter?? Underground?

Even weirder are the Cicadas, they live underground for several years - I think it's like 14 years off the top of my head but it might be even longer like 28... when they come above ground to reproduce - creating a lot of very strange, loud "buzzing" noise when it happens - that's how I know what they are... just some more strange stuff for people to think about.

Brood XIX of 2011.
:: Edit - the cicadas live for 17 years according to the university of michigan - I added a link to their website ::
Nice work sugarcookie

edit on 27-4-2011 by Time2Think because: added links.

edit on 27-4-2011 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by catswithbigpaws
Poor ants, but other than that, this is amazing. We humans think we're the most intelligent creatures on this planet, and if ants are intelligent enough to make such a complex home and even have their own cooperative tribes, then maybe that concludes animals like cats are as smart as us. It's known a cat has an IQ of a 7 year old, but perhaps they are just as developed as us and could do similar things if they had hands, etc? It's time we realize that critters big and small are just as important as we are.

what a wonderful post thank you..I agree cats are very smart i have a few if my cats had hands id be in trouble they would be into everything lol ..and yes critters big and small are just as important as we are i know my animals are like family

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Time2Think
This is amazing, now I feel bad about killing the ants when I was a kid. It really does prove how little we know about the world around us, that's for sure. It also proves just how much we can accomplish if we put our minds to it... I wonder if other insects have huge "cities" too, just last night I was thinking about bees.. it's finally starting to warm up where I live, and yesterday was the first I've seen bees flying around this year... so while being bored and trying to get to sleep last night, I found myself thinking about thousands of random things like usual.. and I was wondering where the bees go during the winter? I think it's safe to assume that they just hibernate in their hives during the winter, but it's funny - because I've never seen a bee hive anywhere out in the snow, have any of you?

If they don't hibernate in the winter, where do they go.. inside the trees?

Birds also make their nests, but do they live in the same nest all the time, or do they keep moving from place to place, only to stay and rest in their nests when it's time to give birth... I don't know, do you?

What about beetles, moths, flies, grasshoppers - where do they all go during the winter?? Underground?

Even weirder are the Cicadas, they live underground for several years - I think it's like 14 years off the top of my head but it might be even longer like 28... when they come above ground to reproduce - creating a lot of very strange, loud "buzzing" noise when it happens - that's how I know what they are... just some more strange stuff for people to think about.

Brood XIX of 2011.
:: Edit - the cicadas live for 17 years according to the university of michigan - I added a link to their website ::
Nice work sugarcookie

edit on 27-4-2011 by Time2Think because: added links.

edit on 27-4-2011 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

If they don't hibernate in the winter, where do they go here is the answer?
Honeybees don't hibernate but remain in their hive when it is too cold to fly. Workers that are alive in the fall stay alive throughout the winter. They surround their queen forming a "bee ball" made up of constantly moving bees. This movement creates warmth that keeps the hive from freezing. For another example, the bald faced hornet queen will go underground and hibernate, usually under a log, while all her workers die off after the first hard frost.

Most insects stay here year round. They employ a variety of tactics for survival. One is simply to move in with humans. Insects such as ladybird beetles (ladybugs), cluster flies, elm leaf beetles and boxelder bugs overwinter as adults in wall voids, attics and other out-of-the-way places in homes and other structures.

Some kinds of adult insects can endure long periods of extreme cold
while hibernating if those periods are continuous -- not interrupted by
warm thawing days -- and some, believe it or not, survive being
frozen.

Some of the moths --especially the tent caterpillar, bagworm,
cankerworm, gypsy moth and other injurious kinds -- pass through
winter as masses of eggs. The woolly bear caterpillar, larva of the
Isabella tiger moth, is a familiar example of those which hibernate in
the larval stage. The caterpillars of many kinds of moths, however,
spin silken cocoons around them and change into pupae before winter
comes. ..

Many birds migrate in the fall. Because the trip can be dangerous, some travel in large flocks..Most birds migrate shorter distances..Nests are simply used as nurseries. Birds do not stay in a nest once the babies are old enough to live on their own. Birds live in trees and bushes. Females only stay in a nest if there are eggs or little ones.

and thank you for the links i will read up on those and thanks for your reply

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Welfare drones do much the same thing in project housing all across Amerika...and with less energy and determination than ants have to work with

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join