It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awe Inspiring Giant Ant Hill Excavated

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZikhaN
I loled when they started pouring the cement into the holes. They were like "F the ants" lol.

then when there's a tiny ant walking on the cement formation of one of their tunnel he's all like "wtf happened to our awesome city O_o"

Interesting video though ! Thanks for sharing !

Flagged !
edit on 1-5-2011 by ZikhaN because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2011 by ZikhaN because: (no reason given)

Thank you for the bump and im glad you like the video !

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Wow this is incredible, Imagine if humans had the collective drive and determination of ants, lol. Sounds silly but there would be nothing we could not accomplish

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Navillus

Wow this is incredible, Imagine if humans had the collective drive and determination of ants, lol. Sounds silly but there would be nothing we could not accomplish

Thats very true i think we have the drive but its getting all of together to do this and we know thats never going to happen ..but if you think about we are all slaves in one way or another to our goverment ..thanks for your reply Navillus

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Ya, you are right. It's like some space liens coming down nd leveling our cities just to see how it looks. I feel bad for the ants, if they are smart enough to build that, they probably are smart enough to think what jerks humans really are.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chesster
reply to post by jude11

Ya, you are right. It's like some space liens coming down nd leveling our cities just to see how it looks. I feel bad for the ants, if they are smart enough to build that, they probably are smart enough to think what jerks humans really are.

Lets hope if there is aliens and i think there are
they know enough about us that they never do something like that ..It makes one wonder if the ants have those kind of thoughts about us (that were jerks) or if there just hardwired to keep doing there jobs with no thought for the queen like slaves

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

reply to post by jude11

they know enough about us that they never do something like that ..It makes one wonder if the ants have those kind of thoughts about us (that were jerks) or if there just hardwired to keep doing there jobs with no thought for the queen like slaves

That makes me wonder if we are hard wired to just work our jobs... still amazing even if my keyboard wants to give up, it shouldn't have drank that beer.

But seriously, wonder if the bsics of ant society can be used as a way to interpret our own society's behavior. By the way I suggest everyone watch the documentary ANTS. It was on hulu

www.hulu.com...

Found it hour long and amazing. I suggest everyone watch it and really get this thread poppin.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

reply to post by jude11

That makes me wonder if we are hard wired to just work our jobs... still amazing even if my keyboard wants to give up, it shouldn't have drank that beer.

But seriously, wonder if the bsics of ant society can be used as a way to interpret our own society's behavior. By the way I suggest everyone watch the documentary ANTS. It was on hulu

www.hulu.com...

Found it hour long and amazing. I suggest everyone watch it and really get this thread poppin.

I think we are hardwired in some respects..I've read stories about societies where people support others in times of need do better than societies that leave everyone to fend for themselves. Production often requires team work..There was a study done i don't rember were but study was about circadian rhythm..Its about the pace inside the human brain that governs our daily sleep-wake routine, seems to indicate that we are hardwired to follow an eight-hour working schedule. A number of genes in our bodies is controlled by this rhythm..I watched the video and i strongly suggest everyone watch it it was wonderful and they do have a code to crack they are a super power! We can learn allot for these tiny little alien creatures we have right here on this earth among us ..Thanks you for the link to the doc on ants!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
There was a book written several years ago that touched upon the complexity of ant society.

Emergence: The Connected Lives of Ants, Brains, Cities and Software

For those interested, it's an amazing read that sheds light on this very topic.

Great video!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
There was a book written several years ago that touched upon the complexity of ant society.

Emergence: The Connected Lives of Ants, Brains, Cities and Software

For those interested, it's an amazing read that sheds light on this very topic.

Great video!

I just sent for his book it sounds amazeing i cant wait to read it! thanks for the link that was nice of you and the reply

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

No problem that docu is one of the best. I produce docus and that one blows anything I could ever do away. Seriously everyone check out the hulu doc on ants from previous post you will not regret. And thanks for response appreciate the input and knowledge you dropped.

If anyone has interesting documentaries feel free to share them with me. I literally watch docus 24/7

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

No problem that docu is one of the best. I produce docus and that one blows anything I could ever do away. Seriously everyone check out the hulu doc on ants from previous post you will not regret. And thanks for response appreciate the input and knowledge you dropped.

If anyone has interesting documentaries feel free to share them with me. I literally watch docus 24/7

All i ever watch is the ones on tv like nat geo and History channels ..Lately im into King Henry the 8th been watching some doc on him on utube but there not that good

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

if you'd like I can grab my links and message you a few nice ones. There is so many good ones... but just as many bad ones. I use them to borrow ideas for my projects. The ant one is one of my favorite of all time. I wish it didn't have the annoying commercials.

By the way netflix has a good docu section. You tube is great also except having to stand up to fetch part 2, part 3, and o on every fifteen minutes.. since I refuse to sign in to watch stuff and queue. Mostly cause i am lazy mostly cause why would I want to make it easier for them to market ads to me.

But seriously i've watched the ant one so many times. By the way piratebay.org just type in documentary or nat geo or national geographic and you can download a ton. Pretty interesting ones too. Good luck and enjoy1

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

if you'd like I can grab my links and message you a few nice ones. There is so many good ones... but just as many bad ones. I use them to borrow ideas for my projects. The ant one is one of my favorite of all time. I wish it didn't have the annoying commercials.

By the way netflix has a good docu section. You tube is great also except having to stand up to fetch part 2, part 3, and o on every fifteen minutes.. since I refuse to sign in to watch stuff and queue. Mostly cause i am lazy mostly cause why would I want to make it easier for them to market ads to me.

But seriously i've watched the ant one so many times. By the way piratebay.org just type in documentary or nat geo or national geographic and you can download a ton. Pretty interesting ones too. Good luck and enjoy1

Thanks for your reply Chesster and for the link i will look into it i just love doc's like you most are so interisting

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
wow that is amazing that those little creatures can build something that huge and complex, wow the wanders of nature haha.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

Hi and thanks for posting..Nature sure is amazing and to me they are special little creatures

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It must of took the ants ages to build that then them scientist come along and ruin it

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparkzz

The anthill was deserted for a long time and no ants were harmed..

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I was thinking the exact same thing bud. Poor ants

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Every time we take the time to look closely enough, we always come away amazed at the complexity of the natural world. We all see ant holes on the ground, and give it that much thought until somebody comes along and wonders a little deeper.

And even I ask, hey, don't they have a problem with crime and drugs and corruption like we do? No? Not even one little civil war or ant alcoholic that needs rehab?

Perfect...

I don't think the rest of the bazillion ants on this planet will mind that we stopped to look in on their affairs. I don't think they care, they to busy looking good.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Thank you for the great post ! And your right there to busy looking good and nature is a wonderful thing isn't it

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join