It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tornado: Storm Wreckage Surrounds St. Louis Airport

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
A tornado has ripped off part of the roof at the St. Louis MO airport, throwing
a van into the air, and leaving semi trucks on end.

Air Guard building has been damaged, cars flipped, buildings hit at St. Louis airport.
Semis stand on end in Dellwood, Mo.

A strong tornado damaged parts of an airport in St. Louis when it hit Friday, officials said.
The tornado shattered glass, twisted metal and blew out plate-glass windows in the main terminal at Lambert-St. Louis International Airport, CNN affiliate KSDK reported.

Two people were transported to nearby hospitals with injuries, and others were treated at the airport, KSDK said.

Passengers were hit with flying glass and debris as the twister ripped off part of the roof in the airport's C concourse, the station reported.

www.cnn.com...

www.npr.org...

All windows in Lambert Field, St. Louis, Mo., main terminal have blown away, with extensive roof damage - Stormchaser investmentwatchblog.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/958f8a7630b4.jpg[/atsimg]
Pixture courtesy of:
yfrog.com...
edit on 23-4-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Apr 23 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: mod edit of title, used source title, to reflect accuracy

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Haha this made me laugh. I was literally talking to my cousin not even thirty seconds ago, the air port in Woodson Terrace was hit, I don't think anyone got hurt. Broken windows, and a van hanging out of a parking garage. Thankfully my uncle wasn't there, and no one got hurt.

I would love to be in a tornado ahha

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Looks like your into sensationalism. The airport is hardly wiped out and will be just fine. I'm surprised you haven't connected this to HAARP in some way yet but at least it's a break from all the earthquake doom and gloom, which isn't coming true yet by the way.

Go figure

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I had heard about this a couple of hours ago, but had not seen any video reporting it yet.

Ugly situation this month and it's all getting really ridiculous.

At last report, there have been over 360 tornados in April this year so far (not counting the ones today, obviously). Our normal average for April is about 160. the previous record was 260ish in 1974. We've blown that away for sure.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

It looks serious...at least its not earthquakes on the Madrid Fault!

A powerful storm packing heavy rain, hail and tornadoes pummeled the St. Louis area late Friday, blowing out glass at the airport and overturning cars in the garage, authorities said.

An unknown number of people were injured at the Lambert-St. Louis International Airport, said airport spokesman Jerry Lea. The extent of the injuries was not immediately known.

Digital Daily – subscribe to our daily newsletter

Lea said the injuries were believed to be from shattered glass.
The storm blew out glass on Concord C, airport officials said, and the National Weather Service said the roof may have been blown off

www.ksee24.com... ort-and-overturning-cars-in-the-garage-authorities-said-120526344.html

edit on 22-4-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WillNiendick

I would love to be in a tornado ahha

Childish...sigh...

I would love to see you in one. It is not a fun thing to experience. Everybody shrugs tornadoes off. I can tell you this is no joke. Friend. I would love to not have to worry about tornadoes.

I just made a half as$$ed thread thanking mother nature for sparing me and my family.

I am scared because unlike you I have witnessed a tornado first hand. My town just got hit two days ago. No laughing matter.
edit on 22-4-2011 by liejunkie01 because: just noticed the spelling error...sorry if I missed more

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The global warming is a fact, whether man-made or not, and it's bound to have an effect on weather patterns. Nothing really unusual with seeing an uptick in tornado or sever storm activity.

You will have to look throughout history of weather patterns in this region to see if it's out of the ordinary or not. My guess would be there have been other years in the past that have had wild swings in their weather and this is not an anomoly of any kind yet people will always jump to that conclusion.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Glad to hear you and yours are safe...as for that guy he's a troglodyte, ignore him.

Looks like the airport took a direct hit...

There is a video here of the semis flipped on I-70

www.ksdk.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I am glued to the tv. Ksdk to be exact.

I think that we are out of the worst for now. Scary stuff.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

How recent was this? I've yet to hear any news on this event.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hiwhatsup

The past couple of hours. The thunderstorms will intesify and then die down, really quick.

Here is a link to the weather radar.

www.ksdk.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

From Storm Chasers...here is the one from the 20th...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

That is some scary footage. I would like to think that hunkering down in the bathroom will be safe enough. The more I watch that kind of footage, the more it rattles the nerves. I believe the tornado that touched down the other night here in town was a F1. It was at night. A few spotters seen it, I believe.

Sorry for the little bit of late replies. I am arguing with the 5 year old daughter over the tv.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

No worries, just glad your safe, and your family too!
This makes the black storm clouds in my area today look calm.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Lol kro you know it was haarp because the electric bill for alaska went up slighty when the airport was hit so no other thing to think about you know it just cant be the changing of the seasons but wtf maybe NWO or Japans radiation and i really didnt think it was wiped out he needed flags lol

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I love how the weather channel is essentialy FOX news now.

I like how they changed, what used to be just spaces colored blue, for water, to an animated resresentation of harsh ocean waters.
They also make it a point to show outer space and other stars / galaxys each time they zoom out.
Youll catch a nice "sponsored by NASA" tag on the bottom too.
Trying to get us used to these ideas?

They are also always showing those Severe Weather shows. Like this is all completely normal. Severe Weather is everywhere all the time, no need to worry.

They know exactly whats going on with the weather. The corporations have these scientists, and meteorologists, and astronomers all bought out.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Man- Made ?

Start watching Dutchsinse on you tube. Dutch has found very strange weather radar return patterns and where the patterns appear with in 24 to 48 hours very severe weather appears. S0 far it appears to be 100% reliable. Square patterns and Ring patterns seem to charge to area of focus.

youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Okay. Remaining calm.
There was one long-event tornado (North) and it stimulated probably one other. The other was a semi-long event tornado (South) that merged with North to make a massive bow front storm with straight line winds into Illinois.

We were in the middle of it all (North) and the storm held together very well for many, many miles. Probably due to the humidity and rain St. Louis was experiencing. It fed the storm. When the tornado passed overhead we had extreme pressure drop with ears hurting. Our immed area was ok but a few miles away sustained major damage in neighborhoods.

Lambert Airport will probably re-open by tomorrow.

Thankfully there were no serious injuries.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
they are trying to kill dutchsinse

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I am going to say in defense of myself...

That video in the OP that says *HAARP* either the +HAARP* was not there on the title like that when
I found it - maybe added later - or in my hurriedness I missed it,

I would not have used that video then.

I dont think this was from HAARP...so ok yall lay off the HAARPING.

edit on 23-4-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join