It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Windows coders write buggy code - ON PURPOSE.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I think they write buggy code because they hire coders and not programmers.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
That's what Linux is for. Windows is for people that don't know how to use computers.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
I think they write buggy code because they hire coders and not programmers.

I agree with you there.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
That's what Linux is for. Windows is for people that don't know how to use computers.

And Linux is for arrogant twats who think they are better than others?

I use Linux as a file server in my house because it is free and very low maintenance. I would never use it for a daily PC.. it's just not any comparison on that front.

Good servers, though.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

I use Linux as a file server in my house because it is free and very low maintenance. I would never use it for a daily PC.. it's just not any comparison on that front.

Good servers, though.

Arrogance has nothing to do with it, and I'm no better than anyone else. Linux is open source and Windows is not, and that's the difference. This could never be an issue with Linux.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Apologies... was meant to be a bit toungue in cheek.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarlinGrace

Originally posted by Ahmose
It is absolutely True.

But no worries..
All your PC Troubles can End Here~
Take back your computers.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Good servers, though.

No, it's for intelligent "twats" who like to have control of their own belongings.

("just isnt any comparison")..

You got that right.... lol

Some of you people are soo sad... it is.... well..
saddening...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Many Linux software have # documentation. And add that with the RTFM approach to helping people, and you see how irritating it is to get software to work smoothly.
edit on 22-4-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Ahmose

Many Linux software have # documentation. And add that with the RTFM approach to helping people, and you see how irritating it is to get software to work smoothly.

The "RTFM" approach is FUD.
I've not once encountered anyone telling me to "RTFM" when asking for help with Linux.
How irritating is it? Tell me..
Because I never have any problems getting software to work smoothly.

You are spreading useless F.U.D.
Stop contributing to the ignorance that is soo rampant around here, Please.

If my entire family, and all friends can use Linux daily, with no problems (and they are computer illiterate),
Some of you folks who can't seem to manage.. have serious issues.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by coder22

a friend on the "inside"

Not saying it is not true but until you can name names it's just another unsubstantiated rumor. Who is this person? You need to be able to prove this person is really "on the inside"! Your word is not really good enough in this case even though I do tend think you could be right!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Ahmose

I've not once encountered anyone telling me to "RTFM" when asking for help with Linux.

If my entire family, and all friends can use Linux daily, with no problems (and they are computer illiterate),

They are probably using Windows clones like Ubuntu? It doesn't matter how computer literate you are, you are going to spend hours upon hours fixing things, and you are going to run into crappy documentation, and if you aren't using distros like Ubuntu and want to customize things most users will not be able to help you. You are in denial if you don't think that's the case.
edit on 23-4-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

reply to post by Ahmose

They are probably using Windows clones like Ubuntu? It doesn't matter how computer literate you are, you are going to spend hours upon hours fixing things, and you are going to run into crappy documentation, and if you aren't using distros like Ubuntu and want to customize things most users will not be able to help you. You are in denial if you don't think that's the case.

They are probably using Windows clones like Ubuntu?

lol,
That told me all i need to know about you..

I see this conversation is going to go nowhere, quickly.. lol
I'm not going to converse with someone who doesn't know what they're talking about,
not if they don't even care to be factual.
Your last post clearly showed me that you do not.
So you enjoy yourself..
and I'll enjoy "being in denial".
lol

edit on 23-4-2011 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by coder22

I don't think these bugs are written to spy on your average Joe, these are bugs written for global spying. Governmental stuff.

None of this is true, Microsoft does not write buggy code on purpose, when you patch new stuff it is quite common for new bugs to appear, ask any real hacker (script kiddies dont count) and they'll tell you the best time to exploit code is when a new update comes out, because the first one to hack a new vulnerable spot, is usually the one who can make money off it the fastest, but honestly there is no reason to still be using Windows, when Linux is far more powerful and stable. hell you see those little daemons (the icons on the bottom right hand of your screen) I could exploit maybe 2 out of how ever many you have running and gain access to your computer with a RAT.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Wut? bahaha

edited to say I quoted the wrong person.
edit on 23-4-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

reply to post by Ahmose

lol,

I see this conversation is going to go nowhere, quickly..
I'm not going to converse with soried a distro that's not Ubmuntueone who doesn't know what they're talking about,
not if they don't even care to be factual.
Your last post clearly showed me that you do not.
So you enjoy yourself..
and I'll enjoy "being in denial".
lol

It's openly admitted online. Google "Linux documentation is crap" and see for yourself what even Linux advocates say, since you have not the experience needed to know this. I am both computer literate and have used technical distributions. You will spend hours getting software to work, the documentation will be #, and you will ask users who will then say RTFM, and much of what you search on the web will assume you have a distribution like Ubuntu.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by Ahmose

Wut? bahaha

edit to say Ahmose didnt say this, im just to lazy to skip back a few pages lol.
edit on 23-4-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

haha!

Funny right? lol
Nice to see you mate.

@547000, If I wanted to talk with someone who just repeats what they hear and read, without experience (clearly)
I'll buy a parrot or robot.

edit on 23-4-2011 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

What are you talking about? spending hours getting software to work? your just spewing crap that isn't true, im running a fully customized version of Gentoo, it took me a total of 2 hours to install, set up a GUI, and install commonly used software, and I used the Gentoo documents as a guide, not a single problem was had.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

You too man, glad to see you beat me here first to set straight a few knuckleheads lol

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

No comparsion? are you kidding me my Linux box boots in 7 frickin seconds, from the moment I hit power to the log in screen. Windows 7 a clean install takes at least 15-20 seconds.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join