It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gadaffi was about to trade oil in gold?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I haven't seen this video posted yet, but this is a very interesting interview. I'm not sure what country this is.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Why does this not shock me?? I makes sense of the immediate response by those countries proped up by the "hollow" dollar to rapidly deploy to the alleged aid of civilians under attack.
I am mad as hell at the current financial mess our planet is in...
I am sure that Thomas Jefferson is rolling over in his grave!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
They are going to take all their gold i learned of this Days ago it makes sense gold is so high right now 1500$ an ounce and apparently Gaddafi has 160+ tons of Gold; Yes i said it 160 tons OF GOLD!

So now the Rothschilds want their gold thx nice find S& F

This Russian guy just summed the NWO up in 10 mins NICE find i'd give u 1,000,000 S & F if i could
edit on 21-4-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
The one glaring difference between what occured in Libya, and what occured in the other countries who are facing protests / uprisings, is air power.

Libya, to my knowledge and research, is the only country who used airpower to target the protestors, and was warned to cease those attacks.

While the video presents an intresting theory, there are other possibilities that are far less conspiracy theory driven.

On the conspiracy side, the theory I have seen did not deal with Libya, but the US. It revolved around the US driving up the gold market, and then cashing out, which would pay off the national debt and then some. Supposedly, according to that theory, China would prempt that action with their own sale, driving the price down, taking the carpet out from underneath the US, and then calling in its loans.

There have been a few threads dealing with the silver market as well, and how those prices are being driven up also (silver is around $50 ounce).
edit on 21-4-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I'm not sure what country this is.

It states it at the end-Republic of Moldova.

Gas is 14 cents a liter in Libya? (from the facts at the end of the video) I'm moving there!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

IMO countries are invaded for two reason only..

Resources or/and control of the financial institutions..

Humanity has nothing to do with it...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Possibly but so far its the only difference between all the uprisings, so we cant completely ignore that as a possibility.

I wont dismiss the gold theory out of hand because there is a silver thread around the forums somewhere that walked people through a manipulation theory, and imo it holds some water. Even more with the rate silver value is climbing.

Several states are also talking about adopting the Gold / Silver standard again on their own.

Im not completely convinced, but their is evidence present that might suggest something else is going on.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Possibly but so far its the only difference between all the uprisings, so we cant completely ignore that as a possibility.

I disagree with your theory that it was only due to using air power..

That's only a method of killing..

IMO the no fly zone was put in place as an excuse for further escalation by allowing the coalition to take out ground based defenses..

It's resources and control of the economy they want...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

For about 6 billion dollars in gold? With Gadaffis accounts frozen, all he has left is whats in country and his gold to pay his soldiers and mercenarys. Supposedly his gold has been moved to the south of the country near the border of chad.

I still think the evidence says its because of his use of his airforce.

who knows...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

You really think ALL his accounts are frozen and all he has is gold?
The guys been in power for how long, and stealing the countries wealth?
I'm sure he has more than enough money left..

Well we'll just disagree on the reason for intervention..

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Seems to be the way we debate so thats cool..

Its also possible the reason behind France and Britain and their push on gadaffi might revolve around the release of the terrorist behind PanAm 103 attack.

It was embarassing for the UK Government to be decieved in the manner they were...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Sorry i don't buy the helping civillians thing. So in Bahrain you have Saudi troops invading, killing protesters, raiding hospitals.. very horrible things. Thats ok. These people are unarmed.

Then you have Libya. The rebels somehow became armed from the start, have been very aggressive. Gadaffi uses air power (I guess he did, thats what the MSM tells me) and gets attacked by Nato.

You think if he didn't use Air power, NATO wouldn't have attacked?
edit on 21-4-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

True that, as soon as you hear the word 'humanitarian' you know its just a smoke screen for some NWO agenda genecide Bullsh*t.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

That is what I am saying.. If he didnt use airpower on his people, it would have gone like any other uprising to date.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
if america has a vested interest in the countries that peg commodities to the dollar and those countries then peg their commodities to other commodities like gold americas vested interest is increased. if other countries profit exchanging currency pairs they have a vested interest in market movement. if libya wanted to begin trading oil for gold the repercussions for americans would be as bad as the parties who had a vested interest in the act of the bartered exchange intended. the great thing about this america of mine is that the manipulation of markets in this regard diffuses the proper intent and will behind the culprits who are enemy to capitol and democracy naturally.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

I see people using gold in these debates all the time...

Riddle me this if you dont mind.

How much of the US currency is currently backed by gold?

How much Gold does the United states currently posess?

Libua is not the only ocountry who floated the idea of linking commodities to Gold or other objects. Many other countries are doing this, including several US states who are drawing up legislation to put their states back onto the gold / silver standard.

China and Russia no longer use US dollars in trade between their 2 countries, and China has recently back the Euro to replace the dollar.

Libya is not the linchpin people think they are.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

China and Russia no longer use US dollars in trade between their 2 countries, and China has recently back the Euro to replace the dollar.

Libya is not the linchpin people think they are.

Yeah but the US/NATO would not dare attack Russia/China although on humanitarian grounds China is considered worse than Libya..

Funny that

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

America also has far the worst human rights record aswell.

edit on 22-4-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

America also has far the worst human rights record aswell.

edit on 22-4-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

lol.. please provide us with your evidence.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
On the conspiracy side, the theory I have seen did not deal with Libya, but the US. It revolved around the US driving up the gold market, and then cashing out, which would pay off the national debt and then some.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1d66e4926fbe.jpg[/atsimg]

Some conspiracy theories can be easily deconstructed Xcathdra. The graph represents US national debt as of March 2010 with Gold @ 1100oz. Today with Gold trading @ approx $1508, the total US Gold reserve of 8,133 tonnes would have a market value of just under $400 Billion, while the national debt has exploded to over $14 Trillion in the same 12 month period.

There are several other reasons why this theory is totally impractical, not the least of which would be the negative effect on US treasuries. Imagine the effect on shares of Berkshire Hathaway if it was discovered that Warren Buffet was reduced to pawning family heirlooms to make his mortgage payments.....then quadruple it.

GL

top topics

join