It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are shadow people suddenly acting so strangely

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Well, as a former devoted materialist I can sympathize with your perspective. Witches are no longer burned and our homes are comfortably heated/cooled and diseases have been conquered, etc. just because of logic and materialism... too bad it's only part of the picture.

When you confront the unexplained and are honest with yourself, you have to admit the universe is a big, big place and possibly just one of many. We truly don't know everything.
For those of us not blessed with second sight, we can't be sure what these things are, nevermind if they truly exist in objective reality. But making blanket statements to preserve one's worldview doesn't help and just might be destructive.

At the very least such entrenched beliefs, or dogma, ends possibly informative discussion and exploration.

It's true that once such "wild" ideas are given validity, a slippery slope that ends in ignorance and crapping oneself when it thunders is a possibility. It's duly noted that mental disease exists, but also note that the OP seems rational, as do the many others who have experienced these things (as well as weirder events). Even devoted followers of materialistic dogma can run into the liminal, or threshold areas, once in a while and be amazed.

I hope you someday have the priviledge of an expanded worldview. It's scary and treacherous, but pretty cool.
But perhaps staying indoors mentally, so-to-speak, is in fact safer. Perspective.
edit on 21-4-2011 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

That is the worst quality picture I have ever seen, you have to do better to convince people that ghosts or shadow people are real (hint: they're not)

--------------------------

Griffo, I posted a total of four images on this thread. Did you think they were all terrible? So sorry. I do the best that I can with my crappy 3 megapixel camera. I see from your posts that you pretty much dismiss any ghost photography out of hand, but if you haven't already, please take a look at all four images before rendering judgment.

I know you think you have decisively debunked ghosts and shadow people. All I can offer is my personal experience and admittedly less than perfect amateur attempts at ghost hunting. Griffo, in order for me to accept your conclusions I would have to discard many years of living at close quarters with the haunting phenomena. My wife and I are not wackos, nutcases or druggies. We are, in fact, moderately high-profile, productive members of our community with serious responsibilities.

We did not seek out this phenomena, but it would be an irrational denial of reality for us to reject our own experiences. Thinking one has all the answers is a very strange if common type of self-importance. As I have lived my life I find that the scope of the unknown has grown for me, not lessened, but perhaps you are different, and the mysteries of the world cannot withstand your keen scrutiny.
edit on 21-4-2011 by Elbereth because: clarity

edit on 21-4-2011 by Elbereth because: clarity

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I tried to interact with one i saw again last night (fedora man) to no avail... i tried someones idea of letting it use a pen to draw... but it didn't seem to even acknowledge it, even when i tried to lead by example and drew a picture of a smiling face on it.
But i did become more foreward in my attempts to converse with it, but again the hat mans replies to my movements were cryptic... arm behind back, tilting head... but this time he bent towards me (although the plain shadows didn't leave this time and instead watched me intently... and only jittered sporadically as if making an effort to stay calm)...

i'm curious as to whether the people who claim to talk to them would be kind enough to ask for some answers.

The hat man was pacing last night (before and after i'd tried to talk with him), again he seemed agitated and jittery. and then i was visited (while mr fedora was still there) by three hoods, they don't scare me so again i tried some basic communication signals, they looked at fedora man and then left (they were only there maybe, a minute and a half). the regular shadows left when the hooded ones came.
i've only VERY rarely even seen a hooded shadow... so possibly they are taking more of an interest in me now because i'm trying to communicate with them.

If anyone else isn't scared by them i would advise attempted communication and maybe we'll get to the bottom of this.

Originally posted by eagleeye2

1- What are they doing here ? or on this dimension ?
2- Do they always run out when you switch a light or light a candle on?
3- Being unable to take a snapshot of them is it safe to assume a camera could be use as a repellent?
4- Does they scared you in any way?
5- If i understand shadow people are different from ghost and soul? if so, in what way ?
6- Acording to you, what drives a shadow people to go at some shadowy place rather than another?

1. i don't know... possibly something is going on in their world and causing it to collide with ours (that's only speculation though)
2. Some people claim that they leave when a light is switched on, but in my experience this is not the case.
3. they seem to be spooked when you first get one out but... no even when i've left my webcam on recording a video until one showed up... they don't appear on a normal camera, and i think that they know this.
4. Some people have reported intense fear... but personally i feel slightly protected and at ease around them
5. they don't seem bound by scripture, human will, or any other conventional means of banishing them.
6. i don't quite understand this sorry...

again if anybody has a possible way for me to communicate with them i'd love to hear it...

EDIT: if anybody wants a reply to anything... you'll have to post soon, i'm only gonna be online for about 15 minutes...
edit on 21/4/11 by ZombieFinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Perhaps you could try placing candles with corresponding images in a line on a sturdy table or dresser. Use something simple to start such as happy faces like the ones use at a hospital to describe pain scales. Range from sad, happy, angry or even add one with a question mark over the head. Place the candles unlit on the images where they can still be viewed and ask that they select the one they are by tipping the candle if they have they ability. Then later ask what they want. Even attempting this exercise with phtographs may help.

I would perform this but my house does not seem to sit still due to location (not in Japan though) so I feel I would not get an appropriate response might give it a try anyway though. I do not think they use doors or show up on cameras due to metallic interferences or perhaps their structure in our realm. While smoke can sit on a floor it can not use a door enough smoke can move some objects provided there are enough particulates in the air, such as volcanic plumes moving objects in its wake.

I would like to experiment with things to try capturing images without upsetting them. Perhaps a metal background to prevent rapid disruption of material or using smoke walls. I think the smoke would be the most complicated as it would be too simple to "see" something or anything in such an environment. I will keep you posted.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The more posts I read on this thread the more convinced I am that people who claim to see and even interact with "shadow people" have a serious problem separating fantasy from reality. We have gone from a dark figure in our peripheral vision that disappears when you look directly at it, to people who claim to talk to them and see them on a regular basis. I know it is sometimes fun to let our imaginations run wild but what is more likely?....an optical illusion caused by the mechanics of vision, light & shadows, or entities from another dimension that have nothing better to do than terrorize people?

The very fact that this seems to occur all over the world tells me that this is a just a trick of the mind.

I do not mean to demean those that claim that this is real. I am just offering my opinion based on the posts as they become more and more sensational.
edit on 4/21/2011 by Sparky63 because: punctuation

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by UdderlyInsane

i don't have enough tippable (?) candles to do that but i will draw some basic images on paper in marker and point to them and see if it replies.
i've also noticed that there are subtle differences between some shadow people... face shapes mainly, but it's not REALLY obvious as their features aren't as obvious as ours anyway.

i'm thinking maybe putting on a similar hat to the hat mans (i have a few fedoras lying around...) and taking it off... maybe he'll respond by removing... or at least acknowledging his own hat... and maybe this'll let him know that people can discern between their different types/ranks/whatever...

Meh! dunno if it'll work but i guess anythings worth a shot.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

I've seen my dog react to them so that put to rest for me any consideration the entire phenomena itself is a figment of my imagination. My dog isn't particularly imaginative. Of all my years of dog ownership, this one I have now has got to be the most simple beast I've ever met. I can train my cats to do more than I can this dog.

My cats used to chase the smaller cat sized shadow blobs that dart around here. Maybe they still do. But I now largely keep the cats confined to two rooms of the house while we remodel so I have not been keeping track of their reactions lately.

I mostly perceive the blobs either peripherally. Sometimes I get to see them almost straight on yet I can't quite seem to focus somehow because they move just fast enough to stay out of the direct center of my vision. The only time I see a stationery one so far is either very peripherally or when I'm in sleep paralysis or coming out of sleep, not in sleep paralysis but waking gradually. Even then I only see a blobby shape, no indications of outlines of clothing. It could very well be that I am not seeing the same thing everyone else is discussing. I do know my father sees them the same way I do.

I do see them in full daytime indoors. I see them then sometimes as a flicker in mirrors. Or as peripheral movement. Blobs when I awaken from a nap. So I am not sure why some people experience them as running off when lights are turned on.

Could some of my sightings be a figment of my imagination? I would be a fool to discount the possibility. Still, when in doubt, why not add my observations to the list. We can sift out the false sightings as we grow in knowledge about the phenomena.
edit on 21-4-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Clarifying a point

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been pointed out but could the shadow beings be freaking out because of what's being discussed in our new headline thread? www.abovetopsecret.com... That is about the changing sun and its new effects on earth.

As I have mentioned elsewhere on ATS I just found a newly discovered ability to feel communication from trees. (no I am not crazy, crazy people don't function in society as well as I do, at most I'm everyone's favorite eccentric aunt, okay). Something is afoot on our blue sphere. One can only sit back and let events unfold as they may.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Let's just say this: Things are not as they seem to be. Likely is unlikely, unlikely is highly likely, and all points in between are true too. This linear logic people think is still functional may find more success if they let go of these preconceived notions about "logical", "rational", "likely", "probable", and so forth. Open your eyes and as you do this, please open your mind at the same time. You will be amazed. Nothing is as it seems to be.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by eagleeye2
thanks for taking the time to answered my question, but theres one that is bugging me.

About the camera thing, i'm not trying to contradict but more to understand, one thing.

So they are from another dimension, if you try to take a photo they will scatter.

So they know what a kodak is then. They know, in their dimension the purpose of it.

If you consider hierarchy, we can consider some form of intelligence.

So maybe we could try to play tricks on them.

Maybe we could try to understand how intelligent they are using a broken cameras to see if they understand the camera is not working.

if they bother not getting photograph from someone in another dimension maybe its important?

Perhaps they scatter from a camera for the same reason they scatter from light sources-- they know that these things are "flash boxes", and maybe they look at a human holding a camera in the same way a policeman aiming a gun at a human... I know this will sound cliche'-ish, or maybe even perfectly fictional-- but since they're shadow people, perhaps light hurts or harms them. The few times that I've seen them, it has always been extremely dark, and a lot of people's descriptions in this thread (those that have seen them) have the shadow people appearing at night, or in the dark.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieFinny

but again the hat mans replies to my movements were cryptic... arm behind back, tilting head

again if anybody has a possible way for me to communicate with them i'd love to hear it

Put your arm behind your back and tilt your head. See what the one with the hat does then.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

No, that's what I was saying. What I was trying to put across was a rational, scientific explanation. How dare you call me close minded

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by positracker

I've seen eye floaters. I've never seen eye floaters look like shadow people. Nice try though. At least it wasn't a link to schizophrenia symptoms.
edit on 21-4-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
While some claim to see shadow people out of the corner of their eye and others in dreams, I am curious if anyone adept at OBE ever sees them (especially the hat men). Wouldn't they more be able to communicate with and even chase them?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by itsallmaya

Ah good question, furthermore, what about RV? Have any remote viewers reported anything about shadow men? I saw some posts that were talking about shadow men perhaps going to/from the moon, maybe that has something to do with the men Ingo Swan saw when he RV'd the moon?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by itsallmaya

That is a great point, I have never seen any of these during astral or OBE. I do not see them during sleep paralysis or when I first wake up or am drifting in and out of sleep. I see them indoors and outdoors yet sometimes I swear I see others glance where they are. I try not to stare and use side glances as much as I can I am one of the "odd" ones in my community so I try to keep a low profile. I went to the library today and hunted down some viable books and a few questionable ones to see what I could find. I hope I can make it though them in a reasonable time frame homework is priority.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
They are frightened because we are leaving.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieFinny

I'd like to offer some advice, and perhaps a more efficient way to communicate.
Imagine that you cannot speak due to a physical injury. Keep that in mind.
Imagine you can't see clearly either, imagine you are a person that needs glasses but aren't wearing them.

How would you communicate with others?

I think that is what you are up against with your communication issues. Paper and pen won't work because they can't see clearly enough for fine detail. I think they can see us as clearly as we can see them.

Speaking is out of the question, because speech is nothing more than air vibrating at a certain frequency past our vocal chords, and must be picked up by the eardrum of another being that is fluent in the same language. Otherwise, verbal communication is very difficult at best. It would seem they have no vocal chords or ears, not being able to be physical beings in this reality, only able to interface with it somehow.

You would gesture, as your shadow did. I interpret his gestures as such: "arm behind back"=his hands are tied behind his back, and he can't do that. "head tilting left and right"=same as shaking his head left and right meaning no, he can't do that either. "leaning forward"=we are getting closer to being able to communicate.

What are you left with?

Blurry vision, gestures, and perhaps a rudimentary form of telepathy. (I am, of course, compiling a sum of everyone's interactions and methods of communication, and ways that don't work.)

I also think there could be a spoken form of communication, not based upon content, but tone. There may be a frequency of vibrating air that they are sensitive to. I am thinking singing or music. Have you every tried that before? The human voice can attain many octaves in ranges above and below that of normal speech, and I have an inkling they may respond in some way to either your singing voice or the music you like. Don't just talk to them, sing, and try to hit different octaves when you talk/sing, and watch their reaction. It's obvious this shadow is tuned to you some how, and without getting into specifics as to why, try singing some of your favorite songs, and then try songs that with more emotion in them. Think of the sound wave you are sending. Try music that has a lot of bass, try music that is instrumental, etc., and report your results.

Do slow body motions while you sing or play music. Put your arms out to your sides for ten seconds or more, straight up in the air for ten seconds, etc., and watch the reaction.

These are by no means malevolent beings. You don't fear them either. I would ascertain they are trying to communicate somehow, and something important, you simply need to find the proper way to break the "language" barrier.

You also need to "name" your "top hat shadow", as you get vibes from him. I'd say "Tom", but use a name you can feel that fits. What ever name you give him, he'll be bound to it, and experiment with saying it faster and slower to see the range he most responds to, meaning saying, "hheeeyyy Tooooooommmmm", or "hy tm", but don't use your normal voice, as it is out of their frequency range.

With gesturing, for example, Tom would be "T", arms outstretched standing straight, "O", standing straight, but your arms circled over with your palms on your head, and "M" would be standing straight with your arms downward at a diagonal, or something. They don't have good eyesight, so be slow and gradual, and pause between gestures. Make them slow and obvious.

Just a few suggestions. I think you'll find something that works. Be creative.

edit on 4/21/11 by Druid42 because: can't spell, had to fix. OCD, sorry. 2 errors.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
What I see today is large groups of skeleton-like beings with rags over their heads.
At least half a dozen cropping up in bushes as I am driving home at night.
Usually this is to be taken as a sign that a collective didaster is going to happen in the world or here. Now this is tricky because I saw them around the new flare-up of the deadly new influenza locally and I also saw them when events in Fukushima escalated (see my thread on Japan and astrology).
www.abovetopsecret.com...
There could be an explosion soon - and day by day we are learning of more covered-up stuff from Fukushima.
Also there are new earthquakes today. Yes, it may be due to the Sun's changes - I can feel that the sun is literally burniing my hands as I drive now even under darkened windows. The temperature is officially around 60 degrees F but the Sun appears very blinding in luminosity. If there is increased solar output, these watchers my go overdrive. Also, when there is a war that I am aligned with - I simply follow the latest news on Libya. There is another level - you ca feel some of the emotions coming from over there if you focus on them...
All right, here's the catch: in the following months, Honshu may become uninhabitable. More EQ-s are on their way.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join