It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't you Believe in God?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Is it because of your fear of punishment for sinful things?

Is it the idea that religion is full of hatred and violence?

Or maybe something bad happened in your life and you wonder, how, if existing, can God let this happen?

What people need these days, is God. Your atheism and insubordination is saddening to your Creator and fellow people. The God that I know punishes, but he forgives, and he makes that clear. My God doe's not use violence, the people of the world do. My God gives me the power of understanding, why bad things happen, and understand that pain is a form of strengthening, not physically but psychologically. This is not just my God, but it is God, whether you believe or not, he is still the one God above everything. God sent his Messiah to make things easier to understand, but it seems as if it made more people hate. In a thicket of thorns, there is a rose.

So I want to know,

Why don't you believe in God?

None of those people who just say God isn't real without explaining
edit on 19-4-2011 by mikesk8s247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I believe that God is not the God you/we have come to know....I believe that "God" is a being/force, if you will, from another place/galaxy.....somewhere other than here/heaven as we were taught to believe.

Yes, we should fear the wrath, always do with good intentions, follow a generalistic form of the Commandments because that is the Moral thing to do.

I believe that we were made in his image...whether his image be that of "greys" or whatever. Old stories/images talk of God coming down from the heavens through the clouds in a chariot of sorts. Ok...so what if that "chariot" was a spaceship?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesk8s247
Why don't you believe in God?

For the same reason that I don't believe in Superman.
Fictional characters are fine for books and movies, but that doesn't mean they are real.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
There is no proof of its existence
edit on 19/4/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by makinit66

thats how I think. You need to have your own relationship with God, you cannot just go to church. If you don't have a relationship with God you are all alone in this world, no matter who your with. God understands all people, people don't understand God, but you dont need to, you just need to love.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

There may not be scientific proof as decided by scientists today but he made himself known. You cannot understand something you haven't created

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

i 2nd that.
also, i feel like i've learned more valuable lessons from the comic books I've read than from any holy scriptures i read in comparative world religion classes. clark kent is a much better moral role model than jesus christ. clark woulda beat those roman dudes senseless! "crucify me?! only with kryptonite nails!"

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I tend not to blindly take ancient storys that have been forced in to the minds of people for hundreds of years (believe or burn, quite literally) as truth. If you do, you should seriously reconsider either your knowledge of history, or your mental health.

I believe there is more, but it is not to be found in any of the modern day religions. To claim there is a god because some old book says so, is ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
At the center of most Be-lie-fs is a lie.

edit on 19-4-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesk8s247

There may not be scientific proof as decided by scientists today but he made himself known.

[citation needed]

And no, "It says it in the bible" is not proof

You cannot understand something you haven't created

Of course you can, I understand how to use computers, I never created them. I understand the physiology of animals, I never created them.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
No hard proof, No god. simple

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
nevermind, i just posted this to help people and i get a bunch of jerks, like "nope, no God" i will pray for your unhappy souls

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Because we fear sin?.... come on. You can do better then that! Because WE CHOOSE too. We believe in other things too y'know...

Jamie

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Can you please define God? Because I can't get the full idea of what God is especially from the Bible ( a book rewritten a few 100 times by who knows what kind of people and with what intentions).

Why should God be feared?

You ask questions as if you know what God is

I'm sure most atheists just don't like the dogma that religion brings us. That doesn't mean that they don't believe in a higher force (but certainly not an anthropomorphous "God").

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

nevermind, i just posted this to help people and i get a bunch of jerks, like "nope, no God" i will pray for your unhappy souls

Woah... back-off! Just because we have shaken you a tad doesn't mean YOU of all people get to let one off the chain!

Jamie

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

why would you think anyone who doesn't believe in God is unhappy?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

nevermind, i just posted this to help people

Get off your arse and do some missionary work if you want to help people

and i get a bunch of jerks, like "nope, no God"

No, a bunch of rational, logical people who aren't gullible

i will pray for your unhappy souls

Don't waste your time

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Do you know of God, or do you just believe?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

bunch of jerks

Bless you too.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I consider myself to be agnostic - there is no proof one way or another. Anyone who says there is no proof therefore he does not exist doesn't have any more of an argument then someone who says he does exist based on the bible.

Think about it - what is easier? Prove that he does exist - or prove that he doesn't.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join