It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Tears Obama a New One in Wisconsin Speech Something Like a Neutering.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by GlaredReflectionsStare665

The media didnt do her in.
From the time she first hit the stage with her "message" with McCain she showed very little useable political knowledge and in every show she's mugged on since. Her Twitters are looney tunes at times as well.
I mean what now the media is making all the stuff she really did say up?
Actually she and her infatuation with her media personality and lifestyle has been her own worst enemy.
Shooting a Deer from a Helicopter(quite expensive hobby btw) and then saying "Oh My Gosh" just doest ring with as many folks as some would like.
Yikes.

edit on 18-4-2011 by VType because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

To think that every answer is "Obama this" and "Obama that" is just rediculous.

Real quick question?

When do you suppose Obama and his trustee's are going to take responsibility for their actions, or lack there of?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by VType

From the time she first hit the stage with her "message" with McCain she showed very little useable political knowledge

Aside from your opinions, do you have any substantial evidence that would suggest her lack of knowledge base?

Motivated by concerns that revenue from a new Wasilla sales tax would not be spent wisely,[43] Palin ran for mayor of Wasilla in 1996, defeating incumbent mayor John Stein[44] 651 to 440 votes.[45] Her biographer has described her campaign as targeting wasteful spending and high taxes;[20] her opponent Stein has said that Palin introduced abortion, gun rights, and term limits as campaign issues.[46] The election was nonpartisan, but the state Republican Party took the unprecedented step of running advertisements for Palin.[46] Palin ran for re-election against Stein in 1999 and won, 909 votes to 292.[47] In 2002, she completed the second of the two consecutive three-year terms she was allowed to serve by the city charter.[48] She was elected president of the Alaska Conference of Mayors[49] in 1999.[50]

Budget, spending, and federal funds Palin in Germany, July 2007 In June 2007, Palin signed a record $6.6 billion operating budget into law.[93] At the same time, she used her veto power to make the second-largest cuts of the construction budget in state history. The $237 million in cuts represented over 300 local projects, and reduced the construction budget to $1.6 billion.[94] In 2008, Palin vetoed $286 million, cutting or reducing funding for 350 projects from the FY09 capital budget.[95] Palin followed through on a campaign promise to sell the Westwind II jet, a purchase made by the Murkowski administration for $2.7 million in 2005 against the wishes of the legislature.[96] In August 2007, the jet was listed on eBay, but the sale fell through, and the plane was later sold for $2.1 million through a private brokerage firm.[97]

en.wikipedia.org...

See how I did that? Submitted evidence to counter your claim. Whether you like her or not, opinionated comments does nothing for the debate.

Yeah, i just did that to your argument!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

It's kind of ironic that liberals demand a media link to something to validate a statement....when the media is constantly lying to them.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by fredvcall

It's kind of ironic that liberals demand a media link to something to validate a statement....when the media is constantly lying to them.

Its the only source of education for them? That should come as no surprise Fred.
To many of " them " sit on their couch after work, and buy into, hook line and sinker, what the MSM tells them....food for the sheep.....and they buy into it.

Guess individual thought is to difficult for them, which is clearly the case!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

If the liberals here slam Palin for her looks, they get a pass. If a conservative questions the liberal's comment, they get an "Off Topic Comment."

Crazy sexist Liberals!!!!

Look at her body while she's making a speech.

Oh...wait

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Individual thought is the chief cause of migrain headaches in the liberal cause.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf
You should have quoted a post as I do not understand what you mean.Hey Fred you feeling a little bias in this room?All that name calling and no mods.I feel like we are the last of the 300 spartans holding them back.
Your thread has been hijacked.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Sinnthia

post removed by staff

I have read that about 10 times now and I can only come to the conclusion you have no idea what either "sattire" nor "irony" mean. You do go on though.

Who is "we?"
edit on 18-4-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Apr 18 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mudbeed

Originally posted by EarthwormJim
reply to post by mudbeed
No an independent doesn't have to be in the middle they are just not affiliated with any major party fyi. I can take good decisions from either side and still consider them equally great opinions.If I don't like most liberals decisions but agree w SOME of conservative decisions how does that make me a liar by saying im independent?I look at the facts,not the politics.

You do not look at the facts otherwise you wouldn't be saying the garbage you are saying. You can call yourself a independant, but all you do is call people Jane Fonda and go watch Michael Moore just because they think that Palin is dumb as hell. That sir makes you more of an extreme right winger.

Why?

1) You have not once responded with something factual and honest.

2) You take a corporate cheerleader shill as an actual political figure.

3) Your responses never even come close to falling in the middle.

Seriously, tell me one factual statement on why the removal of collective bargaining for public workers a good thing?

You are talking about taking away rights for people that are doing public service work and how it is a good thing.

I want you to factually tell me why.

"Remember when teachers, public employees, Planned Parenthood, NPR and PBS crashed the stock market, wiped out half of our 401Ks, took trillions in TARP money, spilled oil in the Gulf of Mexico, gave themselves billions in bonuses, and paid no taxes?"

No? Neither do I.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Sarah Palin left Wasilla 20 Mil in Debt

Wonk Room: Sarah Palin: Earmark Queen Of The Earmark State

In 2000, Sarah Palin, as mayor of the Alaskan town of Wasilla, hired a Washington lobbyist to secure federal earmarks for her community.

This is not totally atypical in her state. Alaska’s government receives more money per capita in federal earmark money than any other state, despite being the only state in the union with no income tax and no sales tax. They fund their government primarily with petroleum money, and recently distributed oil profits to its citizens in the form of rebate checks.

But even in her heavily earmarked state, Sarah Palin was the earmark queen.

From 2000 to 2003, she secured over $27 million in earmarks, averaging $6.7 million in federal money every year for her town of about 6,700 people. ...(read on)

As mayor, Sarah Palin managed to secure a thousand dollars a year per person in her city in earmarks, yet...

When Palin left office in 2002, Wasilla had “racked up nearly $20 million in long-term debt,” or roughly $3,000 of debt per resident. ...(more)

Asked in 1996, her first year in office, about her ability to "effectively run" the city, Palin claimed:

"It's not rocket science," Palin said, "It's $6 million and 53 employees."

Only "$6 million and 53 employees" and yet she managed to bury it $20 mil. in the red in just two-terms. How very Bush-like. And she wants us to trust her to be a heartbeat away from the national budget?

There are alot of other fun articles like this out there that are completely true. Oh and don't forget, she quit her job.

How do the folks of Wasilla feel?

Residents are charged for their Rape kit

Even in tough budget times, there are lines that cannot be crossed. So I was startled by this tidbit reported recently by The Associated Press: When Sarah Palin was mayor of Wasilla, Alaska, the small town began billing sexual-assault victims for the cost of rape kits and forensic exams.

What else?

What Sarah did to their money.

New reports of Palin's misspending government funds for personal financial benefit emerged from an Associated Press investigation this week. Palin charged taxpayers over $20,000 to pay for her daughters to travel with her to events to which they were not invited, including 64 one-way and 12 round-trip tickets, as well as the girls' own expensive hotel rooms. In all, previous reports have estimated Palin charged taxpayers more than $43,000 in travel expenses for family members.

Point being this.

She used AK for her own poilitical agendas and comfort while preaching fiscal conservatism.

It was all a lie. Sarah is a fake Conservative. She is a fake altogether.

It's all about the money for herself and her family not to mention her political agenda.

Stick up for Ron Paul or something. At least he is not only a real conservative (not a neo-con) but he also practices what he preaches.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

Stick up for Ron Paul or something. At least he is not only a real conservative (not a neo-con) but he also practices what he preaches.

Oh I fully agree. Im not an advocate for Palin, ( her voice sends shocks up my spine ) I just wanted to suggest to you, that if your argument is going to have any merit what so ever, any viable evidence that may help your argument would be suggested.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by mudbeed

Oh I fully agree. Im not an advocate for Palin, ( her voice sends shocks up my spine ) I just wanted to suggest to you, that if your argument is going to have any merit what so ever, any viable evidence that may help your argument would be suggested.

Oh I get you.

Sorry I missed the point you were making then. I will spend more time in the future grabbing data and links to prove my point, etc.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

I noticed your knew, and for future reference, when you get into a debate that you may feel strongly about, usually, not all the time, but if you argue with someone who opposes you, they tend to use " Proof", or " Facts" as their basis of argument. So just so you know.

WWH

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join