It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overpopulation? Elitest Propaganda and Damned Lies Lies Lies!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by humanguy

Oh, no. Is someone using that argument about eight billion people in Texas, again? What happens when Texans flush their toilets? Oklahoma gets flooded?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearMitochondria
If 6 billion people fit in texas, everyone would have approx 11 by 11 meters of space.
That's actually bigger than I thought.

Oh, well. There there's the problem of trespassing. And you just don't trespass in Texas. A Texan's home is his castle. Stop over the 121 sq meter space and see what happens.

By the way, where do you grow food and drill for oil on that 121 sq metter space? Does a swimming pool just ruin all the geometry? What! No room for trees? Hey, where do you put the cars and highways?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
VOTE FREE ENERGY!!

Over population already exists.Just ask all those third world countries that are starving.If America cared they would stop killing the Arabs and focus on helping those starving children!...Wait a minute...What if killing those Arabs is another way of population control?Does anybody know why they are warring?

Where's the propaganda in over population?What do the elites get out of saying there is an overpopulation problem?

Those starving kids must imaginary!Sure we have it good over here...THERE ARE NO WARS OVER HERE!!

This seems like propaganda if you want to get technical!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
this is why I wont vote for the Green Party of Canada again ,A few years back I found a blog on the GReen Party of Canada's site stating that Canada was over populated by 10 mil . Bollocks

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I've been lurking on this forum for some time but after reading the OP's thread I had to officially join and pipe up because he is, with all due respect, out to lunch and perhaps should expose himself more to what the world has to offer.

I've lived all over this planet. Some of the most crowded cities in the world (Tokyo, Beijing and New York to name a few) where the traffic is mind numbing sometimes taking hours to move a few kilometers, the pollution is appalling, countless people, concrete, high rises, noise, stink, crime etc. My flat was 30 foot by 10 foot apartment typically with a view of the guy a few feet away in the next building with another 30 x 10 foot apartment. These conditions are considered normal for a working professional.

Now I'm back in Canada with a 10 minute walk to work, a park with hiking trails out my back yard, birds singing in the trees, fresh air to breathe, I can see the sun set and rise, I can see the stars and milky way at night. I'm not bumping into people, squeezing onto the subway, fighting the rat race.

Hey lets squeeze in 8 billion more people onto this planet just because with hydroponics now we can!

There are other measures for quality of life than a full belly.
edit on 18-4-2011 by boogievan because: Grammar mistakes

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

Starving kids in another country are not our problem.

Emotion has no place in a debate about something as serious as overpopulation

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Hi All,

Overpopulation problem is no different than any other personal obstacle someone might face.

If you tell yourself there is a problem with no solution (i don't consider murder or suicide a constructive solution) there is no solution for you.

If you believe in overpopulation and the finite resource theory you are depressed and not connected to your true creative potential (which is depressing in it's own right).

The reality is, as difficult as it might be for some of you to grasp, the finite world is owned and operated by suicidal murderers. Their poison is force fed to it's willing, suicidal, dependent children.

Time to step up and do what is right. And what is right is your duty to express your infinite creative potential.

Yes, the model you were born into is not sustainable. What is not true is that this model of life is the "TRUTH". How can it be true that mankind is destined to destroy the earth and itself? Do you really believe that?

Your master's message is no different than Jim Jones. Are you going to drink the kool aid? Is the end of the world upon us? Do we have to destroy ourselves to prove that our destiny was to destroy ourselves?

Do you believe that the growth of the evil, depressed, suicidal human civilization outgrew the creative, infinite potential of reality?

Does your creativity stop with what you can buy at walmart? or what you see on CNN? What you are taught in the brainwashing academies of the suicide cult?

How about this: buying and collecting garbage is suicidal. Sharing and loving is not only sustaining, it promotes the integration of the same infinite energy the entire universe is sustained from. Our future literally depends on a state of mind and heart. If people believe WWIII is inevitable then IT WILL happen. If you believe we are overpopulated then we will prove it to ourselves..If you do not live in the infinite reality then you cannot express it. But death (overpopulation) is a lie. Who taught it to you?

You are right in KNOWING that 10 million people cannot live in 10 million McMansions, shopping at Walmart and dining on McDonalds. That reality is a lie, and someone told you that it is the only reality you are part of. If you live in the overpopulation reality you will die in it when it dies.

"tell that to the starving African child" - the suicide cult has completely dominated the airwaves on the continent for centuries. Africa is a perfect example of the death cult's wide reaching control and total hatred for mankind. Africa while being completely dominated and under total attack for centuries, is still home to some of the most beautiful, sustainable, loving cultures in the world.

Here in Canada, where there is absolutely NO lack of resources, we can still find people completely destitute, devoid of hope, devoid of love. We find murder and suicide.

Is there even and issue with resources? Even in the land of abundance the death cult is alive and well. Lack of resources is not killing mankind..

Edit:
You probably wouldn't mind living with MORE people around you if there wasn't some threat of them stealing your resources.. whatever they might be : food, water, peace, security... Imagine if those extra people were ADDING to your quality of life?? You can begin to see how the "finite resource theory" is completely wrong, destructive and in opposition to natural life.
edit on 18-4-2011 by rwfresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
We just lack distribution of resources.

How will you distribute it?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by boogievan

I've got to hand it to Canadians, they have more land and less people. What's the population? About a third of America's?

And Canada could be ruling the oil market with shale oil.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by fredvcall

No, wait! I think Canda's population is more like a tenth of America's. Canada's population is like 33 million?

And they have all that shale oil.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The overriding concerns i see on ATS these days is the "shadow government" or what have you. I dont believe in it.

Everyone goes on about how they are in control of everything, and attribute all bad things to them. Its passing the buck. The simple reality is we ARE warlike, greedy people. Ever since the dawn of man, tribes have fought over good hunting grounds, the more attractive wife, and such things as trading routes. Its in our genes, and its called survival. Why does there have to be a big conspiracy?

We will not run out of air or water. But food and oil and such i see problems with. If YOU would like to start a one world governement (or NWO if you will), then fine, perhaps such things will fly. Perhaps you can forcibly rip people out of house and home and relocate them all so that the world can be farmed. Perhaps you can make a alternative to oil work. Perhaps you can solve all these problems and more. But i dont see it happening till ONE government rules the whole world. And with an iron fist.

If it was democratic, people would revolt when they are told everyone is being rounded up and placed into special lots in Texas. Hell, they would perhaps do it in a totalitarian society as well, but at least the Secret Police would be there to quell dissent.

I really want to know how your going to make this work. Im on board with your ideas, generally speaking, but i honestly do not see how they could be implemented without either a massive conciencesness shift for humanity, or an unbending, one world government in place to see it all through. China is certainly not going to allow all its people to relocate to Texas!

Ps. And i do realize that the "put everyone into a small space" thing was just an example of how to make it work, but im pointing out reasons why these ideas would never work on todays Earth.

And yes, i truely dont believe in the "shadow government". Im sure im a minority on ATS, but i have never seen anything even remotely convincing. The more i look into it, the more it appears obvious that Bush and Cheney went into Iraq so that Halliburton could profit, and them by default as well. Just because one family or group profit off our suffering, why does it have to be a massive, overreaching conspiracy? Its not a massive conspiracy, just each rich family out for their own. They dont need to install a "NWO", they already run things.

Think about this: If a NWO has been in the making for years now, what easier way to install it if many heads of countries are involved, than to have a limited nuclear war? It would be so easy (and the people would actually accept it!), to declare martial law and then take over. This could have happened during the cold war.

What are they waiting on?

edit on 18-4-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Good thread OP. I appreciate all the effort you put forth here.

I felt a strange mix of inspiration and utter despair while reading through the post. I truly wish for a utopian world but I fear humanity may never see it. I don't want money or power, all I want is time. Time to do whatever it is that interests me on a day to day basis. What a life that would be...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

How about each person that requires a resource be allowed to creatively use the resource.

Or.. you distribute it the same way everything else is distributed. How do you think all the JUNK gets from China to the US Walmarts?? DAILY.

There is no distribution problem.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorKarma
reply to post by spikey

Great Post; very well presented.
Here are a couple of videos that address the overpopulation disinformation:

I get a kick out of people who say things like the world is over populated with this kind or that kind of people. I am a WASP and could easily say the same kind of thing but what the people who are always pointing their fingers in this direction or that don't realize others are pointing their fingers at them. Live and let live; those who refuse to live by this law are the ones who are not long for this world.

I have come back to add a little more reality to this concept of "Over Population".

First, I am not kidding when I say I come from the segment of the population that for example sponsored the Georgia Guide Stones and a list of others which I won't go into but trust me the heart felt belief amongst many in my own family and we are associated with believe planet should only have 500Million People on it; I will leave you to doing the math but the question is WHO GOTTA GO!

Well now, if we were to set aside all the beautiful, intelligent, creative people of all races and dump the dregs, that might be a way but how do you define and by what standards do you determine beauty, intelligence and creative? Trust me, it is a vicious circle. Let me give you an example; take a close look at Elvis Presley's parents; it would not have been hard to identify them as not so beautiful, intelligent or creative but look at what they produced "Elvis" and so on.

As I said, this is a vicious circle because there is no good way of deciding who is worthy of life and who is not but if someone wants to elect me to decide, I have a short list I would be willing to work of of to start with (Twisted & Evil Icon here)

But seriously, the real problem is the proper use of space; better use of materials and overall more intelligent designs and planning. Free Energy is everywhere and those who have locked it off from humanity should give it up. Surplus crops should not be destroyed to keep prices us and these Globalist who want to own the world need to be brought down. I am not going to get into specifics because it is pointless; the earth populations are headed for a major "Culling" and not just from one direction; humanity has been corrupting itself for generations and subconsciously most or many people are manifesting these Dooms Day Scenarios and at this point I don't see how to avoid it..the dye is cast.

But don't lie to yourselves over population is not the problem. This planet would be fine with 3 times as many people if resources and space were better used. That's all...let's just not lie to ourselves.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh
reply to post by die_another_day

How about each person that requires a resource be allowed to creatively use the resource.

Or.. you distribute it the same way everything else is distributed. How do you think all the JUNK gets from China to the US Walmarts?? DAILY.

There is no distribution problem.

With property rights, courts, patents, and HOARDING behavior.

How can resources be "distributed?"

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This is garbage...the only reason the human population has exploded is because of agriculture. Agriculture cannot be reproduced with the same efficiency world wide like it has been in the U.S. that's why the biggest U.S. export is food. These populations would not subsist without our constant exporting. They were better off as hunters and gatherers. Western colonization pressured these more 'primitive' societies to cultivate their lands using American products and farming methods that come at a cost. Do some research before posting such unsubstantiated claims about world over-population.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

im a truck driver. ive been in all 48 states of the continental us.. and the vast majority of the country is empty or dotted with small towns every 50 - 60 miles. sure there are some huge population area's that need culling.. they need to start pushing some type of program to get the populations out of the large cities and more into smaller towns.

almost all your big city problems simply don't exist in smaller towns. or are very very much reduced.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I'm about as anti-elitist as you can get. Myself and several others are working together on becoming completely self-sufficient. We will easily be able to accomplish this goal by assisting the natural processes around us to produce our own food, water, bio-fuel, electricity, etc. We are very close to our goal and are hardly expending any resources or money to do so. With our modest budgets and man-power, this would be impossible to accomplish in an urban environment. We simply need more space per person if we are to live in harmony with our environment and each other. If all of us were to have 7 kids, we would have effectively destroyed our self-sufficiency by overcrowding our micro-environment.
When your vision of the planet comes to fruition, the entire planet will be nothing but cities covered in skyscrapers designed to supply all the food that is needed to support 14 billion people. To get an idea of how much energy/pollution industrialization on this level would consume/produce check out this article at Environmental Building News.
One more thing, if you think that our resources are in such great supply, then why does it now take a giant dumptruck of ore to obtain as much copper as a miner could have carried out of his mine on the back of a mule 100 years ago? This is just one more example of the many natural resources that would be needed to build the extra infrastructure to support an exponential population growth.
In summary, I have to say that I agree with you that this planet could support far more people than it already does, but who in their right mind would want to live in such a world? The only moral thing to do to stop the world from becoming so disgustingly overcrowded is to educate the masses about the ramifications of over breeding. However, as long as we have so many people like you spouting (however well intentioned) nonsense about overpopulation not being a problem, the only recourse of those in power will be to kill off a $#!+ load of people.
Do a bit more research and ponder this stuff a bit more before inadvertently supporting the elitist agenda by spreading half-truths.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I do not consider the thought of overpopulation to be elitist propaganda as much as I consider it to be a potential reality. Think about it, do you see the world population dwindling? In the 1950s the world population was half of what it is today. That means in about a fifty year span of time the world population grew more than it has in the last 10,000 years. That's a fairly devastating slap in the face by reality if you ask me.

So the world may not have to be concerned with overpopulation at present, but think about your children, or your children's children. They are going to see a literal hell, and what's worse is that parents don't even consider this possibility when they have multiple children.

At best, envision a future similar to China's in how they have a one child per family policy. I believe that abortion and euthanasia will become commonplace around that time, as disgusting as that sounds.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I don't believe th OP s saying there needs to be more of us. His point is that people think we are overpopulated when really all we need to do is change the way we operate.

IMO the whole system is based on the wrong human need... Money. As soon as w drop money, start loving ourselves, our fellow humans and respect mother earth, everything es falls into place naturally.

Getting people to drop materialism and the need to possess or own things is the hard part. Some think it will take mass destruction before anything changes. I remain optimistic.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join