It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overpopulation? Elitest Propaganda and Damned Lies Lies Lies!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by fredvcall

HAHAHA....and you know what all those people will do, once most all is automated? They will go home a reproduce!!! Hahaha....

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Thank you for simplifying "the lack of resources" propaganda. I can't tell you how many times I've heard well meaning people spout the "there's not enough to go around stuff we must conserve till it hurt", not realizing they are placing a value (albeit no value at all) on their own lives and that of their families.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
About the Fact that 8 billion people could live comfortably in texas? would this be using multi-level housing? cause if you do check to see how many square miles texas is, and try to divide it by 8 billion, even if every inch of Texas was sutible to live on, this dosn't leave everyone much space for themselves...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The world is not overpopulated, generally-speaking. Look at the real statistics:

The Americas (N & S) = less than 1 billion

Africa (same size as the Americas) = about 1 billion

So where is "overpopulated"? People tend to think of Africa as the most overpopulated, but in actuality, Africa is the most underpopulated place in the world:

www.currentconcerns.ch...

Sub-Saharan Africa could literally feed the whole world, without destroying any virgin rainforest.

So where IS overpopulated?

Asia

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Find you a nice piece of heaven in the wilderness somewhere.
Overpopulation, taxation, stupid politics, and the sickness of modern society
no longer becomes an issue.
Unless you have the misfortune of setting up camp on top of a natural resource
that someone will one day want to exploit.

Just saying is all.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
it would have to some form of global communism

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I was waiting for someone to say this. Yes it's all about control and Power!

OP is right in all that he states there is plenty for everyone and more but we have always allowed ourselves to be controlled by the few and now the few are getting out of control through their own making.

The populous are awakening and they would do well to take note of this thread - but how do you educate the masses when it took the elite hundreds of years to indoctrinate them - freedom of speach is threatened once again to stop us spreading the word.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by shtf2012

You make a good point and I dare say there are people who are doing just that however, you will find that even the wilderness is owned by the Elite and if it doesn't they will soon purchase it and start all over again.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Incredible. Overpopulation is destroying the planet and the quality of life for all. The world population is doubling every 50 years and mostly in the worst parts of the world. What will the world be like in 50 years (2061) with 14 billion people on it? Then 28 billion (2111), then 56 billion (2161), then 112 billion (2211), then 224 billion (2261)....

Try selling birth control to a country like India (over a billion people as of a few years ago) where almost 80% of the population is illiterate.

It would be nice if people were willing to control themselves, but it's not going to happen.

You mention water, as if all water were equal in usefulness. It has to be potable water -- clean, salt-free water.
We're selling ours to China now, cause they don't have enough.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
These are the kind of posts that i came to ATS to read. The problem is getting everyone to work together to achive what we are capable of doing.... Which is what you have shown here.

As far as those commercials showing the needy WHAT a load of carp. Money is a joke we have all been trained to use-need-want.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

First of all I greatly admire the concept and ideals of your thread, they closely mirror my own thoughts on the matter, but I will, for the sake of debate, play devil's advocate and raise some questions.

1. I agree with the premise that the Earth is capable of sustaining a significantly larger population, but in addition to quantity of life, one must also consider quality. As any chicken in a coop could tell you, if chickens could talk, it might be nice every once and a while to have 100 of your brothers and sisters sitting in their allocated spots 6 inches away from you, but aren't things such as privacy, open spaces and freedom of choice worth having? In a world brought to the limit of our population capacity if everyone wanted a carrot there would not be enough carrots and so on so forth. This inability to provide everyone with their desires is what creates our economic system of supply and demand. Now before we get into, "oh but that is just coporate greed... of course there would be enough carrots..." I have used carrots as an example. This concept needs to be extrapolated onto an object that will confer to you understanding. I think we can all agree that there are just some things, no matter how technologically efficient we become, that cannot reasonably be provided for a population of billions.

2. While on the subject of things that cannot be provided for everyone lets deal with happiness. This is probably the greatest argument for population control. In your post you mention that the whole poulation of the world could fit into Texas. Well lets think about that for a second. I read an article that had that statistic mentioned in an article in 2002, if memory serves me correctly, it also said we would have a standard family American style home for every family (so far so good) we would also have to have these homes in multiple stories. Now in this hypothetical scenario we have taken up all of Texas with our living space now where do all of these people work? In there homes, ok. Where does all of the waste go, where does the electricity get produced, where do we grow our food? Transportation to and from these locations now becomes an enormous problem when dealing with supply chains for billions of people. The simple fact is we as humans have a habitat and like any caged Tiger will tell you that a controlled everything provided for you tiger pen is a long shot away from roaming the grasslands of the wild. We want things our own certain way and unless we all limit ourselves severely or slow the rate of population growth we will be a large unhappy population.

3. Last but not least, the "it's only because of corporate greed and desire for their worthless money that they feed us these lies..." while I'm sure the MSM and TPTB are using sensationalist claims to over alarm the unwitting masses we do have a problem. To transfer to your somewhat utopian ideals takes time. Given a timescale of millions of years yes we have all of the resources we need and we would have all the time in the world to develop the technology thats needed to address the rapidly expanding population. The problem is that by the year 2050 we have to be able to support somewhere between 8.5 billion to 10.5 billion people. Given the fact that it took our local government an estimated 4 years and an actual 7 years to build an overpass nearby, I think we are assuming our ability to construct our way out of this problem is more than it actually is.

Yes you raise some good points. Despite my misgivings all of it COULD be a ploy by TPTB, but I think it is a serious issue, at the very least, in the short term and I think with some careful analysis you will agree.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

Be fruitful and multiply was what God said after creating man, and to Noah after he destroyed all but his family. That was to populate the earth....that was old testament. It also says that anyone who kills a man should be killed by man. They were necessary measures for humans to survive. that was back before Jesus dies for the sins of man and so forth.

Things were not forgivable as they are now. Things changed in the bible. As times changed. That is taking one small passage out of an enormous book and living by it. If you want to get technical over that one, God later gave 10 rules. Just ten. And I have seen more religious people break those rules quoting some small passage from the old testament like those take precedence if they are more convenient to grasp on to.

You can twist and mold the bible into supporting whatever agenda you may have. Besides, do you think your bible has not been changed by TPTB? The Catholic Church messed with it right from the start....removing the book of Enoch....translations switched around to mean something else, etc.
edit on 18-4-2011 by restlessbrainsyndrome because: added info

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

en.wikipedia.org...

You have completely ingnored immigration.

Even then, I just dont see your point. Do you think the baby boomers growth rate of 3.77 children per couple (!) was long-term sustainable and should have continued indefinitely? It was an unnatural artefact, a consequence of post WW2 situation. It HAD to go down sharply, and any sudden decrease or increase in pop growth is a shock for the economy since it disturbs equilibrium. But its obvious that demographic transition from high growth to low growth or even replacement rate had to happen sooner or later, unless you want to claim the Earth is infinite.

Anyway, the argument with spending is ridiculous, spending money and resources makes us all poorer, not richer. The decrease in consumption caused by ceasing of unsustainable growth has short term negative effects, when the economy restructuralises and malinvestments default, but long term benefit for the economy, its a necessary healing process, exactly as economic bubbles in other commodities - the sooner you burst them, the better. The only eventuality when we could say stabilisation of population growth at low or replacement rate would be bad would be if long term unemployment is approaching NAIRU. That is not the case, and probably wouldnt be since automation makes more and more jobs obsolete.

Your video proves only one thing - sudden changes in population growth rate are bad (sudden decrease after the end of baby boomers, sudden increase in the third world ( demographic trap ). Just like sudden changes in money supply are bad. Huge inflation or huge population growth are also both not optimal, even if are long-term stable.
The most optimal for both money supply and population is either not changing value, or small steady growth.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
If 6 billion people fit in texas, everyone would have approx 11 by 11 meters of space.
That's actually bigger than I thought.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Birth control and abortions. It ramped up in the 60's, 45 years later the economy tanks.

Yeah, and in the meantime, population increased quite a bit. That theory does not make much sense.

Don't know if anyone has pointed out that "the economy" is USA-centric here, and therefore "the population" must also be. Though world-wide population has risen, in the USA population has pretty much maintained for quite a while now.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Forests are being destroyed, millions of years old ecosystems chopped down to lumber. That's enough for overpopulation for me. We don't need billions of people.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Uh adding 100 million people in under 50 years is not maintaining.

A 33% increase in population in a mere 4 or 5 decades is skyrocketing, not remaining stable.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

No. The reason people cluster in cities is called ghettos.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by restlessbrainsyndrome
reply to post by fredvcall

HAHAHA....and you know what all those people will do, once most all is automated? They will go home a reproduce!!! Hahaha....

So true. The ten billion people tipping point could come before 2050. Bang, bang, they shot us all down.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Chai_An

Let's see. There's seven billion people, at least four billion are starving today. Doubling the population ends starvation how?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join