It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how to fight off aliens

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by HispanicPanic
Since humanity started working with nuclear energy...is when we were started to be watched. nuclear energy disrupts the souls of this planet. humanity has already created their own demise

O RLY? prove it

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
Reply to post by itscocobaby

lol that would go something like this:

"so you want to rule the mindless masses that inhabit this planet? COOL! join us then because thats we have been doing all along."

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Lol there is a possibility that this scenario has already happend!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CidCaldensfey
It's the perfect strategy to use if anyone wants something which you own. There is no point for aggression if you threaten to destroy the very thing your opponent wants. Scorched earth policy is the best policy.

Although your kinda scary history does back you up. The Russians used a scorched earth policy against the Germans in WW2.And this is one of the major reasons the Germans lost against Russia.However destroying the entire planet might be a little counter productive.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I imagine an Alien race, advanced enough to traverse space and time, would pay as much attention to us as we do to cockroaches. If they wanted our planet I think there's as much chance that they'd simply ignore us and simply start building as there is of them wiping us out. We'd barely register on their radar. There would be no attempt, on their part, at communication.

I think their method of wiping us out would be poison. They'd poison us and when we were dead they'd move in. We wouldn't even know they were there.

If however these particular aliens were of the laser gun wielding Mars Attacks sort then I'd require the following items to dispatch them in a suitably bad-ass fashion:

Hazmat suit adorned with various stickers, patches and accessories.
Samurai Sword for up close melee.
Sub machine gun. Nothing too crazy.
Ghetto blaster playing soothing lounge music for irony.
Loud kung fu screams.
Bubble gum
People's eyebrow.
People's elbow.

edit on 9-5-2011 by JFraser because: Spelling correction.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

I really don't think you'd have a chance to retaliate if they chose to attack my friend. Imagine the most fearsome and utterly destructive force humans can muster. Ok.. Now times that by a couple of millenia of tech ahead of us and you'll begin to get the picture.

We're like ants on a hill in Africa to them if they wanted us gone WE'D BE GONE

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JFraser

Hazmat suit adorned with various stickers, patches and accessories.
Samurai Sword for up close melee.
Sub machine gun. Nothing too crazy.
Ghetto blaster playing soothing lounge music for irony.
Loud kung fu screams.
Bubble gum
People's eyebrow.
People's elbow.

THE ANTI INVASION TOOLKIT SIMPLY AWESOME MY FRIEND I LIKE YOUR STYLE

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Besides, dressing to the nines and going out in a blaze of glory. I would have somebody carve a giant SOS petroglyph, in the desert sands of some country that can be seen from outer space.

Exploding a couple of nukes, far outside of Earth's atmosphere, might be on the menu; because doing that has always stoked ET's curiosity about us Earthlings. The spaced, nuclear explosions, would transmit nutrino's and the flash of the explosions at the speed of light.

These methods might lead to another alien race that is not affiliated with the war-mongering space aliens against us. Hopefully, they will help us fend off the space invaders.

If the space invaders gave me an ultimatum about the terms of surrender, my reply too them would be: "nuts."

Foofighters forever,

Erno86

edit on 9-5-2011 by Erno86 because: added a few words

edit on 9-5-2011 by Erno86 because: typo

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Some amusing posts in here, but I'm going to take a more serious look at this.

Lets think logically and make a few small assumptions

First of all, unless wiping us out is just "entertainment", lets assume there is a reason to come here and start war. They have come here for earth, or some resource, mineral, element whatever

With that in mind, I dont think they wouldnt just come here and start blasting "Bull in a china shop" style, nuclear weapons or weaponry of similar destructive power. Why run the risk of damaging, destroying something you are after. They would certainly be intelligent beings, and thus I think they would use that intelligence to cull us, rather than annihilate.

When people talk of aliens and alien tech, it seems to be forgotten that they are in the same universe as us, the same rules of physics apply, the same elements, forces such as gravity and electricity, etc. Just because they have travelled millions of light years, doesnt mean that they are void of the same set of rules. Sure they may have a better understanding of them, or better utilization, but the key is the rules are the same.

Which brings me onto fighting them.

I would attempt none physical destructive weapony first, EMP blast generators, high energy electricity discharges (lightning), high energy laser beams, all kinds of radiation such as microwave, xray and gamma weapons.

If these failed, I would attempt high velocity projectile's, by high velocity I mean in the order of rail gun speeds. Pound a lot of energy into a small, focused, point, try for penetration.

Moving on, very "Star Wars" but I just thought about this, something along the lines of an anti-matter bomb, we dont have much of that stuff, but, if you could contain it in a sphere that you could drop, and release at the right time, the anti-matter/matter reaction should provide very high energy/temperature release.

Sticking with the temperature/energy theme, if you get something hot enough, I dont care who made it, your going to cause it trouble. Flash temperatures of small nuclear explosions in very close proximity reach 100m degrees. Think of it this way, if you can det a nuke VERY close to whatever it is, its going to melt.

Remember you are looking to do very high heat and thus damage over a very small area, not an air blast, thats no good.

Before someone shouts "shields", thats science fiction. If a being could create a device/machine, that could withstand 100m degree heat, then that means they can fly right through stars......somehow that doesnt jell.

Finally, this is a bit independence day, but, if all else failed, aliens are going to have tech...and tech means some kind of "computer" system. Last resort would be to learn thier systems and try to infiltrate that way. By no means quick and easy, but certainly an option if all else is lost.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Titor86

Ants on a hill in Africa can be extremely dangerous! Especially if the creature animal or human walks directly into their nest. There is power in numbers, and I dont care what weapons a human has, if he stands in the middle of a massive ant nest he will die.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by connorromanow
this is just a hypothetical question, the aliens are attcaking earth, how would you try to fight them off.
would you line uf your tanks and fighter and takw them out that way, would you drop the nukes and hope for the best, use bio agents.

i would try to find some sort of bio agent to use against them, its probably the easyiest way to get by their weapons and like in war of the worlds the harmless cold can be devasating to them, plus pathogens are easy to find, there is basicaly an unlimetied amount of them, it could do the trick.
what would you do

There already is an official policy in place, it is called Scorched Earth. The plan is if an alien species invades we are just going to try and destroy the planet.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
People would pray to our (their) fake god if Aliens attack.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by fuserleer
I would attempt none physical destructive weapony first, EMP blast generators

This may actually be the most effective defense we could have in such a scenario. Force them to engage us up close and personal. We'd need loads of EMPs, and be ready to detonate them anywhere and everywhere. It would disable our equipment too but we're reasonably well equipped for an electronic free war.

This is of course assuming that they haven't already thought of this prior to invading us.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I don't think we would stand a chance. They are so much more advanced than us that it would be like a a bunch of toddlers trying to take down their parents. If for some reason there were 'bad' aliens that were trying to hurt us, the only way we would survive is if another group of aliens came to our rescue. I'm assuming a being that advanced would probably understand us more than we understand ourselves. I think humans are the hostile bunch. I mean, a lot of people can't even get along with others because of a different skin colour. Imagine how some people would react to more intelligent beings that were a different species?! yikes. If/when they make their presence known to everyone, i hope we treat them with respect or else we will be in a lot of trouble.

I've heard a few random internet posters say that aliens have stopped nukes from being launched before. If they have that kind of capability we are obviously powerless. If humans ever attempt world war 3 with nuclear weapons, i think that the aliens will just take away our little water guns and be like 'ok, that's enough play time for you.' That's just what i think. I have no evidence to back that up at all.

edit on 20-5-2011 by phoenixlights321 because: typo

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
There is only ONE way to defeat a vastly superior technological race,
and that is use their own technology against them
which would require infiltration of their ranks
which I think we could be good at.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Does anyone have Dr Who's phone number?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
A DNA bomb. Program it to take out the aliens with a stolen sample of their DNA. The easiest way I can think of. That is if the technology existed for the construction of such a bomb.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join