It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens, B.C.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlawlessVictory
Ancient Astronaut Theory...

The mainstream will continue to write these amazing archealogical findings off. Their explanations are so outrageous it's almost disrespectful. People that say we have no real evidence of extra-terrestrials visiting our planet obviously haven't seen all these ancient artifacts, paintings, and formations.

You have to remember the hysteria that was forced on true intellectuals, by the feeble minded quasi-intellectual's when it became self evident that the Earth wasn't the center of existence(and nor was it flat).

Also keep in mind not all humans are sentient. Some or rather most are nothing more than human animals, not human beings(sentient humans). The animals are so overwhelmed by fear they would prefer to live a fantasy and ignore the self evident evidence around us.

For example, why draw saucers? Heck what in nature other than early dish's look like a flying saucer? I know maybe all those people were cannibals!?

Just ignore the irrational head sanders. They are but perpetual insolent children, and their thoughts just don't matter.

Granted I am sure human creativity has been around for awhile, so we can't say "look a UFO!". You just have to look at the culture the art came from, give some wiggle room for artistic flare and it would be easier to separate the fantasy from reality when dealing with this kind of problem.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
I love this topic. Here is the painting titled "The Baptism of Christ" painted in 1710 by Aert De Gelder. There is little doubt to me that this is anything other than what it seems. To have painted this IMO the artist must have seen something very much like it.It is not BC but adds to the evidence that ufo s have been here for a long time.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fe81207cf54c.jpg[/atsimg]

The 3 wise men did follow a "Star" or a "bright object" in the sky to find jesus.

As told in a book.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

Those old cave paintings always stumped me.
I mean, some, can be just may be interpretations of spirits or something.
But, on the other hand, some are just to similar to what we see today.

I've seen them all before, but it's always to good to see it brought up and discussed.

Oh and btw, I never found that UFO in the river.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
hat defy archaeological timelines.

As far as the Christian idea that the planet only formed some 6,000 years ago, don't get me started.

That isn't Christian at all. It is ultra uneducated twits. 6,000 years ago(give or take) was when many believe the Antediluvian civilizations fell in the flood. Pretty much it is in the same league as "Christians"(aka Paulites) who think Sunday is the Sabbath.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
To the OP. Or anyone else who cares to address a sincere question...

Why do these, of necessity, have to be aliens?

Since we are speculating anyway, why can't they be us? Is it not remotely possible, that at some point in the past, our ancestors might have far surpassed us in some areas of civilization and technology? Circumstantially at least, we have remnants that suggest the possibility.

Is it not also possible that there might have been a civilization on earth at one time who were so far advanced, compared to the rest of the world, that they seemed to be gods to some of our ancestors, and masked their true human appearance so that they would appear as otherworldly or gods in some cases?

And could it be, that same civilization is still here? Maybe right in front of us, and we don't realize it?

I am not ignoring the evidence you and others have presented on ATS. But rather looking at it from a different angle. An angle that is certainly no more or less hypothetical than aliens.

Could it be that man did not "evolve" in a straight line on a gradual incline? But rather rose and fell throughout history, over who knows how many thousands of years?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
There is a ton of evidence suggesting that there have been past interactions between humans and aliens. My big concern is, how much is just abstract art? Also, did these ancients that created these drawings ever use mind altering substances? There are many natural hallucinogens, also '___' is found almost everywhere in nature and I am sure this was known to many ancient civilizations. I know people like me are looked down upon on ATS because I want to see indisputable evidence from the times we live in now. It just shocks me that there is all this past evidence of blatant visitations, and in this day we struggle to even find a clip with a glimpse of a blur that could possible be some UFO, which would most likely be man made. Eye witness testimonies and abduction reports mean close to nothing to me, unless it is from a 'high up' source, like Buzz Aldrin or some ex CIA head. Practically every human on this earth has lied and will lie.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I think the Ruwa, Zimbabwe incident is all that anyone needs to know about today to prove that extraterrestrials exist and we have been visited. While the only thing lacking is physical evidence, and all the photo's in the world would not matter.... you have the most innocent and un-judgemental element of all - those cute little kids who certainly did not make anything up. To me, it is astounding.

Cave drawings, sculptures, whatever.. they are cool, but this is in our timeline and could not be faked. Why search for pennies in the drawer when there are a pile of hundred dollar bills on top of the table.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by FlawlessVictory
Ancient Astronaut Theory...

The mainstream will continue to write these amazing archealogical findings off. Their explanations are so outrageous it's almost disrespectful. People that say we have no real evidence of extra-terrestrials visiting our planet obviously haven't seen all these ancient artifacts, paintings, and formations.

No, they just don't read the same things into them that you do. The very early images - who knows, who knows what they are showing? You see ET, fine, that is up to you but there is no way of confirming that. Those that came later, well, they are fairly much known to be religious analogies, but you've done your homework, right?

The worst skeptic I've ever heard said that the pyramids in Egypt "are just blocks." This is referring to the theory that aliens helped build the pyramids. So you know the great pyramids are really nothing than just blocks stacked on one another with no thought put into them. according to this skeptic I heard on TV one day.
edit on 17-4-2011 by Greensquad414 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-4-2011 by Greensquad414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Who would have thought, in these modern times with cameras everywhere, cell phone cameras everywhere, webcams everywhere.....that we would still have to waste time and energy investigating ancient artwork to fulfill our alien fantasy.

I wonder what that means? I mean, these things have been so common in the past, present and future peopel have had time to carve them in rock, paint them in paintings...etc....yet we can't seem to get anything visual in these modern times that rivals these "crystal clear" photos form the past.

I guess those pesky alien's magnetic drives didn't interfere with rock chiseling or painting the way it must do with our fancy new devices.

And of course, never mind the clearly linked to and obvious relation to period artwork depicting normal things that people want to overlook in order to arrive at the least likely conclusion...that is just silly, lol......

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

That's where I lean. I absolutely think everything we know is becaue we have been born and destroyed NUMEROUS times over.

I don't doubt aliens exist. I just doubt they showed up for thousands of years then all of a sudden stopped showing up.

I just don't get why they would stop meddling in our business all of a sudden.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Ponder this if you will...

Let's say a million years ago this planet was populated with like minded folks of all races. Let's say an asteroid was inbound and there was nothing they could do. Let's say the elites of the million year old society found a way to save themselves.

Fast forward until today.

The elites, a million years ago, would have passed that knowledge along to their kids. And their kids kids. And their kids kids kids. And their etc etc etc. If they could save themselves a million years ago then they can save themselves now.

In short, the Earth has died many times. The only people that survive are the elites.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LosLobos

I don't see how thousands of Earth years is pertinent when considering their lifespans. If there are any aliens that reached this planet then they are biologically immortal beings (something even we're on the verge on right now) and time is not important. 4,000 years for us is perhaps 4 years to them, considering how old they likely are (& do not forget, time is relative throughout the universe too).

I think it was the Mahabharata where Vishnu said to the King "We will go now and observe your people similarly to how you view animals in a zoo". That + experimenting with this world is probably why they stopped direct interaction.

With all the government cover ups and stories though it seems they are in contact with modern day equivalents of those ancient kings still.

As President Bill Clinton once said "there's a government within the government and I have no control over it".

These beings could very likely be from Earth itself too, but from eons ago. There's too many anachronisms in ancient history to rule this possibility out and there's 65 million years between when the dinosaurs died and when we emerged. I don't see why hundreds of intelligent species could not have developed here and either died or left this planet countless years ago.
edit on 18-4-2011 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
.....................Chinese lanterns...jk

What if they're not aliens..but demons?Remember,possessions are real?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

I think "angels" and "demons" were derived from primitive man's encounters with extraterrestrials & they meant the words in the same sense as we would say "bad aliens" and "good aliens". Even being an angel by definition means extraterrestrial (not of this Earth).

Angels in the old scriptures used telepathy, teleportation, had physical bodies, had sex with humans making hybrids ('demigods'), and were blond haired & blue eyed (like Aryans).

So sure, you can call them demons/angels if you want. I'm pretty sure it's the same thing.
edit on 18-4-2011 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Ancient Egypt
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a377d67f7ced.jpg[/atsimg]

That image is presented as "evidence" of advanced technology in Ancient Egypt but it's just the result of writing two (or more) things over each other, those figures are a mix between the underlying images (that were filled with some material) and the ones that were written over them. When the filling material breaks, sometimes we see a mix of both images. Egyptians did that frequently, and we must remember that their language and writing are know, so some people can read what was there and what was written over it.

edit on 17/4/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

Are you kidding me with this, I mean really. I understand what you're saying, but come on. I mean just look at it, the one is just too obviously a helicopter.
I think that you just have the preconceived notion that all things have a "reasonable explanation", and that belief colors your every perception. You filter all incoming data through that context of "this can't really be something out of the ordinary, because I already know how the world works, and the basic history of what has happened".
It basically comes down to a fear of the unknown. For somepeople it's way to scary of a notion to think that they could have been wrong about so much, and that they know only very little. extra DIV

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by renegadeloser

yes that pic with the helicopter actually was proved to be a fake some years back ago along with that alien on that circle plate thing.the other pictures are known to be real as far as iam aware of

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by rowdyrich

The first one shows outspace visitors like we depicted them in the 50's... Not since then have aliens been known to waer helmets, because we decided they actually looked different and had thin arms. In the 50's UFO's were still cigar shaped not round...

The second pic shows land animals can fly !!! Of course some will say the alines were beaming them up....

When the next movie comes out with a different interpretation of aliens we will begin to see those ones everywhere too.

If we took prehistoric art literally it would show we are very very screwed up as modern humans.
edit on 18-4-2011 by daggyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by justinb31

These are taken directly from Abydos, unaltered photographs:
members.tripod.com...
www.kch42.dial.pipex.com...

What's 'fake' about that when anyone can go and see it? Or do you mean it's 'fake' because mainstream does not accept anything out of the status quo & so neither should anyone else?

Btw the helicopter image is not the most fascinating one here. Those to the right of it look similar to spacecrafts.

The image here www.timstouse.com...
Is merely those above, but with enhancements to see it better (e.g. lighting & contrast fixes). Lol.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
No helicopters and submarines here! Just superimposed glyphs........

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Okay, so to the people who have seen that the Egyptian hieroglyph picture is not what it's cracked up to be...try explaining the other pictures. I mean I can see the inadequacies of the Egyptian picture, but the other ones are just too obvious to write off as not legitimate.

It's so sad that this stuff isn't talked about more often in the media. I honestly think this is why our way of life is threatened so badly. The masses are so closed minded about the world and it really sucks because there is nothing we can do unless something big actually happens. I hope the real 'change' happens in our lifetime because things aren't getting better.

This may be a bit off topic to a point, but has anyone else noticed the number of extra-terrestrial/extra-dimensional type TV series already out and coming out? I know there is one coming out in June called Fallen Skies or something. Just something that sparked a tiny interest that's all.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join