It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Radiation Made it to Hawaii?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I live in Hawaii, and wanted to share some rather alarming things with you all.

First off, the rain here has been leaving a strange residue, and when you use windshield wipers, it smears.

Others from Hawaii have been noticing this as well.

I was in the rain the other day, it smelt very strange and I felt very sick afterwards.

Hawaii also recieves a lot of products from Japan.

It is very worrying.

Can you possibly help me find links or radiation levels in Hawaii? Thank you.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

I've been wondering/worry about this also.

Especially since so many get their water from rainwater collection...

My hopes and prayers and positive feelings to all my brothers and sisters in hawaii!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Look for Hilo, Hawaii here:

opendata.socrata.com...

Good info on this, makes you wonder

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

What color was the residue?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
go on you tube to "dutchsinse" channel.

he gives very good updates on the radiation plume and its path.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Well, i would assume that if it's in vermont, it's in hawaii

www.burlingtonfreepress.com...

i wonder if you could contact a local university...i'd bet they would have instruments and facilities to test rainwater (and probably already are)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

They're was a visible residue smearing on you're windows wow crap that can't be good~!

I'm going to check my windows next time it rains here in Ontario but i doubt we have that much fallout compared to you guys in Hawaii Peace..

My uncle actually works with the Water and Wastewater Dept Of the Regional Government maybe i can ask him if they're testing our drinking water our sewer water etc...

Aloha...
edit on 16-4-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokedown
go on you tube to "dutchsinse" channel.

he gives very good updates on the radiation plume and its path.

I agree! He gives great updates and doesn't censor anything.

There's definitely probably some radiation in Hawaii, how much, I do not know, unfortunately.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I worry about the ocean currents the most

I think the radiation from the plants circulates back to hawaii according to some of the maps I've seen....

three eyed fish anyone?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

Yellow residue from what I've seen, I've noticed it too, and I live on the same island as Solar. Hard to get good info here, though...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy

What color was the residue?

Sorry, replied to the wrong person. Yellow residue, and I have seen it myself as well.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
It is a yellowish brown residue.

Doesn't look good in any way. Very strange.

Just feel kinda weird that there isn't more info on this.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Yellowish residue after rain in this case COULD be radiation (as per Chernobyl info), but could also be pollen as well (at least that was what they told the Japanese recently). Do you ever get any kind of yellowish residue after rain?

I'm not an expert on this by any means, and I could be totally wrong. I have been following the thread relating to the crisis in Japan, though. Let me see if I can flag down one of the posters on that thread that has some knowledge and get their input.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

It is simply not normal. I have never seen rain like this before in my entire time living in Hawaii.

I really don't know what to say, you know why? there is no information on this. What's up with that.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I posted on the other thread asking for an assist from some of the other posters. Not too many are on that thread at the moment, but they're pretty good about getting back to people.

Hang in there and we'll see what we can find out.

ETA: Just to be on the safe side, I would keep pets/kids away from the residue, and wash down anything you have to touch. Also, I'm guessing you would have checked it already if you have/know someone who has a geiger counter, but if you haven't and are able, that would be good, too.
edit on 16-4-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

It is simply not normal. I have never seen rain like this before in my entire time living in Hawaii.

I really don't know what to say, you know why? there is no information on this. What's up with that.

I live on the dry side of the island, where there is NO pollen. Yellow dust all over. Total lack of information coming from the authorities, just saying "don't worry, everything is fine, the milk tastes good."

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

Not sure if the "milk" part was a joke or not, but I would NOT drink the milk till you find out what's going on. There HAVE been elevated levels of radiation in milk in several areas of the US. Also either avoid or wash off fruits/vegetables/leafy plants before eating.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Just as others said, yellow/black rain was seen after Chernobyl, just as in Tokyo a few weeks ago (not sure of the exact date). Just like Chernobyl, the government told the people it was due to "pollen", not mentioning anything related to radiation. There are accounts of people playing in the yellow rain, and how later they would lose their hair and how cancer incidences went up. Also, how the yellow rain is mostly seen as "yellow dust", which you say you see all over.

Remembering Chernobyl
Yellow Rain Falls In Tokyo? Pollen Excuse Exact Same As Chernobyl Yellow Rain Lie

Give these a read when you can.

Be careful and be smart.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy

Not sure if the "milk" part was a joke or not, but I would NOT drink the milk till you find out what's going on. There HAVE been elevated levels of radiation in milk in several areas of the US. Also either avoid or wash off fruits/vegetables/leafy plants before eating.

Not a joke at all, just related to another thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The official response from the state was some thing to the effect of, "don't worry, the milk tastes good, keep drinking it." No joke.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Wow. If you could get that on record (written or audio), that would be good.

I did check this site: www.radiationnetwork.com...

for radiation levels in Japan, but they only have one monitoring station, and it's showing very low (no cause for concern below about 100 CPM is what they say). I've noticed 60 or so is the norm in Denver, and mid-40's in L.A. (and no yellow rain here so far).

Someone just starred my post on the other thread, so maybe we'll get some info here shortly.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join