It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Radiation Made it to Hawaii?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Can you take a picture of the residue so that we can see it?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

Hi - I live in Hawaii on the Big Island on a farm, I have a geiger counter and I watch radiation levels daily at the following site: radiationnetwork.com...

If you compare the radiation levels posted here and on the mainland, Los Angeles, Denver, Washington State, and New Jersey are being BOMBARDED with radiation levels high above anything reaching the Hawaiian Islands. I believe this is because we are actually south of the gulf stream and most of the air current carrying the radiation goes straight to the west coast of the US.

My advice to OP is to monitor independent sites daily and purchase a geiger counter. That is the only way you'll know what is really going on.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I live here too and think the residue was due to pollen. This time of year always brings with it a few weeks of really increased pollen and then it goes away. I know I have been constantly sneezing for about two/three weeks in April for a few years.

As far as radiation goes, I know that they have found radiation in the milk that is produced on the Big Island. The report I heard was that it was at 17 picoliters when the safety limit was 33,000 picoliters. Other than that I have heard nothing.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
These are such unsure times.

There are so many possible outcomes from all of this.

I mean seriously all we can do is just wait and see what will happen.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
My family has been planning a move to Maui for over 2 years.We just started solidifying the final plans and move date right before this accident happened. We have a 3 year old and a 1 year old. I don't know what the hell to do now. Our dreams are being dashed. I'm so angry and scared. I don't want to put my kids in harms way but I think they already are. Maybe it's time to move south..... far south. :^(

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by colbyforce

I really don't know what to say.

I am as much in the dark about all this as you.

I just wish we had some detailed information about this.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

yellow residue could be pollen as well...just so you know. I know in different locations it's different but this time every year the pollen floating around in the rain and in the air makes my nice shiney black car IMPOSSIBLE to keep decent looking

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
As you know, I have had similar experiences on the east coast. Lots of residue in the rain smearing my windows like I hadn't seen before..

On a side note.. I just looked at this site for first time today.. but around 9 am, I had a thought that you had started this thread.. clicked on new threads and there it was.. wierd
edit on 16-4-2011 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Personally, I follow this site concerning the subject

enenews.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DarylHamblett

Thanks for posting that link. Those articles seem most informative.

We need all the information we can get, and this site seems to compile information from all over the web.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimisticPessimist
If you have children, please keep them out of the yellow rain - whilst many (not actually in the firing line) will tell you it's nothing to worry about, right after an unprecidented massive nuclear accident would anyone in their right mind want to take the chance it's not radioactive!? Better safe than sorry - does that saying not count anymore?

Keeping out of the radioactive rain is a good idea whether it is yellow or not. The radioactive particles are washed out of the air with rain... but they do not color the rain yellow. So if you are only taking cover from the yellow rain, you are forgetting that radiation is invisible.

One other point to consider... if radiation is stressing the trees, they will emit more pollen ... kinda like a survival tactic.

In this case the pollen in Japan is from the cedar and cypress trees...

from the nuclear emergency thread...

Originally posted by vox2442

Originally posted by svetlana84
rbrtj, care to name some plants which would disperse pollen this time of the year ??
I know the "sakura" cherry blossom season is here. those are not yellow to my knowledge though.

Cedar and cypress are the two main culprits.

Or, if you prefer, Chamaecyparis obtusa and
Cryptomeria

Here's the current pollen count: weathernews.jp...

And a couple of news articles on pollen season from years gone by to outline how bad it is:
search.japantimes.co.jp...
web-japan.org...
archive.metropolis.co.jp...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I noticed yesterday afternoon as it rained that there was a faint smell of something different, so much so that I took a stroll around the grounds to see if anything had been left out like paint or any chemicals. I found nothing out of the ordinary and brushed it off as me just being paranoid. Later on when I got home it was still raining and as I looked out over the ocean just admiring the rain (which is my favorite weather) I was surprised to see nothing but a yellowish, brownish 'haze'. Not blue or anything I normaly see when its raining. I decided to stay inside rather than go enjoy getting a good soaking. Better safe than sorry.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbyforce
My family has been planning a move to Maui for over 2 years.We just started solidifying the final plans and move date right before this accident happened. We have a 3 year old and a 1 year old. I don't know what the hell to do now. Our dreams are being dashed. I'm so angry and scared. I don't want to put my kids in harms way but I think they already are. Maybe it's time to move south..... far south. :^(

The radioactivity from Fukushima will eventually be noticed all around the world, just like it was from Chernobyl, the point is the level that reaches other places. Humans can take a lot of radiation. The proof of that is since our modern world has come along with all the radiowaves, the nuclear testing, the microwaves, etc, our life span has been increasing, not declining.

I see people worried about some low level radioactivity, yet they fly in airplanes thus get exposed to high levels of cosmic gamma rays. People living at high altitudes get doses that are comparatively high say Denver compared to Hawaii

The simplest solution to whether or not to drink the water or the milk or eat the food is to do what they are doing in the countries around Japan... buy a decent Gieger counter and simply check the food... if it reads zero (or very low) no problems chow down.

Now the devices are a little hard to buy right now, but there will be a university or someone who has one. You don't need to check every glass of milk... just one sample from a dated batch is more than enough

You are likely to get more damage from radiation from that cell phone next to your ear than you will get from current levels in the US

Hawaii is a 'be careful' zone because
a) its in direct line of surface winds
b) it is relatively close to Japan

The biggest issue is the length of time that this crisis will continue to release material. Most of it is going into the sea right now... so no further explosions means less will get into the jet stream to reach far places.

So bottom line is having access to a Geiger counter is your best defense, if your that worried that you cannot trust government scanners

Don't forget that when it comes to radiation, government people also have kids... and radiation can't tell elites from commoners

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Celestial1
I noticed yesterday afternoon as it rained that there was a faint smell of something different, so much so that I took a stroll around the grounds to see if anything had been left out like paint or any chemicals. I found nothing out of the ordinary and brushed it off as me just being paranoid.

Fear will make one see hear and smell things you would normally ignore. It is natural as the fear heightens the senses... however radiation is invisible, odorless and tasteless... it is a beam of energy like light coming from the sun, which in fact, being a nuclear furnace, puts out gamma rays the same as a nuclear plant does

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
sorry, but this looks spooky...

transport.nilu.no...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I would suggest taking a sample of the rain if you see it again and take it for testing.
Excellent advice from Master Z~! & my thoughts exactly!!!

There's another factor that hasn't been presented yet, but, since it's about rain, here we go ..

Rain has been somewhat of an issue as of late on ATS, one being a deep concern of mine Rash from Rain or you can just have to search RAIN and you'll get a 1000 hits if not a million~!

Yellow rain was also at Chernobyl as many of the members have pointed out as well.. I'd keep a watch on the skies and check for air traffic .. within 1-3 days of contrails, it'll start to rain....it's a pattern..

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Im an Oahu resident myself.

Anyone notice unusual nose-bleeding? Ive lived here my entire life.. never had blood run out of my nose up until about 2 weeks ago.

Not nessecarily connecting it to the Fukushima plants, but odd none the less.

No yellowish rain noticed here. I set up a few glasses outside to see if they collected anything or had a film on them.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon how come you are so awesome?

You speak massive truth and I love it. Feed me more.

You do bring up one of the greatest points ever made... Cell phones emit an vast amount of radiation, and where does that cell phone go? Right next to your ear and brain. Great point Zorgon.

That is why hands free headsets for your phones are so important.

Anyway, Zorgon thank you for your knowledgeable posts.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DarylHamblett

That's Xe-133. I don't think it is as dangerous as Cesium-137 and Iodine-131.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
That's Xe-133. I don't think it is as dangerous as Cesium-137 and Iodine-131.

It's not...

Xenon-133 (brand name Xeneisol, ATC code V09EX03) is an isotope of Xenon. It is a radionuclide that is inhaled to assess pulmonary function, and to image the lungs. It is also often used to image blood flow, particularly in the brain. Xe-133 is also an important fission product.

en.wikipedia.org...-133

what it IS is proof that the fuel rods are not being cooled properly despite what TEPCO says

Relatively high concentrations of radioactive xenon isotopes are also found emanating from nuclear reactors due to the release of this fission gas from cracked fuel rods or fissioning of uranium in cooling water.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join