It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's something/someone in my bedroom with me that shouldnt be....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rohdan
reply to post by Garfee

having a mental sickness has nothing to do with intelligence. the smartest people suffer from that. so don't put words in my mouth.

you have your own qualifications? from a stupid university?

From a university in New Zealand and another in Australia. Does it matter?

How childish you are to not even add to this thread other than to use such a basic insult and earlier simply to state that the OP - and indirectly anyone having experience similar - is a mental case and that everything can be explained by what you know in your own head.

Why not admit, as I posted before, that there are things in life that people sometimes experience which psychology, psychiatry and other mental heath sciences can not explain?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
gdaub,

I apologize on behalf of the ignorance of some of the posters. I'm sad that especially here on ATS, where open-mindedness is encouraged, there are some so quick to want to debunk for the sake of debunkment regardless of the issue, or an OP's request for insight and help.

On the other hand, some others here have offered some helpful and insightful responses and suggestions, thereby hopefully given you some encouragement and assurance.

As others, I too have a bit of experience with this sort of thing. My advice ressonates with some of the other suggestions. Maybe I can throw in some further ideas by proposing that you handle the situation in incremental steps:

Step one is to center yourself. Here you are: Scared; your fear is being compounded by the fact that you are feeling like a real ninny. Add lack of sleep, and other issues in your personal life, such as whatever put you in the situation or circumstnace which led you to move back home with your parents--I'm guessing since girlfriend is in the picture (and house) too, there are extra stressors which, for a still-young man of 23, are probably a heavy load. (My heart goes out to you.) Okay. So take a deep breath. Exhale.

Step two: Stay calm inside yourself by going into your root--that of who you are spiritually--whether that includes a set of "traditional beliefs" or not. At this point find yourself a talisman. This could be anything of special significance to you. Preferably this would be something that has meant something to you for a while--such as a meaningful piece of jewelry, a special rock or stone--maybe something you picked up along the way as a kid...stay away from refrigerators or birdcages or the like because you'll need the object to be small enough to hold easily.

With the talisman in your hand, breath and exhale and center your root into the hand you hold your talisman. This does not need to be a long drawn out meditation exercise (although it can become that should you wish to move along those lines later--this is just now for the purpose of giving yourself the quickest relief possible.)

You are now armed with your own power. Carry or wear the talisman and sleep with it. Whenever you feel afraid or anxious, close your hand over your talisman and do the breath thing. Repeat if needed until you feel calm/calmer.

Step three: Since this is happening on what sounds like a daily basis and in daylight as well as night, I'd start in the bathroom. Sounds like everytime you go in there the thing is there. Wait until you are alone in the house and go there leaving the door open as if you're just going into whiz. (Hold onto the talisman if you like--already you should be feeling it as assuring.) Now speak in a very firm steady voice. Use your own lingo but it should be something like this: "LOOK! Around here we respect our privacy. It is NOT okay for you to be in here when I am in here. If you need to be in here the rest of the time--fine--but when I'm in here it is NOT okay with me. I'm going to count to three and then I expect you gone, and do not again disrespect my privacy." In a completely dismissive way do your whiz then (or pretend to) and then you leave as well. There is something about certain "order" (protocal) that will disallow a poltergiest type from crossing certain boundaries. I would not say this isn't considered "taunting" on your part; rather, setting boundaries.

Step four: Consider doing what one of the other posters suggested regarding smudging. This may be especially beneficial since somewhere you mentioned you live near old Native American grounds. As they are a spiritual people, honoring a ritual which belongs to their heritage can't hurt.

By now you should feel like you've gathered some semblance of "control" over the situation. At least you are doing something and are not letting yourself be immobilized by fear.

Next step is to face this being at night, in bed, when you are most vulnerable, afraid and anxious. Some of the other posters had it right--negative energies feed on fear, so if you are afraid, and it is a negative, then the thingy will take advantage and become bolder. In your mind's eye surround yourself with goodness, love, blessings, and a "blanket" of white light. There are a number of different ways to do this effectively and there's much material on it out there to research if you so chose to. Simply put, just when you surround yourself with these positive vibrations, they counterbalance the negative. The negatives become bored and move on. The more you do it (the mind's eye trick) the more easily it will become to conjure this loving protection in a blink of an eye. As you settle yourself into sleep (yeah, I know--you're snugging up to her...:-) ) envision yourself folded into huge feathered white wings such as of a majestic eagle, or angel, or whatever...the boa off the stripper from down the road...it doesn't matter--(for now anyway). If you can accept calling upon an angelic presence this would be the time to ask for help--you just won't believe how quickly they'll be there, but you have to ask.

These things should help. If they do not, then there are other possibilities invoking the scenerio. If so, this may include needing paranormal/spiritual professionals to become involved. There is also possibility that you have a female admirer who is jealous of your girlfriend and you are being attached psychically.

There is a slim chance, as another poster suggested, you are being visited by loving entities such as guardians angels, spirits of loving relatives or such, however these spirits would not be frightening to you. The dimensions from which they come would not be likely to involve so much "physical" presence either, such as the red mark on your face.

Hope that helps. You are exhausted. I hope you can sleep more easily.

annabanana

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Did you enter the Sphere?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

ok....so some have been asking if i have tried anything...and im sorry to say that yes i have....last night i was reading what some of the posters wrote and i reading it out loud...i think tht wasa bad idea...so as i was reading one that someone wrote that whas telling me to tell this thing that im not affraid and told it that it wasnt so bad...the shelf where i leave my bathroom stuff in the closet at almost the exact same time had my shaving kit go tumbling to the floor...i jumped almost through the wall...my girlfriend actually became a little frieghtened too and now i hope that it doesnt start with the both of us since my girlfriend has witnessed this alsobut i tink that dana even tho frieghtened still sees it being just mere coinsidence...i actually had a chance to go to sleep before Dana last night but i made her lay on my side of the bed so i could be against the wall and she would be between me and the thing..i know thats a pussy move to use my girlfriend as a barrier but sometimes you gotta do what you gotto do...so anyway she was up must the night and at least she didnt wake me up because of something...she when shes on the interent she tends to block most things out or maybe the thing really doesnt have interest in her because if something did happen she woulda woke me up i know would
...but anyway shes still sleeping so ill ask when she wakes up if she noticed anything
edit on 16-4-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Wachstum

im definately not a fraud...i am 100% stating the truth....and why dont you search native americans in my area and hopefully you will get what you need to change your mind...my lacation is posted so feel free...what? you dont hink that people live in the same areas as indians once did? if thats the case you need some lessons in maybe even your own local history

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Rohdan

i am definatelty not crazy...i am just a normal guy thats having these real experiances..like i said in an earlier post,believe me or not,i know whats happening to me to be true and i didnt come on here to try to prove anything to anyone

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I don't know if you're religious or not. I am. I am Catholic. If you feel comfortable, you should contact someone within the Catholic church to do a blessing on your home. You may need more than a blessing... but that's a place to start. You need a professional... often times when we try to rid these types of entities, beings, demons, spirits (or whatever you want to call them) if they are negative in nature, they will come back three fold. The advice given by all the members here has been great. But from personal experience with stuff like this, you need a professional. If you aren't religious and don't want anything to do with it, contact a medium or someone who knows what they are doing to rid you of all this.
Evil spirits are usually territorial, generational (meaning they stick with families generation after generation) or take up space in physical objects. Sounds like you are dealing with a territorial one. I'm curious what is so special about the room you are in and the bathroom.
I feel for you as I know what it is like to be gripped by fear of the unknown.
I'm curious...Are there nights that you sleep alone without your girlfriend? Does it happen when she is NOT around as well? Or is when she is physically there? I know you go to the bathroom alone, but is your girlfriend still in the house?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Hey OP.

Thanks for posting your experience. Ignore the guy that demanded evidence.... obviously he didn't realize this was a personal experience rather than you presenting evidence of the event.

Anyhow, I wouldn't be so concerned about getting rid of "it". I've posted this several times before, and I've told so many people with these situations ... whatever it is, is not necessarily there to cause harm to you. Whatever is on the other side of the veil that we cannot see on a daily basis, probably has just as hard a time coming over to our side to communicate or investigate.

Just be aware of the entity, try to keep calm, and explore what is happening around you. We are the pioneers into this other world, science or other people are not going to be able to teach us what this other world is, we have to find out for ourselves.

Keep me posted.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
gdaub,

What an extraordinary experience!
------------------------------------------------
To ATS:
First of all, at the risk of being further dissed than I already have been on numerous forums on this site, I will say that I am APPALLED at the bad manners and disrespectful posts by people like "audio asassin" and the like-minded.

WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE JUST LEAVE SINCERE POSTERS ALONE???!!!

Not everything can be explained by photos and recordings, nor can things you have never experienced simply be "impossible" or "hoaxes", for crying out loud!

MODS: PLEASE, can you do a bit more to sanction/remove the one-line posters, the haters, the naysayers, the members who are obviously here ONLY to mock and disrespect? I'm a new member, yes, but I was very hopeful that in this site I would find acceptance of my thoughts and experiences as just as VALID as anyone else's.

Discussion is one thing, but blatant rudeness is just RUDE!! If you aren't interested or don't believe in whatever the thread concerns, then just Shut the H Up!
-----------------------------------
back to gdaub:

I have read the replies suggesting Wiccan arts, Christian methods, taunting and challenging...and in only one did I see someone mention that maybe -- whatever this entity is -- it's trying to get your attention, and possibly needs help, or HAS HELP TO OFFER YOU.

You mentioned Dana was sometimes unpleasant - how long have you been with her? Is she right for you? Maybe, as you are in your childhood home again, this entity -- or energy -- is trying to communicate something to you that it is very concerned about regarding your future or your safety. If Dana is not receptive to what you are experiencing - or tells you it's stupid or whatever - that seems perhaps to indicate the entity is only interested in dealng with you, for whatever reason.

I agree that possibly you could look a little deeper into your own situation as well, re the fact that you had to move back home, and that Dana is there as well. Clearly you are under stress, and the naysayers notwithstanding, I myself have years of experience as a psychotherapist, AND a person familiar with many different paranormal theories, and have myself had more than one experience that I would call paranormal.

Getting a history of the house might also reveal information about events or circumstances that might have disrupted a previous or extra-dimensional resident's equilibrium. If there is no history of violent or tragic or sinister activity recorded, then I would certainly consider the Native American idea -- years ago I was riding my mare down by the river and suddenly felt a Native American's spirit - a wise woman - was speaking to me and directing me to investigate the place's pre-modern culture and history (which I did, and found as I was tilling a garden an eons old flint scraper verified as prehistoric at the local natural history museum).

Lastly, I might suggest that you acknowledge the entity gently - like a little kid poking your shoulder, it's irritating, but once you give the kid some attention and hear what it has to say, the poking stops. Disembodied entities - or those in a parallel and (to our brains) "invisible" dimension - or those with whom we shared previous lifetimes - DO exist, I am certain of it. (AND NO, I DON'T HAVE PROOF, AUDIO ASASSIN, SO BACK OFF).

gdaub, Perhaps you could try being friendly? Asking it to tell you what it needs? Ask how to share the space? Offer it something (heck, i don't know, milk and cookies? cigs and a beer?).

In any case, as I understand it, this thing is touching and poking you, pulling on the covers, but so far only getting your attention in a pretty alarming way. Where did that bed come from? Was it previously owned?

I will follow this thread, I find it fascinating, and again --

I find it APPALLING that the mods allow so many slams and flames to go on here - on what is purported as an intellectual, open-minded place to discuss things that are NOT "proven".

Sigh.
Considering just not coming here anymore, there are just SOoo many haters.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by coder22

Hmmm .... You're right and you're untitled to it
, I wasn't trying to come across in a negative way, I was simply just trying to explain why it's a bad idea. I apologize if I came across negatively, I re-read my post about 10 times, but you know how it is, it's hard to put your actual tone of voice into words, to me it was fine, but I know I have a problem with voicing what I'm trying to say sometimes, and people take it wrong. So I hope you will try and see it in the light as I was trying to say it, which was not negative. I was trying to make light in a teasing sort of way, it must have come across differently, I was grinning as I was typing it. Maybe it would have helped if I put a smiley with it, eh?

Back on topic, you can feel empowered with a gun in your hand too, until you accidentally shoot someone you love or even yourself. The reason why this is not a good idea, is precisely that, it's fake bravery, and anything could happen and go wrong. You need to understand, you are not dealing here with your average burglar, you are dealing with something with a serious edge over you, one of the biggest factors in it's favor that it's invisible, it could come at you from any angle.

Ok, so if we're dealing here with a person, what happens when you antagonize a person? It might make you feel powerful, until they loose control of their temper, because you've pushed too many buttons. Same here, only in this instance, it can do things you can't, like hurt you, where as you in your flesh body, can't do anything to it. All you have, in your suggestion, are words, make it angry enough, it can use a whole lot more than words back at you, and since you can't hear it's words, it's going to make it's anger known in much more threatening and violent ways. What you are suggesting is paramount to you antagonizing and p&%#ing off an armed burglar when all you have is your mouth. You're looking for trouble, and trouble is what you're going to get. It knows full well you can't hurt it, and it knows full well you can't haunt it, spirits aren't stupid and will know that you are putting up false bravery, and not think for one second that you're crazy enough, and leave you alone. This is all assuming that it is a negative entity, it's going to know it's a put on.

Do you see why there's huge holes in your theory?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Gdaub , please do me a favor tonight. Turn your TV to TBN or Turn on (KLove) a christian music channel. If you dont have a radio you can play it with your laptop from their website.

I promise you...it will work. If it start changing the stations or TV channel...all you have to do is outrun your girlfriend and youll be fine! lol

Actually you do not have to wait till tonight (advisable you do it at night to) , but just turn it on right now or whenever and let it play and see if anything changes.

Its a possibility it may not be there during the day however , im not sure the reason why but in Solomons Key , solomons says the Demons mainly show their self at night for in the day...they are ashamed.

edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

see,im not a religous person and really havent even thought that was life after death or some kinda religous spiritual world that we dont understand...i dont know if this thing is trying to prove to me something that i once thought was bogus or what it is but i will definately try al the different ways that posters have told me to go about this...and i guess yours like others that posted it would be the simplest way to go about my situation...it sounds like the thing will be offended by most of the posts ut this seems like it wouldnt put me in any further trouble with it...so ill try anything to get some peace and also allows me not to offend whatever it is..so thank you and will let you know how it goes

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rohdan

What exactly are you accusing me of?

Are you saying that it was all in my mind, entity included?

Ok, I'll give you this to mull over
Seeing as I can't see you, never met you, never spoken to you over the phone, all I have as evidence of your existence, are your typed words, Does that mean you are a bot designed to con#ulate people simply because I believe that you are
in fact how do I know anything is real, how do I know my laptop, and my husband and my kids are real? How do I know my house and car are real? ... how do I know I am real? they might just be figments of my imagination too.

If your comment was regarding the believing in something, let me ask you this; if I was drinking meths, because I believed it was good for me, does it make it good for you? Would you then go and drink it, because I believed it was good for me, although you believed otherwise, thinking it would have the same effect? When I say you have to believe it what you are doing, then I mean, you can't go and do something against your beliefs, and as I explained above, what you believe in this instance, doesn't necessarily make it just imagination.

Do you understand what I am getting at? Where as I am in complete agreement with you, the mind truly is a powerful thing, but that doesn't mean that things aren't real, where does one draw the line, or know when it's real or imagination? And how do you then try to explain it to somebody else on the other side of the world, who doesn't believe in anything supernatural, and chooses to believe that anything that goes beyond understanding, is just imagination and the power of the mind? What would be the point in having a discussion on a topic regarding paranormal, with somebody that already has their mind made up, that it's just one's imagination? And since your mind is already made up, on the subject, may I ask you, what are you doing on this thread?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
He's climbin in yo window, snatchin yo people up...

Sorry i couldn't resist. Anyway, have you thought about bringing in a psychic to see if they pick up anything unusual?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Go with your senses here, if you feel something is wrong then something is wrong.
Quick story of my own here, My wife (girl friend at the time) lived in a fairly old house which was divided up into 4 apartments.
I spent a lot of time there and nothing seemed out of the ordinary.
Now she had lived there for about 6 years before we met......this is important.
One night I was having a bath in this old claw foot tub which I could barley fit into.
She was in the kitchen and she heard me say out loud...(someone died in this room). I was just sitting there having a smoke and a soak and this just popped out of my mouth. We were not conversing back and forth at the time it was just a quiet night.
She came into the bathroom and asked me what I just said? I kind of looked at her like ....what the heck?
I then told here I felt someone had died in her bathroom.
It was a real strong ....no actually positive feeling that I was right and someone died a violent death here.
We had a talk about it and then it was forgotten about after a few days.
Well about 3 years later we are going to get married and so we are moving out to our own Townhouse.
First thing we move is the water bed and the bed room is right up against the tub I was soaking in.
Once we drained the bed and moved it there was this huge black stain underneath the bed.
This is all very old (100 years at least) hard wood flooring and there is no doubt that this stain was blood.
The wife then told me she forgot that when she moved in the Landlady told here she could not get that stain out no matter what she tried but it should not be a problem because your bed will cover it up.
The bath I was in was originally a part of that bedroom or whatever room it was before they cut the house up into four apartments.
To the OP don't pay attention to people demanding proof......I believe you and anyone who has experienced something like you have will believe you without a doubt.
Check my posting history, this is the first ever post I have made dealing with this issue.
It just stuck me as very real.
S&F Regards, Iwinder
edit on 16-4-2011 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

i havent even thought that far ahead...before i posted this the only other people that knew about thi was my family...until recieving some of these posts i didnt know what to do...but im definately debating on whats the best thing for me to do...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Sounds like a Succubus event.

Only bothering you when you are alone, following you into the bathroom, watching you shower, not bothering your girl.

When and if you happen to have a vivd dream of an attractive women attempting to seduce you, I would say leave as soon as you can, or you can do what nithaiah posted.

Is there any history of that bedroom? ie Deaths, violence, etc.?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Okay, first off, smoking something would probably make it worse cause it will mess with your senses. Next off, from all that I've read and learned on things like this, it's just leftover spitural residue. It feeds off energy. Negative energy, fear, hate, anger, that's what gives it power.

The best thing for you to do, if you haven't done it yet, it to be polite and nip your fear in the bud. Kill the fear ha ha! Okay, sorry, off-topic. The trick is to not radiate any negative energy to feed it. And hey, if all else fails, you can always do it exorcism...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Considering just not coming here anymore, there are just SOoo many haters.

I wouldn't pay too much heed to the haters and naysayers.

Don't leave though.

We need all the positive vibes we can get around here, and if all the good 'uns leave, there'll be nothing but idiots left.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Try it out and let me know how it goes
worked for me , should work for you. I hope any way , otherwise youd have to convert to christianity and i know you probably dont want to do that

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join