It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Gets Arrested For Making Joke In New York City

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

illegal search and siezure.. the safe .. oh screw it, you should know your own constitution.

Brindle, you're a great trombly..

watch generation kill for the reference unless you know it intimately.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Trying being a cop in one of the big cities and see how much crap you have to put up with each and every day then tell us if cops can't have some leeway. Dope peddlers, rude taxi drivers, out of control traffic and parking, mafia gangs, etc.

Its not easy and yes there is corruption. The world is not perfect! I can't believe some people make a big deal out of a cop having a bad day. # happens. Get over it!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I am gobsmacked. The guy did literally nothing wrong, So much for freedom of speech, terrorists are allowed to insight fundamentalist hatred on our streets without question, yet a man makes a joke about a bicycle and he is arrested and treated like a criminal.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Hahahha eddie kane is just walking across the street so slowly LMAO

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Trying being a cop in one of the big cities and see how much crap you have to put up with each and every day then tell us if cops can't have some leeway.

No, not this kind of "leeway."

If you're going to arrest people who aren't even breaking the law, then YOU deserve to go to jail!

Why don't they just give the people some kind of leeway and just GET OFF OUR BACKS AND STOP PUTTING PEOPLE IN JAIL FOR DOING NOTHING WRONG?

I don't care how much your job sucks. If you don't like it, then QUIT! It's no remedy to the situation to arrest people for making jokes! It's only going to make it that much worse on you because that's a PERFECT reason to hate cops! They're doing the exact opposite of what they're supposed to be doing!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

just because some pansy cop has a bad day handing out useless tickets to bike riders dosent mean they should throw their weight around. this guy got arrested because someone had a bad day but that may affect him the rest of his life. cops are just useless trash

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by asher

in almost all aspects, they designed these laws that can give the cops even more power over the populace

they give the blue bastards with badges more authority over EVERYONE else no matter what the situation. if they were found to be in the wrong.... no, impossible. cops can NEVER do wrong according to the judges and a good number of NY court cases i can bring up.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

My first question would be..... why does it take a van full of pigs to write up a guy on a bike? Or were they going somewhere and saw easy money. I mean..... a law being broken. And had to protect the community by writing up the offending biker..

Sometimes I wish a crowd would just beat the crap out of moronic cops.. bring them down a peg.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by asher

Exactly. I don't even want to hear all the selfish whining about pigs having a bad day being pigs. That's to be expected. Being arrested is not something that magically goes away when you wake up the next morning. That's why people are pissed at them in the first place, for making arrests like this when no one is really doing anything wrong.

"Ohh waaahh I'm in a bad mood so I'm going to send this guy to jail for making a joke. That'll show him.. and make me feel a little better..."

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Let's try this again. I'm sure this topic is about free speech. Really sure. This man was arrested for making a joke.

I have said that George Carlin fortold of this event. George Carlin warned us that we are living in a police state. I said George Carlin was a prophet. He was also a comedian. This man in the video that this topic is discussing, was arrested for expressing his freemdom of speech. That's what I'm trying to do.

I claim that since I believe George Carlin told jokes that were really truths, he is a prophet. I put my own thread link on this page and asked if anyone wanted to join my church. My last post on that thread was a link to this discussion because it is proof that he was right...

You have no choice, or freedom to speak. There's limits obviously. I believe that man was arrested unjustly. There's just way too much injustice around and toooooo many curbs on our freedoms. I guess if you want to join my church you'll just have to use your brains and track down the information.

Poor man. Arrested for telling a joke. The first man to die is the funny man.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

the bike laws make no sense....

i had 4 pigs surround me and my bike the other night when i got a red light ticket

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
Is this cop an idiot? YES

Bad arrest? YES

Does he need to answer for it? YES

All cops Nazis? NO

There are people that are bad at thier job in every profession...extrapolating it to all police is illogical and hateful.

Good post but Ive added a few for us to consider

Are all citizens crooks? NO

Are all Nations apart from USA/WEST EVIL? NO

Are all Laws right? NO

Are we really EQUAL to our leaders/masters? NO

Do you really have FREEDOM OF SPEECH? NO

But this doesnt stop our goverments from saying YES?

READ THIS 400 BILLION DRUG MONEY www.nakedcapitalism.com...

Gates Launches ‘Comprehensive Review’ to Find $400 Billion in Defense Cuts
www.bloomberg.com...

They take 400 billion from mexican drug cartels and let them keep it and buy jets for shipping of drugs to your streets. Now they cut the jobs in defence and public sector your friends and fellow citizens.

GENERAL ELETRIC PAY NO TAXES
www.zanesvilletimesrecorder.com... e-tax-rates?odyssey=nav|head

AND WATCH THIS VID (STRAWMAN)
www.youtube.com...

I wonder how long can this all go on how long will you let them FOOL YOU AMERICA

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kojack
i had 4 pigs surround me and my bike the other night when i got a red light ticket

You know why? Because they knew they had no sense of morality at all and were acting exactly like a criminal gang would. They're expecting you to resist them, especially if it was only 1 cop. So there are 4 of them instead.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

I guees you were having a few shots of tequila when in this video the man walked away from the cops when they asked him for his I.D....

and of course you are obliged to comply if you have done nothing wrong?
i think you need to put the tequila down, because it means one of two things, either the cops were trying to arrest a man for not commiting an offence and they will be dismissed as a result, or you are no longer a free citizen in the united states of america.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by pngxp

when cops tell you to do something, you do it. whether its to stop running your mouth or to put the weapon down. YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO DO IT. PERIOD. if you dont, thats your decision and you have to face the consequences.

That is not necessarily true. In my state of Texas I know for a fact there are 2 types of "talk" from the police. 1. is a request (e.g.- would you please open your trunk for me (so that I can search it without a warrant?)) and 2. a command (e.g. - cop is directing traffic and directs/commands you to drive through the intersection, even if it has a stop sign or the light is red. You cannot be guilty of breaking the law if a policeman COMMANDS you to do something)

So, before you blindly do what a cop says, ask him/her if they are asking/requesting you or commanding you to.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kojack

i think if i remember right, they gave about 260 cyclists tickets for running red lights along the park drive in Central Park in one given week. WE ARE NOT V6 ENGINES!!!! what the hell makes the city think that they can enforce traffic laws that were designed to REGULATE CARS, NOT BICYCLES? as a messenger, yes I'm gonna keep riding through red lights cause I'm on a time limit and I'm not a V6 engine, I'm a human being. i slow down when pedestrians are present, of course they got the right of way, but i do not have time for a full stop and there are no cars or buses passing by, do you know how much energy you're burning just to maintain a high enough speed?

if anything, i would love to be in Arizona....

Per the NYDOT Website

Follow the Rules of the Road

Obey traffic regulations: stop at red lights, obey signs, observe speed limits, and follow lane markings.* Cyclists in New York State have the same rights and responsibilities as motorized vehicle operators.
Never ride against traffic.* Drivers do not expect bicyclists riding on the wrong side of the street. Even in marked bike lanes, ride in the direction of traffic.
Use hand signals. Signal in advance of turns.*
Never wear headphones while cycling. *

I used to live in NY and been hit by bike messengers more than once because they do not follow the rules, you have to stop at the red like every one else.

The OP video was about a man who did not break the laws, you in your own admission did so and was caught. Way different thing.

I and currently live in Phoenix, if you ride the way you do in NYC here you will not last long, the drivers here are some of the worst in the nation.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Trying being a cop in one of the big cities and see how much crap you have to put up with each and every day then tell us if cops can't have some leeway.

Cops can not have some leeway.

The nature of thier job demands that they never take out their frustration on a bystander who hasn't broken the law. If they can't restrain themselves, keep thier cool amidst the insanity, then it's time to turn in thier badge.

Again..all that said...this cop efed up, but it in no way means that all cops or even the majority of them are bad.

3 times...3 times I have been arrested for similiar circumstances...due to mouthing off etc.

Once I got an apology, twice I just got released. I got slammed to the pavement once in a no name town in Georgia...for not crossing at the crosswalk...no kidding. I am sure it had nothing to do with the black friend I was with who also got arrested/cuffed/searched/booked for jaywalking.

That said...cops have also saved my life...once the cop was even off duty and waded into an ugly mess I got myself into where it was 5 on 1....he certainly didn't have to...and he didn't show his badge until the fighting was over. He was a bit of a cowboy

I had a troubled youth and knew a lot of cops....the vast majority of which were good people.

When they ef up they should be held accountable, but they also shouldn't have to put up with folks that assume they are bad people because of the uniform.

These kinds of "Cop Hater" threads gross me out a little.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
facebook

im sick of america just taking this crap from the police and government. we just bend over and take it. we eat and get so fat that we dont want to do anything about it. were comfortable with our crappy benifits and health care. the NWO or whoever can have america its already a piece of S#!^ country ive lost all patriotism i had for the usa. and this is coming from someone who used to be in the navy

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by fordrew

My first question would be..... why does it take a van full of pigs to write up a guy on a bike? Or were they going somewhere and saw easy money. I mean..... a law being broken. And had to protect the community by writing up the offending biker..

Sometimes I wish a crowd would just beat the crap out of moronic cops.. bring them down a peg.

I don't usually agree with you Rockpuck, but this time I have to say I agree wholeheartedly. Does anyone remember when cops used to walk the beat and RESPECT the public? I guess not. If these cops truly believed in their American heritage, they would not act this way. This is why I see all cops as being traitors to our society at large.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join