It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Gets Arrested For Making Joke In New York City

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I cannot believe anyone of you are so upset about this?

The guy keeps mouthing off and mouthing off, even when the cop tells him to mind his own business he keeps mouthing off. It's got nothing to do with him so when hes constantly giving the police back chat after they tell him to leave its his own fault.

Some of you lot get your knickers in a twist for no reason. Theres no conspiracy here, no breaches of human rights no nothing. Get a grip.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
ok to all of you foolish people who think it was right for the police to do that,and for those that think this is not nazi behaviour.

the man happily walked past,clearly not drunk,or on posing any threat.

and said a sarcastic joke towards the white guy,nothing malicious what so ever.

and with that the SS jump out of there armored vehicle and ask the man to show them his papers....he asked why he has to show his papers..and is told to shut up,while they handcuff him.

bundle him in the armored vehicle,with the back up of more SS in there street cruiser's

to lock him up for process and interrogation..

how can any sound minded person find this acceptable is beyond me..it's what our forefathers died for...IE: Nazi tyranny.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liamoville

The guy keeps mouthing off and mouthing off, even when the cop tells him to mind his own business he keeps mouthing off. It's got nothing to do with him so when hes constantly giving the police back chat after they tell him to leave its his own fault.

Some of you lot get your knickers in a twist for no reason. Theres no conspiracy here, no breaches of human rights no nothing. Get a grip.

We have the right to free speech. Even if it's offensive. He didn't even say anything offensive. So yes, it is a violation of the first amendment.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Show me your papers, or I will put you in the cooler!!!
NYSS

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Just so you all know, if you get pulled over, cops have no right to search the passengers in the car.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by KDM_Souljah
When sick people in goverment and judiciary make stupid laws that infringe on peoples basic rights,the police are stupid for not questioning those laws and acting apon them,what would a suitable response to police and goverment abusing powers be.

shooting those cops sounds fair,hang the politicons

Are you KIDDING ME??? Shooting those cops seems fair?? Because they are D-Bags for harrasing a guy unfairly??? What the ^&$% makes you so high and mighty??

I read through this thread, and am VERY disappointed by some of th ATS'rs here. All cops are assholes? All cops suck? There all a bunch of pigs?? blahblahblah
WTF??? I cant even believe what the hell I am reading on here.
YES- there are batches of cops that are power hungry.
YES- SOME cops MISSuse their power.
BUT- Does this make every cop an asshole?
Does this mean Every cop should be a target during a revolution?? WTF?

Maybe we should just get rid of ALL the cops, and fend for ourselves. History has really proven that to work well.

We are so quick to blame the governement for EVERYTHING, simply because we dont want to take any blame for OURSELVES. So much easier to blame someone else isnt it?

Fact is, most cops are just people with families at home, trying to make a living, and believe it or not, MANY of them WANT to make a differenve. You have DBAG drug dealers , rapists, child kidnappers, child molesters, murderers, ID stealers, thiefs, GANG bangers unloading clips at anyone who looks at them wongly, none of which has ANY ounce of respect for you or your families, or human life to begin with. Cops get killed all of the time from these people, because they are trying to get this crap off of the street, but I guess its ALL COPS fault?

I guess YOUR going to sto the violence??

This video shows that a couple of cops used bad judgement, and abused their power. OR - Does it show them being frustrated with someone being an asshat while trying to do there job? Your not supposed to ride you bike on the sidewalk? MAYBE IT IS SO NO ONE GETS HURT???? People are idiots, and dont pay attention.

So this guy thought he would be a Pain in the ass and make a smart ass comment to the cops. He wouldnt leave it alone, then he decided he had a point to prove. THATS when it escalated. But again, it was the COPS fault.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mortal0blivion
reply to post by fordrew

There's so many levels of absurdity with this, I don't know where to begin!

It's obviously rediculously absurd to arrest the guy for crackin a joke as he walks by. Anyone who feels differently should immediately seek medical attention, because siding with the cops on that one indicates that you probably suffered major irreversible brain damage somewhere along the way.

But it's pretty F'n absurd that riding a bicycle on the sidewalk warrants being ticketed by the police too!!! There's no scenario anyone could ever describe to me that would convince me that cycling on the sidewalk should be against the law. Clearly NYC & NYPD reached deep into the realm of retardation when they put that offense into play.

There's more absurdity too, but I'm just getting pissed off thinking about it, so I'm just going to leave it alone.

Is it legal for them to stop and search you for ID? Yes.
It is also legal for Wall Street to play games with the nations economy on fraudulently rated derivatives.
It is also legal for them to just pay off a fine when taken to court.
It is also legal in our country for those with the money to fund for us the presidents to pick from.
It is all legal because these MF's have captured our government and make the laws.
In Germany, it was also legal to gas human beings alive.
Everything is legal when your the lawmaker.

Is any of this ethical? Nope. You should be free to walk by and make jokes as you please.

But we don't live in a trust worthy and ethical system any longer since TPTB have made it that way.

All trust is lost and the only thing left to do is wait for the coming bloodshed.
edit on 16-4-2011 by jacobe001 because: Mispelled word

link   

WATCH OUT! You are making sense! Prepare to be attacked by the internet goon squad!
edit on 16-4-2011 by Wookiegonewild because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Reaching
I would never choose a cop as a friend but come on, you don't walk up and get involved when someone is getting a ticket. Regardless of whether you're joking, that's just exacerbating an already tense situation.

I agree.

But the police increased the tension of the situation by responding to the guys joke. If they had just let it slide off of their backs and ignored it, nothing would have come of it.

But because most police feel the need at act all macho, even the women, the situation got worse and it built up to the point where they got to do what they love to do ....... throw their weight around.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by HorizonMan

The thing is he was detained anyway, why is it he needed to say the magic words?

I don't think if he asked 'am i being detained?' it would have changed anything.
edit on 16-4-2011 by HorizonMan because: typo

No he wasn't being detained. If you as a civilian don't speak up for your own rights, nobody else will, especially the cop. The cop was abusing his "power" and if the guy would have followed the procedure that I outlined, even if he ended up being arrested, he would be able to get out of jail and possibly even sue the police. Especially since it was all on video. The officer wasn't detaining him, it only appeared that way. If the guy had simply asked, "Am I being detained," then the officers would have realized that the guy knew his rights and backed off.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I'm still too new to make my own thread but incidents like this are not only in the city. For whatever reason I was awake at 4am today and I found this on the news:
Possible Excessive Force by NFTA Police

But, a spokesman for the NFTA Transit Police says the full security footage from M & T Bank shows a different story.

I'd like to point out that the security footage has not been released (granted he is still in the court circuit). What bothers me is that the spokesman also said no further investigation is necessary.

link   
cops should be forced to provide on a two day basis hormone and illegal drug samples ,
not to mention before and after going and coming back from leave ,

failure to comply results on loss of job

link   

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
And again we get the ATS Anti-police crowds out. People who decry and label all law enforcement as being akin to the devil and sit on some moral high horse. I love the ignorance on issues like this by normally intelligent posters. All cops are evil, blah blah blah. These cops are being jerks and beyond (I agree), so it's okay to paint all of the law enforcement officers in the US/World/Whatever with the widest and most ignorant brush imaginable.

By that same context, shouldn't people fear us ATS users? I mean, a few of our number have done horrific things outside in the sunny real world. Some users are also insane as the day is long. Does this mean we can be unfairly categorized into one or two specific camps and it's okay to have issue with us? It's only fair right?

No judging us on our individual merits or actions, just lumping us together as one? I mean, if we're going by minority actions and biased perceptions of the "other side"....

This is the kind of biased ignorance that is killing ATS. Every-time someone on this site lumps everyone from a specific group or country or religion together they are just demonstrating how intolerant and ignorant they are. Instead of accepting that there is good with the bad, it is instead a rat race to completely demonize whatever is viewed as a threat. Rather than trying to weed out the wrong.

Then again, it's easier to shoot off emails, and post here rather than making a real change and eliminating those who do wrong (in any form) from those who act with temperance and justly (in any circumstance/situation).

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Not all police are corrupt now, but it's hard not to be corrupt if you work for a corrupt government. Search deep and you'll find that throughout history, corrupt nations have had dirty cops. That's what's going on here.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SweetRevenge

There are a lot of dirty cops out there, but there are a lot of good ones. Here. An intelligent poster who just spoke u against the police proclaiming that they aren't all evil.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dementronoid
Not all police are corrupt now, but it's hard not to be corrupt if you work for a corrupt government. Search deep and you'll find that throughout history, corrupt nations have had dirty cops. That's what's going on here.

This in spades

Any human being worth their salt would not go into law enforcement because the laws are designed to work against the majority of American's while the ones at the top who are making these laws, abolish laws to allow them to rape and pillage us and many other people around the world with the military.

Any laws that get in the way of the top 1% is abolished, like the Glass Steagal Act.

If they do happen to break any of the laws, they get off with a slap on the wrist or a small fine.

Sorry, but if your In law enforcement, you are an enabler of these disgusting human beings running this country.

As a human being, you may be a good person, but there is absolutely nothing honorable or upstanding in your choice of career as of late, because of the increase in laws for people to break, just so the state and government coffers can be stuffed at the expense of the majority of the citizenry of this country.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Liamoville

Yeah except you may have missed the part where there is no law against mouthing off a cop. You may even flip em for good measure.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Well you see, here in the United States we have a constitution & a bill of rights which grants all Americans freedom of speech! Dude cracked a joke walkin by. He didn't even stop, he kept walking, they got out of the van & ordered him to come back. He mouthed off cause he didn't feel that he did anything wrong. And he's right. I think most Americans w/ any sense of what's been happening to this country would agree that this man did nothing wrong & these cops completely over stepped their police powers. I for one think it's rather F'n pathetic that NYC has 3 cops on payroll, all driving around in the same vehicle & they're actually writing tickets for people riding bikes on a sidewalk & arresting people for cracking jokes. Quite the waste of tax dollars. They should be doing real police work like "Serving & Protecting". Maybe preventing child abductions, breaking up a domestic disturbance or arresting a drunk driver. Nope, these guys are harrassing innocent people. It's called a police state... British citizens may not mind living in one, but Americans are getting fed up with it. More & more people are waking up to the reality thats been kept hidden from them & when the SHTF & Americans start fighting back, we're gonna take our country back from these animals who've been running the show lately. Sorry we're not content with subjugation, but it's that same discontent that led to our declaration of independence & the formation of this once great constitutional republic!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join