It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Man Gets Arrested For Making Joke In New York City

page: 12
142
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I was going to say how the subtle change in the duties of the police from actually protecting the public from criminals to now protecting the criminal establishment and as dna grabbers has actually pissed me off.


I was going to add how we have witnessed on the national news where their own security cameras filmed a scummy gang of heavily body-armed police happily killing a man at the last G8 in London. Ironically the poor man was not a protestor at all, he was a man who worked in the area, finished for the day and simply wanted to go home. Big crime for him, max pumishment but our court did what? diddy squat.

I was also going to say how I think it stinks that our police get or, use to till recently, get massive mortgage allowances and other perks which none of our other proper public servants receive. That's bribe money to me,

But then, I suddenly remembered how much I actually hate arrogant, weaving cyclists who ride the roads like they are ancient knights cutting down the yokels and I also remembered the decent cops, who these newly recruited brawn-no-brainer thugs that the forces in the UK seem so keen to employ must feel having their reputation which was OK to good for decades go own the pan.




posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder

Originally posted by badw0lf
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder
 


If your inability to quote is as good as how you interpret law, good luck with that.



if you cant have a discussion on here without resorting to smart remarks ..then u have issues....


First you say "you" then "u".

I'm not the one YOU describe.



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liamoville
I cannot believe anyone of you are so upset about this?

The guy keeps mouthing off and mouthing off, even when the cop tells him to mind his own business he keeps mouthing off. It's got nothing to do with him so when hes constantly giving the police back chat after they tell him to leave its his own fault.

Some of you lot get your knickers in a twist for no reason. Theres no conspiracy here, no breaches of human rights no nothing. Get a grip.


Who can handle verbal criticism better? A recent high school graduate, or a cop? If retaliation for mouthing off to a cop, who should be able to handle criticism better than anybody IMO, should be getting arrested and jailed for a few hours, what then is appropriate punishment for mouthing off to a recent high school grad who you should know cannot take verbal criticism nearly as well as a cop can. Three days in jail? And third offense would be what? A year in prison?

The video does not show him "mouthing off" to a cop... though it does show him talking back in a futile effort of verbal self-defense after joking about a cop.

Please be specific: In what way are you in favor of stifling the freedom of speech? Because clearly you believe the freedom of speech should have exceptions, so what are they? Please highlight them in detail for me.
edit on 16-4-2011 by civilchallenger because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf
 


hey i'm not arguing but cops do under the table stuff too



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
New law has been passed people.

When walking past Police Officers - DO NOT SAY ANYTHING. It's the law.

Or else you are now somehow a criminal. And will be taken away.

so Shhhhhhhhhhhh...

Lest the bogeycop get you..




really??...no but really?

that should be changed to, if u walk past officers who are trying to do a job and shout and be rude after they have warned u to keep walking, well they might get out and ask to see ur ID which btw is part of thier job, and when u arent compliant and refuse to show ur id then yes u may be arrested for non compliance....

lets actually lay ALL the facts on the table here rather than leaving out the important points and trying to downplay situations to further validate ur nonsensicle point shall we?



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Trying being a cop in one of the big cities and see how much crap you have to put up with each and every day then tell us if cops can't have some leeway. Dope peddlers, rude taxi drivers, out of control traffic and parking, mafia gangs, etc.

Its not easy and yes there is corruption. The world is not perfect! I can't believe some people make a big deal out of a cop having a bad day. # happens. Get over it!


Fair enough, so long as the cop having a bad day compensates their victims for damages... in this case about $250 for the hassle of having to be arrested to satisfy the damaged ego of a cop who can't handle disagreement. No?



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by civilchallenger

Originally posted by Liamoville
I cannot believe anyone of you are so upset about this?

The guy keeps mouthing off and mouthing off, even when the cop tells him to mind his own business he keeps mouthing off. It's got nothing to do with him so when hes constantly giving the police back chat after they tell him to leave its his own fault.

Some of you lot get your knickers in a twist for no reason. Theres no conspiracy here, no breaches of human rights no nothing. Get a grip.


Who can handle verbal criticism better? A recent high school graduate, or a cop? If retaliation for mouthing off to a cop, who should be able to handle criticism better than anybody IMO, should be getting arrested and jailed for a few hours, what then is appropriate punishment for mouthing off to a recent high school grad who you should know cannot take verbal criticism nearly as well as a cop can. Three days in jail? And third offense would be what? A year in prison?

The video does not show him "mouthing off" to a cop... though it does show him talking back in a futile effort of verbal self-defense after joking about a cop.

Please be specific: In what way are you in favor of stifling the freedom of speech? Because clearly you believe the freedom of speech should have exceptions, so what are they? Please highlight them in detail for me.
edit on 16-4-2011 by civilchallenger because: (no reason given)



it does show him mouthing off..it also shows him refusing to give the officer his id when asked repeatedly..he was being a public nuisance when the police officers where tryin to do thier jobs...so its not all because he made a joke....

he was also rude to an officer
he failed to move on when asked
he failed to hand over his id when asked

THAT is why he was cuffed and arrested....



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder

Originally posted by badw0lf
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder
 


If your inability to quote is as good as how you interpret law, good luck with that.



if you cant have a discussion on here without resorting to smart remarks ..then u have issues....


First you say "you" then "u".

yea fantastic retort...hey people we have the grammar police!!



I'm not the one YOU describe.



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Can't help but think, if he had just shown the policeman his ID in the first place, none of this would have happened



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
If this happened to me I would fight with my fists and take a taser then after I would find out where that pig lives and make his life hell... propety damage nightly, vehicle damage, id hack his computer with his neighbors wifi, and so on.

No but really this kind of non sense should show citezens a good message that we pay for these pigs to have a job all we have to do is stop paying TAXES !!!! like seriously what would happen if we as a whole group decided F U IRS F U INCOME TAX ??? seriously what could they do??? Nothing!



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
Can't help but think, if he had just shown the policeman his ID in the first place, none of this would have happened


by law do you have to???? don't we have rights?? if your doing nothing wrong you shouldnt have to show # these pigs are here for protection by our tax dollars WE PAY THEM TO WORK??



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
All I can say is this.

I hope a top of the line lawyer grabs a hold of this case, strips those cops of their badges and their careers. And negotiates a huge settlement for this poor man. Then in addition, gets a public apology from the district attorney and the police commissioner. This is unacceptable behavior.



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
P.S. He had to call for backup lol

I think when you become a cop you think you are better than everyone else plus you are part of a glorified Gang!! imagine what that does to your ego? I know id act like a dick if I could wouldnt you??



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by seridium
If this happened to me I would fight with my fists and take a taser then after I would find out where that pig lives and make his life hell... propety damage nightly, vehicle damage, id hack his computer with his neighbors wifi, and so on.

No but really this kind of non sense should show citezens a good message that we pay for these pigs to have a job all we have to do is stop paying TAXES !!!! like seriously what would happen if we as a whole group decided F U IRS F U INCOME TAX ??? seriously what could they do??? Nothing!



hmmm im sensing that u watched that video with a biast opinion.....



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The guy wouldnt show his identification because he was emabarrased.The only i.d. he had was a food stamp card.



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
hmmm im sensing that u watched that video with a biast opinion.....


Is your handle, "noworldorder", a sarcastic mockery of those against the NWO, or are you royally confused as to what liberty is?



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
The guy wouldnt show his identification because he was emabarrased.The only i.d. he had was a food stamp card.




this made me chuckle.....



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle
 


that dosent change the fact that the police were still wrong.



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by seridium

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder

Originally posted by seridium
If this happened to me I would fight with my fists and take a taser then after I would find out where that pig lives and make his life hell... propety damage nightly, vehicle damage, id hack his computer with his neighbors wifi, and so on.

No but really this kind of non sense should show citezens a good message that we pay for these pigs to have a job all we have to do is stop paying TAXES !!!! like seriously what would happen if we as a whole group decided F U IRS F U INCOME TAX ??? seriously what could they do??? Nothing!



hmmm im sensing that u watched that video with a biast opinion.....


I watched it like a human with RIGHTS! I see a cop getting out of the van with attitude and support from his Gang and acting like his s h i t dont stink,, why what did you see??



i saw a man who was interfering and being a niusance when the officers were trying to do thier job and refused to get out of the situation when warned, and then became rude, and then refused to show his id when asked....

had he listened to the warning instead of trying to be a smart ass then he wouldnt have been arrested....



new topics

top topics



 
142
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

log in

join