reply to post by InnerPeace2012
Huh? Are you referring to me using the word bitch? You must have me mistaken for someone who's here to make friends. I'm here to read interesting,
thought provoking articles and chip in my 2 cents when I feel it's appropriate. I'm not here to be mislead.
You've also confused me - making out you've read something I haven't? Again, let me explain how I saw it.
Person A (OP) made this thread.
Person B (cgts428) agreed with person A.
Person C (Coolottie) went mental at Person B for agreeing with Person A.
Person D (Me) considered this to be "bitchy".
If I feel the things I'm reading are being written poorly or the person is just a bit of a douche who can't keep their mouth shut and thinks the world
needs to listen to their opinionated tripe - I will make note of that in my replies.
And that's the problem with the UFO forum. 40% are well written, thought out and interesting threads, the other 60% are peoples ideas, peoples
attempts at sparking debate. I can totally understand when people get miffed that all they're reading are people's own interpretations of things going
on and not being clear about it. And in this instance, I agree with the OP. I too hate threads and videos entitled "INVASION" of some kind. If there's
an invasion I'll see it out my window and probably be running for the hills.
You mention "if you don't like the title then move on", yet you forget to address this issue: What happens if we like the title of a thread and read
it, only to find the title didn't reflect the content of the thread whatsoever. If we're mislead are you saying we should not do anything, and just
allow it to continue to happen?
Coolottie is a trigger happy eccentric, nothing more. You only have to look to see she needed three separate replies to reply to my one post and
that's not something someone who is thinking things through does. I've been here long enough to have a pretty good grasp of the rubbish she & others
write on here. Some people's posts I skip immediately because I'm well aware they write nothing but crap. I came to this thread to agree with the OP,
and then realised my reply was going to fall underneath someone who made a thread with the title the OP is arguing against - and so reading her
cockamamie replies inspired me to tell her to chill the heck out.
As with the real world, sometimes your reputation can precede you and that's exactly the case on display here. I was foolish enough to NOT realize she
instigated that thread in the UFO forum. If people like me, and the OP, and a few others in this thread don't speak up - we'll be forever inundated
with stupid, poorly described posts on the board. Is that what you want?
I came here to rant, which is what I'm doing - and I'm trying not to get personal. The person in question could be absolutely anyone. I'm basing this
on their behavior that I'm learning through their posts - not by who they are or if they offend me personally etc. I often get points deducted and I'm
sure I WILL be banned. But to be fair, I'm glad I stood up for a good point made by the OP. Someone has too. The problem will always re-occur but
those doing it who aren't first time posters have the ability to adapt. Problem is, that person is making a meal over this situation - and now I am -
and don't want to be. But it does need to be said, that some folks do post a lot of tripe and seem to have no inkling of just how poorly orchestrated
some of it can be.
Furthermore, to add insult to injury - she's trying to continue the discussion from the thread in question in THIS thread, re-posting the videos like
we care - which is completely noobish and sad. People may well be 60 going on 100 on this forum but by god that doesn't make them any better at
delivering thoughtful, intelligent posts.
edit on 15-4-2011 by markymint because: Spelling