It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we stop with all the 'Massive Alien UFO FLeet Above Earth!' etc threads and exagerations, does

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Can people stop posting things like 'MASSIVE ALIEN INVASION FLEET' etc when most of the objects are obviously ice or space debris, with a few perculiar objects present. It doesn't do anything for the cause to exagerate footage all the time like this video - www.youtube.com...

Obviously 99% of the objects are not craft of any kind, yes there are a few interesting objects about but the majority don't appear to be under intelligent control.

My point is that by exagerating every single video that remotely looks like any object in space (not ufos) makes it look like you are trying to make something out of nothing. People are getting excited about literally ANYTHING in space thats an object and sorry but space is full of all kinds of debris, natural and man made. The problem is by crying wolf every single time noone is going to bother to check when something interesting pops up because they will just think 'oh its another video of an asteroid or ice particles. I already ignore videos with these titles because the same things keep getting posted and I can't be bothered to comment on each ne about how it isn't a ufo fleet and that the objects are not even moving intelligently which means that you can't even really call them UFO's.

So please think before getting all excited and posting. We will be taken a lot more seriously if we refrain from shouting about how every single object in space is a mothership.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this as i was just about to say something simlar but cant because i am a newbie .
Thanks again

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious
Can people stop posting things like 'MASSIVE ALIEN INVASION FLEET' etc when most of the objects are obviously ice or space debris, with a few perculiar objects present.

We will be taken a lot more seriously if we refrain from shouting about how every single object in space is a mothership.

I don't disagree about being taken more seriously, but I will add that the posts in question are some of my absolute faves.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
agreed,
there should be "main themes", that everything goes in first,
then threads started if/when warranted...
ATS has too many threads already...

and for the record,
i think it is ice crystals , not invading ufos...

+ i want to believe!

seeya.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
100% agree, there are far too many National Inquirer style headlines, and you are right, i've stopped clicking on most of them already.

For all the active moderation on ATS, some standards regarding thread titles would be in order, IMHO.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneR

Thanks I do to and it makes me mad that people like myself who question evidence despite believing are treated like the enemy. I want to get all the proof together to make the information as believable as possible to the average person, because that is what matters. Too many people in the UFO community simply jum the gun an take every single supposed sighting as legitimate when they should question every one as much as possible.

And folks by doing this you will be making the debunkers jobs harder as you are already acknoledging all viewpoints. We need to realise that the average person needs a LOT of conclusive evidence s just jumping up and saying 'thats a UFO fleet' just because it looks odd does nothing but make us look like a bunch of people desperate to believe anything

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DInglis

Np problem, Im very glad that im not the only one!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I want o add as well its not limited to UFO's. Have you guys seen the 'boy born with frogs head' thread? The poor lad has just been born without the top part of skull and they are jumping to the conclusion of secret testing or something when there isnt anything frog like about it! Apart from the shape which looks frog like only because its missing the top skull part thus appearing squashed.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Great OP. Far too much of this rubbish on here the last few weeks. Would'nt be so hard if folk would use the search option also. peace oot

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
There's a giant UFO fleet above Earth??!! Why didn't somebody say something. I've been dying to say something about them but it's so off topic, this is the perfect chance.

"Wow, I that Potato gun I made really does launch them into orbit!"

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Yeah right everything in space is debris and ice crystals who have the ability to travel in formation and change direction at anytime they want.
Come on really? Why would NASA bother to kill the live feeds if something like a "ice particle or debris" shows up? Fact is they are hiding something from us. To many witnesses came forward and why would they lie about something that important? Like i said many times in different threads. This concerns the whole world not just TPTB and the NASA.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Sites like this one and many others will never be taken seriously whilst ridiculous threads continue to be posted. These threads only help to delay any possible disclosure of the truth.

Just another newbie!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

These are just your veiws, and I like the silly threads as you call them, as they let me learn ways of deciphering, researching and eloquent discussion.

If you stop people from posting what you call silly, you may actually miss a video of merit?

Isn't it better to have every video scrutinized and researched, so that we actually find the truth? not push it under the table because somebody is sick of them?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by RoguePhilosopher

Big words for a first post,

What makes you think anyone is ever gunna take you serious now?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
"It's as if a thousand Michael Cohens cried out at once and then were suddenly silenced."

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bobbydazzler

28 posts and you know whats been going on here for ever?

I got a thought for all you whingers, if you don't like the thread title, then don't read it!

Your probably all annoyed because you gpot sucked in by the sensationalists thread titles.

If your never gunna believe the title, even if given proof or not, why would you read the thread?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy

Not everything in space is but do you really think that every single thing in tha vid is a spaceship!?!?

There was probably one onbject that caused concern. Its jumping the gun totally saying that all of them are UFOS and what 'formation' are yhou on abut? It hardly looks like an intelligently formed onbe, more like a cluster of debris and I know its a hard pill to swallow but there is a LOT of debris in orbit. Its all moving naturally, if they are UFOs they would need t have intelligent flight but these all move naturally.

We need t stop acting like this sensationalising every single thing in space, Do you really think everything is a UFO? D you honestly believe that there is no debris in space? Do some research please because there is. I know its hard when you see something and believe it becausr you cant explain it at the time and then later when an explanation is offered you dont want to believe because up till then you genuinely thought it was a UFO. But sorry you need to accept that not everything is a UFO. Some stuff is, but when you say that debris like in that video is really a massive fleet of UFOs it just looks desperate. Cant you see how natural they look.

Just out of interest what % of UFO videos d oyou think are actually UFO's? I bet you assume they are all more or less genuine, when really you should llook at each case while looking tp prove OR disprove it. How come so many people interested in UFO's never seem to want to mention footage which isnt real, they just assume everything is genuine which makes them seem like kooks as they are not approaching it properly

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
who cares about what people post OP , if you dont like reading it then Ignore it man , what you might find Dull another might find believable, Simply put you dont know whats going on up their do you ? Nor does anyone els , so i think that proper research on "MASSIVE UFO" threads might yield something savvy ?

edit on 14-4-2011 by Nephi1337 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

Will you stop whinging please, now what your trying to debunk or hurt his thread by posting this one?

You know what I hate is threads whinging about people discussing things they think are UFO's or Aliens on the UFO forum.

What else is it there for?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Slipdig1

My point is that by exagerating the evidence so much it actually does the UFO community mroe harm than good. I know its fun to see every asteroid as a ufo and every cluster of ice as a UFO fleet, but people are jumping to conclusions like they themselves are an expert in the field and when an argument is presented they dont enagage, they simply call you a disinfo agent or so that our minds have been manipulated byu the media.

Sorry but some of us jusy like evidence and proof, where as people who make these threads just want an object and by that I mean ANY object in space on film so they can call it whatever they like. Instead of reasoning why by analysising the data they just say 'it looks' like an alient ship and thats good enough to convince them outright that it is. Sorry but I want UFOs to be taken seriously and they wont when people clain that every single little thing is a mothership!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join