It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we stop with all the 'Massive Alien UFO FLeet Above Earth!' etc threads and exagerations, does

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

Im sorry but our goal (and it seems to be shared by thse on this forum wh posts abut UFOs) is that the public should be made aware of whats going on. It just is counter productive for people to do everything that I have described, im not saying they have to subscribe to this way of thinking, but tis what I believe so im going to put the idea out there. They can takle it on baord, disguard it whatever. But if they have the freedom to posts those posts then have the freedom to posts this one saying that I believe these said posts to not be doing us any good./

And if these people want t believe that a whole load of ive is really some UFO star fleet, well thats unfortunate and I would rather that they look into it more. A different way of approaching it would gain more of the publics attention. Instead the public continue to think we're all a load of crazies becauseof people jumping to to most extreme conclusion each time instead of loooking for the most likely one,

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

But if they have the freedom to posts those posts then have the freedom to posts this one saying that I believe these said posts to not be doing us any good

Of course you do - I didn't say otherwise, that is my point

But it isn't fair to ask members to stop posting whatever they want to share with the rest of us. And what seems ridiculous to you may be believable to them.

If what they post is rubbish, then I'm certain you won't have to suffer the thread for long because we have some very capable and eloquent debunkers here, and they usually pop in and make very short work of any 'ridiculous' claims, usually those threads get buried very quickly - never to be seen again.

And if these people want t believe that a whole load of ive is really some UFO star fleet, well thats unfortunate and I would rather that they look into it more.

Well, when they post this stuff and it gets well and truly debunked, they will have learned something from how it has been debunked, as all of us will - which is a good thing, yes?

Instead the public continue to think we're all a load of crazies

I cannot speak for the rest of ATS membership but I for one, do not really care whether anyone thinks I'm crazy for what I believe. In fact, I think THEY are crazy for not believing.

Let the debunkers do their very swift work with the 'ridiculous' stuff, and you get on with posting your stuff. By the sounds of it you have quite a lot to teach us and I look forward to reading your threads

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I don't care what anybody posts , thats what this sits is about .... claim and counter claim till some kind of consensus is arrived at.
What does bother me is the amount of one line OPs recently , " I found this what do you think "
, it is against the T&Cs and it makes a mockery of the posters who spend time putting threads together .

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Yes I have noticed that too. One line posts which contribute nothing to the thread are a waste of space and a waste of my eye energy when I have read them. They are annoying and interrupt the flow of any thread.

Why are they getting away with it so increasingly often???

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I agree 100% anybody that tries to says otherwise are obviously the people that post such crazy things. I seen a post on the first page of someone saying your whining. All I see you doing is trying to stop these idiotic "UFO INVASION 2036!!!" threads.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious

Im sorry but our goal (and it seems to be shared by thse on this forum wh posts abut UFOs) is that the public should be made aware of whats going on. It just is counter productive for people to do everything that I have described, im not saying they have to subscribe to this way of thinking, but tis what I believe so im going to put the idea out there. They can takle it on baord, disguard it whatever. But if they have the freedom to posts those posts then have the freedom to posts this one saying that I believe these said posts to not be doing us any good./

And if these people want t believe that a whole load of ive is really some UFO star fleet, well thats unfortunate and I would rather that they look into it more. A different way of approaching it would gain more of the publics attention. Instead the public continue to think we're all a load of crazies becauseof people jumping to to most extreme conclusion each time instead of loooking for the most likely one,

"people jumping to the most extreme conclusion"

HERE HERE! .. I agree 110% and that's the point I've tried to make a few times in the past.. people automatically think you're a disinformation agent if you even try to consider the more plausible explanations first.. take a scientific approach.. Try to first eliminate the more likely answers first before accepting the most extreme. If you can't eliminate the most likely solution then Occam's razor comes into play... for example, if you can't prove it's not just a con-trail, then using Occam's razor I'm going to just have to conclude that is probably what it is.

I'm sure everyone is familiar with it, but for those who aren't .. lol Occam's Razor - Wikipedia
edit on 14-4-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Slipdig1

well said! If you don't like the thread tite, don't read it. Problem solved.

This is a silly post because some of those posts you call silly are actually very interesting for some people so quit your whinning already. You know, I come on ats everyday and yes I am new and I find a lot of interesting posts regardless of our"silly" they are. They put a lot of thoughts into ones head to think about and research, posts that are actually "silly" are ones like these.

Good day to you kind sir.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by David291
reply to post by Slipdig1

well said! If you don't like the thread tite, don't read it. Problem solved.

This is a silly post because some of those posts you call silly are actually very interesting for some people so quit your whinning already. You know, I come on ats everyday and yes I am new and I find a lot of interesting posts regardless of our"silly" they are. They put a lot of thoughts into ones head to think about and research, posts that are actually "silly" are ones like these.

Good day to you kind sir.

Perhaps so, but some of those threads resort to un-necessarily alarming thread titles.. "OMG UFO FLEET" .. The title says to me that "I know for a fact this is a UFO fleet and i have verifiable proof of my extreme claims!" ..

Simple wording choices could really help bring peaceful discussions to ATS .. asking for opinions about something rather than stating categorically it is what you think it is perhaps.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Why isn't there just some simple standard for thread titles -

No all caps for one, no internet slang, title must accurately summarize thread content.....

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Why don't you shut the whole site down then? Most of the things posted here are opinion based and here to debate and discuss. Isnt that why we are here? To get some information that's not msm? If people stop posting, then this site will dry up and become irrelevant. You wouldn't want that, would you?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Thankyou! I see enough of this over-dramatic styled headline in every paper on the shelves. No need for it here, there, or anywhere actually.

peacexo

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy

You are paranoid and have spent far too much time on ATS, this is meant to be about denying ignorance, yet there you are, embracing theories without evidence.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
In This Thread:
Weeks to a month old users with minimal post count telling members what does and does not qualify as an acceptable post on the forums.

Thanks guys, I would never have guessed that we already have a permalink to the Forum T&C as well as real life moderators. Or a system of flags/stars so the majority of ATS decides what is and is not significant.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BadMagician

Or a system of flags/stars so the majority of ATS decides what is and is not significant.

Yeah well when you've seen 10 threads that are BLANK with tons of stars and flags you get a little miffed. the system clearly isn't working as all the "popular" threads are rubbish, duplicate threads abound, it's becoming painful to browse the site IMO.

Obviously people are entitled to post whatever they see fit, but they should also expect repercussions from it if it's ridiculous. There's already several threads talking about this "massive alien invasion fleet" that is clearly NOTHING. Can't we just have the 1 thread instead of 10?

Exaggeration aside, the site is becoming a mess with the influx of new users trying to get their post counts up.

Anyways, this should be in the RANT section.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Let the debunkers do their very swift work with the 'ridiculous' stuff, and you get on with posting your stuff.

And that's the key, without us "debunkers" you'll never get to the nitty gritty truth because each and every ridiculous claim will stand unchallenged. I'd say safely 90% of the skeptics here honestly want to find proof of alien life. But that's the catch, your personal experience isn't proof. so we have to go by photo and video evidence. Which is fine, it's usually a quick job to weed out the obvious fakes. Once we peel away THOSE layers hopefully we have something substantial to discuss.

endless exaggerated "proof" that is nothing of the sort, does not help the situation at all, it muddies the water and makes any real evidence found here questionable.

I'm going to make an honest effort to alert duplicate threads, sensationalistic or outright false threads, and 1 line posts.

As far as I'm concerned anyone with "2nd line" appearing in their post should be post banned, that is NOT the point.

This forum resides on servers. Every thread, u2u, post, picture, whatever, takes up hard drive space. You're little 1 line post may seem insignificant but consider it space wasted. Expensive space too. the other end of this is 1 line posts that do nothing for the thread make it hard to navigate.

am i the only one now reading the first and last pages of threads and ignoring the middle because it's all senseless dribble?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
As a Massive UFO fleet poster, i resent your arrogant asumption that all posts of this nature are bogus.
When something looks interesting to one person and they post it, the opportunity for those who know the ins and outs of analyzing these things to show us what not to look for and what is possible with CGI etc.
So its not what the poster thought it could be, why do you think its put up?
These topics are put up to share, if you are put off by them, then go elsewhere on site for your entertainment.
People come and go here all the time, and stuff gets double and triple posted because its only natural that what has been subject to discussion before, will probably get rehashed by ssomebody else at a later date.
After being here a while you get to recognise what youve seen before by the headlines almost.
Its annoying at times but not worth bitching about....one mans ice crystal is anothers invasion fleet....twas ever thus....

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Did you ever think that the aliens are using the space particles as a diversion! Much like our militaries use chaff to confuse enemy radars the aliens are using ice and other particles to divert attention and confuse. AND they are using mind control to make some ATS members post useless threads about massive alien invasion forces above our earth that never seem to want to actually invade, just float from right to left in front of the cameras.

If that was an invasion force it would have to be the most incompetent one ever assembled, why would you make your presence known before you were going to strike? To all future posters I urge the application of common sense before posting "Largest Alien Invasion Force EVER! Here Now....but Apparently Not Doing Anything. RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!"

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
the system clearly isn't working as all the "popular" threads are rubbish, duplicate threads abound, it's becoming painful to browse the site IMO...they should also expect repercussions

Not only do sensationalist threads self-censor themselves, they do a disservice to the topic they represent (perhaps deliberately).

It is hard enough to sift through endless topics and posts that I personally consider one-liners, off-topic, topic-scattering, and empty drama. This is a simple call to improve the quality of topic titles for the benefit of all.

Less noise, more substance. Deny ignorance, don't promote it.

thank you OP.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious
Can people stop posting things like 'MASSIVE ALIEN INVASION FLEET' etc when most of the objects are obviously ice or space debris, with a few perculiar objects present. It doesn't do anything for the cause to exagerate footage all the time like this video - www.youtube.com...

Obviously 99% of the objects are not craft of any kind, yes there are a few interesting objects about but the majority don't appear to be under intelligent control.

My point is that by exagerating every single video that remotely looks like any object in space (not ufos) makes it look like you are trying to make something out of nothing. People are getting excited about literally ANYTHING in space thats an object and sorry but space is full of all kinds of debris, natural and man made. The problem is by crying wolf every single time noone is going to bother to check when something interesting pops up because they will just think 'oh its another video of an asteroid or ice particles. I already ignore videos with these titles because the same things keep getting posted and I can't be bothered to comment on each ne about how it isn't a ufo fleet and that the objects are not even moving intelligently which means that you can't even really call them UFO's.

So please think before getting all excited and posting. We will be taken a lot more seriously if we refrain from shouting about how every single object in space is a mothership.

well yes they can be called UFO's because ufo meand Unidentified Flying Object...ad what we are seeing on the videos are unidentified, secondly we are not all here to accomodate you, if u dont like certain threads then do what the rest of us do and dont look or bother to comment, threads like this are a complete waste of bandwith, this is a conspiracy site, also ufo's etc and we are a community on here, being a community means that everyone has the same rights to post as they please, if people dont like the threads they dont flag or star them and they dissapear off the front page, i dont like these particular threads that are just about someone moaning and whining.

however in this case im making a concious decision to enter your thread and leave a comment to tell u such.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Let the debunkers do their very swift work with the 'ridiculous' stuff, and you get on with posting your stuff.

And that's the key, without us "debunkers" you'll never get to the nitty gritty truth because each and every ridiculous claim will stand unchallenged. I'd say safely 90% of the skeptics here honestly want to find proof of alien life. But that's the catch, your personal experience isn't proof. so we have to go by photo and video evidence. Which is fine, it's usually a quick job to weed out the obvious fakes. Once we peel away THOSE layers hopefully we have something substantial to discuss.

endless exaggerated "proof" that is nothing of the sort, does not help the situation at all, it muddies the water and makes any real evidence found here questionable.

I'm going to make an honest effort to alert duplicate threads, sensationalistic or outright false threads, and 1 line posts.

As far as I'm concerned anyone with "2nd line" appearing in their post should be post banned, that is NOT the point.

This forum resides on servers. Every thread, u2u, post, picture, whatever, takes up hard drive space. You're little 1 line post may seem insignificant but consider it space wasted. Expensive space too. the other end of this is 1 line posts that do nothing for the thread make it hard to navigate.

am i the only one now reading the first and last pages of threads and ignoring the middle because it's all senseless dribble?

what debunkers?? unless there are people on here who have degrees on cgi, video making, are actual astronomers, etc then nobody on here has any qualification to debunk..sorry.

jsut because someone on ats says "it isnt so" doesnt mean its debunked lol

i really hate it when people on here so "oh its been debunked"..oh really by who? "by whats his face...CMON!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join