It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this object at the south pole?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
It is a full moon for god sakes. Too big? Too bright? Where do you people live - in a city? I grew up in the country and my parents still live in the county. There was absolutely no light pollution. At night it was pitch black outside without the moon, but during full moons the moon was huge and it lit up the earth like it was daytime. I noticed living in a city that the moon does not seem bright and as big. I'm guessing that light pollution kills the moons light and therefore kills the illusion that the moon is bigger/brighter. That is one thing that I still really enjoy going back to my parents house. At night I can still see the entire Milky Way - lines of bright stars, amazingly clear constellations and masses of stars � and the moon is HUGE in the sky.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR

Originally posted by sensfan
Hi all...I've just spent a couple of hours reading this entire post. My conclusion, it is the moon. I did some research using my starry night software, which will show you the position of any object in the sky at any time, any place. And yes, the moon is right there in the sky on the software as it is in the pictures from the web cam.

I've seen many question on here asking "well why did the move the webcam away from it then"...and if you read the full thread, you will see an answer from the station itself...They moved the cam from time to time, no biggie.

It's the moon people...do a little research first before you start jumping to conclusions.

There are a few people here who watch the moon on a regular basis and they had questions as to whether or not it was the moon.What makes your opinion on it better or right?

His opinion is based on facts. The light in the pics correlates with the position of the moon on that particular night. Read the posts more carefully or get a new pair of glasses.

SMR

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I did read and his opinion is his and is entitled to it.I was only ASKING not SAYING.
Other moon watchers had questions if it was the moon or not.His last comment made it out like they did not know what they were seeing or talking about.That only made me ASK as to why he would say something like do more research before coming to conclutions.I dont think anyone came to any conclutions.
Maybe I took it the wrong way.It just sounded like he was saying others are blind and didnt know anything about the subject.

[edit on 24-8-2004 by SMR]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Definatly think its the moon.

Maybe a street light?

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It could just be a helicopter strobe light, or a big light with a big black, dark pole

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Looks like a halogen light on a pole to light up camp at nite. Or maybe its the propulsion system of the zeta reticulan ambassadors flagshipp coming to meet us!!

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
If it wasn't so dark on the ground I would have guessed it was the sun.

Interesting that they moved the camera so noone can study this moon or whatever.

Anyway, there are only one object, the rest is reflection in the lense(s) or glass if it is indoor.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
It's obviously some of those wacky reptilians about
to land at an Antarctic base and plot another
conspiracy against us all. Why else all the hurricanes
this year? Or a secret magic Australian meta-boomerang
being launched under cover of near darkness in the
remote Antarctic outback...

Well, it looks like an image of the moon taken under less
than optimal photographic conditions by a remote camera.
Or is that too easy and mundane an explanation?

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
If you look at the pics , you will see the australian antarctic division as the source , find it with a search engine , go through the site , and you might stumble on an article about a meteoroid from 2004 being caught on webcam as it went by.
It's not the end of the world yet , if it was , we'd be gone two years ago....or are we and just don't realise it yet?.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Just realised I failed to read the date on the string,DA!!!.
Read about this somewhere else and did a search on it without realising it was DEAD news.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join