It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this object at the south pole?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Yeah godsent,

I think many people are waking up to the cyclical nature of reality and how we affect it with our emotional outlook on life, and also our awareness OF these coincidences. Before, I just went along with the flow of my programmed world (preconceptions of what really is and my conditioned mind cut off from my heart)

Now, I see synchronicities all over the place and it is just funny how most of us don't see them and try to understand them and what they mean and how our actions caused us to be able to be a part of them in the first place

Well, let's just see what other synchronicities take place this month and beyond

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I find it very interesting that the Casey Station webcam has been tilted down, any ideas why we can't see the sky on that cam now?

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal
I find it very interesting that the Casey Station webcam has been tilted down, any ideas why we can't see the sky on that cam now?

all on page three of this thread:

Originally posted by mindpower
Too much traffic to the site?
Just the "moon", move along and nothing to see here?
Or, an anomaly that is in plain view in the south pole?

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
...and for why it was moved (headquarters asked them to move it in order to keep an eye on the station). perhaps it was something similar to that.

Originally posted by Essan
The webcam was probably moved for the same reason it's always moved - to vary the images every few days.

then some assorted discussion about those reasons why it could have been moved.

[edit on 7/27/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
lol sorry I'm lazy and skipped right to page 4. Thanks for setting me straight.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   

IT'S THE MOON! HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(wipes tears of laughter from my eye)

It is summer in the northern Hemisphere which means it is winter in the southern hemisphere, one long antartic night.

The web cam was adjusted to take in all of the ambiant light, which means that the light sources like the moon, and the lights on the side of the building tend to "wash out" and appear brighter and larger then they actually are.

The small light below the moon is just a lens flare, a refection of the moon light within the lens of the web cam.

Oh, my. Thank you for the most amusing thread!

[edit on 27-7-2004 by HowardRoark]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
That's an interesting view on it howard, I will have to research it and see if that is the case as far as the ambient light goes. However, it does not explain why the webcam was "adjusted" so that we can't see the sky anymore. This happened once before at Mawson and it is indeed a strange coinky dink that the same thing takes place here too.

I gave various "devil's advocate" reasons why they might move it, but just to periodically move the cam makes no sense.

Perhaps it is the moon? If it is, as I stated before in this thread this will have been a great learning experience for me. BUT....the coincidental change of webcam views at Mawson and here are suspect.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Maybe the scientists there got tired of being pestered by a bunch of kooks.

Seriously. If I was a scientist working there, I would be a little miffed that the only thing some people would want to talk about was the moon in a webcam shot.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Possibly,

But if I were a scientist, I wouldn't care because all of the added exposure just might get someone seriously interested in the affairs of the base via the site.

Another definition of a "kook" is one who does not accept everythin he or she has been told to believe as reality and the only options to take.

I get the feeling that there are a lot of "kooks" around the world who are simply fed up with the same old okie dok

Perhaps they will change the webcam view again but I doubt it.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
Maybe the scientists there got tired of being pestered by a bunch of kooks.

when i emailed the mawsom comms station they didn't seem to miffed about things... only when after i posted their response email in the thread an no one believed it did they get miffed.

and i believe the object is the moon too... plus, what did it turn out to be in the mawson webcam? the moon!

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Hey cmdr,

who gave the official explanation for the object in the Mawson cam being the moon? Like I said, If I missed it then this has been a learning experience.

People like me are still curious though:

community.webshots.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
err cmdrkeenkid, who said the object in mawson cam was the moon???? , because the emails i got from mawson din't state that! they also took their email address of the website and replaced it woth a feedback form, how strange!! the one in this one is the moon no doubt, but as for the mawson anomaly, that is still unexplained! I got a weird email from an anon person telling me to stop pestering the researchers and mve along or else! i was then sent a shed load of virus and someone attempted to hack me several times, so I am steering well clear !

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
A good suggestion is to do a search on any engine for the computer program called Home Planet. Among other things like tracking satellites, you can track the course of the moon by hours, days, weeks, or years!

I used it and the moon is tracking along the equator and has not dipped down anywhere near the south pole. It will be full July 31st at differing times depending on your location on earth.

So, this object is not the Moon in my view.

On a side note, has anyone else but me noticed that at about high noon and a little after, even though it is summer that the sun as it hits other objects around you looks like someone just cut on a huge "spotlight"?

It just seems brighter than normal, and certain areas around ther world are experiencing heavy condensation and cloud cover....just weird weather all around.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Here are the images again, as well as an extra one I added which is compilation of the rising and setting of this object:

community.webshots.com...
www.surfingtheapocalypse.net...

The last image was from the "Here Comes Nibiru" thread at the www.surfingtheapocalypse.net forum site.

[edit on 27-7-2004 by mindpower]

[edit on 28-7-2004 by mindpower]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   

A good suggestion is to do a search on any engine for the computer program called Home Planet. Among other things like tracking satellites, you can track the course of the moon by hours, days, weeks, or years!

I used it and the moon is tracking along the equator and has not dipped down anywhere near the south pole. It will be full July 31st at differing times depending on your location on earth.

So, this object is not the Moon in my view.

Oh, my. that is so wrong.

Ok, here is a page on the Earth's tilt. I suggest you try to understand this before you post again.

Here are some neat pics I found of the moon over the arctic station in mid winter (June-July)

For larger versions and other photos and info go here

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Like I said earlier, if I found out this was the moon, it would be a learning experience for me. HOWEVER, since this bright object in the sky is only the moon, I still do not understand why the webcam view would be changed.

Those are some very nice photos from 2003 on that link howard, at first glance I though they were CGI
I will have to see how far Mcmurdo is from Masey unless they are one and the same? I'll check on that.

This mag is only published during the austral summer it seems, more to research.

So, the moon is full there most of the time accrding to these photos? I wonder since these base are probably all in the same proximity to each other?, would they have past recorded photos of the rising and setting of the "moon"?

Something inside me is nagging me (you know, that small voice that is always right and is telling the right path even though you do the wrong thing and in hindsight always wish you had listened to that voice?)
and tells me there is more to the Masey photos and the fact that the webcam view was changed than meets the eye.

The bummer is that we CAN'T verify this is the moon since the web cam now points down

Oh yes, I know the earth is on a Tilt, but then again, haven't you ever wondered, if it is tilted, who determines that it is? Who tells about all the laws of physics and the way the world is from day one of "school", causing us to lose touch with our unlimited potentials we all have as children?

Like I said before, everything is in a state of flux and change, so modern science and how it defines reality can't stay constant forever, only as long as the coscensus reality beliefs are maintained

Is it the moon we see in those photos? Why don't they post on their website for all to see that it is the moon, like the "see the June 8 Venus transist"?

I don't think it is the moon

Oh yes, and by the way, Howard?
I "suggest" you try to understand an intuitive view of reality and question what you have been taught about reality and physics and try to ask yourself, who benefits from such controlled, conscensual thinking of the masses, even those "educated" masses? The western view and laws are not absolute

Peace...

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mindsmog
err cmdrkeenkid, who said the object in mawson cam was the moon???? , because the emails i got from mawson din't state that! they also took their email address of the website and replaced it woth a feedback form, how strange!! the one in this one is the moon no doubt, but as for the mawson anomaly, that is still unexplained! I got a weird email from an anon person telling me to stop pestering the researchers and mve along or else! i was then sent a shed load of virus and someone attempted to hack me several times, so I am steering well clear !

this is the email i recieved... copy and pasted right from the mawson thread.

From Mawson Comms
Sent Friday, June 4, 2004 5:33 am
To jstpeter@emich.edu
Cc
Bcc
Subject RE: Webcam
Hello Jermiah,

There is no conspiracy. I moved the web cam to investigate this so called
bright light. The only bright light on that night would have been the moon which did come up in the east and move into the northern sky on that night. Also I think it was a littl overcast on that night. We have observed nothing unusual and there are certainly no comets of any significance around.

Thanks for the link to the web site.

Dale

as for someone pestering you and trying to hack your computer, i have no idea. nothing like that occurred to me. maybe it was just someone playing off your paranoia.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   

So, the moon is full there most of the time accrding to these photos? I wonder since these base are probably all in the same proximity to each other?, would they have past recorded photos of the rising and setting of the "moon"?

no... the moon would have set in the southwest around 4:50 AM, and then rose again in the southeast around 10:40 AM. as far as i know they haven't been changing the webcam to see the moonrise.

Oh yes, I know the earth is on a Tilt, but then again, haven't you ever wondered, if it is tilted, who determines that it is?

seaons, equinoxes, solstices, eclipses all come to mind...

Is it the moon we see in those photos? Why don't they post on their website for all to see that it is the moon, like the "see the June 8 Venus transist"?

i'll ask you two questions in return, maybe you can figure it out from there... how often does a venus transit happen? how often does the moon rise and set?

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   
With all my contacts within the global comunity we have strong evidence to suggest that this is in actual fact a NWO Death star that is being contructed with the help of an Alien Civilisation.

Once fully operational it will move into the same position as the Moon (the moon is being used as the resource for building the "death star") and continue to provide earth with the effects of the "old Moon" whilst being part of a global defence strategy!

It will proctect the earth from asteriods and any other global threats such as aliens, nuc's and religion!

But unconfirmed information also states that the "death star" is all hogwash and that it is just the moon?

I mean who would think that it is just the moon? you must be a fool to believe the big glowy thingy is the moon , it must be the death star!
with out a doubt

Boondog

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
i'll ask you two questions in return, maybe you can figure it out from there... how often does a venus transit happen? how often does the moon rise and set?

Hi ckk

I'll have guess,
Venus once every 77yrs aprrox, and the moon never rises or sets technically. ?
Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
Hi ckk

I'll have guess,
Venus once every 77yrs aprrox, and the moon never rises or sets technically. ?
Sanc'.

actually, the cycle takes about 243 years. in the span of that time, there are two transits. one at the 122 year mark, and then one more eight years later. and last time i checked the moon does rise and set.

[edit on 7/28/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join