It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this object at the south pole?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Does this object have anything to do with the sun's increased energy output and the higher levels of condensation we are seeing along world coasts and abroad as the oceans heat up?
www.aad.gov.au...

Is it a cause for the weather disturbances we are seeing? Is it THE dancing blue star of Hopi legend, or just a simple "lens flare" (keep in mind that it is reflecting on the clouds above the station and that it is HUGE.

Any ideas? Is it hot and very bright with starnge weather where you are now? LOTS of clouds and mists?

Here is the photo album online an a link with all Pix

community.webshots.com...
www.surfingtheapocalypse.net...

www.aad.gov.au..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

[edit on 26-7-2004 by mindpower]

[edit on 27-7-2004 by mindpower]

[edit on 28-7-2004 by mindpower]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Note: I am not trying to fearmonger, just observing this, and hopefully it is a regular cyclical event (monthly or yearly) and that someone has seen this before. If not, we may have some very interesting times ahead!

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Isn't it the moon? It looks like the moon to me.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Hi "gal"

I am not so sure if it is the moon in full lunation at the south pole, especially if anyone else is seeing it now from their location on earth which is not at the south pole. If it is the moon, it is HUGE and directly over the base. I am not sure what the object is or was beneath it either.

Hmmmm.... The net is slow today and the sun is going bereserk.

HAs anyone else seen the moon right now at your locale?

How is the weather where you are deeprivergal?

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It looks a bit bright to be the moon... but I wouldnt rule it out.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The weather in North Carolina is beautiful today, nothing strange that I have seen so far. I can't imagine what else it could be, is Casey having a full moon right now? What phase are they in?

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Well, here in the Western Hemi. the Full moons:
July 2 + 31
Aug. 29

Is the South Pole different?

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Ummm.. doesnt the top of the page explain that it is the transit of venus? but to me thats wayyy to big to be venus.

Plus i thought i saw this toic somewhere else here...i'll check.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The venus transit happened last month didn't it? I think thats just an archive, because its been there for a while.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
looks like the moon to me, I mean if it wasn't, what would it be??

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
There could be some kind of magnification of light going on somehow. Don't know how thats possible but its still possible. Could be light from Venus refracted by a pocket of swamp gas trapped inside a weather balloon.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It might be a good idea for us to save these pics to file and PRINT them off to have them on paer as well?

Could this be a sort of "second sun" or a very HUGE comet?

Perhaps it it that same "flash" or huge round object that was observed on the SOHO last month? Just a guess. I belief an animated sequence of it is archived at cyberspaceorbit.com?

Yea, the venus transit info at the top is just an archive, it could throw you off and you would "assum" the current photos are of venus.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
are you guys for real ? it's the moon :bnghd:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
they say

"The next Transit of Venus will occur on 6 June 2012"

Wasnt 2012 a date that John Titor was saying something was going to happen.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Wow, I never knew the moon had another half-quarter object underneath it? Also, if anyone can show that the moon is visible right now in another location on earth (it is in it's 1st quarter right now) then this is NOT the moon. I may be wrong, but if the moon is being seen by another loaction on earth in it's 1st quarter, how can it be in full lunation at the south pole too?

I think there are some programs out there that can show where the moon should be each day in it's phases. Home Planet is one. I will have to check online to see where the moon should be right now.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Hmmm... Atmospheric conditions causing the moon to appear brighter it seems to me. But anyway, I have no reasons to believe it's not the moon.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Yeah thats the moon behind the clouds. bottom ring is the bottom cloud.

to easy.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I have to agree, my best guess is that it is the moon. It looks distorted probably because of the mists and clouds. But did you see the temperature?? -21 C ??? Brrrrrr....

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Ozone depletion, more light can get through the atmosphere, blah blah blah it must be big foots space ship to bring him back to kelptar.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I have uploade "earlier" photos of this anomaly and posted them on webshots.com:

community.webshots.com...

NOW, the object directly underneath this "moon" is very interesting and I would assume that IT is the moon. These photos do NOT explain how this object is just the moon. Too bright.

Anyone care to save these photos and do a little photo shop work on them?

Anyone still think these "two" objects are just the moon.

If it is, then this has definitely been a learning experience for me. If it is not the moon.... then what?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join