It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this object at the south pole?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Here are those images, dgtempe:

community.webshots.com...
www.surfingtheapocalypse.net...

Hello eyeofthefuture, I still believe this object is more than just the moon simply because (and this will sound like a broken record, here) the webcam has not been moved to the prior position to view it. So anyone can say it is indeed the moon.

I have not viewed the mpeg but I will when I get the chance

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mindpower
I still believe this object is more than just the moon simply because (and this will sound like a broken record, here) the webcam has not been moved to the prior position to view it. So anyone can say it is indeed the moon.

ATS, logicians, is this an example of Circular Logic or is it a Non Sequiter?

[edit on 30-7-2004 by HowardRoark]

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Looks like a UFO to me. Note its movement frame by frame.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by zadiejb

You are right, of course, since the moon never moves across the sky.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hello Howard,

Forgive my spelling here since I don't know the common way of spelling it but, here it goes: "Too Che"! Of course, I don't believe I ever made a sarcastic remark to you in anyway to merit my having what is in your view "circular thinking". But, if I knew something was true for a fact and I could prove it perhaps I could see how another person's beliefs and assertions, if they were diametrically opposed to my "facts" could be annoying and seem "circular" or of no value to the discussion at hand.

But then again, beliefs vary and "facts" are an invention of the western mode of thought, or modern mode. Be taht as it may, as I said earlier, if this is the moon then indeed it will have been a "learning experience for me". I assume you know this is the moon, and if I am wrong in my assertion that it is more than the moon, provide the data to negate my assertion.

I am a novice and a "kook" so please enlighten me

Anyway, have a good weekend Howard and everyone else, and drive safe if you have to.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Mindspring, I am sorry if that came off a bit harsh. It is just that I see the same logical fallacies in these threads over and over. (see my signature).

It sometimes helps to look at examples and descriptions of common fallacies. Hope this helps.

Edit:

Check out Sagan's Dragon also

oops forgot he link

www.users.qwest.net...

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Nice info Howard,

I am assuming the articles relate to people who don't really follow their intuition and sort of flail in the winds of their personal paranoias?

"Too Che"?

Have agood one and for those who haven't seen the photos here they are:

And the south poloe base link, check out the other bases cams there and of course the research they are doing:

www.aad.gov.au...

Cheers.....where everybody knows your name

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

Originally posted by zadiejb

You are right, of course, since the moon never moves across the sky.

Yeah, and since all UFO:s are known to spend like 5 hours crossing the sky. Slow buggers

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mindpower
Here are those images, dgtempe:

www.surfingtheapocalypse.net...

Hello eyeofthefuture, I still believe this object is more than just the moon simply because (and this will sound like a broken record, here) the webcam has not been moved to the prior position to view it. So anyone can say it is indeed the moon.

I have not viewed the mpeg but I will when I get the chance

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It apperars to be the moon to me, although word has it that the team of Astronomers from all over the world are at the South Pole studying an Asteroid(s). Dont the inhabitants of this Earth have a right to know about this, if its true?- Instead they want us paranoid about terror. These are some strange times we're living in for sure. Does anyone know of a "good" website telling of incoming meteors or asteroids? I would like to try and keep track of this. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Looks like the moon to me.

I am an avid moonwatcher. I watch the moon frequently at night, I see it alot, in all sorts of conditions. The pictures I have seen of this object look obviously like the moon. Remeber, Antacrtica is a really cold place. The air is full of ice crystals. Ice crystals cause strange lighting effects, like halos and double reflections of the moon.

I dont see anything wierd at all about these pictures, it looks most obviously like the moon to me.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
perhaps it's a large cosmosphere, nah.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
wHATS THE LATEST ON LAKE VOSTOCK?

There was a thread running on that and people wher going to keep wathing for developments on it?

Any news?

Regards

Boondog

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
AAHH!!! The Lego Blocks of the South Pole! an ex girlfriends dad spent a lot of his time as a biologist.....aahhh he was a legend....anyway... i remember he used to talk about the sun sets that lasted months...and the moon was just as beautiful he said...

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Does anyone know of a "good" website telling of incoming meteors or asteroids? I would like to try and keep track of this. Thank you.

NASA have a page dedicated to recent and forthcoming Near Earth Objects (NEOs)

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I don't see how it could possibly be the moon, and if it is, how did those objects get there? They weren't taken up when the astronauts went to the moon.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Whenever anyone gets a picture or a story to tell, it gets shot down in the "Move along , nothing to see here" vein, people who aren't even interested in the thread POP up and shoot it down without doing any work whatsoever, I spent quite a few hours in my FREE time trying to work out what the images on mawson station were? to this day there is no proof whatsoever what that image was or is? the cam has never been put back since even though a guy at mawson swore he would. As soon as they realised there was interest on there images it was moved, now if anyone can prove beyond a reasonable doubt what the anomaly is in my pictures , feel free, (evidence only , not your damn theory) theories mean nothing, I am still working on finding out what these images are, If anyone wants a copy of these images including the animated one a moderator took the time to do, then U2U me, Cmdrkeenkid my only criticism of you is , You were genuinely interested in my thread and took some time of your own to help (thanks btw), but then you seemed to lose interest as soon as mawson emailed you telling you it was nothing, I am sorry but that does not wash with me, They are lieing and I am sure of it. Make of this what you will but for me I think this is still very intriguing, and I do have a life, I do work and have a car, family/friends, I am not a raving paranoid schitzophrenic who hears voices, and yes I do have an open-mind on most things, But I do not believe EVERYTHING. thankyou for your time.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Oops... Never mind

[edit on 25-01-2004 by Gear]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Hi all...I've just spent a couple of hours reading this entire post. My conclusion, it is the moon. I did some research using my starry night software, which will show you the position of any object in the sky at any time, any place. And yes, the moon is right there in the sky on the software as it is in the pictures from the web cam.

I've seen many question on here asking "well why did the move the webcam away from it then"...and if you read the full thread, you will see an answer from the station itself...They moved the cam from time to time, no biggie.

It's the moon people...do a little research first before you start jumping to conclusions.

SMR

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Hi all...I've just spent a couple of hours reading this entire post. My conclusion, it is the moon. I did some research using my starry night software, which will show you the position of any object in the sky at any time, any place. And yes, the moon is right there in the sky on the software as it is in the pictures from the web cam.

I've seen many question on here asking "well why did the move the webcam away from it then"...and if you read the full thread, you will see an answer from the station itself...They moved the cam from time to time, no biggie.

It's the moon people...do a little research first before you start jumping to conclusions.

There are a few people here who watch the moon on a regular basis and they had questions as to whether or not it was the moon.What makes your opinion on it better or right?
Just because you watch the moon and have an opinion on it does not close the case.
Im not flaming you,I just find it funny that so many do as you just have and figure people will just say 'ok,case closed''
I for one thought maybe a flare and the moon was the smaller object.I quickly scratched that.
I thought maybe the moon with a small reflection but then seeing it stay while moving,reflections usually only stay for a bit in a lens.
I dont really know what it is.Thats a big moon and the little object is strange.I have never been to the south pole so I dont know how the elements affect the visual side of things.I know where I am,the smog is so bad,sometimes the moon looks about 5 miles away it is so big!

Will be interesting to see more of this.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join