It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this object at the south pole?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Well, it seems that noone is providing proof that this light is the "moon" and now possibly "venus" intransit? I say that it is more than this, for the simple reason that they have not moved the webcam back to it's original location

Cmdr, concerning the e-mail from Mawson, it stated that he "moved the cam to investigate this strange light"? That cam wasn't wasn't moved until after a lot of people started visiting that site and asking amonst themselves online what could this light be. There are two possible reasons why the cam was moved:

Monitering of internet activity concerning this "light" at the south pole, Mawson and discussions about it.

Or, it was a regular and periodical thing to thing to do.

Now, Mawson's cam is still showing mostly the ground or foreground, while Casey's is now showing the horizon, but in what direction is it pointing?
Will this new view now show this object?

It is interesting that now they only have a feedback form and not an e-mail to contact them. Of course if my e-mail account was getting swamped (which it must have been at the time) I would probably take it down too, but isn't that a lot of work for a few "kooks"?

I believe the "moon" should be rising soon at Casey. Like I said, once there is proof that this is the "moon" or "venus" in real-time, or from previous data (those austral summer images are interesting, but I still don't think it is the moon because of that nagging action of coincidentally moving the webcam at the same time people were viewing the object at their site and sicussing it online.

Here are those images again:
community.webshots.com...
www.surfingtheapocalypse.net...

Maybe they will come out and post an official message on their site or sites (whichever base has or had the object in view) and state why this is the "moon" or "venus" and when the times are for it's rising and setting year round or at certain times in the year, among the other useful scientific research they do?

[edit on 29-7-2004 by mindpower]

[edit on 30-7-2004 by mindpower]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mindpower
Cmdr, concerning the e-mail from Mawson, it stated that he "moved the cam to investigate this strange light"? That cam wasn't wasn't moved until after a lot of people started visiting that site and asking amonst themselves online what could this light be. There are two possible reasons why the cam was moved:

Monitering of internet activity concerning this "light" at the south pole, Mawson and discussions about it.

Or, it was a regular and periodical thing to thing to do.

Now, Mawson's cam is still showing mostly the ground or foreground, while Casey's is now showing the horizon, but in what direction is it pointing?
Will this new view now show this object?

it just said "bright," not "strange," in the response i got back from Mawson... and that email was from the time of the Mawson webcam thread. i haven't been in contact with anyone there since that thread. so don't expect the Mawson cam to show something bright rising or setting.

in my email to Casey i asked what direction the webcam was pointing at the time of the bright light. i still haven't recieved a response yet though. i'm sure work takes priority over us, and that it's not part of some conspiracy.

It is interesting that now they only have a feedback form and not an e-mail to contact them. Of course if my e-mail account was getting swamped (which it must have been at the time) I would probably take it down too, but isn't that a lot of work for a few "kooks"?

the form goes directly to their email... i just did it the hard way by actually sending it through my email. i think that they did that to make questions and emails even more simpler for everyone.

I believe the "moon" should be rising soon at Casey. Like I said, once there is proof that this is the "moon" or "venus" in real-time, or from previous data (those austral summer images are interesting, but I still don't think it is the moon because of that nagging action of coincidentally moving the webcam at the same time people were viewing the object at their site and sicussing it online.

actually the moon should be high in the northwest right now... and how did it come about to be venus now? when did that happen?

Maybe they will come out and post an official message on their site or sites (whichever base has or had the object in view) and state why this is the "moon" or "venus" and when the times are for it's rising and setting year round or at certain times in the year, among the other useful scientific research they do?

why would they do it when you could probably just find the information online already? probably from NASA or the ESA or the one of various other websites. as you said, they're busy doing useful scientific research.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Well, you can bet that they are reading this thread.

It's weird how when something is suspicious, we thrive to see it exposed and prove our suspicions to be correct - If it is something what could it be?

There have been two camera's moved within a month (or has it been two?) and if it is the same object or mutiple objects they haven't hit the earth and would have by now.

The positions of the "objects" are where most amateur astrologists would not be able to collect data on their own - maybe not even some of your greater astrologists. The only astrologists that might be able to collect "true" data would be the governments because of the locations;all everyone else gets is information fed by "them" and the cams.

Conspiricy? Dunno. Moon - not; Venus, umm maybe; moving of the cameras, changing of the website - definately; accepting a strangers advice that everything is okay, there is no conspiricy - not.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Godsent
The positions of the "objects" are where most amateur astrologists would not be able to collect data on their own - maybe not even some of your greater astrologists. The only astrologists that might be able to collect "true" data would be the governments because of the locations;all everyone else gets is information fed by "them" and the cams.

the way the earth rotates even astronomers in the southern hemisphere would be able to see this object. saying that they couldn't would be like saying that since the north star is over the north pole, i can't see it. the north star is alligned with the earth's rotation. this object, obviously, is not. that means just about anyone can see it.

Conspiricy? Dunno. Moon - not; Venus, umm maybe; moving of the cameras, changing of the website - definately; accepting a strangers advice that everything is okay, there is no conspiricy - not.

venus? i'm still wondering how the heck that is even an option. is the object near the sun? no! it's obviously night while the object is out. for it to venus it would have to be near the sun... and it wouldn't be that bright.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
venus? i'm still wondering how the heck that is even an option. is the object near the sun? no! it's obviously night while the object is out. for it to venus it would have to be near the sun... and it wouldn't be that bright.

I really don't think it's the moon, but I am really suspicious because of the coincidental behavior of the cams being moved, etc., but why wouldn't other people be able to see an object that appeared to be pretty good size in both locations? If they were objects versus planets or astroids, would other people be able to really see them? Something is weird with this whole thing; I am trying to talk my way through it to find the answer.

I had never seen a UFO and to tell you the truth, up until three weeks ago, I did not believe in UFO's, not to say I don't believe in the possibility of other life forms and more advanced life forms. But three weeks ago I was camping with a group and we saw a lot of shooting stars - nothing out of the unordinary, however we saw a very bright object high in the sky that was pretty big and it was moving too slow to be a comet or shooting star, but it definately was not a satellite - we could tell the difference and they were all over the place. Anyway, this object was bigger and all of a sudden after moving at a steady pace, it shot off and dissapeared. I thought this object was a planet when I first saw it because it was big a round - so did everyone else, but when it started moving and then shot off, everyone was stunned.

So what do you think it was - really. Do you really believe and accept that this is the moon? I am not saying it is like a "death star" thing, but it really has me puzzled

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Godsent
I really don't think it's the moon, but I am really suspicious because of the coincidental behavior of the cams being moved, etc., but why wouldn't other people be able to see an object that appeared to be pretty good size in both locations? If they were objects versus planets or astroids, would other people be able to really see them? Something is weird with this whole thing; I am trying to talk my way through it to find the answer.

the camera was most likely moved for the reason Essan said long ago in this thread; to change the scenery for those who do watch th webcam frequently.

it appears to be so large because of reasons others and myself have all said... in short, the light gets "washed out."

it couldn't be an asteroid because asteroids are neither that bright nor that large. the brightest and largest asteroid is 1 Ceres which has a magnitude of 7.5 (or about that) and a diameter of about 580 miles.

Do you really believe and accept that this is the moon?

yes, others and myself have all provided great evidence as to why it is the moon throughout this thread.

[edit on 7/28/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
There is always the possibility that the scientists down there are simply messing with you by moving the cam. I would, if I were there.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
tis the moon nothing more..

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
There is always the possibility that the scientists down there are simply messing with you by moving the cam. I would, if I were there.

hahaha! that is, by far, the best explanation for the camera being moved yet. i would imagine it would get pretty boring down there after all. i mean, how many times can you make the toilet water freeze and it still be funny?

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Howard, that was one idea I had too

I imagine it would get kind of boring down there as well, and maybe out of ALL the scientific research they are doing as a crew and since they cahnage crews maybe twice a year, this thread and others like it might just be the only bit of excitement they could get

Or, they changed the cam position because it is revealing something or things which are very curious to the "curious" observers.

Godsent, that is a good point about many of the things in the southpole being mostly visible only to those in the south, which (coincidentally) happen to be all government sponsered

There has been no eveidence to state that this obeject is the moon, just people stating it is and photos which look like the object, but nothin in real-time from the station itself stating otherwise, to calm the nerves of we the "curious" observers

Obviously, since we can not verify what this object is because of the webcam view being altered, anyone can say it is the moon.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I can just hear the conversation now.

"Johnson, you idiot, you left the web cam pointed at the test flight of project Selena, Now those ATS investigators have seen it!!!!"

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
It almost looks like some sort of satellite to me- Geez, I hope its not Niburu.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
cmon, if this was really something that big in the sky dont you think we would hear about it? something that big would be impossible to cover up, esp if it was plainly visible. its the moon.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
On a side not, but possibly connected....I wonder if these fires in Europe have anything to do with the current state of the Sun, and this "object" at the south pole?

story.news.yahoo.com.../afp/europe_weather_fires

Then again they had a spat of fires last year too:
www.cnn.com...

Hmmm.....Hopi Prophecies, based on humanities choices are coming to pass....?

Just following a hunch here, and it could be totally unrelated, but hey we already know everthing is connected and related.

Anyway, to state it again, has anyone noticed how "bright" the sun is nowadays? It is almost like somone just cut on a spotlight overhead, the light is "whiter" than I can ever remember it being. I wonder if world wide (along the equator and southern hemisphere) skin cancer stats will be up for this year round?

Anyway, here are the pics of this anomaly:

community.webshots.com...

[edit on 28-7-2004 by mindpower]

[edit on 28-7-2004 by mindpower]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   
1. I am not paranoid, far from it,
2. Where have all the debunkers/misinformants come from on this and the mawson thread?
3. and modt importantly, this ones for you cmdrkeenkid
just because you get an email from dale at mawson , that is enough to convince you ..OMG....so you get an email saying its nothing and you just accept that ..Now that is typical....do you believe everything you are told

There is something not right here ..am I the only one to think this?? mindpower keep working on this ...although I think its the moon too, we are striking a nerve with something here..

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Whatever it is, it will be visible from YOUR back garden tonight! (Depending on cloud cover, that is)

You're looking for a large, bright, round object about the size of the Moon. If you see it, let us know

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   

There is something not right here ..am I the only one to think this?? mindpower keep working on this ...although I think its the moon too, we are striking a nerve with something here..

No, I�m not totally convinced myself that it is the moon. But I see little point in posting anymore as all I�d get in response would be someone "dumbing me down".

I simply choose to place it as "Unknown".
We�ll probably never get a satisfying explanation anyway.

Oh, I posted links to a .mpg and a .gif on page 2 (I made them) - I�ll probably remove them soon - but if anyone wants them at a later time U2U me and we�ll work it out.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Thanks Mindsmog,

I am going to list this object as an unknown, and we will jsut have to wait and see if they will simply move the cam back to it's original location when this "object" was seen.

I am not paranoid either, I am just one of the many people worldwide who are waking up to the facts that a lot of "stuff" is not right in this world and we just want answers and freedom.

On a side note, how many people want to bet that there will be a significant events or events to occur on this full moon or a few days afterwards? Just a hunch, and I am going on my observations of how things always occur when the moon is full or new.

There is always a reason to post if anyone has more info to add.....

[edit on 29-7-2004 by mindpower]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I'm confessing: I'm a nervous girl. Can anyone please post the exact web site so i can go and keep track of this on my own? I would greatly appreciate it. I've seen the webcam, but is this what you're all looking at? Its all black now. Thanks very much.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I belive it's the moon, and the reason is:

1. The timescale in whick the object moves from one end of the pic to the other is corresponding with the relative speed of the moon.
2. The size of the object seems to suggest that it is indeed the moon.
3. The mpeg put toghether by Dawnaj (good work) shows the typical curving trajectory the moon takes when passing over the sky.

So, if you think it's not the moon, could you please list all your arguments for an easy overview.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join