It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Japan sinking? (Creepy Video)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Those poor people. They are experiencing an absolute nightmare that just WILL NOT QUIT. They are having earthquake upon earthquake . It's beyond sad, but I would move my family if I were any of them.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Thanks, Shenon, for posting these videos. Worth seeing. In the second video, the man said this land he was standing on was created from Tokyo Bay by throwing rocks & landfill into the bay -- looks like Mother Nature is reclaiming it. What a disaster for those who built on it!!!

I am so worried about Japan, not only the nuclear mess, but I feel that something unusual is happening. Just the sheer number of aftershocks and the severity of the aftershocks. This isn't just the normal earthquake & tsunami.

Edgar Cayce predicted that "most of Japan must go into the sea." That prediction was made a very long time ago (Cayce died in 1945) and I was hoping he was wrong. I don't know.

I could just weep for what the Japanese are going thru now. This may be a foreshadowing of similar severe catastrophes around the world. May I be wrong!

AuranVector

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by LexMustReturn
reply to post by Shenon

Those poor people. They are experiencing an absolute nightmare that just WILL NOT QUIT. They are having earthquake upon earthquake . It's beyond sad, but I would move my family if I were any of them.

I agree, but like the majority of the people in the world, most Japanese do not have the resources to just pack up and leave the country. I'm sure the very rich have alternate foreign residences to escape to.

AuranVector

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

So, my geology professor said he's never seen liquefaction to that extent and said it was an interesting video. He said it could be Rayleigh waves reacting with the surface, which is where Rayleigh waves travel, causing the ground to swell then subside and swell again. He also noted that the water gushing out from several of the clips, to probably be broken water lines from the shifting of the ground.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

Originally posted by LexMustReturn
reply to post by Shenon

I agree, but like the majority of the people in the world, most Japanese do not have the resources to just pack up and leave the country. I'm sure the very rich have alternate foreign residences to escape to.

AuranVector

...Russia DID offer them safe passage and citizen ship.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
I think its called liquefaction or something similar.

Creepy stuff indeed.

This reminded me of the famous sinking of Port Royal, Jamaica on June 7, 1692 when most of the place literally sank into the sea in an instant. It is called liquefaction.

The citizens of Port Royal had built heavy buildings on artificially created "land" (mostly sand).

Creepy is right.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This is ******* scary, I had zero knowledge of "added land" and the potential destruction that Japan is going to be feeling. IDK about you, but when I live in any world on any landmass, when we had like what 3 earthquakes a nuclear emergency, AND THE WATER IS RISING UP FROM THE UNNATURAL LANDMASS, that is when I take my family and give up my belongings and get out and just get somewhere else as fast as possible. Of course that's easier said than done, and nobody wants to leave their homes.

I hate to bring this into any Japan thread, but where is Japans god? Or any god for that matter? I see zero signs of any intelligent intervention to stop this from happening,not even aliens. What I see is natural forces doing what they do, and not worrying for a second of the inhabitants its effecting.

I see natures part in all of this, but thats all, no super natural anything, no aliens, just us on this crazy spinning ball waiting to die and trying to survive and make the best out of things... Why is that so hard to accept?
edit on 14-4-2011 by Quasar_La-Zar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by aarys
Japans not sinking. Its Liquidfucation. We had a # load here after our feb quake. Take a look c.
www.youtube.com...
Sorry about the langauge.

aarys, thanks for sharing that video taken in New Zealand. It looks like the same kind of phenomena. That eases my panic just a tiny bit. It's nice to have people around who have seen this first-hand.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quasar_La-Zar
This is ******* scary, I had zero knowledge of "added land" and the potential destruction that Japan is going to be feeling. IDK about you, but when I live in any world on any landmass, when we had like what 3 earthquakes a nuclear emergency, AND THE WATER IS RISING UP FROM THE UNNATURAL LANDMASS, that is when I take my family and give up my belongings and get out and just get somewhere else as fast as possible. Of course that's easier said than done, and nobody wants to leave their homes.

I hate to bring this into any Japan thread, but where is Japans god? Or any god for that matter? I see zero signs of any intelligent intervention to stop this from happening,not even aliens. What I see is natural forces doing what they do, and not worrying for a second of the inhabitants its effecting.

I see natures part in all of this, but thats all, no super natural anything, no aliens, just us on this crazy spinning ball waiting to die and trying to survive and make the best out of things... Why is that so hard to accept?
edit on 14-4-2011 by Quasar_La-Zar because: (no reason given)

You, Quasar_La_Zar, sound like an atheist. Why would ET's save us? (Besides not ALL of Japan will be destroyed, even if you believe the Cayce predictions).

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dude69

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS
This is mother nature speaking in a very BIG way. I would be so outta there if I was in Japan. If I was homeless or broke I would ask everyone for ONE DOLLAR and save myself if thats what it took, but I would do whatever it took to flee from there ASAP. These people are crazy for staying there. Anyone who stays is an IDIOT! I'm sorry.....but not really though!

Yep...at this point the sympathy should be limited...just like for those people that live right next to an active volcanoe and then wonder why they have lava in the living room...

dude69 & iLoGiC, I would say you two have very little experience of real life. Shallow & heartless responses.

Try leaving your homes & homeland forever ASAP.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
www.dailymail.co.uk...

They could start getting used.

That was very interesting info, aivias. I doubt if most Japanese would want to live in China though. Lots of bad history. They might rather go down with their "ship."

But it's interesting to see that China has a serious real estate bubble.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xterrain
reply to post by Shenon

So, my geology professor said he's never seen liquefaction to that extent and said it was an interesting video. He said it could be Rayleigh waves reacting with the surface, which is where Rayleigh waves travel, causing the ground to swell then subside and swell again. He also noted that the water gushing out from several of the clips, to probably be broken water lines from the shifting of the ground.

Yeah,its like Mother Earth is breathing in and out,creepy indeed.

But i don´t think its anything to worry about for now...at least until the "Big One" happens,which i hope,isnt in the near Future...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Short answer yes, with an if

Long answer no, with a but...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka
reply to post by chancemusky

And to all the posters claiming these events to be natural and mother nature showing her strength...
Really?. ..... REALLY?
You honestly think that Mother Nature caused this?

Mother nature to be so selective to CONSTANTLY batter a SINGLE area in the entire tectonic region with EQ's of a magnitude EXCEEDING 6-7??

REALLY?

So what are you saying, Sovaka? Do you think they're being attacked by HAARP? Or are they being punished by a wrathful God for killing dolphins?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninja9771991
reply to post by Shenon

in one of Edgar cayce's predictions was that japan would completly sink into the ocean and soon after half of the east coast of the us would follow

No, Edgar Cayce predicted (about 80 years ago) that MOST of Japan would go into the sea and California would be reclaimed by the sea AFTER a series of major earthquakes on the West Coast of the US.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by HazyChestNutz

edit on 13-4-2011 by HazyChestNutz because: (no reason given)

I didn't see a date on that video. When was the prediction taped? Why would the Global Elite want to see Japan destroyed? The current Japanese are not a threat to anyone.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by lammypie999
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Just a little not on liquifaction folks, admittedly not a great thing under a built up area, however, to say it is never going to go back is tosh, complete and utter tosh. I challenge anyone to go to a beach, stand near the upper wave line and then wobble a foot backwards and fowards, what you will see is a puddle form, thats liquifaction, now stop wobbling your foot and leave it for a moment, tell me what happens.

On the beach of a continent, yes..

With reclaimed liquified land ravaged by continuous eq's

I don't think so..

You should use reclaimed land for farms, airports, and parking lots, not sky scrapers...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by robyn

Originally posted by ninja9771991
reply to post by Shenon

in one of Edgar cayce's predictions was that japan would completly sink into the ocean and soon after half of the east coast of the us would follow

Edgar Cayce readings regarding the Pole-Shift.
Taken from “Earth Changes Update” published in 1980 by ARE Press.
ISBN: 87604-121-7

Aug.11, 1936, 826-8
Q9: What great change or the beginning of what change, if any, is to take place in the
year 2000 to2001 A.D.?
A9: When there is a shifting of the poles. Or a new cyclebegins.
April 9, 1932, 311-8

Q12: How soon will the changes in the earth’s activity begin to be apparent?
A12: When there is the first breaking up of some conditions in the South Sea (that’s
South Pacific, to be sure), and those as apparent in the sinking or rising of that
that’s almost opposite same, or in the Mediterranean, and the Aetna [Etna?] area,
then we may know it has begun.

Jan. 19, 1934, 3976-15
The Earth will be broken up in many places. The early portion will see a change in the physical aspect of the west coast of America.There will be open waters appear in the northern portions of Greenland. There will be new lands seen off the Caribbean Sea, and dry land appear … South America shall be shaken from the uppermost portion to the end, and in theAntarctic off Tierra del Fuego, land, and a strait with rushing waters.

As to the changes physical again: The earth will be broken up in the western portion of America. The greater portion of Japan must go intothe sea. The upper portion of Europe will be changed as in a twinkling of an eye. Land will appear off the east coast of America. There will be upheavals inthe Antarctic that will make for the eruption of volcanoes in the Torrid areas,and there will be a shifting then of the poles – so that where there have been those of a frigid or semi- tropical will become the more tropical, and moss and fern will grow. And these will begin in those periods in 58’ to98’ when thesewill be proclaimed as the periods when His Light will be seen again in the clouds.

Jan. 21, 1936, 270-35
If there are greater activities in the Vesuvius, or Pelee, then the southern coast of California – and the areas between Salt Lake and the southern portions of Nevada – may expect, within the three months following same, an inundation by the earthquakes.
But these, as we find, are to be more in the southern than in the northern hemisphere.

Q20: What is the primary cause of earthquakes? …
A20: The causes of these, of course, are the movements aboutthe earth; that is, internally
- and the cosmic activity orinfluence of other planetary forces and stars and their
relationships produce or bringabout the activities of the elementals of the earth; that is, the Earth, theAir, the Fire, the Water – and those combinations make for the replacements inthe various activities.

IMO we are seeing the beginning of a process which ultimately results in a geological pole shift. I doubt that it will occur soon, but we are in process.

Thanks, robyn, for posting the actual readings. Cayce predicted an eleven (11) degree pole shift. There's already been a shifting of the magnetic poles (I think by 10 or 11 degrees), will an actual shifting of the poles follow?

I've been watching for eruptions in Vesuvius (Italy) and Pelee (island of Martinique in the Caribbean), 3 months later a series of earthquakes to hit California, Nevada, Utah.

Let's hope this never happens. But it looks like it's already started.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Is it just me or are quakes getting stronger and more shallow in a linear fasion?

img709.imageshack.us...
edit on 14/4/11 by Romekje because: image link

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scorpitarius
I believe Japan is sinking, and here is a very detailed explanation of how and why....
Sorry, I couldn't find the embed code on this one.
www.youtube.com...
If he said the moon was made of cheese would you believe that too? Some of the other things he says are just as credible.

I think all the maker of that video does is show his ignorance about plate tectonics, HAARP, and other subjects.

Japan exists because of plate tectonics pushing the crust up, that's why you see mountain ranges.

Regarding reclaimed land, as far as I can tell most reclaimed land everywhere on Earth has a tendency to slowly sink, but if that sinks it's a feature of reclaimed land, rather than of any particular country or location. If you look at reclaimed land anywhere that's sinking you can say the reclaimed land is sinking, but that's got nothing to do with the rest of the land that's not reclaimed.

archive.thepeninsulaqatar.com...

Engineers say that reclaimed land is always prone to sinking due to the difficulties in compacting the sand and draining the water trapped inside the reclaimed plot, which causes reclaimed land to subside more easily.
Japan’s Kansai International Airport, the world’s first airport built on reclaimed land, has sunk more than 11.5 metres since construction began in 1987.
However, buildings on reclaimed land will not sink if they are supported by steel or concrete columns that are hammered all the way into the seabed, although the streets circling the buildings may sink alongside the drooping land, engineers say.
“The building will not be floating on reclaimed soil,” said Lee Siew Eang, a building professor at the National University of Singapore.
The videos in the OP are reclaimed land. And even if reclaimed land is sinking, that doesn't mean Japan is sinking, only that part of Japan on reclaimed land.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join