It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Japan sinking? (Creepy Video)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
There are so many videos of this on youtube it makes me wonder if Edgar Cayce was right

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
This is really not looking good,

Check this thread from TrueAmerican,

External Source

Japan's Meteorological Agency on Friday warned the country's 20 volcanoes has become alive due to the massive March 11 earthquake, and a study said earthquake over 9.0-magnitude might hit Japan. Japan warns of massive earthquake and volcanic explosion after the April 7 earthquake. The Agency said volcanic explosion occurred after earthquake several times in history and people should maintain vigilance against this tendency. Meanwhile, quakes of the country's 20 volcanoes occurred more frequently after the massive March 11 earthquake, especially, the Fuji, Hakone, and Aso-San. Authorities in Japan on Friday announced a research findings which indicated chain earthquake over 9.0-magnitude might hit Japan and its offshore area.

I'm really sadden, to be honest...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by chancemusky

granted, but naturally formed land has layers that are bonded... man made land is like someone has swept the dirt under a rug... being a builders daughter i have had plenty of opportunities to see how its done and what happens if the water claims it back...
My brother insists that water is the deadliest threat there is.. seriously, we can build against wind and its effects and fire we can for the most part extinguish but water will ALWAYS get in..

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

Originally posted by Romekje
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Is it just me or are quakes getting stronger and more shallow in a linear fasion?

img709.imageshack.us...
edit on 14/4/11 by Romekje because: image link

You may be right, if I'm reading the color code correctly.

Color is for depth and height on the scale is for magnitude

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
i am saying this for years now, japan or a part of it will sink one day.
check the tectonic plates under japan and the volcanoes that surround them.
there had always been lots of activity, but since 2004 the actuvuty has gone up more frequently. or maybe its just that we get more data these days

the 11march quake woke up mnt. fuji thats been sleeping for more than 300years
and its already late in its eruption cycle.
the last big eruption was in 1707, +-2 months after a 8.4mag hit Honchu.

text;
1707 Eruption
On 26th October 1707 there was a magnitude 8.4 earthquake hit Honshu, Japan. This was followed by several smaller earthquakes around Mt Fuji. An eruption began on 16th December 1707 on the SE flank of the volcano accompanied by pumice fall. After 6 hours the pumice fall changed to scoria fall. On the first day of the eruption, 72 houses and three Buddhist temples were destroyed in the town of Subassiri 10 km from the volcano.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
People you need to know that this is from a MOVIE. Search utube and you can find it on a 2006 Japan trailer. It is a very bad situation when someone would do this type of shocking joke and try to pass it off as current news. Disgusting!

Japanese Movie "Sinking of Japan" (2006) - A Sad PredictionFull Movie: filmix.net - If you can find it in English (subbed or dubbed), please share the link.. Looks like a good flick. Keep in mind, if Japan ...
by Sheilaaliens | 2 days ago | 1,228 views

edit on 15-4-2011 by Crystal747 because: Added utube info

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Crystal747

No it isn´t...thats real.

Anyway,a second Video was uploaded yesterday...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

The whole this is part of the MOVIE you idiot. IT IS NOT REAL!

www.youtube.com...

Sorry about not knowing how to link, but I have not posted before. But you have mad me so MAD with your stupidity and false information.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crystal747
reply to post by Shenon

www.youtube.com...

Sorry about not knowing how to link, but I have not posted before. But you have mad me so MAD with your stupidity and false information.

I think you need to calm down.

You are wrong. While there may be a "Sinking of Japan" movie, these clips are not from it. The link you posted is a few minutes of that movie, I'm guessing the main action part of the movie, followed by actual clips of devastion in Japan from the earthquakes and tsunami.

The things you are referring to as not real are infact real and filmed by people across Japan. Someone chose to use them along with some clips of the movie, I guess in an attempt to show some sort of "prediction".

Breathe.
edit on 4/15/2011 by ThaLoccster because: typo

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Don´t start insulting People please. And as the above Poster said,the Video you saw and posted was in part a Trailer of the Movie AND Footage of the very Real Disaster. If you had watched News lately,you would have known this.

And i´m sure i know what is "Fiction" (as in Movies) and what is "Real". Can´t say the same about you though...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Shenon

www.youtube.com...

Up intill 5:10 minutes is the movie, after that is whats happening right now.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Since when is it ok to call people idiots and stupid on here? Maybe you should take a look at yourself, because you were the one who was wrong....so.... does that make you an idiot just because you were wrong? No it doesn't! And the other poster is not an idiot either! I think you owe someone an apology.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I am the biggest idiot on earth right now. I humbly apologize for my own stupidity. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I am the biggest idiot on earth right now. I humbly apologize for my own stupidity. Sorry.

Apalogy accepted.And in the Future,always check and doublecheck every Source before posting them. The Mods here are very serious about that.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Wow, That is freaky. Good post OP. I have a good friend living in Tokyo who is teaching English there. We email occasionaly (been in touch more since the big quake).
Next time I email him i'll ask him about about what the OP has shown us in this thread. I will report back if he has anything interesting to report.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Yea the video definitely makes it look like a raft. Not CGI but it could be more near Sendai where something like that would be expected. But if it's near Tokyo that's pretty amazing. Did anyone notice the only person(girl in white coat) who was not freaking out the whole time just walking down the sidewalk. If it was disinfo
it was at least worth that.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Safe to say I would be OUT of there!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I couldnt imagine not being able to trust the ground underneath my feet. Whether this is real or fake...scary stuff. Espcially if you have family...how do you protect them

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527
reply to post by Shenon

DAMN ! For the first time in my life,a video actauly scared me,this is not cool,not kool at all.

An experiment modeling liquefaction

This I call "Redneck Construction of a Wally World." I guess it's not really funny considering earthquakes can happen anywhere.

Here is the simple science of liquefaction

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

The liquification they are experiencing in parts of Tokyo and Yokohama comes as no surprise. When I lived in Yokohama in the early 1980's as a child, the locals always knew that if there was ever a severe earthquake, not only would most of the land be inundated by a tsunami, but the artificial land would likely settle (i.e. sink) back into the bay. The footage of liquification seen via YouTube in Japan are from locations which land was created/extended into the sea by man. Tokyo Disneyland just reopened a few days ago, but with limited hours, due to damage caused by liquification from the large earthquakes. Tokyo Disneyland was also built on man-made land. I remember when they built it in the '80s. So much rock and dirt was moved and dumped into the bay to create the artificial landmass.
If I was onsite during the earthquake and saw water come out of the ground, the first thing I would have done is scooped up some water, smelled it, and tasted it. If it smelled like the sea or was salty, then I would get out of the area pronto. Pack up and head to solid ground.
It's not as if the island is sinking, like most are discussing here. Mother Nature is simply removing what is not 'natural' in the area = reclaimed land/artificial land.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join