It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What, exactly, do some of you think is coming?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
My GF and me both have a gut feeling that something bad is going to happen. I had one dream wich I still can recall vividly many months ago and also my GF had several dreams. We don't have those kind of dreams often but the special thing about it is that we both had a disturbing dream which will happen to my opinion within 2 years and my GF said within a year.

It is not only the dream that disturbed us but also a gut feeling which won't go away.

We had these feelings allready before I joined ATS. My GF thinks ATS is rubbish and disturbing to normal life so she never looks at this site.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

To a certain point, I agree. But you have to keep in mind that all humans use only 10 to 15 % of their brain.
Which is why I truly believe that when we learn how to use even a small part of the rest of it, we will be able
to see and understand things that were unexplainable to us, like the concept of time. And you know, it could be
physically possible, but we could be completely unaware of it. But we could reach this level just by learning
how to use our brains *
edit on 13-4-2011 by Imogene72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by General Izer
A distorted magnetic/gravitational field that will momentarily dissolve and suspend the fundamental forces holding everything together. This will allow the individual awareness to see all levels of reality simultaneously. For those that have prepared for this, they can use this suspension of the physical laws to transfer their consciousness to the level of reality that they best fit in. For that that are not ready, they will have a brief glimpse of the true nature of reality before finding themselves back in their physical form.

And you feel that a momentary distortion of the magnetic/gravitational field will dissolve and suspend the fundamental forces that hold everything together? What about the specifics of ramification on what has already occurred? What about the informational continuum? If all of this is dissolved, then what brings it back together again in a viable structure? What imperative exists that will recombine it all - after having allowed it all to dissolve over a magnetic/gravitaional field disruption - and insist that it all recombine in a way that will preserve its original functionality and allow it to be properly synced with the informational continuum as this unusual event trajectory re-establishes and moves forward? Survival certainly would not be the primary imperative involved here, since Survival would never allow a dissolution to occur, so there would have to be a superseding existential imperative, and off the top of my head I can't really think of one. Ad far as I've ever known, Survival is the primary existential imperative.

No, I'm not comfortable with that suggestion. Unraveling the mayhem that such an event would inflict on the fundamentals of physical existence would be prohibitive. I'm just not seeing it.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

or for the worse..

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DutchBigBoy
My GF and me both have a gut feeling that something bad is going to happen. I had one dream wich I still can recall vividly many months ago and also my GF had several dreams. We don't have those kind of dreams often but the special thing about it is that we both had a disturbing dream which will happen to my opinion within 2 years and my GF said within a year.

It is not only the dream that disturbed us but also a gut feeling which won't go away.

We had these feelings allready before I joined ATS. My GF thinks ATS is rubbish and disturbing to normal life so she never looks at this site.

What happened in the dream?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I personally don´t believe in any theory, but I´m interested in them. It´s kind of hyperfocus and this feeling of something big happening in my lifetime just don´t go away, but grows stronger. I like the idea, that evolution is not gradual, but evolutionary leaps happen very fast after long stability period. I don´t say I believe or support this theory fully, but I like it, it seems right to me and maybe this is it, the thing, that more sensitive people can feel. If it happens to all of us, then we should feel it somehow. Therefore Mayan end date may be referring to evolutionary leap. We and the world and the Universe is nor ready, everything evolves all the time and we might be in the beginning of the new step of evolution. Calleman also thinks, that Mayan chalender marks the end of the creation cycle. But what happens exactly - I think, that noone can be sure.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I am not suggesting that whatever will happen in 2012 will be an occurence similar to what has gone before.

I am merely suggesting that the majority of these so called "Theories" and "Prophesies", ranging from the catastrophic to the 'awakening', are merely the musings of the idiotic and suggestable.

If you want to find the truth, take a leaf out of Silent Thunder's book - look beyond the 2012 festival of ideas - and search for a more fundamental truth. The answer lies within.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I kind of believe that the past, present, and future are all so interconnected that the future can influence the present, and that we, along with the future can influence the past....
if we knew how...
I believe we do it now, half hazardly, without knowing how.
but, well, if we could just grasp the knowledge, as a species for just a few seconds, we could have a totally different past, and present (although those living within the time, wouldn't realize a difference, it would all seem normal to them).
time is part of the illusion that makes up 3 deminsional reality.
everything exists now!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by General Izer
A distorted magnetic/gravitational field that will momentarily dissolve and suspend the fundamental forces holding everything together. This will allow the individual awareness to see all levels of reality simultaneously. For those that have prepared for this, they can use this suspension of the physical laws to transfer their consciousness to the level of reality that they best fit in. For that that are not ready, they will have a brief glimpse of the true nature of reality before finding themselves back in their physical form.

And you feel that a momentary distortion of the magnetic/gravitational field will dissolve and suspend the fundamental forces that hold everything together? What about the specifics of ramification on what has already occurred? What about the informational continuum? If all of this is dissolved, then what brings it back together again in a viable structure? What imperative exists that will recombine it all - after having allowed it all to dissolve over a magnetic/gravitaional field disruption - and insist that it all recombine in a way that will preserve its original functionality and allow it to be properly synced with the informational continuum as this unusual event trajectory re-establishes and moves forward? Survival certainly would not be the primary imperative involved here, since Survival would never allow a dissolution to occur, so there would have to be a superseding existential imperative, and off the top of my head I can't really think of one. Ad far as I've ever known, Survival is the primary existential imperative.

No, I'm not comfortable with that suggestion. Unraveling the mayhem that such an event would inflict on the fundamentals of physical existence would be prohibitive. I'm just not seeing it.

1. Yes
2. It's a momentary suspension
3. The ubiquitous consciousness field holds all the information
4. The distorted field passes and normal fundamental laws are reengaged
5. The evolution of consciousness/awareness is the ruling imperative of existence

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

I present Exhibit A, my lord

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imogene72

To a certain point, I agree. But you have to keep in mind that all humans use only 10 to 15 % of their brain.
Which is why I truly believe that when we learn how to use even a small part of the rest of it, we will be able
to see and understand things that were unexplainable to us, like the concept of time. And you know, it could be
physically possible, but we could be completely unaware of it. But we could reach this level just by learning
how to use our brains *
edit on 13-4-2011 by Imogene72 because: (no reason given)

The truth is that we do use our whole brains, but we only use 10-15 percent of it at any one moment. That's like how it goes with the CPU capacity of your computer. I think people have gotten than statement confused.

Concerning the concept of time, that's actually not a mystery at all. There's a sub-structural commonality that holds all information and activity together as one contextual reality (an environment of sorts). That commonality is the length of time it takes for one indivisible unit of change to occur and then be replaced by the next indivisible unit of change. We experience event chains all the time, and yet we never stop to consider that linear progressions of event require indivisible units of change (or events) to exist as "building blocks" for such linear progressions.

Each contextual environment (shared reality) features a specific Unit Rate of Change (URC) and this URC is consistent, with layers of event progression that feature harmonic variations on that sub-structural URC. As these units are replaced by the follow-on units (simple causation) we experience what we call Time. Our perception of Time can become distorted (due mainly to the nature of perception-centric information as opposed to fact-centric information) but Time itself - at the unit level of information emergence, that same URC - is never affected.

So, if this transformation involves our full understanding of the nature of Time, then it's already occurred. And no, you can't unwind the ramifications of causal progression, so forget about going back in Time. I don't know. I'm still looking for a plausible idea about what this 2012 thing is about - if anything.
edit on 4/13/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The “change agent” you’re looking for is fear. The change agent(s) you’re looking for are TPTB. Never in my lifetime have I seen such fear gripping the minds of the masses. As I have said before, fear is an excellent motivator and herding tool. It works like nothing else. From what I’ve read and seen regarding 2012. I believe that fear is going to crescendo this coming year. If TPTB want to initiate a paradigm shift among the people, late 2012 will be an ideal time for it.
edit on 13-4-2011 by Klassified because: institute should have been initiate

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by alienresident

why there is no indication that we will grasp the knowledge, for any length of time in 2012...or at anytime in the near future....
we can't even see the interconnectedness of ourselves and our neighbor.

but, still, that is what I believe is possible...
it's part of what we were created to be....
part of what we were, a long, long time ago...

the focal points are there, just to give us the opportunity, in case someday, we discover ourselves...
like I said, whatever happens, it might be an improvement, the last focal point improved things somewhat, it at least got us away from listening to a king and a priest for truth and accepting that truth can be found within us.
and it took a long time to do it....
got a feeling 2012 is gonna be about the same....there will be a small occurance, like the birth of a baby, not even noticeable to much of the human population, but well, in time it will produce change.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

then again, it is possible that the ptb have been in control so long, that they have implanted the focal points, and passed down the manual (like the book of revelations) on down the line, so that the ptb would know what to do when......

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
I kind of believe that the past, present, and future are all so interconnected that the future can influence the present, and that we, along with the future can influence the past....
if we knew how...
I believe we do it now, half hazardly, without knowing how.
but, well, if we could just grasp the knowledge, as a species for just a few seconds, we could have a totally different past, and present (although those living within the time, wouldn't realize a difference, it would all seem normal to them).
time is part of the illusion that makes up 3 deminsional reality.
everything exists now!

Well, that sounds like fun in concept, but what about the impact of ramification? How do you unwind that? Ever see an organizational chart? How all those people link together within any hierarchal structure? That's nothing compared to the elemental ramification chart that could be plotted as a result of you waking up this morning and eating breakfast. Keep in mind that your experience of physical reality is extremely limited compared to how much reality is actually going on - one occurrence after another - around you, above you, below you, beside you and within you from one split instant to the next. To affect the past, you'll have to literally obliterate all of that ramification and impose your correction upon what initiated literally everything from the chosen moment going forward. If you ever learn how to do that, please keep it to yourself and never, ever, try it to see what happens.
edit on 4/13/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I sense a disturbance in the force: millions being disappointed at the same time.

Just like how Obama promised change and many voted him in for it, many people are seeking change and placing their hopes on some Mayan calender rumored end date. When that's done they'll place their hopes on change on something else, and so on.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
www.scribd.com...

There will be a build up. It has started. Enjoy the ride.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
The “change agent” you’re looking for is fear. The change agent(s) you’re looking for are TPTB. Never in my lifetime have I seen such fear gripping the minds of the masses. As I have said before, fear is an excellent motivator and herding tool. It works like nothing else. From what I’ve read and seen regarding 2012. I believe that fear is going to crescendo this coming year. If TPTB want to institute a paradigm shift among the people, late 2012 will be an ideal time for it.

Fear and oppression are the mainstays of human existence. Not your personal edition of human existence, but then Nostradamus probably wasn't think of what you'll be experiencing in 2012 when he either did or didn't predict the coming apocalypse. No, this isn't just more of the same old PTB stuff. Those guys have always been smashing the world of the rest of us.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
reply to post by Klassified

then again, it is possible that the ptb have been in control so long, that they have implanted the focal points, and passed down the manual (like the book of revelations) on down the line, so that the ptb would know what to do when......

Interesting. I've considered this myself, and have heard the idea from others. Now from you. It may not be quite as farfetched as it sounds actually. S&

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

and yet, everyone would wake up in the morning, and wouldn't notice those raminifactions.....
ya know there are people running around who would swear up and down that mandela died in jail, they remember hearing the news reports. I ain't never done what I am saying is possible. but I do believe someone is!!! the key to doing it "safely" is having others, not of the timeline, participating in it (aliens???) just in case you totally screw up the timeline to the extent that it can't be undone...then the ones who aren't affected by the change can step in an undo it for you....

just saying...

on a smaller scale, well, if you believe in reincarnation, well, you existed here before, and you will exist here again....you is you, regardless of time, and well, can be in a state where time isn't a restriction.....
you can change your current you by exploring your past lives and well, you can communicate somewhat with yourself then, and well....strengthen them if it is needed, counsel them to keep them from doing something that has effected you in the present, and well, you can reach ahead, and contact your future selves, and do much the same thing....
this I have done!

but, ya, I'd be willing to bet that someone, probably in the future, is playing with time in that much grander scale!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join